AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:06 am

My wife is kicking my ass in pickems this year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:48 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Green Bay looks awful this year.

Wade and the D broke him last year. Don't think he's been the same since that game.

Put Wade first because you listen to all the pundits talk, all these teams are doing what Wade laid out as a game plan. Much of the blame should rightfully go against the FO for not finding FA players to fill the voids around Rodgers. But the knife cutting the other way is they get handicapped by the QB salary.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby Hoppy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:25 pm

for those who haven't heard Broncos Chiefs has been changed to Sunday Night.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-flexe ... n-48982624
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Hoppy wrote:for those who haven't heard Broncos Chiefs has been changed to Sunday Night.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-flexe ... n-48982624

I heard...I hate this "flex" schedule the NFL has myself. I don't like this having to play in London business either.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:03 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2674 ... =editorial

Pretty good article...and direct to the point
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:12 am

This is the one game I hope Oz has a career game....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:19 pm

I'm getting killed again in FFL...lol. Not my year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:43 pm

back to football Is it time to find a new headcoach in Green Bay? I agree with Yi that the Broncos showed the rest of the league how to beat them but if you are GB you have to adjust at some point and they haven't. I don't think McCarthy gets it. Now what do you think of Romo saying he would want to play in Denver. I'm not sure we can afford to pay him to come here and play half a season b/c of injury. He sits every year. Then when he doesn't he blows it in the PLayoffs. Let's see if the QB's we have can get better. That's My opinion
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Hoppy wrote:back to football Is it time to find a new headcoach in Green Bay? I agree with Yi that the Broncos showed the rest of the league how to beat them but if you are GB you have to adjust at some point and they haven't. I don't think McCarthy gets it. Now what do you think of Romo saying he would want to play in Denver. I'm not sure we can afford to pay him to come here and play half a season b/c of injury. He sits every year. Then when he doesn't he blows it in the PLayoffs. Let's see if the QB's we have can get better. That's My opinion

Hello my friend.....I would love to see Romo in those silly orange uniforms :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Hoppy wrote:hey this is what ex has been up to
https://www.facebook.com/iloveyoupassit ... f=NEWSFEED

LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:40 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I'm getting killed again in FFL...lol. Not my year.

I'm rooting for that Cleveland Clam this week :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:41 am

Hoppy wrote:back to football Is it time to find a new headcoach in Green Bay? I agree with Yi that the Broncos showed the rest of the league how to beat them but if you are GB you have to adjust at some point and they haven't. I don't think McCarthy gets it. Now what do you think of Romo saying he would want to play in Denver. I'm not sure we can afford to pay him to come here and play half a season b/c of injury. He sits every year. Then when he doesn't he blows it in the PLayoffs. Let's see if the QB's we have can get better. That's My opinion

Romo is past his prime and he has hurt his back so many times all he has to do is fart and he's on IR these days. Too much money for what you'll get.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Agreed on the QB situation, Hop has it dead on - No Romo and let's see what we have.

And yes, I'm playing the jilted lover in this, we gave Romo the chance to be here years ago and he chose Dallas so not no but hell no you don't get to come crawling back.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby YiRox » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:26 pm

Huge week for playoff picture. Tie breakers will be greatly affected Sunday. Pitt v Indy, Car v Oak, Denver game, NE v NYJ and the hosts Fins against the Niners. Overall records and conference games to help/hurt the teams playoff chances. I'm not seeing a 6-0 run to close out the season so it will again be up to the last three weeks to see how it plays out. Lose this weekend and MIA wins they're now the sixth seed for the time being.

As it sits right now that first Charger game is a killer. Division and conference records are worse for wear because of that big L. Get to looking at remaining schedules and we become Charger fans the rest of the season. Hate that after rooting for the Texans last night and realizing that the whole officiating sucks ass. Too many close calls seemingly went against the Texans.

It was nice to see the refs are consistent with their suckage on the play the DE got call for holding and the OL had hands to his face. See that every week with our D.
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby Hoppy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:41 pm

R8der113 wrote:

Hello my friend.....I would love to see Romo in those silly orange uniforms :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good to see you here Mr. and that Mr. is for your first place team. Glad to see they are relevant again. Tyler is hard to live with now and I have to keep reminding him that I never put those raiders down I just won't give them props. Well this season so far (with some help from the jailbirds), they get their props. Enjoy it while it last.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:08 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:19 pm

YiRox wrote:Huge week for playoff picture. Tie breakers will be greatly affected Sunday. Pitt v Indy, Car v Oak, Denver game, NE v NYJ and the hosts Fins against the Niners. Overall records and conference games to help/hurt the teams playoff chances. I'm not seeing a 6-0 run to close out the season so it will again be up to the last three weeks to see how it plays out. Lose this weekend and MIA wins they're now the sixth seed for the time being.

As it sits right now that first Charger game is a killer. Division and conference records are worse for wear because of that big L. Get to looking at remaining schedules and we become Charger fans the rest of the season. Hate that after rooting for the Texans last night and realizing that the whole officiating sucks ass. Too many close calls seemingly went against the Texans.

It was nice to see the refs are consistent with their suckage on the play the DE got call for holding and the OL had hands to his face. See that every week with our D.

Luck is out of the Steelers game because of concussion protocol. That kind of narrows down who'll probably win that matchup.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:35 am

*** HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!***

- Try to remember those who are less fortunate than you, not the guy on the corner with a sign, but the homeless shelter,
the local salvation army
and try to visit a veteran or senior facility they will appreciate your smile.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby R8der113 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:10 am

Jarhead93 wrote:*** HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!***

- Try to remember those who are less fortunate than you, not the guy on the corner with a sign, but the homeless shelter,
the local salvation army

Happy Thanksgiving everyone..............Jarhead, you're a good man....every year I help the local Salvation Army give out Turkey dinners here in Pa. You won't believe how many need and appreciate the help.

