AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby IckyIPA » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Hey Utah. I was just chatting with TJ, and he wants to be in the league again. I told him you already sent sign ups to existing members. He asked if you might send him again and let me know what address you send it too, so he can find it. Thanks buddy
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:30 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Hey Utah. I was just chatting with TJ, and he wants to be in the league again. I told him you already sent sign ups to existing members. He asked if you might send him again and let me know what address you send it too, so he can find it. Thanks buddy

No problem. I'll keep sending them and I'll let you know what address TJ's is unless he has it so I can't see his addy. Some people choose to keep their e-mail hidden from the commish.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:30 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Can someone please tell me how Chris Harris Jr. is only as low as 52 in the top 100 players when he hasn't given up a TD in 2 years?

I have to say, I was surprised he was voted so low by his peers. You would think his body of work would be undeniable. For there to be 6 CBs ranked higher than him among NFL player ballots, is a mystery beyond my comprehension. Some would say that I am just looking at it through Bronco goggles, but again, his numbers are undeniable. The only explanation I can come up with is, the majority of players are influenced more by the media hype, than the actual facts. Chris has always had to fight that up hill battle. Just the fact that he was an UDFA, shows us how much the pundits really know about things. His achievements are impossible to ignore, and him getting #52 can be looked at as him finally showing up on the radar. He is undoubtedly putting up HOF credentials, lets just hope that, when it's all said and done, all doubt will be erased. Good luck with that though, considering how little respect other greats have gotten coming out of this small market.

Denver and the surrounding communities are not a small market, at least not in my opinion, just small minded voters and such.
I have lived in Colorado off & on for over 40 years, if we are such a small market, why are all the Californians & Texans beating their feet to get here? and messing up our used to be reasonable traffic?
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Jarhead93 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:50 am

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'd like to introduce to you, Muhammad Ali, 3 time Heavyweight Champion Boxer, Activist, Raconteur, Roustabout, Relater of fabulous poetry, an artiste.

Welcome to heaven Champ, Rest in Peace

All hail the G O A T.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:05 pm

90 in 90 has started and I haven't been posting so here is a link to catch you up.
http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/6/4/ ... renzo-doss

Yes R.I.P. Ali a true Muslim not one of the not one of the fake ones who believe in murder.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Can someone please tell me how Chris Harris Jr. is only as low as 52 in the top 100 players when he hasn't given up a TD in 2 years?

I have to say, I was surprised he was voted so low by his peers. You would think his body of work would be undeniable. For there to be 6 CBs ranked higher than him among NFL player ballots, is a mystery beyond my comprehension. Some would say that I am just looking at it through Bronco goggles, but again, his numbers are undeniable. The only explanation I can come up with is, the majority of players are influenced more by the media hype, than the actual facts. Chris has always had to fight that up hill battle. Just the fact that he was an UDFA, shows us how much the pundits really know about things. His achievements are impossible to ignore, and him getting #52 can be looked at as him finally showing up on the radar. He is undoubtedly putting up HOF credentials, lets just hope that, when it's all said and done, all doubt will be erased. Good luck with that though, considering how little respect other greats have gotten coming out of this small market.

Denver and the surrounding communities are not a small market, at least not in my opinion, just small minded voters and such.
I have lived in Colorado off & on for over 40 years, if we are such a small market, why are all the Californians & Texans beating their feet to get here? and messing up our used to be reasonable traffic?

I lived in Colorado for 17 years growing up. Seems like everytime the Californians and Texans got to be too many God sent a mighty snow storm to cleanse the land and they went running back from whence they came lol
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:20 pm

Now I live in Cali :lol: never been to la though. San Diego is nice and kind of like a big Colorado Springs with no winter hahaha
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:49 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Now I live in Cali :lol: never been to la though. San Diego is nice and kind of like a big Colorado Springs with no winter hahaha

** Went to boot camp at MCRD San Diego, It is one of the few places in Ca that I can tolerate.
++ 2 grandkids, a couple nieces..

as far as LA is concerned, think Aspen, CO with more snooty people, higher prices, and still no snow.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:09 pm

Talib was shoot in the leg at a Dallas Club Saturday night damn that's two broncos in two weeks stay at home
http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Aq ... b-45652265
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:26 pm

https://t.co/5eFCdC8YGS
broncos statement on Talib
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:38 pm

word is Talib shot himself Plaxico got suspended 4 games for that
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:21 pm

watch the Broncos at the White House
https://www.facebook.com/DenverBroncos/ ... 923771318/
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Hoppy wrote:word is Talib shot himself Plaxico got suspended 4 games for that

He always has been a bit of a loose cannon. He could easily get suspended and possibly go to jail if that's true.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Reports also say he can't remember what happened because he was too drunk.....why in the hell are you armed in the first place when you're wasted? Besides being against the law it defies common sense. We need to stock up on DB's now....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:28 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:

He always has been a bit of a loose cannon. He could easily get suspended and possibly go to jail if that's true.

