AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:45 am

SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Jarhead93 wrote:http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljpnrgsVmQ1qemet3o1_500.jpg

Uncommon valor was a common virtue.

To all those serving today GOD BLESS YOU!
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby YiRox » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:55 am

Hope all is better South.

More I read and watch, may have to side with Hop on this one. Looks like a bum deal similar to the one we got with Seattle when the dude up and retired right away. Still not in panic mode as the cuts will come at the end. Just hate seeing a fourth go out the door for former potential.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby SouthStands » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:02 pm

YiRox wrote:Hope all is better South.

More I read and watch, may have to side with Hop on this one. Looks like a bum deal similar to the one we got with Seattle when the dude up and retired right away. Still not in panic mode as the cuts will come at the end. Just hate seeing a fourth go out the door for former potential.

Thanks Yi...I'm on the upswing I think.

I don't disagree with you or Hop honestly. I just think the insight Kubiak and Dennison have with this kid could trump what PFF graded him at. Time...as always...will tell.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby blackngoldbabe » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Have a blessed Easter guys. Take care. Thanks again Kicks......
blackngoldbabe
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:06 pm

blackngoldbabe wrote:Have a blessed Easter guys. Take care. Thanks again Kicks......

You too Babe.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:32 pm

TryThinking wrote:How you doing man, like the name and I use to have a natural mineral and fossil gallery in So Cal. Sold a very nice ichthyosaurus years back out of there. They were the guys that ate Ammonites and were related to early dolphins. I was born in Colorado, (Colorado Springs) but moved to So Cal before I was 1 and been here ever since. It's a comfortable little area to hang in that's for sure. Back in the day, (Swiss ver1) you would find people talking all through the night at times. It was pretty crazy busy, however it was a very fast moving single thread and could be hard to keep up with at times. Utah was mentioning being an early poster in Switzerland, I think I was the first here, and I'd have to refer to CK as to how early I was on the previous version, but it was in the single digits too. I came over from Fox when it just got out of control and had a bunch of trolls and some guys beating their collective chests saying they were going to take everyone done in there. (basically just using an exploited line of code that would let them hide peoples post for a short time.) Got pretty silly and then the monitors went kind of dysfunctional, and you would never know when they would address an issue or not and getting a simple response was like pulling teeth.

That was the beginning of the original Switzerland.... the rest is history. Good to see you here and all the others that are giving it a try also.

Dolphin Phan here!
Have a great night!

Hey Thinking, I lived in COS from 95-2012. Now I'm in San Diego (hence the screen name). Where in SO Cal are you?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:56 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hey Thinking, I lived in COS from 95-2012. Now I'm in San Diego (hence the screen name). Where in SO Cal are you?

I'm up in Orange County area, about 1½ hours north of you, depending on what part of SD and traffic of course. :D
I'll probably be down there for the Charger/Dolphin game.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby kicks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Old kicks.jpg
Old kicks.jpg (11.77 KiB) Viewed 15352 times
This is for Yi!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:44 pm

http://media.giphy.com/media/cRaVXgNcdQMyk/giphy.gif

A proud moment for all Bronco fans.
kicks
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:54 pm

kicks wrote:
Old kicks.jpg
This is for Yi!

YES!!!!!!!!!! in the best Marv Albert voice I can muster
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:22 pm

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:54 pm

can't say I blame them I would burn it. Have you noticed that the Broncos have asked more TE draft hopefuls in to visit then any other position.

http://t.co/hg807qzV7o
If they want a TE I think they draft one in the late rounds this kid is a late rounder
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:40 am

I wouldn't have a Cutler football anywhere near me. Much less pay for one.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:42 am

Hmmmmmm......I've been a member here for 5 years and I'm still a "rookie"......lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:43 am

Probably because my post count is low.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:37 pm

I'm celebrating my 200th post with a malt beverage.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:03 pm

kicks wrote:Here is a place to chat about the Denver Broncos.

I'm still getting use to our new home Hope we are all here draft day I'm in
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:25 am

Happy Easter Everybody !
Attachments
download (7).jpg
download (7).jpg (40.69 KiB) Viewed 15317 times
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:40 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:I'm celebrating my 200th post with a malt beverage.

