AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:If Miami wins on Sat. We are out of the playoffs. So The game on Sunday will mean nothing

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/nfl-p ... 05637.html

According to this Miami clinches if they win and we lose to the Chiefs. Otherwise they clinch if they win out.

You really think this team can go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs. I don't you may have to score then 3 points

Chances are slim. But who knows, maybe now they have a fire lit under their asses? I would hate to finish this season on a 4 game skid. It's hard to win though when you score fewer and fewer points every week. We peaked at week 2 and have gone progressively down since then.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:He's turned out to be a 37 million guaranteed dollar disaster. We dodged a huge bullet letting him walk.

Yeah no joke.

He's is overpaid but he's better then anyone on our roster right now. We have our problems and would be better with him. He knows this team and the receivers and I'm sure we would be better then 8-8 or 9-7. No we couldn't win the big one but he wouldn't have to be the savior here and wouldn't have the pressure he has there.

I disagree. Look at his stats with the Broncos and look at them this year. Similar except he has more interceptions this year. We have a salary cap Hop. Who do you pay?....Von, Sanders and others...or Oz? It all comes down to numbers and Oz isn't worth 8 million a year much less 18.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:If Miami wins on Sat. We are out of the playoffs. So The game on Sunday will mean nothing

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/nfl-p ... 05637.html

According to this Miami clinches if they win and we lose to the Chiefs. Otherwise they clinch if they win out.

You really think this team can go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs. I don't you may have to score then 3 points

No...but you said if Miami wins we have nothing to play for Sunday....we do.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:57 pm

And this year is different...different offensive line....different tight ends....plus CJ going down didn't help. Oz would have done no better in Denver than Seimian and he costs 500k instead of 18 million. The biggest difference is we don't have Manning and his leadership and coaching. He was a shell of his former self last year but Manning brought much more else to the team.And 2 of our losses this year are because of Kubiak and his play calling. Oz is a bust and never was much of anything else.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:06 am

http://pfref.com/tiny/XyYMS

Can't embed the table so it's tiny url time

Not even close. Based on a better situation with the running game and OL Oz has sucked ass this year. Net yards per attempt and INT's are near the bottom. He still has issues with his footwork, release, and reading the D. While I don't believe Siemian is the answer, he's been a better player this year.

Oz's season has been a lot like the Charger game from last year. Some of the problems were his but not all of them but as soon as he left the game, we started playing better. It's more the obvious that Trevor has a more cerebral approach to the game and seems to don't get too bothered by the game.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby YiRox » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:10 am

And yes, I believe Denver will go into Narrowhead and win. Been since 2000 that Chorfs have swept Denver, not happening this year either.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby Hoppy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:47 pm

Sorry Guys I still am not convinced the team can beat the Chiefs. This is a weak offensive line no matter what Schofield sayshttp://www.milehighreport.com/2016/ ... ood-enough

I think it is the team and the coaches who all have a ring and some of them don't have the fire they had last season. Sure say it's the Manning affect I'm not saying it isn't what ever it is they suck on offense and the defense knows it. Miami will win Denver will lose even if Miami doesn't win the ravens and the steelers have better records. the Ravens could come away with a loss and the will be 8-7 In the end the way our team is playing our next win will be sometime next season. Just remember what's said about Brock he will have a better year once he knows his receivers. It will take him this season to get use to them and them him. Siemian Sucks Lynch can't beat him out what's that say. Bring on another QB for next season or make Siemian practice throwing to the right only. He hung DT out to dry the last play of the game. again remember how B.Griese got easy ed hurt. Wasn't it his pass the was picked that TD got hurt on making a tackle ended both careers. Yes they came back but weren't the same.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:30 pm

** I don't see this team beating KC at home.
Based on the simple fact we cannot get 1st downs. SAD, really sad, the defense looked like they came to play, we did get inside the red zone once and then promptly gave the Patsies the ball and tommy terrible walked right down the field and scored. SAD, really sad. WE GAVE THEM 10 of their 16 points FCOL.

I see 8 & *8 and not involved in playoff picture.
Dear #7 can you please buy us an offensive line that is not so offensive? I've seen collapsed traffic cones doing a better job of guiding traffic.
Oh wait, that is our offensive line?

