AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:19 pm

A very good evening to my Bronc's brethren.

I hope everybody is in fine form and healthy in mind, body and soul.
By the way, Phil didn't want to move to LA one little bit. ahem youse guys must be almost as bored as everyone else. lol Shoot my son even refused to move back to OC much less LA!!!! I don't blame him at all I feel the same way. Were I Rivers I'd probably retire rather than play up there. In the HOME DEPOT! hahaha see its still too easy.

Take care and all the best, always.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:27 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:say it aint so Phillip Rivers under federal Investigation? He allegedly tried to pick up an undercover cop who was posing as a male transsexual prostitute. what's worse is he offered him money that was headed to his foundation for children with cancer. Springs you are up there in SD right you hear of this?

Lol, hadn't heard that :lol: It's that move to LA, has all the players acting weird :lol:

I'm not seeing anything. Have a source Hop?

This isn't the story I saw can't find it anywhere now could be fake news LOL
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... QluyVbRWdA
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:31 am

rdrJoe wrote:A very good evening to my Bronc's brethren.

I hope everybody is in fine form and healthy in mind, body and soul.
By the way, Phil didn't want to move to LA one little bit. ahem youse guys must be almost as bored as everyone else. lol Shoot my son even refused to move back to OC much less LA!!!! I don't blame him at all I feel the same way. Were I Rivers I'd probably retire rather than play up there. In the HOME DEPOT! hahaha see its still too easy.

Take care and all the best, always.

Peace !

Not a fan of LA myself. I have lived an hour away for 5 years now and only been to Disney World with my family. I have no desire to go up there and see the city. San Diego is more like a giant Colorado Springs. High population but spread out over a huge area.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:33 am

Hoppy wrote:This isn't the story I saw can't find it anywhere now could be fake news LOL
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... QluyVbRWdA

Looks like this was years ago. I don't see a date on the original comment but some of the replies are 8 years old. Must have been the fake news :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:40 am

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:41 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Yeah, not going to happen Deion :lol:

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Deion-San ... s-53467789

I agree 2000% especially since I am NOT a CryBaby Rivers fan
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:33 pm

you said it all Springs
:up: :up: :up:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Hoppy wrote:

you said it all Springs

If I thought Rivers could make a difference and actually win a Super Bowl, I could maybe put aside my dislike with him for a couple seasons. However, and I firmly believe that no matter where he plays, he will be among the best QBs to never go to a Super Bowl. He just isn't good/consistent enough to get there. Even with good teams around him earlier in his career he couldn't achieve it. That's not changing now.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:38 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

you said it all Springs

If I thought Rivers could make a difference and actually win a Super Bowl, I could maybe put aside my dislike with him for a couple seasons. However, and I firmly believe that no matter where he plays, he will be among the best QBs to never go to a Super Bowl. He just isn't good/consistent enough to get there. Even with good teams around him earlier in his career he couldn't achieve it. That's not changing now.

I agree again (must be a theme)

I think it is those critical mistakes at inopportune moments that sink him. He gets sacked WAY too much.
The year they went to the Super Bowl they had LT, of course he was on the sidelines as usual. The reason Denver won 2 years ago is twofold 1. Von Miller 2. Peyton Manning

We didn't win because of Peyton's amazing pass throwing ability. It was because of his encyclopedic knowledge of defenses.
When and where to do a hard count to draw the defense offside. AND when to throw the pass into difficult coverage to draw pass interference calls.

Oh yeah, a smidgen of luck helps too.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

you said it all Springs

I agree again (must be a theme)

I think it is those critical mistakes at inopportune moments that sink him. He gets sacked WAY too much.
The year they went to the Super Bowl they had LT, of course he was on the sidelines as usual. The reason Denver won 2 years ago is twofold 1. Von Miller 2. Peyton Manning

We didn't win because of Peyton's amazing pass throwing ability. It was because of his encyclopedic knowledge of defenses.
When and where to do a hard count to draw the defense offside. AND when to throw the pass into difficult coverage to draw pass interference calls.

Oh yeah, a smidgen of luck helps too.