You would hope he had a permit to carry Plaxico was in NY and they have a law that gives you 2 years for being caught with a gun.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:29 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Reports also say he can't remember what happened because he was too drunk.....why in the hell are you armed in the first place when you're wasted? Besides being against the law it defies common sense. We need to stock up on DB's now....lol.

:up: :up:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:30 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aqi ... li=BBnb7Kz

He might have shot his career in the head......
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

You would hope he had a permit to carry Plaxico was in NY and they have a law that gives you 2 years for being caught with a gun.

Talib was in Texas with the loosest gun laws.....but if he lied to police?.......A problem in any event. The league will still suspend him 4 games no matter what Texas does because of precedent with Burress.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:34 pm

Like I said....we need more good DB's now.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:40 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Talib was in Texas with the loosest gun laws.....but if he lied to police?.......A problem in any event. The league will still suspend him 4 games no matter what Texas does because of precedent with Burress.

Roby better get ready This was Talib's last season with us anyway I do believe
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Roby better get ready This was Talib's last season with us anyway I do believe

Yep....
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:21 pm

**Here is what I have learned about guns.

Rules about guns:
1. Treat every gun as if it is loaded all the time.
2. If you aren't sure the gun is loaded, it probably is.
3. Stupidity is not in short supply when guns are in the vicinity.
4. Never point a gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.
5. There is no such thing as an unloaded gun. Rule#1
6. I am not opposed to personal gun ownership, I am opposed to uninformed, under-educated, untrained, ignorant, idiotic, incompetent individuals owning them.
7. The 2nd Amendment says you have the right to bear arms, (See Larry the cable guy). Not to act like a complete nincompoop when you are using your gun.
8. Even when cleaning your gun follow rule #1. {Friend shot himself in the head with weapon he was cleaning}, he lived, but his capabilities are seriously reduced.
9. I think we should be licensed to carry a gun, with a requirement to pass a gun safety test, qualify with your chosen weapon and your license should be reviewed immediately for a gun related incident.
10. Background checks should be done for anyone looking to use an assault rifle for deer hunting (M-4 {M-16} AK-47) should not be used to hunt Bambi.

I know the west was not won with a registered gun, but since when are we in the Wild West? Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, Idaho, Utah (portions where there ain't no water), Nevada, Oregon & Washington state constitute the West last I checked, and only 1 of these has some really loose gun laws. You get two guesses and 1 doesn't count.
California is too busy worrying about the next el nino to worry about real gun laws.

If I didn't say it enough, Please follow rule #1 around ANY GUN.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:11 am

Jarhead93 wrote:**Here is what I have learned about guns.

Rules about guns:
6. I am not opposed to personal gun ownership, I am opposed to uninformed, under-educated, untrained, ignorant, idiotic, incompetent individuals owning them.
7. The 2nd Amendment says you have the right to bear arms, (See Larry the cable guy). Not to act like a complete nincompoop when you are using your gun.
8. Even when cleaning your gun follow rule #1. {Friend shot himself in the head with weapon he was cleaning}, he lived, but his capabilities are seriously reduced.
9. I think we should be licensed to carry a gun, with a requirement to pass a gun safety test, qualify with your chosen weapon and your license should be reviewed immediately for a gun related incident.
10. Background checks should be done for anyone looking to use an assault rifle for deer hunting (M-4 {M-16} AK-47) should not be used to hunt Bambi.

I know the west was not won with a registered gun, but since when are we in the Wild West? Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, Idaho, Utah (portions where there ain't no water), Nevada, Oregon & Washington state constitute the West last I checked, and only 1 of these has some really loose gun laws. You get two guesses and 1 doesn't count.
California is too busy worrying about the next el nino to worry about real gun laws.

Idiots and criminals will always get guns unfortunately....even if it's illegal for them to have them. Responsible people are rarely ever a problem
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:50 am

When I was living in Colorado the gun laws were pretty loose. Open carry was allowed (which was just recently passed in Texas) and almost anyone could get a concealed carry. here in CA open carry is against the law and to get a concealed weapons permit you have to show a need for it. The answer of "somebody might attack me and I want to be able to defend myself" is not accepted. As someone who is trying to join the police department, I think that's crap. The police don't get called until something is already happening and a lot more can go down in the 5 or so minutes it takes the first officer to get there. People should have the right to defend themselves and having a gun and being properly trained to use it helps level the playing field for someone who couldn't defend themselves otherwise. Are there risks with owning a gun? Yes, but see jarheads rules and follow them and the risk go way down. Proper gun education is the answer, not outlawing them. Criminals are criminals because they break the law. They don't typically care which law it is and gun laws are certainly no exception. I say arm the responsible and law abiding citizens and give them a chance.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:53 am