Peace and GodBless

Go Raiders
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:18 am

R8der113 wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:*** HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!***

the local salvation army

Happy Thanksgiving everyone..............Jarhead, you're a good man....every year I help the local Salvation Army give out Turkey dinners here in Pa. You won't believe how many need and appreciate the help.

Peace and GodBless

Go Raiders

PS....don't tell no one....you'll ruin my Raider image....lol
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:20 am

Hoppy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

Good to see you here Mr. and that Mr. is for your first place team. Glad to see they are relevant again. Tyler is hard to live with now and I have to keep reminding him that I never put those raiders down I just won't give them props. Well this season so far (with some help from the jailbirds), they get their props. Enjoy it while it last.

How does that go Hoppy....you reap , what you sow :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy Thanksgiving bro
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:47 pm

R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

How does that go Hoppy....you reap , what you sow :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Happy Thanksgiving bro

I have no idea what you mean by that Rich. are you implying that I would brag to my raider fan son that the Broncos are 5 time division champs with 2 trips to the super bowl and are 1 and 1 in those bowls in the last 5 years. You don't really think I would do something like that to my own son do you? : :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: By the way I had a great thanksgiving just me and my family and the NFL. Hope you enjoyed your and everyone .
Hoppy
MVP

Postby rdrJoe » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:46 am

Howdy Broncs brothers,

I was rooting for your ponies today, but this is what I hoped wouldn't happen. Maybe I shoulda went for KC? uh no, not a chance. hahaha

Carry on fellas and all the best, always.
Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Joe said it all. Use to be the Raiders hated the Broncos more because we were the class of the AFC west. WE will return I believe that. The game last night was a great game. There was no was in the world that I would have tried to kick the Field Goal at 62 yards with 1:02 left in the game. That was a bad decision by Kubaic. He gave them the ball at our 48 yard line and I can't see why he just didn't go for the first or punt the ball. Punting would have given them more field to travel. Going for the first would have given them the ball at the line of scrimmage around the 45 their 45 and if they had the 7 yards the field goal would have been wide not hit the post. Yes I know they may have done other things called different plays if they started at their 45 but it would have been the right call. I just don't understand the playcalling. On the safety that was scored. why don't you run the ball to get room. Too many bad things can happen with a pass. a pick 6, a holding in the endzone, a sack just run the ball. The line was having problems with the pass rush and the run but get out of the shadows of the goalpost then pass the ball or you give your punter more room to punt it away. Could be the coach lost his fire also not just the team. So lets hope for a wildcard we can't get a better draft choice we will be around average 9-7 or a little better at 10-6
Hoppy
MVP

Postby R8der113 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:22 am

Hoppy wrote:Joe said it all. Use to be the Raiders hated the Broncos more because we were the class of the AFC west. WE will return I believe that. The game last night was a great game. There was no was in the world that I would have tried to kick the Field Goal at 62 yards with 1:02 left in the game. That was a bad decision by Kubaic. He gave them the ball at our 48 yard line and I can't see why he just didn't go for the first or punt the ball. Punting would have given them more field to travel. Going for the first would have given them the ball at the line of scrimmage around the 45 their 45 and if they had the 7 yards the field goal would have been wide not hit the post. Yes I know they may have done other things called different plays if they started at their 45 but it would have been the right call. I just don't understand the playcalling. On the safety that was scored. why don't you run the ball to get room. Too many bad things can happen with a pass. a pick 6, a holding in the endzone, a sack just run the ball. The line was having problems with the pass rush and the run but get out of the shadows of the goalpost then pass the ball or you give your punter more room to punt it away. Could be the coach lost his fire also not just the team. So lets hope for a wildcard we can't get a better draft choice we will be around average 9-7 or a little better at 10-6

Yup...tough one...you play to win the game, unless a tie leaves you in a better position to win the division. Go Tyler Go!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:56 pm

wow, how long has it been since we lost 3 division games in a season? and with 2 more to play. Things aren't looking good for Denver this year, if we make it into the playoffs it will be really close. I would like to see the offense be more consistent. The defense gets no rest and is worn by the second half.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:57 pm

It is being reported that our starting QB has a foot injury and we will see Lynch this week Hope the kid shines
I think lynch will play Jacksonville gets after a QB and if you have a foot injury they would be after him all day now the guys on this 3 and out don't seem to know much about the game IMO they again are paid to talk the team up not down them. I think if you go for it even at 4th and 9 you don't give the Chiefs the ball on your 48. and they have been moving the ball at will punt or go for it. I would have played for the tie and punted make them play from deep in their territory

https://t.co/8CEFqtTeZW
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:53 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:wow, how long has it been since we lost 3 division games in a season? and with 2 more to play. Things aren't looking good for Denver this year, if we make it into the playoffs it will be really close. I would like to see the offense be more consistent. The defense gets no rest and is worn by the second half.

This is a transition year. We need to address the offensive line this off season and defensive depth. Look at Dallas....a good portion of their success comes from the fact they have the best offensive line in football. That equates to a good run game taking pressure off of the QB. Then you have the opportunity to make big plays in the passing game as the opposing defense can't play in close and pin their ears back and come after the QB every down. If we had that kind of offensive play our defense would be fresh all game.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:35 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)