AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:**Here is what I have learned about guns.

Rules about guns:
1. Treat every gun as if it is loaded all the time.
2. If you aren't sure the gun is loaded, it probably is.
3. Stupidity is not in short supply when guns are in the vicinity.
4. Never point a gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.
5. There is no such thing as an unloaded gun. Rule#1
6. I am not opposed to personal gun ownership, I am opposed to uninformed, under-educated, untrained, ignorant, idiotic, incompetent individuals owning them.
7. The 2nd Amendment says you have the right to bear arms, (See Larry the cable guy). Not to act like a complete nincompoop when you are using your gun.
8. Even when cleaning your gun follow rule #1. {Friend shot himself in the head with weapon he was cleaning}, he lived, but his capabilities are seriously reduced.
9. I think we should be licensed to carry a gun, with a requirement to pass a gun safety test, qualify with your chosen weapon and your license should be reviewed immediately for a gun related incident.
10. Background checks should be done for anyone looking to use an assault rifle for deer hunting (M-4 {M-16} AK-47) should not be used to hunt Bambi.

I know the west was not won with a registered gun, but since when are we in the Wild West? Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, Idaho, Utah (portions where there ain't no water), Nevada, Oregon & Washington state constitute the West last I checked, and only 1 of these has some really loose gun laws. You get two guesses and 1 doesn't count.
California is too busy worrying about the next el nino to worry about real gun laws.

If I didn't say it enough, Please follow rule #1 around ANY GUN.

Idiots and criminals will always get guns unfortunately....even if it's illegal for them to have them. Responsible people are rarely ever a problem

Sorry They get their guns from people who don't lock their guns up Sandy hook was that a criminal no and he got the guns from his responsible mother who was able to buy the guns in the first place. yes we need to protect ourselves but did she need that mush firepower. That's my problem only the police need that much firepower to protect you can hold the bad guys off with less until help gets to you. That would have saved at least 26 lives 12/14 /12.

I'm not saying you need an AK47 around the house, Hop. I'm just saying criminals will get guns whether it's from stealing them, getting them underground, or across the border just like drugs. And I said responsible people are usually not a problem....not idiots. And the Sandy hook kid and his Mom weren't responsible citizens. She bought him that gun he used because he wanted it just like she bought him everything else he wanted. Neither is the Affluenza kid or his Mom. Same scenario there except he killed people drunk in a car.

You have a 9MM but handguns kill more people than any other kind...right? I also have a .45 Kimber and a Sig .40 myself but when I'm not carrying them (yes I have a carry permit) I keep them locked up....just like my .270, .257 Weatherby...and the other 17 guns I happen to own.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:34 pm

Back to football....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tre ... li=BBnba9I

This QB intrigue is starting to get my interest. Maybe they're right and Siemian is the stopgap between Manning and Lynch....of course the press will publish anything when the off season is going on.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:57 am

Hoppy wrote:I don't want to get into a big argument about guns but I have a problem with anyone owning any gun that only the men and women in the arm services should be carrying. Why do you need that much gun. The last few school shootings were by people who had assault weapons that the took from a family member and shoot up children. I own a 9m. I'm all for having a gun for protecting yourself. I just don't think you need a AK to stop a kid that breaks into your home. My 9 will do the job.
Sorry Springs I don't think you would shoot a kid and it not bother you afterwards. If so you don't belong on the force. Now I have found you to be a carrying man so if you tell us you could kill a kid like they killed that kid in Detroit Then I have misjudged you. That was murder

I never said it wouldn't bother me afterwards, fake gun or not. Taking a life is serious and it messes a lot of cops up. I can't imagine how that would feel and I hope it never comes to that. It does happen though and it's something you have to be prepared for as much as you can.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:16 am

Hey Icky, you shoot the 300 Blackout or Whisper?