Cheers!!

mammoth-doublenut.jpg
mammoth-doublenut.jpg (77.03 KiB) Viewed 15317 times
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:06 pm

SouthStands wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I agree with all your points but the Gradkowski deal. he was the 35th center out of 35 that were graded in 2013. He was a starter that means 3 subs were better then he was. He didn't play last season so how do you get better if you don't play. Just my opinion but I think the team could have made a 4th round pick and draft a bust. Why take on someone else's bust

I agree hop, but at the same time, Kubiak and Dennison had contact with this kid all of last year. I have no idea what they see in him, but they must see something. If Elway was to pick someone at the bottom of the 4th round this year that pushed the starter but ended up only providing depth on the OL, I would be ok with it. Not great value of course, but how many late fourths come in and take over? I know we can rattle off a list of late round guys that beat the odds...that's not the bulk of 4th-7th rounders. More often than not, those guys end up being the depth on your team. What I'm saying is that if Gradkowski ends up being OL depth, I'm ok with it.

Now all that said, I see center as just as big a need today as it was before Gradkowski was signed. In no way does that trade take away from the OL needs this team has. I'm still very much driving the Erving or Grasu bus.

I know this we have 1.8 million in worthless centers on this team Ramirez 1,250,00 and Gradkowski 570,000 waist of money. Paradis should get his shot this season. And maybe the coaches will play who they want instead of who Peyton wants them to.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:56 pm

HAPPY EASTER!
Attachments
easter-bunny.jpg
easter-bunny.jpg (74.41 KiB) Viewed 15310 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:13 pm

I just looked over at Fox Sports and it is officially dead. Hasn't been a new post on the Bronco page in almost a week.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 am

Cruising through several mocks and starting to see more than a few that have the Bama S Collins sliding to and past Denver. The vast majority of the mocks have us taking some sort of OL help in RT's. A few have an OLB or NT/UT.

Question I have is if that particular safety is there, would you take him? Worry about the productivity of Bama players as pros? Or is the OL need that great that regardless of "that" guy that falls during the first we stay true and draft for need over BPA?
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby Hoppy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:42 am

dredwak wrote:hi...my name is dred...and im a Cowboy fan...

aweeeee Lets all say hello to the less fortunate we know How hard it is to have to pull for a average team that had a weak schedule and the following season have to play a tough schedule and get beat up on. we saw it happen to the Raiders that SB year and they have never been back to the playoffs . Then we witnessed the chiefs 2 seasons ago then last season they couldn't find the endzone with their wide receivers. Hope that doesn't happen to you but The Cowboys !!!!!! Romo!!!!!!!! well Lets all hope 8-)
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:52 am

YiRox wrote:Cruising through several mocks and starting to see more than a few that have the Bama S Collins sliding to and past Denver. The vast majority of the mocks have us taking some sort of OL help in RT's. A few have an OLB or NT/UT.

Question I have is if that particular safety is there, would you take him? Worry about the productivity of Bama players as pros? Or is the OL need that great that regardless of "that" guy that falls during the first we stay true and draft for need over BPA?

Yi I think the Broncos are good with Stewart. He will be the starter. They went out and got a safety in Free Agency gave him 3 years? or 2 years, not sure but they are paying him 1 million this season. I'm still hoping for the team to draft a MLB at 28th. Hope your Mother is doing well
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:56 am

Hoppy wrote:
dredwak wrote:hi...my name is dred...and im a Cowboy fan...

aweeeee Lets all say hello to the less fortunate we know How hard it is to have to pull for a average team that had a weak schedule and the following season have to play a tough schedule and get beat up on. we saw it happen to the Raiders that SB year and they have never been back to the playoffs . Then we witnessed the chiefs 2 seasons ago then last season they couldn't find the endzone with their wide receivers. Hope that doesn't happen to you but The Cowboys !!!!!! Romo!!!!!!!! well Lets all hope 8-)

Ha ha. Well, that would most likely be in response to Dred's April Fools joke. Have you met Dred yet Hop? He's a good guy. He can take as well as dish it out.

Hope everyone had a great Easter. I've been so damn busy. Haven't had much time to post here. Mainly busy recruiting to get folks here. Catch you all later.
kicks
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:24 am

ChiefGuy76 wrote:Who is Souheil Shalash........Ute, Kicks? I got a FB request from them, you two are friends on their page?

Melbourne tiger from fox
dredwak
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:31 am

ChiefGuy76 wrote:Who is Souheil Shalash........Ute, Kicks? I got a FB request from them, you two are friends on their page?

He's Melbourne Tiger. Great dude.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)