Shanny jr. is going to get HC looks from Jags & Rams before staying an OC for whomever.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:11 pm

YiRox wrote:And yes, I believe Denver will go into Narrowhead and win. Been since 2000 that Chorfs have swept Denver, not happening this year either.

I hope you're right and I will be pulling for them. But I'm glad EX isn't around. We would never hear the end of this season if the chiefs beat us which I think they will
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Merry Christmas Fellas....Hope all is well........It's been a good year for the Raiders :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Hoppy....I hope Tyler got you a Raider ornament for the tree this year. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Peace and GoodHealth bro
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:37 pm

Merry CHRISTmas to all my Broncs brethren.

Have a great weekend and may God bless.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Merry Christmas!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:29 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Is it me or did anyone else feel the Defense just didn't play in the first half. I didn't expect a win but I didn't see that coming. What a way to get sent home for the playoffs. I will have to say congrats to the Raider Fans. You had a great year. 13-3 is a great season. depending on what Elway does over the off season I will say we will get you and KC back next season. I'm looking at a change in QB's and maybe a Head Coach. Kubiak has made his mistakes this season. But I don't think he wants to keep coaching. The Defense is good may need a nose and another D-End. but The offense needs work. QB will be a start Romo anyone he looks good to me now. I think he will come cheap if he wants an O-line to keep him standing.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Hoppy wrote:Is it me or did anyone else feel the Defense just didn't play in the first half. I didn't expect a win but I didn't see that coming. What a way to get sent home for the playoffs. I will have to say congrats to the Raider Fans. You had a great year. 13-3 is a great season. depending on what Elway does over the off season I will say we will get you and KC back next season. I'm looking at a change in QB's and maybe a Head Coach. Kubiak has made his mistakes this season. But I don't think he wants to keep coaching. The Defense is good may need a nose and another D-End. but The offense needs work. QB will be a start Romo anyone he looks good to me now. I think he will come cheap if he wants an O-line to keep him standing.

** I got to the game late, (on TV) when I saw the score was 21 / 7 I sorta figured it was a wash. They sure didn't play like they wanted to win. I agree with the talking heads that said that 1st KC loss really got into their heads and they couldn't shake it. Since we are not involved in the playoffs I think #7 will do some real soul searching. I think we will look into a QB, I think Pax isn't ready and they may play him against the Raiders wk#17.

I don't think Trevor is the answer, he is much too conservative and Rick Dennison is not a good OC. If your offense isn't on the field I don't care how explosive "it could be" so are hand grenades, but at least they are a 50% option, 50% of the time you will get your hand blown off.

It is really obvious we need a run game. #71 cost us too many false starts, what is up with that?

Still a fan, but really disappointed.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:09 am

Hoppy wrote:Is it me or did anyone else feel the Defense just didn't play in the first half. I didn't expect a win but I didn't see that coming. What a way to get sent home for the playoffs. I will have to say congrats to the Raider Fans. You had a great year. 13-3 is a great season. depending on what Elway does over the off season I will say we will get you and KC back next season. I'm looking at a change in QB's and maybe a Head Coach. Kubiak has made his mistakes this season. But I don't think he wants to keep coaching. The Defense is good may need a nose and another D-End. but The offense needs work. QB will be a start Romo anyone he looks good to me now. I think he will come cheap if he wants an O-line to keep him standing.

I'd welcome Romo if he came at the right price. That way we could keep bringing Lynch along with some veteran leadership before he gets tossed in the fire.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:14 am

Jarhead93 wrote:

** I got to the game late, (on TV) when I saw the score was 21 / 7 I sorta figured it was a wash. They sure didn't play like they wanted to win. I agree with the talking heads that said that 1st KC loss really got into their heads and they couldn't shake it. Since we are not involved in the playoffs I think #7 will do some real soul searching. I think we will look into a QB, I think Pax isn't ready and they may play him against the Raiders wk#17.

I don't think Trevor is the answer, he is much too conservative and Rick Dennison is not a good OC. If your offense isn't on the field I don't care how explosive "it could be" so are hand grenades, but at least they are a 50% option, 50% of the time you will get your hand blown off.

It is really obvious we need a run game. #71 cost us too many false starts, what is up with that?

Still a fan, but really disappointed.