Been looking into those v. a 308
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:41 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I don't want to get into a big argument about guns but I have a problem with anyone owning any gun that only the men and women in the arm services should be carrying. Why do you need that much gun. The last few school shootings were by people who had assault weapons that the took from a family member and shoot up children. I own a 9m. I'm all for having a gun for protecting yourself. I just don't think you need a AK to stop a kid that breaks into your home. My 9 will do the job.
Sorry Springs I don't think you would shoot a kid and it not bother you afterwards. If so you don't belong on the force. Now I have found you to be a carrying man so if you tell us you could kill a kid like they killed that kid in Detroit Then I have misjudged you. That was murder

I never said it wouldn't bother me afterwards, fake gun or not. Taking a life is serious and it messes a lot of cops up. I can't imagine how that would feel and I hope it never comes to that. It does happen though and it's something you have to be prepared for as much as you can.

:up:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:43 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:50 pm

YiRox wrote:Hey Icky, you shoot the 300 Blackout or Whisper?

Don't know much about that Yi. I have only used factory loaded 180 grain 300 win mag rounds per the barrel stamp. The best I can figure is that blackout v whisper is an AR magazine related preference, which doesn't really apply to my Model 70. I tried to read up on the difference, and only got more confused, and left with more questions than I really cared to pursue. As far as the 300 win mag v 308 question, it's all about knock down over distance. In my opinion, a 308 is fine for distance if you are shooting at paper or don't mind tracking an elk to hell and back. I hunt in the mountains of Eastern Nevada where long open shots are the norm. For the most part, it's a Chevy v Ford type of deal. I got the 300 win mag after I decided my Ruger M77 was basically giving the same results as a 308.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:14 pm

IckyIPA wrote:

Don't know much about that Yi. I have only used factory loaded 180 grain 300 win mag rounds per the barrel stamp. The best I can figure is that blackout v whisper is an AR magazine related preference, which doesn't really apply to my Model 70. I tried to read up on the difference, and only got more confused, and left with more questions than I really cared to pursue. As far as the 300 win mag v 308 question, it's all about knock down over distance. In my opinion, a 308 is fine for distance if you are shooting at paper or don't mind tracking an elk to hell and back. I hunt in the mountains of Eastern Nevada where long open shots are the norm. For the most part, it's a Chevy v Ford type of deal. I got the 300 win mag after I decided my Ruger M77 was basically giving the same results as a 308.

Yeah they've necked down a 223 to 30 caliber. Just wanted something to gradually upgrade the thump. The boys were never interested in anything to do with hunting until I bought something that they've seen on a game. The old 30-30 just doesn't look cool enough. Figure I will eventually be able to get them into 308 or 30-06 for a time and then drop back into a 270 or a 243. That's more than enough for the deer and antelope around here and won't scare them off from the weight of packing something around.

As far as needing those for home defense, not the claim for us. They love the AR's and a Century c39v2. They're just fun to shoot. Needed something to bridge the gap to peak the interest.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Well that sucks... And I know the sheriffs office here in San Diego who started this wont back down. They don't really care what people think.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/court- ... li=BBnb7Kz
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:59 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Well that sucks... And I know the sheriffs office here in San Diego who started this wont back down. They don't really care what people think.

"California Solicitor General Edward DuMont countered that there was a long and rich tradition of restricting concealed weapons in cities and towns."

Long and rich tradition. Wow.

Going to get worse
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:19 pm

YiRox wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Well that sucks... And I know the sheriffs office here in San Diego who started this wont back down. They don't really care what people think.

"California Solicitor General Edward DuMont countered that there was a long and rich tradition of restricting concealed weapons in cities and towns."

Long and rich tradition. Wow.

Going to get worse

There's been many things that there was a long and rich tradition of that were not right. It's a logical fallacy and the court was duped by it.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:35 pm

YiRox wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:

Yeah they've necked down a 223 to 30 caliber. Just wanted something to gradually upgrade the thump. The boys were never interested in anything to do with hunting until I bought something that they've seen on a game. The old 30-30 just doesn't look cool enough. Figure I will eventually be able to get them into 308 or 30-06 for a time and then drop back into a 270 or a 243. That's more than enough for the deer and antelope around here and won't scare them off from the weight of packing something around.

