AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:03 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-gary-kubiak-preparing-to-resign-as-head-coach-of-the-broncos/ar-BBxLygU?li=BBnba9I

Kubiak resignation rumors.....

Yep...

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/01/ga ... r-broncos/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:27 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-gary-kubiak-preparing-to-resign-as-head-coach-of-the-broncos/ar-BBxLygU?li=BBnba9I

Kubiak resignation rumors.....

I'm glad that he will resigned so his good friend doesn't have to fire him. It was going to come one way or another. Kubiak just couldn't put that emotion in that a team needs from it's head coach. Health reasons kept him from doing it. These players need that emotion to motivate them to the next level. Talk radio here people are saying bring in Rex two time loser Ryan. I hope John Jim Harbaugh who said he doesn't want to coach anywhere but Michigan can be coaxed back into the NFL with a good team. He could make all the difference with his offense. Lynch would be a better QB in the read then would Siemian but at this point who wouldn't be a better QB in any scheme then Siemian ;) . Have a great day hope the Raiders win and we get the # 16 pick in the draft. better than us winning and getting the # 20th.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Happy New Years Everyone!!! Hope your Holidays were great. It is my wish that your 2017 is full of happiness, health and wealth.

I’ve been on the road a lot. Haven’t really been able to watch but a few minutes of games here and there. Our offense has been truly offensive. I’m hoping for some HUGE changes for next year. I’m not really too disappointed. Still on a bit of a high when the team won the Superbowl last year. 3 in all has been more than I thought I would see after the horrific 80’s.

I’m hoping the Raiders win today. I would rather see them in the #2 slot than the Chiefs. Plus, I said after the first few weeks of this season that I thought the Raiders were the second best team in the AFC. I believe a few here scoffed at that. I am hoping we are more competitive this next season. I could watch the game today but I don’t think I will. I want the Raiders to win but I sure don’t want to watch it happen. It wouldn’t be a stretch to see the Patriots (ick) and the Cowboys in the Superbowl. If that is the case, then I will be a Cowboy fan for the day.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:35 pm

If it's between the Pats and Dallas I will be a Cowturd fan for a day...(I just puked in my mouth a little).

Denver roughed up the Raiders today. Fitting since Kubiak is resigning probably tomorrow.

Denver will be back next year. We have an excellent defense and just need a few critical pieces on offense. To be honest I didn't think Denver would do as good as they did this year.

That Simmons kid at safety is going to be a stud.

Happy New Year!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Oh...and congrats to Icky for winning the pickem this year. I think I'm mathematically out now.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:52 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Oh...and congrats to Icky for winning the pickem this year. I think I'm mathematically out now.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it goes through the play-offs. Besides, you passed me back up today. Looks like a shoot-out til the end buddy.
Happy New Year everybody, nice to start it with a win over the Raiders, now on to finding a new coach. Thank you for all you did Kubes, but it was time for us to update our game. I just hope the new guy makes sure to re-sign Wade.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:24 am

with the 20th pick in the 2017 draft the Denver Broncos pick may as well start now fellas.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1350& ... wQvgUIGCgB
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:13 am

Well Kubiak is done. Sad to see him go but his family and health are more important that football. Next year will be better and we have some money to fix the o-line. Defense will still be good. Somebody already mentioned it but Simmons is turning out really nice, the kid can play. I saw him crank the speed up to 11 after a cut on that return and for a second it looked like everyone else was moving in slow motion. I agree that the Raiders are a good team, but without Carr they are probably one of the worse teams in the playoffs now. We will see but I doubt they go far. Just have to hope that someone goes into Arrowhead and knocks off the chiefs.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:45 am

Pickem goes through to the Superbowl. Make sure you keep picking.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:03 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Well Kubiak is done. Sad to see him go but his family and health are more important that football. Next year will be better and we have some money to fix the o-line. Defense will still be good. Somebody already mentioned it but Simmons is turning out really nice, the kid can play. I saw him crank the speed up to 11 after a cut on that return and for a second it looked like everyone else was moving in slow motion. I agree that the Raiders are a good team, but without Carr they are probably one of the worse teams in the playoffs now. We will see but I doubt they go far. Just have to hope that someone goes into Arrowhead and knocks off the chiefs.

I'd like to see the Giants and the Pats. I loved their previous 2 Super Bowls...lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:38 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Well Kubiak is done. Sad to see him go but his family and health are more important that football. Next year will be better and we have some money to fix the o-line. Defense will still be good. Somebody already mentioned it but Simmons is turning out really nice, the kid can play. I saw him crank the speed up to 11 after a cut on that return and for a second it looked like everyone else was moving in slow motion. I agree that the Raiders are a good team, but without Carr they are probably one of the worse teams in the playoffs now. We will see but I doubt they go far. Just have to hope that someone goes into Arrowhead and knocks off the chiefs.

I'd like to see the Giants and the Pats. I loved their previous 2 Super Bowls...lol.

True, the outcome of those was nice. Can NY pull a hat-trick on the Pats in the Super Bowl? :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 pm

And so it begins...