13-23 141 yards and an INT they have to show his 2 point conversion to make it look like he threw for a TD. No Manning had nothing to do with that SB win. The TD's we scored were on the D or caused by the D. I hated Manning before he came to play for the Broncos and not really that happy with him now that he's done. I remember his Colts kicking us out of the Playoffs year in year out. So as much as I hated Manning I love my Broncos and pulled for him here. Now move on and say we won the game without him we would have won that game with Yi behind center. The defense was better than great. Von was the best player in the league that day. So yes I would pull for Rivers if he wore the orange and blue but when it was over to hell with him. Sorry for the rant
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:47 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Such a stupid idea. Keep the first game here for the fans that have been filling the owners wallets all these years. Nothing wrong with the Chinese but they don't deserve the honor. That honor belongs to US fans.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... li=BBnba9I

Yep. The opener should be here.....this playing games in foreign countries sucks. Let them form their own league.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:41 am

** You know I said that one of the reasons we won SB 50 was because of Peyton Manning.

I agree with you Hop, his play during that game wasn't spectacular. What he provided was leadership. Knowing what to do and when to do it is as equally valuable as throwing that touchdown pass. DeMarcus Ware showed Von how to be a leader. And during the playoff run Von stepped up to the plate on multiple occasions. My favorite being the AFC Championship & season game with the Patsies.

I enjoyed watching golden boy get roughed up and sacked as many times as they could get to him.
I'm looking forward to this season. I don't think we will get to the playoffs. Trevor & Paxton don't / aren't the answer. I think they are not ready. Paxton because he is still a rookie. He is doing really well in mini-camp and we will see in training camp. Since they haven't really played in pads the results do look promising.

Just like I said about Rivers; mistakes at critical opportunities sunk us last year, that and our inability to convert on 3rd down.
1st downs lead to touchdowns or field goals.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:38 am

Hoppy wrote:Raiders playing with Fire.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Ra ... 8-53387254
:

LOL....nice try Hoppy...bait?

Mack's contract will eclipse Von Millers....he'll get paid, and be the highest defensive paid player. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hope all is well with all youse guys here

BTW...carbs still suck
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:43 am

BTW...would love to see Cry Me a River in those silly orange uni's....he has a slower release than Manning...Mack would have 10 sacks a game with him at QB, and your O=line... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Trade Von for him too :!:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:40 pm

I see we can't go to church and leave the house open without those raider fans sneaking in with their trash. :lol: Come by anytime old man and leave your trash just make sure it doesn't have anything to do with trading Von. Mack is a good player but he aint Von and that's a fact. pay Mack more better for us when you have no cap room. Go back to #caproomhell and the bottom of the division. And take the Chirfs with you. We do miss you around here on the real old man. Stay healthy and safe
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:50 pm

the 53 mile high report D. Stephenson
https://www.facebook.com/MileHighReport ... 8088526595
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:20 pm

Hoppy wrote:I see we can't go to church and leave the house open without those raider fans sneaking in with their trash. :lol: Come by anytime old man and leave your trash just make sure it doesn't have anything to do with trading Von. Mack is a good player but he aint Von and that's a fact. pay Mack more better for us when you have no cap room. Go back to #caproomhell and the bottom of the division. And take the Chirfs with you. We do miss you around here on the real old man. Stay healthy and safe

Not so fast my friend...looks like Mack is teaching Von a few things on pass rushing....

http://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2017/06 ... 8_c_moMCqe
R8der113
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Von has always looked at the best past and present pass rushers to up his own game. That's why he's the best. He adapts his game to what is working and takes it to the next level. And I don't think having the highest priced defender is something to be proud of lol. Just means less money to spread to other talent around him. We were all excited that Von signed his deal, but not all that excited with how much it was. He's a great player but he's going to cost us over the years. Mack and Carr will do the same to the Raiders.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:29 am

R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I see we can't go to church and leave the house open without those raider fans sneaking in with their trash. :lol: Come by anytime old man and leave your trash just make sure it doesn't have anything to do with trading Von. Mack is a good player but he aint Von and that's a fact. pay Mack more better for us when you have no cap room. Go back to #caproomhell and the bottom of the division. And take the Chirfs with you. We do miss you around here on the real old man. Stay healthy and safe

Not so fast my friend...looks like Mack is teaching Von a few things on pass rushing....

