AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby YiRox » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:46 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:wow, how long has it been since we lost 3 division games in a season? and with 2 more to play. Things aren't looking good for Denver this year, if we make it into the playoffs it will be really close. I would like to see the offense be more consistent. The defense gets no rest and is worn by the second half.

Lost 3 in 2011 so it's time. NFL has what they are after with the parity. OAK, SD, and KC have better run organizations than NJY, BUF, and MIA so the Patriots have been gifted an easy way to so many consecutive division titles. Other than that no other division has been on a run that Denver has. As Ute said it's a transition year.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:49 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/11/30/denver-broncos-offensive-tackles-worst-in-nfl-sambrailo-stephenson/

I kinda have to agree with this.

The o-line has been an issue since Manning was QB. Manning just got rid of the ball in a flash. It has gone season after season with no improvement, just new bad pieces.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:01 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/11/30/denver-broncos-offensive-tackles-worst-in-nfl-sambrailo-stephenson/

The o-line has been an issue since Manning was QB. Manning just got rid of the ball in a flash. It has gone season after season with no improvement, just new bad pieces.

We won't have a Peyton Manning type in the near future (or ever) so they need to fix the o-line.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:48 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

We won't have a Peyton Manning type in the near future (or ever) so they need to fix the o-line.

Agreed, even if we did have another Manning we would need to fix the o-line.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:50 am

Congratulations in advance to Tom Terrific to winning his 201st game

thppplet **

wow, that was hard to do, I am NOT a cry br*dy fan. But I do recognize talent. Totally impressed by Raiders this year.
I know, but again, I recognize talent. "A fan of the game" but first and foremost, I am a dyed in the orange broncomanic.

Here's to the future of the franchise "Lynch mob" :up:
1st round draft pick contenders AGAIN - Cleveland Browns, Better a broken Tony Romo than the potential rookie "Phenoms"

Merry Christmas in advance gang!

SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:07 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 am

Hey Utah,
If you see this before game time, you may want to check your FF roster. It looks like your kicker might be out. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:25 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Hey Utah,
If you see this before game time, you may want to check your FF roster. It looks like your kicker might be out. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

OOPS...Oh well. I've been out of town so I didn't notice.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:06 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:57 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/03/malik-jackson-jacksonville-jaguars-denver-broncos-revenge/

Interesting....

Yeah I don't buy that he would have excepted an offer during the season last year. Broncos tried to work with him before the season and got nowhere. That's probably why Elway didn't make a big push for him after the season was over. The pattern here seems to be that Elway locks these guys up a year in advance. If you don't take that offer, you're too late because he has already signed up someone else to an extension and the money is gone. Brock was a little different case since he hadn't seen much play until his final season. Malik took the money, that's all he really wanted since he has the ring.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:34 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:

Turns out that he hurt himself Saturday afternoon, and they didn't scratch him til Sunday morning. I hate winning that way, and was just trying to do the right thing.

IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:17 pm

Hoppy wrote:broncos claim running back
http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/12/5 ... ff-waivers

Interesting...
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:08 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/03/malik-jackson-jacksonville-jaguars-denver-broncos-revenge/

Interesting....

Yeah I don't buy that he would have excepted an offer during the season last year. Broncos tried to work with him before the season and got nowhere. That's probably why Elway didn't make a big push for him after the season was over. The pattern here seems to be that Elway locks these guys up a year in advance. If you don't take that offer, you're too late because he has already signed up someone else to an extension and the money is gone. Brock was a little different case since he hadn't seen much play until his final season. Malik took the money, that's all he really wanted since he has the ring.

Agreed. Sour grapes after the fact. He isn't near as good without Von, Ware and Wolf on the same defense.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:10 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:broncos claim running back
http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/12/5 ... ff-waivers

Interesting...

I read yesterday they were going to pick him up. Can't hurt as we can't run against anyone right now.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:11 am

IckyIPA wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Turns out that he hurt himself Saturday afternoon, and they didn't scratch him til Sunday morning. I hate winning that way, and was just trying to do the right thing.