Kyle Shanahan is interviewing with Denver
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 7_22855180
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Do we have Forsett in the fold for next year or was his deal just for this season? I liked having him as a veteran presence among the backs. Would be nice to have him back if he's cheap enough.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:52 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Do we have Forsett in the fold for next year or was his deal just for this season? I liked having him as a veteran presence among the backs. Would be nice to have him back if he's cheap enough.

Forsett is a free agent after this season. I think Denver could sign him reasonably priced though.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:24 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Do we have Forsett in the fold for next year or was his deal just for this season? I liked having him as a veteran presence among the backs. Would be nice to have him back if he's cheap enough.

don't judge him on his hard running when he came here. It was late in the year and he had fresh legs. he played in 5 game and ran the ball only 50 times and 43 times with us. There had to be a reason he was cut 2 times this season. Are there that many back better then he is on all the teams. next will we be running this system next season. if Shanahan is coach maybe so but do you remember that Elway and Mike don't like each other. Johnson will not run this offense so there will be changes made. Woody Paige said that Elway asked Kubiak to fire his Offensive coaches and Gary said he would quit before he did that. This all came out the day after Elway told the press that there will be big changes. Kubiak is so loyal that he would quit before he fired Dennison a long time coaching friend. Then John told Kub to play Lynch and Kub refused to. Just the rumor mill guess we'll never know if any of this is true.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Hoppy wrote:

don't judge him on his hard running when he came here. It was late in the year and he had fresh legs. he played in 5 game and ran the ball only 50 times and 43 times with us. There had to be a reason he was cut 2 times this season. Are there that many back better then he is on all the teams. next will we be running this system next season. if Shanahan is coach maybe so but do you remember that Elway and Mike don't like each other. Johnson will not run this offense so there will be changes made. Woody Paige said that Elway asked Kubiak to fire his Offensive coaches and Gary said he would quit before he did that. This all came out the day after Elway told the press that there will be big changes. Kubiak is so loyal that he would quit before he fired Dennison a long time coaching friend. Then John told Kub to play Lynch and Kub refused to. Just the rumor mill guess we'll never know if any of this is true.

Just a note on one thing, Hoppy, it's Reeves and Elway that don't like each other. Elway and Shanny's families are as tight as they get. All their kids grew up together, were in each others weddings, and vacationed together. I actually have first hand knowledge of this. My Cousin and her family are also part of that group. Kyle Shannahan would babysit her daughters when the parents all went out together.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:12 am

I know the Elway Reeves relationship has been sour for a long time. I thought I read that Elway and Mike were sort of on the outs too though. Hard to tell when all you can do is read an article from someone who doesn't even personally know the group though and there are no quotes from either relevant party. Kyle accepted the invitation so I assume that the relationship between the two families isn't that bad, if it's bad at all.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:36 am

Vance Joseph supposedly in the lead before any interviews have started. Not a big surprise there given how Denver considered him before. I'm sure Kyle Shanahan is a close second. Whoever they get I hope they keep Wade Phillips. The guy has really gotten great production from an amazing defense despite them never getting any rest.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 7_22870846
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:34 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Vance Joseph supposedly in the lead before any interviews have started. Not a big surprise there given how Denver considered him before. I'm sure Kyle Shanahan is a close second. Whoever they get I hope they keep Wade Phillips. The guy has really gotten great production from an amazing defense despite them never getting any rest.

We need to keep Phillips if at all possible.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Vance Joseph may very well be the guy we go with. A lot depends on what Irsay does with Pagano and the Colts. Even if Elway prefers Shanny,if Pagano is gone, Shannahan may opt to go to Indy, with Andrew Luck sitting there on the table.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:14 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I know the Elway Reeves relationship has been sour for a long time. I thought I read that Elway and Mike were sort of on the outs too though. Hard to tell when all you can do is read an article from someone who doesn't even personally know the group though and there are no quotes from either relevant party. Kyle accepted the invitation so I assume that the relationship between the two families isn't that bad, if it's bad at all.

here is an article that says they are on the outs
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 9868,d.cGc
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:17 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Vance Joseph supposedly in the lead before any interviews have started. Not a big surprise there given how Denver considered him before. I'm sure Kyle Shanahan is a close second. Whoever they get I hope they keep Wade Phillips. The guy has really gotten great production from an amazing defense despite them never getting any rest.

We need to keep Phillips if at all possible.