As far as needing those for home defense, not the claim for us. They love the AR's and a Century c39v2. They're just fun to shoot. Needed something to bridge the gap to peak the interest.

I hear ya. Funny how it works today with the video game influence. I guess if it takes a boom stick to get them interested, that's cool. Like you said, practicality will kick in once they actually go out and have to heft it. My first deer rifle was 30-30 lever, then I graduated to my Dad's 257 Roberts, until I got my first 270. I started my boy out with my Granddad's 243. He now has that, my Dad's 257, and my first 270. He still likes the 257 for deer the best. Sucker is a straight shootin' mo fo.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:22 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:**Here is what I have learned about guns.

Rules about guns:
1. Treat every gun as if it is loaded all the time.
2. If you aren't sure the gun is loaded, it probably is.
3. Stupidity is not in short supply when guns are in the vicinity.
4. Never point a gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.
5. There is no such thing as an unloaded gun. Rule#1
6. I am not opposed to personal gun ownership, I am opposed to uninformed, under-educated, untrained, ignorant, idiotic, incompetent individuals owning them.
7. The 2nd Amendment says you have the right to bear arms, (See Larry the cable guy). Not to act like a complete nincompoop when you are using your gun.
8. Even when cleaning your gun follow rule #1. {Friend shot himself in the head with weapon he was cleaning}, he lived, but his capabilities are seriously reduced.
9. I think we should be licensed to carry a gun, with a requirement to pass a gun safety test, qualify with your chosen weapon and your license should be reviewed immediately for a gun related incident.
10. Background checks should be done for anyone looking to use an assault rifle for deer hunting (M-4 {M-16} AK-47) should not be used to hunt Bambi.

I know the west was not won with a registered gun, but since when are we in the Wild West? Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, Idaho, Utah (portions where there ain't no water), Nevada, Oregon & Washington state constitute the West last I checked, and only 1 of these has some really loose gun laws. You get two guesses and 1 doesn't count.
California is too busy worrying about the next el nino to worry about real gun laws.

If I didn't say it enough, Please follow rule #1 around ANY GUN.

Idiots and criminals will always get guns unfortunately....even if it's illegal for them to have them. Responsible people are rarely ever a problem

Sorry They get their guns from people who don't lock their guns up Sandy hook was that a criminal no and he got the guns from his responsible mother who was able to buy the guns in the first place. yes we need to protect ourselves but did she need that mush firepower. That's my problem only the police need that much firepower to protect you can hold the bad guys off with less until help gets to you. That would have saved at least 26 lives 12/14 /12.

I'm not saying you need an AK47 around the house, Hop. I'm just saying criminals will get guns whether it's from stealing them, getting them underground, or across the border just like drugs. And I said responsible people are usually not a problem....not idiots. And the Sandy hook kid and his Mom weren't responsible citizens. She bought him that gun he used because he wanted it just like she bought him everything else he wanted. Neither is the Affluenza kid or his Mom. Same scenario there except he killed people drunk in a car.

You have a 9MM but handguns kill more people than any other kind...right? I also have a .45 Kimber and a Sig .40 myself but when I'm not carrying them (yes I have a carry permit) I keep them locked up....just like my .270, .257 Weatherby...and the other 17 guns I happen to own.

I don't have a problem with guns don't get me wrong I have a problem with I do with gas operated 7.62x 39mm assault rifle in a mans bedroom in the corner and he says he needs it to keep his family safe. People say gang members have them and we need them to protect ourselves from them. That bull also Gang members kill other gang members most of the time drive by tuff wars and trust me we on this page most of us don't live near their tuff. I will never understand people who feel the need to own that much firepower. But I will defend your right to have them
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:10 am