I appreciate the gesture but it's only for fun anyway. You'd still have beat me with him.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:29 am

And Bibbs goes to IR to make room for Forsett...
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denv ... rve-120516
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:59 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

I appreciate the gesture but it's only for fun anyway. You'd still have beat me with him.

Lol, I'm losing in pickem so I never remind anyone to make their picks :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:11 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Lol, I'm losing in pickem so I never remind anyone to make their picks :lol:

It's been a dog fight... Thanks again for putting it on Springs. It's been a fun year.
Utah, I'm staying right there behind ya buddy... :twisted:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:25 pm

IckyIPA wrote: It's been a dog fight... Thanks again for putting it on Springs. It's been a fun year.

No problem at all. Only takes a few minutes to set up. I normally do much better. I've been stinking it up this year and the competition has improved over the years. Can't remember how many years in a row we have done this now, seems like at least 5 or 6.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:52 pm

I think it's been 6 years counting this year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm in 5th place for the year in my money pickem league. Last year I won it but am going to have to gain some ground to win it this year. I always end up in the top 5 in that league but it only pays 1st and 2nd.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:55 pm

It's been a dog fight... Thanks again for putting it on Springs. It's been a fun year.

Don't look now Icky but DB is gaining ground on both of us....lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:49 am

And now we are working out QBs. Elway and Kubs must not be convinced on Lynch or Siemian for the rest of the season. They can't bring someone in now and expect them to play on Sunday. They must be thinking longer term. Whatever happened to our No3 guy?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:52 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:And now we are working out QBs. Elway and Kubs must not be convinced on Lynch or Siemian for the rest of the season. They can't bring someone in now and expect them to play on Sunday. They must be thinking longer term. Whatever happened to our No3 guy?

I guess they don't like the way our QB look and the outlook of the team next season. Best to get a jumpstart on bringing in some talent for next season. I haven't seen enough of Lynch but the coaches see him daily and bringing in QB's may say that they are moving on with our Third string Austin Davis or they just don't have faith in Lynch to push Siemian next season. Just a thought Kaepernick opt out of his contract for next season. All said and done he would make this team better.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:And now we are working out QBs. Elway and Kubs must not be convinced on Lynch or Siemian for the rest of the season. They can't bring someone in now and expect them to play on Sunday. They must be thinking longer term. Whatever happened to our No3 guy?

I guess they don't like the way our QB look and the outlook of the team next season. Best to get a jumpstart on bringing in some talent for next season. I haven't seen enough of Lynch but the coaches see him daily and bringing in QB's may say that they are moving on with our Third string Austin Davis or they just don't have faith in Lynch to push Siemian next season. Just a thought Kaepernick opt out of his contract for next season. All said and done he would make this team better.

How can we get a straight read on anyone when our o-line is so horrendous? That unit does about as much good as a screen door on a submarine.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:04 pm

This is the nicest one I have found, and its weeks old...

25. Denver Broncos (66.7)

The Denver Broncos line is actually okay, outside of one prohibitive position that threatens to sink the whole ship. At right tackle, Donald Stephenson and Ty Sambrailo alternate getting eviscerated by opposing pass-rushers, sometimes both within the same game. As a pair, they have surrendered six sacks and 46 total QB pressures on the season, which would be the most in the league if they were one right tackle. Russell Okung has been better, but he himself is responsible for 38 total QB pressures, second-most among left tackles in the league.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ra ... g-week-11/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:09 pm

This one is pretty good and in depth. Shows Denver ranked 29th in pass protection. Based on the numbers they show I'm not really sure how they ranked the run blocking as high as 11 though.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:59 am

Hoppy wrote:

Kaperdink will want a fortune and I'm not convinced he would be even remotely close to worth it. He looks like long term misery to me. We still have a cap ceiling to worry about. This isn't the NBA or baseball where you just pay a luxury tax and move on.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)