Oh and toy guns are no exception to the rules either. It's ridiculous how many stupid kids wont put their toy down when cops arrive and get themselves shot. Cops don't care if the end is painted orange or not. Any idiot on the street can go buy orange spray paint and make a real gun look fake, as a result cops don't trust any of them. I can guarantee if a kid or anyone else ever pointed what appeared to be a toy gun at me I would take the situation seriously.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:49 am

I don't want to get into a big argument about guns but I have a problem with anyone owning any gun that only the men and women in the arm services should be carrying. Why do you need that much gun. The last few school shootings were by people who had assault weapons that the took from a family member and shoot up children. I own a 9m. I'm all for having a gun for protecting yourself. I just don't think you need a AK to stop a kid that breaks into your home. My 9 will do the job.
Sorry Springs I don't think you would shoot a kid and it not bother you afterwards. If so you don't belong on the force. Now I have found you to be a carrying man so if you tell us you could kill a kid like they killed that kid in Detroit Then I have misjudged you. That was murder
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:57 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:**Here is what I have learned about guns.

Rules about guns:

Idiots and criminals will always get guns unfortunately....even if it's illegal for them to have them. Responsible people are rarely ever a problem

Sorry They get their guns from people who don't lock their guns up Sandy hook was that a criminal no and he got the guns from his responsible mother who was able to buy the guns in the first place. yes we need to protect ourselves but did she need that mush firepower. That's my problem only the police need that much firepower to protect you can hold the bad guys off with less until help gets to you. That would have saved at least 26 lives 12/14 /12.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:33 pm

I hunt, I hunt a lot. So much so, that I consider it a craft. As a craftsman, I have specific tools for specific jobs.This means I own several fire arms. I don't want the Government or anyone else for that matter, trying to tell me what tools I can or can't have. For example, I use a .270 for deer, and a .300 Win. Mag. for Elk. I could use either one for both, but they each have their advantages, in specific scenarios. Someone telling me I only need one, is like telling a plumber he doesn't need a 10 inch pipe wrench if he has a 12 inch already. I also carry a side arm when I hunt, for too many reasons to list. I also shoot for sport and fun. I have several firearms that I use for entertainment, that can double for home and personal protection. I am of the mindset, that I hope I never need to use them for anything other than sport, but I will not put myself in a position that I may need to, and not be able to. I also am a firm believer in a well regulated and armed militia. I believe that the second amendment in that facet, is a necessary deterrent to an already too big for their britches American Government, and Global control entities like the United Nations. I am a responsible gun owner, and no one but me has access to them. That's just part of how I was raised. In my family, gun safety, use, maintenance, and responsibility, are a rite of passage into manhood (or maturity for girls), that you don't earn until you prove you can handle the responsibilities seriously. I personally think that is lacking in this world anymore. There are too many young men that enter into adulthood, without ever having to prove them self ready in any way. And it is obvious, many aren't prepared for any responsibility.
That's all I have to say about that!
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:31 pm

IckyIPA wrote:I hunt, I hunt a lot. So much so, that I consider it a craft. As a craftsman, I have specific tools for specific jobs.This means I own several fire arms. I don't want the Government or anyone else for that matter, trying to tell me what tools I can or can't have. For example, I use a .270 for deer, and a .300 Win. Mag. for Elk. I could use either one for both, but they each have their advantages, in specific scenarios. Someone telling me I only need one, is like telling a plumber he doesn't need a 10 inch pipe wrench if he has a 12 inch already. I also carry a side arm when I hunt, for too many reasons to list. I also shoot for sport and fun. I have several firearms that I use for entertainment, that can double for home and personal protection. I am of the mindset, that I hope I never need to use them for anything other than sport, but I will not put myself in a position that I may need to, and not be able to. I also am a firm believer in a well regulated and armed militia. I believe that the second amendment in that facet, is a necessary deterrent to an already too big for their britches American Government, and Global control entities like the United Nations. I am a responsible gun owner, and no one but me has access to them. That's just part of how I was raised. In my family, gun safety, use, maintenance, and responsibility, are a rite of passage into manhood (or maturity for girls), that you don't earn until you prove you can handle the responsibilities seriously. I personally think that is lacking in this world anymore. There are too many young men that enter into adulthood, without ever having to prove them self ready in any way. And it is obvious, many aren't prepared for any responsibility.
That's all I have to say about that!

**I agree. I am also of the opinion that young men when they reach the age of 18 should spend at least 2 years in the armed forces.
The comraderie and discipline are irreplaceable. You would not see nearly as many with the saggy, baggy draggy pants look.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:33 pm

I guess Sanchez is the starter for now as he took reps with the first unit today Siemian with the 2's and Lynch with the 3's. Kubiak said that will be the plan throughout Minicamp
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)