I agree I read where Wade taught Joseph or something like that I think the writer said Joseph grew up with Phillips so wade would stay. Elway likes the defense so I'm sure wade would be part of the deal. at least I hope he is.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:51 pm

we have a good team defensively but need work on the offense. Elway just said last night he didn't think QB was one of this teams needs . He likes the two young men we have and they compete. Is that a smoke screen or what? anyways we have a great defense. I don't see Talib coming back next season but Roby is playing well. There are three teams that are looking for Head coaches. The rams who have a young QB with the first pick of the draft taped to his back great potential. They also have a good defense. an offensive minded coach will like that in a team and I see Shanahan looking there.LA is nice and it will give him a chance to make the Shanahan name good in LA. The Bills are another team only with an average offensive side of the ball and a defensive side that could be good. I'm not sure but Joseph may find himself there only if he doesn't get his first choice The Broncos.
Then you got the jags who interviewed Tom Coughlin already. Is that saying Coughlin wants to coach again. Elway has said he wants a young coach but would he take a Coughlin I hope he doesn't. Jon Gruden is barking like he wants back in but I think he only wants to go to LA. I don't like the old raider coach he never says anything nice about our team. I'm not sure why they are talking about Pete Carrol with the LA job or Jim Harbaugh who by the way is my first choice if you can get him out of school. Just a few names that are being kicked about. It all Starts Friday or Saturday with Shanahan coming in for an interview and dinner at Elways. Go get us a coach with a fire in him to go win.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:11 am

Hoppy wrote:we have a good team defensively but need work on the offense. Elway just said last night he didn't think QB was one of this teams needs . He likes the two young men we have and they compete. Is that a smoke screen or what? anyways we have a great defense. I don't see Talib coming back next season but Roby is playing well. There are three teams that are looking for Head coaches. The rams who have a young QB with the first pick of the draft taped to his back great potential. They also have a good defense. an offensive minded coach will like that in a team and I see Shanahan looking there.LA is nice and it will give him a chance to make the Shanahan name good in LA. The Bills are another team only with an average offensive side of the ball and a defensive side that could be good. I'm not sure but Joseph may find himself there only if he doesn't get his first choice The Broncos.
Then you got the jags who interviewed Tom Coughlin already. Is that saying Coughlin wants to coach again. Elway has said he wants a young coach but would he take a Coughlin I hope he doesn't. Jon Gruden is barking like he wants back in but I think he only wants to go to LA. I don't like the old raider coach he never says anything nice about our team. I'm not sure why they are talking about Pete Carrol with the LA job or Jim Harbaugh who by the way is my first choice if you can get him out of school. Just a few names that are being kicked about. It all Starts Friday or Saturday with Shanahan coming in for an interview and dinner at Elways. Go get us a coach with a fire in him to go win.

I don't want Coughlin. He is honestly the only one that I have a strong opinion about. Dude is older than dirt and looks it. We need someone who can be here a while and bring some stability. I would be happy with either Vance Joseph or Kyle Shanahan. I think those are the only two that really have a chance.

Talk here in San Diego is that Wade Phillips is a possible choice for HC at the Chargers. I seriously doubt that he will HC there or anywhere else. I don't think he wants that. I think he's perfectly happy being DC and taking the more limited role that entails at this point in his career.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:39 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:we have a good team defensively but need work on the offense. Elway just said last night he didn't think QB was one of this teams needs . He likes the two young men we have and they compete. Is that a smoke screen or what? anyways we have a great defense. I don't see Talib coming back next season but Roby is playing well. There are three teams that are looking for Head coaches. The rams who have a young QB with the first pick of the draft taped to his back great potential. They also have a good defense. an offensive minded coach will like that in a team and I see Shanahan looking there.LA is nice and it will give him a chance to make the Shanahan name good in LA. The Bills are another team only with an average offensive side of the ball and a defensive side that could be good. I'm not sure but Joseph may find himself there only if he doesn't get his first choice The Broncos.

I don't want Coughlin. He is honestly the only one that I have a strong opinion about. Dude is older than dirt and looks it. We need someone who can be here a while and bring some stability. I would be happy with either Vance Joseph or Kyle Shanahan. I think those are the only two that really have a chance.

Talk here in San Diego is that Wade Phillips is a possible choice for HC at the Chargers. I seriously doubt that he will HC there or anywhere else. I don't think he wants that. I think he's perfectly happy being DC and taking the more limited role that entails at this point in hi s career.

** I agree with Springs, I think Wade is perfectly happy being a DC, in fact he said so himself when he took the job, "I'm a lousy Head Coach" but, a good Defensive Coordinator" or something to that effect
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:39 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/04/what-denver-broncos-players-will-be-free-agents-in-2017/

Denver's unrestricted free agents.

Some big names on that list. Vance Walker will be nice to have back. Losing him made the loss of Malik worse. Ware and Miller are buddies and while I understand it's business in the NFL, I think Miller will make a case to keep his Mentor around. Kayvon Webster is another player we should keep, along with Dekoda Watson and Justin Forsett if possible for cheap. Williams i can take or leave, sometimes he plays great, others he's invisible. Brown, Winn, Norwood and Gafford can all walk. We can find replacements for them that may be better for a similar price.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:40 am

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 am

Chriss Harris Jr. #1 CB in the league this year :up: Him and Talib the #1 duo with talib tied for #2. Not bad considering roby is coming up behind them as well. I know Talib has his issues both on and off the field, but I'd like to keep him around. I'm not sure if we will be able to afford Harris the next time his contract is up, but I don't see Talib's market value raising that much. Roby should be ours longer as long as we can keep him at #3 and a little off the radar of other teams.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/01 ... r-broncos/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:59 am

Not only no but hell no!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)