AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby IckyIPA » Thu May 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Hoppy wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:I am going through an old life crisis though...(not to be confused with a middle life crisis). I've bought a Vette, guitars, a drone, and other assorted toys for my impending retirement..(In about 1-2 years). I want plenty of shit to play with when I'm not working 50-60 hours a week. 8-) :D

I guess I am older I been retired for 4 years and I started writing as you all know. My first book hits the stores Oct. 17 LESSONS OF FREEDOM You just have to keep your mind working

I'm looking forward to reading it Hop. Let me know when, and I will pre-order it[/quote

I tried to share the cove but they won't let me yet but I'll send it as soon as They let me
Thank you Sir.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri May 05, 2017 8:19 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:59 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jay-cutler-joining-fox%E2%80%99s-no-2-nfl-broadcast-booth/ar-BBAMiYS?li=BBnba9I

I won't be watching this .....

** You will notice that they said it was the #2 team, by which I'm sure they meant washroom visit :down:
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri May 05, 2017 1:28 pm

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri May 05, 2017 6:09 pm

He should try to set more obtainable goals. He will learn this I guess. This is his first year named starter before the season.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sat May 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat May 06, 2017 4:42 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/04/denver-broncos-2017-depth-chart-running-back-prediction/?ref=yfp

RB depth chart.

We all just thing that CJ will start this season before we signed Charles but that's not a given. Booker is a better back as far as health is concerned. Also the way Elway set up the contract of Charles they could cut him and he won't cost them anything. There is only 2,000 I think for everyone in the preseason yes he'll get a workout bonus but that 900.000 doesn't kick in until the season starts. and he may not make the team. I think if he's healthy he makes the team and starts but CJ I think is trade bait. The 9'ers could use him and anyone that runs the WC. Gase may take him I just think Him being hurt every year and missing 4-5 games is enough. Yes Charles is injury prone also. Keeping both may keep both healthy or it could go the other way on us and both end up on the IR. I see Charles then Booker then Henderson Thompson(Howard) with CJ traded for a 2nd round pick. Still not sure if we use a FB in this new offense if not Thompson could be the man on his way out
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat May 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/04/denver-broncos-2017-depth-chart-running-back-prediction/?ref=yfp

RB depth chart.

We all just thing that CJ will start this season before we signed Charles but that's not a given. Booker is a better back as far as health is concerned. Also the way Elway set up the contract of Charles they could cut him and he won't cost them anything. There is only 2,000 I think for everyone in the preseason yes he'll get a workout bonus but that 900.000 doesn't kick in until the season starts. and he may not make the team. I think if he's healthy he makes the team and starts but CJ I think is trade bait. The 9'ers could use him and anyone that runs the WC. Gase may take him I just think Him being hurt every year and missing 4-5 games is enough. Yes Charles is injury prone also. Keeping both may keep both healthy or it could go the other way on us and both end up on the IR. I see Charles then Booker then Henderson Thompson(Howard) with CJ traded for a 2nd round pick. Still not sure if we use a FB in this new offense if not Thompson could be the man on his way out

I think Thompson is toast. As far as CJ we'll see if anyone thinks he's worth anything.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon May 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue May 09, 2017 9:47 am

Some players still out there that might fit with Denver. I haven't really heard much about these guys. Most just seem like depth players and it's hard to tell how much we really need in certain areas with so many new people still to be evaluated by the coaches on the field.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2017/05/ ... r-broncos/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue May 09, 2017 10:49 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Some players still out there that might fit with Denver. I haven't really heard much about these guys. Most just seem like depth players and it's hard to tell how much we really need in certain areas with so many new people still to be evaluated by the coaches on the field.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2017/05/ ... r-broncos/

Richardson would be too expensive and I don't think we need anyone else but a QB and that's not going to happen. Hope Lynch does get his chance to shine. but no matter who you bring in if our QB is the same as last season we suck
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue May 09, 2017 11:42 am

Hoppy wrote:Richardson would be too expensive and I don't think we need anyone else but a QB and that's not going to happen. Hope Lynch does get his chance to shine. but no matter who you bring in if our QB is the same as last season we suck

With a better o-line and healthy running backs QB play could be the same and we would still be better. 9-7 isn't awful, just less than we are accustomed to. We've become spoiled in Denver the last several years. I think QB play will improve and that the competition between now and the season will be good for all QB's involved.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed May 10, 2017 10:16 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Richardson would be too expensive and I don't think we need anyone else but a QB and that's not going to happen. Hope Lynch does get his chance to shine. but no matter who you bring in if our QB is the same as last season we suck

With a better o-line and healthy running backs QB play could be the same and we would still be better. 9-7 isn't awful, just less than we are accustomed to. We've become spoiled in Denver the last several years. I think QB play will improve and that the competition between now and the season will be good for all QB's involved.