Hoppy wrote: I don't have a problem with guns don't get me wrong I have a problem with I do with gas operated 7.62x 39mm assault rifle in a mans bedroom in the corner and he says he needs it to keep his family safe. People say gang members have them and we need them to protect ourselves from them. That bull also Gang members kill other gang members most of the time drive by tuff wars and trust me we on this page most of us don't live near their tuff. I will never understand people who feel the need to own that much firepower. But I will defend your right to have them

You're right, most will never need them and most probably hope as much also. I do know people back in CO that hunt with ARs. It's overkill in my opinion but it's their preference. As was mentioned by others, that usually changes over time as people have to carry the weapons through the brush and find they can get similar results with a lighter gun. I knew a guy that hunted deer with a .50 desert eagle. Guy didn't want to carry a rifle and the desert eagle could sit on his hip. Kind of stupid to me but his preference.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:22 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote: I don't have a problem with guns don't get me wrong I have a problem with I do with gas operated 7.62x 39mm assault rifle in a mans bedroom in the corner and he says he needs it to keep his family safe. People say gang members have them and we need them to protect ourselves from them. That bull also Gang members kill other gang members most of the time drive by tuff wars and trust me we on this page most of us don't live near their tuff. I will never understand people who feel the need to own that much firepower. But I will defend your right to have them

You're right, most will never need them and most probably hope as much also. I do know people back in CO that hunt with ARs. It's overkill in my opinion but it's their preference. As was mentioned by others, that usually changes over time as people have to carry the weapons through the brush and find they can get similar results with a lighter gun. I knew a guy that hunted deer with a .50 desert eagle. Guy didn't want to carry a rifle and the desert eagle could sit on his hip. Kind of stupid to me but his preference.

** See, that is that video game influence, people think because you have a howitzer in your favorite MPRPGFPS - Multi-Player Role Player Game First Person Shooter that it is okay to have "similar firepower" at home.

for the desert eagle guy, hunting deer with a personal cannon isn't much fun for the deer, I wonder if he would think about arming the animals similarly?

BTF - back to football, Nice we got Lynch signed, I do like the idea of Trevor learning the ropes and moving forward, wasn't comfortable with butt fumble being the presumptive starter.

There must be something that Kube's and 7 seen in #6 to give him so much support. I think they have the play book hooked to his IPAD and playing it in his ears all the time. Along with #7 whispering in his headset not to throw stupid interceptions.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:14 am

Well the Miller talks don't seem to be going good. Reports are that Miller may choose to sit the season so Denver can't put the exclusive rights tag on him next year. If he plays this season they could slap him with it again after next and the same the year after that. Pretty crummy situation for the player, the only option the player has is to hold out all year.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 7_21071374
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:15 am

Jarhead93 wrote:
for the desert eagle guy, hunting deer with a personal cannon isn't much fun for the deer, I wonder if he would think about arming the animals similarly?

lol, i guess it helps the deer a little in that he has to get closer. :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:45 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Well the Miller talks don't seem to be going good. Reports are that Miller may choose to sit the season so Denver can't put the exclusive rights tag on him next year. If he plays this season they could slap him with it again after next and the same the year after that. Pretty crummy situation for the player, the only option the player has is to hold out all year.

** For someone like Miller, sitting out will be really difficult, just like that year he put on extra weight, it wont help in the long run.
I understand the desire to get paid, but winning should outweigh that desire wouldn't you think?

Maybe we can cajole DeMarcus Ware to school his protege on what is really important. Is it $$$ or is it championships?

I believe he could get a straight answer from #18 if he was asked.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Well the Miller talks don't seem to be going good. Reports are that Miller may choose to sit the season so Denver can't put the exclusive rights tag on him next year. If he plays this season they could slap him with it again after next and the same the year after that. Pretty crummy situation for the player, the only option the player has is to hold out all year.

** For someone like Miller, sitting out will be really difficult, just like that year he put on extra weight, it wont help in the long run.
I understand the desire to get paid, but winning should outweigh that desire wouldn't you think?

Maybe we can cajole DeMarcus Ware to school his protege on what is really important. Is it $$$ or is it championships?

I believe he could get a straight answer from #18 if he was asked.

