AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby RushAndTucker » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Now that Tucker has been let out of the dog pound.. here's a razz for you :P
Geaux Saints... I love me some Cajun food..
RushAndTucker
Rookie

Postby KatRavensGirl » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:32 pm

Quick drive by to say Hi!
Feel free to stop by the Ravens page anytime.
:P
KatRavensGirl
Rookie

Postby SouthStands » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Afternoon everyone...hope you all had a great Easter yesterday!

Latest mocks on nfl.com have the Raiders taking a WR (White or Cooper), the Chargers taking a RB (Gurley or Gordon), the Chiefs at OL, WR, and even a DL in there and, finally, Denver going OL.

That all makes sense I think. Oakland should go WR unless Leonard Williams inexplicably falls to #4, in which case he would be a no-brainer for them. I like Cooper better than White personally, but either would be great for Carr. I love that SD is mocked with a RB. So much for trading up to get Mathews a few years ago! In truth, I don't think I would EVER draft a RB in the first three rounds. There are so many good ones, you just have to scout and do your work. We all talked up Le'veon Bell in 2013, but Latavius Murray (Oakland) and Andre Ellington (Arizona) were taken in the 6th round and Denver's CJ Anderson was undrafted. That's 3 of 32 starters in the league drafted late or not at all. Zac Stacy was a 5th rounder for the Rams that year too. I'm not saying Bell isn't great, but you tell me...Montee Ball in the 2nd round or CJ Anderson as a UDFA?

...a wildcard is Mariota to the Chargers. The rumors aren't going away that Wisenhunt wants Rivers in Tennessee. Could that trade get done? Something to watch anyways...of course Bucky Brooks thinks Mariota will fall all the way to the Chargers at #17 anyways, so there is that... :roll:

The Chiefs getting OL help is the smartest thing they can do with the Maclin acquisition. I'd take Erving if I was them with his versatility and their holes, but who knows what they'll do.

For Denver, the names are Clemmings, Erving, Ogbuehi, and Humphries. I'm not a fan of Ogbuehi honestly. Injury and attitude concerns with him. Clemmings and Humphries would be great at RT...both quick off the ball and a solid fit for the zone-scheme. I know Hop thinks Clemmings is too much like Franklin, but I disagree. He did look rough at the Senior Bowl with speed rushers, but that was at LT. I see him as a RT for Denver and wouldn't be upset with him at all. In truth, I'd be ok with him or Humphries, though I think I like Clemmings a bit more. All that said, if it's an OL and all those guys are available, I'd take Erving. He can play wherever Denver needs him to play and will play at a high level there.

I do agree with Hop and really like Stephone Anthony from Clemson at ILB though. I know Denver is going to go with an offensive lineman, and I am fine with that, but Anthony is a stud and could play that 'Mike' role for Phillips from day one with Trevethan or Marshall next to him. I still think #28 is too high (again, because I think he'll be there later, not because he doesn't have first round talent), but he's a guy I'd love to have in Denver.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Very exciting draft to come I bet. So much speculation. I'm stunned on the rumors of Cry Me A Rivers possibly leaving San Diego.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:59 pm

kicks wrote:Very exciting draft to come I bet. So much speculation. I'm stunned on the rumors of Cry Me A Rivers possibly leaving San Diego.

No we don't want him here. just thought I'd add that. I will also say EX was right about the schedule
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1062 ... 6920715da0 here it is.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Hoppy wrote:
kicks wrote:Very exciting draft to come I bet. So much speculation. I'm stunned on the rumors of Cry Me A Rivers possibly leaving San Diego.

No we don't want him here. just thought I'd add that. I will also say EX was right about the schedule

are we changing our avs to Elway for the Draft ?
Hoppy
MVP

Postby YiRox » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:40 pm

Hoppy wrote:

I love how all the replies to the right where so excitable. They were trying to figure out the eight game home stand and then an eight game roadie.

Wonder which one of them is ex?

Looks like a nice Photoshop except the score column has CLE as the home team
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby SouthStands » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:43 pm

I just lost my whole freaking mock draft post...aghh!! I'm not going to go into crazy detail this time, but here's the direction I'd like to see Elway go in the draft:

1st - #28 - Stephone Anthony - ILB - Clemson
Hop convinced me. I always like Anthony, but I know Denver needs OL help and will probably go that way. Bottom line, Anthony is a stud and can start from day one.

2nd - #59 - Hroniss Grasu - C - Oregon
Still need a center...Grasu is athletic and will excel in Kubiak's system.

3rd - #92 - Grady Jarrett - DT - Clemson
Dude is a bowling ball. They say he's undersized, but I think he's quick and would excel in Phillips' system.

4th - #133 - Nick O'Leary - TE - Florida State
Mackey winner may not impress anyone with lightning speed or whatever, but he's old school and just doesn't drop the ball. Great for Kubiak's system too (in my opinion).

5th - #143 - Durrell Eskridge - FS - Syracuse
Leader of the Syracuse defense. Some say he should have stayed in school one more year to get better. He's leaving school because his family needs financial stability. A kid that knows what his NFL shot means to his family is going to give everything he has. Yes please.

5th - #164 - Jamil Douglas - OG - Arizona State
Solid OG, but undersized. Projected 'best fit' for Douglas...a zone-blocking scheme.

6th - #203 - Kyle Emanuel - OLB - North Dakota State
Small school stud. 19.5 sacks as a senior and won the Buck Buchanan award for FCS' best defensive player. Can push for a chance to back-up Ware.