I can agree that 9-7 is one game better than average but this Defense isn't average and if The QB play is the same this season as last this will be the last year we will have this great defense together. Last season the defense and the offense played the blame game with eachother. No take that back the defense blamed the Offense for playing poorly and there was problems in the locker room. I think that had a lot to do with why Elway wanted to fire all offensive coaches but Kubiak who resigned instead of firing his people. We can't play that same way this season. better line ok but poor QB play will make opposing defenses play 8 or 9 in the box send a blitz every play like they did last season and again we'll be blaming the line but 5 can't block 8 or 9. The young QB's have to get the ball out on time and with the right read or teams will continue to play them this way and we miss the playoffs another year with the leagues top defense. That's my opinion and I have been known to be wrong.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed May 10, 2017 10:46 am

Hoppy wrote:I can agree that 9-7 is one game better than average but this Defense isn't average and if The QB play is the same this season as last this will be the last year we will have this great defense together. Last season the defense and the offense played the blame game with eachother. No take that back the defense blamed the Offense for playing poorly and there was problems in the locker room. I think that had a lot to do with why Elway wanted to fire all offensive coaches but Kubiak who resigned instead of firing his people. We can't play that same way this season. better line ok but poor QB play will make opposing defenses play 8 or 9 in the box send a blitz every play like they did last season and again we'll be blaming the line but 5 can't block 8 or 9. The young QB's have to get the ball out on time and with the right read or teams will continue to play them this way and we miss the playoffs another year with the leagues top defense. That's my opinion and I have been known to be wrong.

I don't disagree with you. This is where I think Kelly comes in. I see him and Lynch as having the most potential but Kelly may be the faster, more accurate of the two. Plus he seems to be more of a downfield threat. The big thing Lynch has going for him is this is not his first year. On the other hand, with a new offensive staff, all the QBs will be adjusting to a new system. I wouldn't be surprised if Siemian is not starting by the end of camp. Or they start him to build interest and trade him, never fully intending to start him during the season.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed May 10, 2017 11:04 am

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed May 10, 2017 11:09 am

no matter what Elway knows how to spend and control his cap
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-c ... L-52691642
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed May 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Hoppy wrote:no matter what Elway knows how to spend and control his cap
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-c ... L-52691642

For sure. He has excelled in that area pretty much since day 1. He is constantly building for today without ruining the future. This means he can build every year and his motto of "win from now on" works.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed May 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Kelly signs
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-s ... y-52702938
I don't see him on the PS with the money he will make. He is on the 53 only his job will be to carry a clipboard and learn. Maybe push for the #2 spot this season.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed May 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Hoppy wrote:Kelly signs
I don't see him on the PS with the money he will make. He is on the 53 only his job will be to carry a clipboard and learn. Maybe push for the #2 spot this season.

I would say the chance of him being on PS is very low. Don't we also run the risk of losing him if we move him to the PS?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed May 10, 2017 2:44 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:

I would say the chance of him being on PS is very low. Don't we also run the risk of losing him if we move him to the PS?

yes he would be on waivers for 24 hours and who knows what will happen. I think he will play the last preseason game and then they will have to keep him.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed May 10, 2017 2:48 pm

broncos tell us that OG Connor McGovern is working out at center then they release the only other center James Ferentz saving themselves 615.000 in cap space.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed May 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

yes he would be on waivers for 24 hours and who knows what will happen. I think he will play the last preseason game and then they will have to keep him.

The Broncos will keep Kelly as the number 3 QB unless he causes trouble. He has too much natural ability to not keep the dude if he works hard and stays out of trouble.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu May 11, 2017 9:28 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:The Broncos will keep Kelly as the number 3 QB unless he causes trouble. He has too much natural ability to not keep the dude if he works hard and stays out of trouble.

I think Denver brought in an UDFA QB, that guy is practice squad bound well before Kelly. Kelly seems to really want a new start and put his past behind him. I'm all for that. Denver has a great team of guys to help him if he accepts it. As I said before, if manages Siemian to win the battle this year I expect Lynch and Kelly to be fighting for the start next year. And I would say next year is Lynch's last chance. I hope he makes a big jump this year but it's still too early to tell.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Broncos sign 1st round pick to 11 million over 4 years.
https://t.co/3zO5ldbbBH
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Josh Gordon denied reinstatement like we didn't see that coming.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu May 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Hoppy wrote:Broncos sign 1st round pick to 11 million over 4 years.

I like to see that a first round pick has signed so quickly. I hate it when they hold out until the end trying to get more in a system that doesn't really give it anymore. Bolles seems to be doing the right things.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 11, 2017 6:41 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Broncos sign 1st round pick to 11 million over 4 years.

I like to see that a first round pick has signed so quickly. I hate it when they hold out until the end trying to get more in a system that doesn't really give it anymore. Bolles seems to be doing the right things.

I think Bolles will surprise people. He's a tough kid with a mean streak.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Hoppy wrote:Josh Gordon denied reinstatement like we didn't see that coming.

I think he's toast personally. Screwed up too many times. Too bad really. He's an amazing talent.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Broncos sign 2 more Langley and Butt
https://t.co/IUj1wgSJhS
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)