I have to agree with Von and his camp. I read a report where his camp was angry with Mr. Elway for putting it out on front street about the money 114 million but not the guarantees. They said it was making the fans think he was greedy by turning down the 114. They said they agreed with the amount but want another year guaranteed and they would have a deal. I myself would have to give it to him. If he sits out the year we can't tag him next and he becomes a FA. I wouldn't want him chasing my QB around twice a year and believe me the division will be bidding on him next season with the Raiders having money to spend also the Chargers. Pay the man John pay him
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Just saw this today. I'm guessing this may be the real deal folks.
https://www.facebook.com/DenverBroncos/ ... 170856318/
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:42 am

Hoppy wrote:

I don't have a problem with guns don't get me wrong I have a problem with I do with gas operated 7.62x 39mm assault rifle in a mans bedroom in the corner and he says he needs it to keep his family safe. People say gang members have them and we need them to protect ourselves from them. That bull also Gang members kill other gang members most of the time drive by tuff wars and trust me we on this page most of us don't live near their tuff. I will never understand people who feel the need to own that much firepower. But I will defend your right to have them

Agreed. Shooting in your house at a burgler would likely kill a neighbor in the process. I use a shotgun for home defense. It's hell on sheet rock but won't kill someone 3 doors down.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:30 am

IckyIPA wrote:Just saw this today. I'm guessing this may be the real deal folks.
https://www.facebook.com/DenverBroncos/ ... 170856318/

Yeah that's the real one. Looks awesome.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 am

Well we all have to send out our sympathy to the families that lost loved one in Orlando This weekend. I hate that this idiot could buy the weapons 2 weeks before and kill 49 people and send 53 others to the hospitals in a matter of minutes. This is why I will never understand why we don't ban weapons of war sold to anyone. Thank God the armor he tried to buy was not sold to him or more people would have been murdered.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:04 pm

Hoppy wrote:Well we all have to send out our sympathy to the families that lost loved one in Orlando This weekend. I hate that this idiot could buy the weapons 2 weeks before and kill 49 people and send 53 others to the hospitals in a matter of minutes. This is why I will never understand why we don't ban weapons of war sold to anyone. Thank God the armor he tried to buy was not sold to him or more people would have been murdered.

It's certainly a tragedy but guns aren't to blame and neither are the current laws. Don't take the responsibility of this in any way from the shooter. He had no regard for human life, no regard for laws and let radical teaching get into his head that turned him against innocent people. I have no doubt that if the United States banned these weapons we would not see a drop in these killings. Honestly, if criminals had to get these and other powerful guns through illegal means we may see more fully automatics used instead of the semis. I can't even begin to imagine how many people could be killed in a matter of seconds in a crowded area. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, not laws.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:27 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Well we all have to send out our sympathy to the families that lost loved one in Orlando This weekend. I hate that this idiot could buy the weapons 2 weeks before and kill 49 people and send 53 others to the hospitals in a matter of minutes. This is why I will never understand why we don't ban weapons of war sold to anyone. Thank God the armor he tried to buy was not sold to him or more people would have been murdered.

It's certainly a tragedy but guns aren't to blame and neither are the current laws. Don't take the responsibility of this in any way from the shooter. He had no regard for human life, no regard for laws and let radical teaching get into his head that turned him against innocent people. I have no doubt that if the United States banned these weapons we would not see a drop in these killings. Honestly, if criminals had to get these and other powerful guns through illegal means we may see more fully automatics used instead of the semis. I can't even begin to imagine how many people could be killed in a matter of seconds in a crowded area. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, not laws.