In the picture you are referencing, it seems to me that Mack is asking a question. Probably something like, " I think I see what you are saying Mr. Miller, but would you go over it one more time? I'm a little slow you see." Von probably came back with, " Sure son, I'll speak a little slower this time. I keep forgetting you went to the University of Buffalo." :P
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:51 am

IckyIPA wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

In the picture you are referencing, it seems to me that Mack is asking a question. Probably something like, " I think I see what you are saying Mr. Miller, but would you go over it one more time? I'm a little slow you see." Von probably came back with, " Sure son, I'll speak a little slower this time. I keep forgetting you went to the University of Buffalo." :P

:lol: University of Buffalo That's the funniest thing I heard today. Mack is a good pass rusher. If you remember Rich I thought he should have gone #1 in that draft. but He is still behind Von. And he is trying to pick Von's brain as I sure Von isn't teaching all his moves. After all this is Von's camp which I don't like. When he retires run a camp.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am

Hoppy wrote: :lol: University of Buffalo That's the funniest thing I heard today. Mack is a good pass rusher. If you remember Rich I thought he should have gone #1 in that draft. but He is still behind Von. And he is trying to pick Von's brain as I sure Von isn't teaching all his moves. After all this is Von's camp which I don't like. When he retires run a camp.

Yeah I thought the fact that he was running a camp for players on other teams was interesting also. Kind of a weird move, would have been better to get the Broncos D or at least the other pass rushers together instead.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:55 am

I'm thinking of going to the Denver at LA game at Stubhub. Anyone else considering it? Doesn't Drunk live around there? I didn't think he was in CO.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:22 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:

Von has always looked at the best past and present pass rushers to up his own game. That's why he's the best. He adapts his game to what is working and takes it to the next level. And I don't think having the highest priced defender is something to be proud of lol. Just means less money to spread to other talent around him. We were all excited that Von signed his deal, but not all that excited with how much it was. He's a great player but he's going to cost us over the years. Mack and Carr will do the same to the Raiders.

Yeah, nature of the beast Springs...salaries keep going up. Carr would have signed for less, but the players union put pressure on him not too.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:24 am

IckyIPA wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

Actually, he's asking Mack for a recipe for wing sauce , for when he rips the wings off the chickens, he's named Hoppy, Icky and Springs on his chicken farm. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:26 am

Hoppy wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

:lol: University of Buffalo That's the funniest thing I heard today. Mack is a good pass rusher. If you remember Rich I thought he should have gone #1 in that draft. but He is still behind Von. And he is trying to pick Von's brain as I sure Von isn't teaching all his moves. After all this is Von's camp which I don't like. When he retires run a camp.

Must have gotten the idea from the human bobble heads family...they've had one for years :lol:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:29 am

Hoppy wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

He was my AVI on Fox before the draft...I'm glad the texans went with the clown
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 am

Boy we must really feel our oats today. Glad to see you in fine spirits even though those pirates are a game back of the Carbs who are the Carbs this season. Must be that Cubs win last season has thrown everything out of whack. Tell The wife hello for me and enjoy the rest of the off season. It isn't going to be a good year for your team this up coming season. I'm one that think they benefited from a third place schedule last season and the first place schedule will catch up with them this season. Like the Panthers last season. But I've been wrong before and don't tell anyone I said so. :P I will tell you this If the Broncos get any play from this offense we could go into the playoffs. If we get good play we win the DIVISION if they play smashmouth and are really good at it we win the Super bowl again. We will have to see how it pans out. We do have the 3rd place schedule this season.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Hoppy wrote:Boy we must really feel our oats today. Glad to see you in fine spirits even though those pirates are a game back of the Carbs who are the Carbs this season. Must be that Cubs win last season has thrown everything out of whack. Tell The wife hello for me and enjoy the rest of the off season. It isn't going to be a good year for your team this up coming season. I'm one that think they benefited from a third place schedule last season and the first place schedule will catch up with them this season. Like the Panthers last season. But I've been wrong before and don't tell anyone I said so. :P I will tell you this If the Broncos get any play from this offense we could go into the playoffs. If we get good play we win the DIVISION if they play smashmouth and are really good at it we win the Super bowl again. We will have to see how it pans out. We do have the 3rd place schedule this season.

Thanks will do...do the same with Tyler and yours. The Raiders have always had a tough schedule...heck we've traveled the most miles almost every year. We do it with 7 home games , not 8 like most teams. And we didn't get those late starts(prime time games) on the east coast, other AFC west teams do...like playing the patties at 8 pm...we got them all at 1 pm Eastern time.

Yeah, the Bucs should get Marte back, but are talking trading Cole and Cutch to the trolley dodgers...that will make them a lock for the WS.
Still waiting for the cubs or carbs to get hot..too much talent, and the Bucs just let them walk away.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:48 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:15 pm

DT says he wants to know who is the starter before they go to SF for the second Preseason game. And they are making a big noise about him being a leader and all. Only one thing he was talking to the 9 news sports caster not the coach. how can you lead from the booth? Just saying.
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)