7th - #250 - Gerald Christian - TE - Louisville
NFL Comparison? Owen Daniels. Daniels has had some success in Kubiak's system I think. Yes please.

7th - #251 - Darius Philon - DT - Arkansas
Another kid that should have stayed in school one more year...but hes got a motor and gets off the ball great. Good 1-gap player with potential in Phillips' system.

7th - #252 - Chris Bonner - QB - CSU-Pueblo
You know Denver is going to draft a QB at some point...why not get a DII National Champ? Give the local kid a shot!
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Hey everyone, just stopping by really quick. Got the fox comments to load today, nothing since march 23 lol.

Can't wait to get football started, summer needs to hurry up and be done with :lol:

Saw that story on Ware not leaving a tip, blown way out of proportion. Tips are not required and it is possible he left it in cash, bet nobody that was upset with it thought of that.

Rivers isn't coming to Denver so no need to worry about that. Heard he was looking at Tennessee maybe. I don't really see the chargers leaving San Diego anyways so all the speculation could be for nothing.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Rivers isn't coming here. Denver doesn't want him and San Diego won't trade him in the Division anyway. Tennessee is a stretch as they are still AFC, but for a shot at Mariota they might do it. And Tennessee has been favorable to that idea, at least via the press. SD won't dump Rivers unless there is an advantage to do so and drafting Mariota might be on their wish list.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 pm

YiRox wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

I love how all the replies to the right where so excitable. They were trying to figure out the eight game home stand and then an eight game roadie.

:shock:
That isn't the schedule....we won't play the first 8 games at home and the last 8 on the road...lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:59 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
YiRox wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

- No Philip Rivers for Denver Please! it was bad enough with crybaby cutler, you actually want that whiner?
I hear the "sports announcers saying he is a "fiery competitor" I see a whiney snot nosed loser, and those are his good points!

:shock:
That isn't the schedule....we won't play the first 8 games at home and the last 8 on the road...lol.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:31 am

Agreed Jarhead. Nobody that's a Denver fan wants Rivers or Cutler.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:36 am

Yeah I knew the schedule wasn't and still isn't the real one. Was making fun of the posters to the right of the schedule.
If you remember ex said we'd be in KC week two.

As far as Rivers, we could and have done a whole lot worse at QB. I hated PFM when he wore a horseshoe on the helmet
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:56 am

Yeah, the posters to the right are pretty much like eX.....all of them...lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Dilligaf » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:21 am

good morning bronco's page, good to see folks merging over !!!!
Dilligaf
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:32 am

Hoppy wrote:
dredwak wrote:hi...my name is dred...and im a Cowboy fan...

aweeeee Lets all say hello to the less fortunate we know How hard it is to have to pull for a average team that had a weak schedule and the following season have to play a tough schedule and get beat up on. we saw it happen to the Raiders that SB year and they have never been back to the playoffs . Then we witnessed the chiefs 2 seasons ago then last season they couldn't find the endzone with their wide receivers. Hope that doesn't happen to you but The Cowboys !!!!!! Romo!!!!!!!! well Lets all hope 8-)

i dont know what your talking about...Cowboys strength of schedule last year was 18th in the league based on 2013 (nfl.com)...this year it is 24th based on last year...(cbs)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25066031/2015-nfl-strength-of-schedule-steelers-at-no-1-falcons-at-no-32

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap2000000344317
dredwak
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:45 am

Dilligaf wrote:good morning bronco's page, good to see folks merging over !!!!

Wassup Dill? Ahmad Green from the Packers page will be joining soon as well. She's just having some technical difficulty.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Dilligaf » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:24 am

Wassup Dill? Ahmad Green from the Packers page will be joining soon as well. She's just having some technical difficulty.
[/quote]

yeah, I saw that, a bunch of steeler fans are gonna be dropping in, as soon as we rid CBS of this clown stool consumer
Dilligaf
Rookie

Postby YiRox » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:39 am

This place really isn't turning into a 12 step program is it?
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby dredwak » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:43 am

YiRox wrote:

just for Cowboy fans...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:52 am

dredwak wrote:
YiRox wrote:

just for Cowboy fans...

What happened to the voodoo girl for the av?
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:00 am

I would like to reiterate that I don't want Rivers here. Barf! I was just stunned that there is talk of him leaving. Heard its because they were considering moving.

On another note. I love seeing everyone here. Can I get a Bronco Hell Yeah?
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:08 am

Dilligaf wrote:

yeah, I saw that, a bunch of steeler fans are gonna be dropping in, as soon as we rid CBS of this clown stool consumer[/quote]

That Troll Commander wanna be loser dude? He's about as stupid as a piece of lint....and about as witty.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:10 am

Sup Utah? Back to work for a bit for me.
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:17 am

kicks wrote:Sup Utah? Back to work for a bit for me.

Me as well.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:20 am

http://nashville.suntimes.com/tennessee ... us-mariota

Now Chicago is in the Mariota derby.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:16 am

kicks wrote:I would like to reiterate that I don't want Rivers here. Barf! I was just stunned that there is talk of him leaving. Heard its because they were considering moving.

How about a loud GO BRONCOS?!!
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:45 am

Jarhead93 wrote:
kicks wrote:I would like to reiterate that I don't want Rivers here. Barf! I was just stunned that there is talk of him leaving. Heard its because they were considering moving.

How about a loud GO BRONCOS?!!

That'll work!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:47 am

Mel asked me how to get here. I gave him a map and directions. Hoping he gets on board. Out of all the places to post for him, this is the most monitored. Hoping his brother checks it out.
kicks
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)