The sad part of all of this is, He was a Government checked Security Guard for a company that is Federally Contracted by Homeland Security. He had also been investigated more than once by the FBI for terrorist ties. Just another case of the lax enforcement of existing laws and lack of commitment by this Administration to protect Americans.This man being dropped off the watch list after a 10 month investigation, is in my eyes, no different than releasing felony convicted illegal immigrants back into our population. Hopefully our next administration will use more common sense, and less political correctness. Because this fool Obama is not protecting us, and goes out of his way, to protect and welcome. those that would do us harm.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:54 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:It's certainly a tragedy but guns aren't to blame and neither are the current laws. Don't take the responsibility of this in any way from the shooter. He had no regard for human life, no regard for laws and let radical teaching get into his head that turned him against innocent people. I have no doubt that if the United States banned these weapons we would not see a drop in these killings. Honestly, if criminals had to get these and other powerful guns through illegal means we may see more fully automatics used instead of the semis. I can't even begin to imagine how many people could be killed in a matter of seconds in a crowded area. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, not laws.

Choir says Amen
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:59 pm

YiRox wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:It's certainly a tragedy but guns aren't to blame and neither are the current laws. Don't take the responsibility of this in any way from the shooter. He had no regard for human life, no regard for laws and let radical teaching get into his head that turned him against innocent people. I have no doubt that if the United States banned these weapons we would not see a drop in these killings. Honestly, if criminals had to get these and other powerful guns through illegal means we may see more fully automatics used instead of the semis. I can't even begin to imagine how many people could be killed in a matter of seconds in a crowded area. The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, not laws.

Choir says Amen

** Before anyone gets the bright idea that if other people had been armed there would have been a greater possibility that the shooter could have been killed before so many lost their lives lets get 1 thing straight, more guns in a situation like this would not have made it any better.
there could have been more innocent people killed because everybody is trying to be a hero.

Heroes in this situation are those who tried their best to get out of the area without losing their own life in the process.
I have met Medal of Honor recipients whose thoughts were not on what can I do to become a hero, but how do I prevent the loss of more lives unnecessarily. Many of those that did receive their medals as a "real-life" hero didn't think their actions heroic at all.

In this case it is much better to be a survivor than hero.
Let the professionals take care of these madmen. When it is a foreign country and they are spreading violence & Intolerance, that is a job for our armed forces.
When people like this who have managed to "slip through the cracks" get passed the metal detectors and the X-ray machines there is a reason we seriously underpay our respective police forces.

You are right, more gun laws will not fix the problem, fixing the ability to get guns, background checks and some of the already instituted laws would be sufficient if we didn't have lenient judges and a ridiculous penal system. The real problem goes back to who we are voting for?

I encourage you to exercise that right this November and put someone in the office who espouses some "real ideas" and isn't so busy telling us how great they are or how much experience they have.

I don't like either of the 2 major candidates. One of them has had people killed, the other will get people killed, and it doesn't matter which way you apply the statement.

I'm sure there is some bobblehead out there saying what kind of new laws would have prevented this terrible tragedy. No new laws, just the ones we have in place, perhaps you might consider enforcing them? This guy was on the FBI watch list? That is where "enforcement" could have prevented a tragedy.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby YiRox » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Kicks, it's been a fun ride
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:21 pm

The body armor he was trying to buy wasn't sold to him as he had requested level 3 body armor which is just for Military. Even cops only have level 2 body armor. It wasn't that they wouldn't sell it to him...they couldn't sell it to anyone. I'm not sure why a civilian would need body armor anyway unless they were up to no good.

As far as the weapons he bought....the reason they had such a devastating effect is the high capacity clips he had. When you can shoot 30-50 rounds without reloading....any type of gun would cause massive casualties. My .257 Weatherby magnum is far more devastating the the AR-15/Bushmaster 7.62 Nato round.....I just can't shoot that many rounds consecutively without an extended high capacity clip. Two 9MM pistols with 30 round clips would have done as much damage and been more maneuverable. My point is the giant clips enable these dipshits to do that kind of carnage. If you are forced to reload all the time then people could easily bull rush them..... at least if it is adults they are firing on.

The bottom line is this individual shouldn't have been able to buy any weapon to begin with. The FBI already had investigated him. He should have had to talk to them again before being able to purchase a weapon. He was investigated for terrorist ties and making threats....that should be enough to put a hold on his background check.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)