I'm disappointed too but had a pretty realistic look at the start of the season. I thought we'd struggle some. The problem is we still don't have a lot of free cap money next year so it make a couple of years to get back to where we were. That and KC and the Raiders are tough teams and don't look to be dropping off in the immediate future.

I hate to say this but I'm a bit relieved we didn't make the playoffs as the way we're playing now we'd get embarrassed in the post season.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:16 am

I also think Kubiak and Dennison need to go. Kubiak just isn't into it anymore and Dennison just isn't that good in my opinion.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:15 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I also think Kubiak and Dennison need to go. Kubiak just isn't into it anymore and Dennison just isn't that good in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more. Wasn't Dennison a Linebacker? seems he be better at the position he played not as a OC.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:04 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I also think Kubiak and Dennison need to go. Kubiak just isn't into it anymore and Dennison just isn't that good in my opinion.

**I agree, I don't see the fire or the preparation that needs to be there when you are playing. I watched that Steven A. Smith piece about Kubiak inheriting John Fox's Super Bowl quality team and all he had to do was not screw it up. I dont always agree with Mr. Smith, but in this instance I do.

Kube's is here because his old roomy is the boss and there were some nice feelings and such. If #7 really wants to win another championship, then a phone call to Chucky is in order.

Either him or Coach Cowher.

I don't think Coughlin has the stones anymore, and Rex is done, I could deal with Harbaugh if he was available, I suspect he will be wearing Jax colors next year.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Just for the record, I think Kubes and Elway will agree that it's time for Kubes to hang 'em up, due to "health concerns". I'm pretty sure that Kyle Shannahan has already been offered and accepted the job, behind the scenes. If that's the case, we are only a couple of O-lineman and D-lineman away from getting back on top. I think with the right coaching and inspiration, we have all the offensive weapons we need. That is my official closing statement to this most dismal season.
On another note, it was fun to play out the fantasy league, even though half the teams were ghosts. Had Standard and NEB actually played, they very well could have won it this year, with how the Auto-Draft panned out. For those that care, I was able to hold off R8der Rich in the final, and salvage some Bronco pride this year. NEB took 4th, without making a roster move or adjustment all season.
In our Pick'em league here, I finally caught Utah, after nipping at his heels for the past 10 weeks. The outcome is still far from settled though. We still have this week and all of the play-off weeks, including the Superbowl to go, with all but 1 team still in the running. Good luck down the stretch Gents :up: :D :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:17 pm

With 40 million the team could make waves in Free agency this offseason. That is just cap space. Cut some of the dead weight and aging players we have more money to play with. http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/12/2 ... -offseason
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:08 am

Hoppy wrote:John Elway says shakeup coming
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Jo ... r-50072301

I hope it's a big one.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:30 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Just for the record, I think Kubes and Elway will agree that it's time for Kubes to hang 'em up, due to "health concerns". I'm pretty sure that Kyle Shannahan has already been offered and accepted the job, behind the scenes. If that's the case, we are only a couple of O-lineman and D-lineman away from getting back on top. I think with the right coaching and inspiration, we have all the offensive weapons we need. That is my official closing statement to this most dismal season.
On another note, it was fun to play out the fantasy league, even though half the teams were ghosts. Had Standard and NEB actually played, they very well could have won it this year, with how the Auto-Draft panned out. For those that care, I was able to hold off R8der Rich in the final, and salvage some Bronco pride this year. NEB took 4th, without making a roster move or adjustment all season.
In our Pick'em league here, I finally caught Utah, after nipping at his heels for the past 10 weeks. The outcome is still far from settled though. We still have this week and all of the play-off weeks, including the Superbowl to go, with all but 1 team still in the running. Good luck down the stretch Gents :up: :D :up:

Congrats and Good luck! With my success at picks this year I'm surprised I'm not in last!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:28 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:00 pm

WISHING EVERYONE A HOPPY NEW YEAR :D
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:08 am

Hoppy wrote:WISHING EVERYONE A HOPPY NEW YEAR :D

**Police Snobby Dog, 2 Sparrows and a policing dog!

translation: Feliz Navidad, Prospero Ano y felicidad! = Merry Christmas & Happy and Prosperous New Year!

and may all your Sundays be ORANGE!
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)