AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:20 am

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Now Wolfe is out for a month We may be finished this season. I can't believe that we look as bad a team as we do. We have no Offensive line worse than last year. and QB sucks big time. I still say play A. Davis at least he can read some defenses. I am on record saying Elway messed up not trying to bring Jackson or Brock back. We can't stop the run not sure why one man would make the difference that it does but.... Next He didn't resign Clady who would have come back as cheap as that no name they have at LT. Sorry guys but This team is done and it all falls on John. This is his first bad offseason. and it is BAD not mike Jackson badd.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Hoppy wrote:Now Wolfe is out for a month We may be finished this season. I can't believe that we look as bad a team as we do. We have no Offensive line worse than last year. and QB sucks big time. I still say play A. Davis at least he can read some defenses. I am on record saying Elway messed up not trying to bring Jackson or Brock back. We can't stop the run not sure why one man would make the difference that it does but.... Next He didn't resign Clady who would have come back as cheap as that no name they have at LT. Sorry guys but This team is done and it all falls on John. This is his first bad offseason. and it is BAD not mike Jackson badd.

I'm on record saying Brock, at least, would have been a 72 million dollar fiasco. Jackson has done very little in Jacksonville. What I do blame Elway for is not realizing Oz wasn't the guy and not drafting a replacement earlier but Oz is a mess....moments of glory and 3 1/2 quarters of nothing in a division they should walk away with.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:05 pm

We lost depth mainly. As far as a QB we would be where we were last year if we had defensive depth. We were abysmal all last year at QB.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:07 pm

And the offensive line sucked last year as well. You can't go 3 and out 5 times in a row and expect the defense to bail you out.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:58 am

And we are against the cap as well. Can't spend money you don't have unless you're the Federal Government.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm just going by what Jackson and Oz both said that they would have come back at a cheap price if The team had offered them anything. Elway never offered them a thing. I think Brock would have been better here then learning a new group of receivers. His team is not playing well but he has them in first place and will get to the playoff if they stay there. I know a weak division but first is first. Elway had a bad offseason. It was his first bad one I can live with that. But he can not continue that same practice. Talk to your Free agents and at least see what it takes to keep them Danny T is having a good year with the bears. He is a top cover LB. I see back out run our LB trying to cover them out of the backfield. We can't stop the run, last year Jackson was one of our best run stoppers. That was his main job the pass rush was a plus. Our Defense hasn't bee the same. Clady reworked his contract a one year deal 6 million he would have played here for less. Bad deals okung 5 mill The Broncos line hasn't been any good with Clady Never
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:47 pm

Denver said they offered Oz right under what the Texans did and he bailed anyway. Clady refused a pay cut and then ended up signing for 6 million because that's all he could get. I guess it depends on who you choose to believe.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:06 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Denver said they offered Oz right under what the Texans did and he bailed anyway. Clady refused a pay cut and then ended up signing for 6 million because that's all he could get. I guess it depends on who you choose to believe.

I'm pretty sure Oz made up his mind the moment they benched him in the San Diego game. That and Houston probably made an offer first and he thought Denver should have been quicker about it.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Funny You get a chance to argue and you come in . Yi I don't make thing up I just talk about what I read.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... T4RepQ8z8A

Brock's deal went down like this Elway was out done by agent
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 9073,d.amc
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:41 pm

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/ryan-clady ... ve-feared/

Clady put on IR. At least he lasted half a season this time at a bargain price of 6 million.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Hoppy wrote:Funny You get a chance to argue and you come in . Yi I don't make thing up I just talk about what I read.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... T4RepQ8z8A

Brock's deal went down like this Elway was out done by agent
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 9073,d.amc

That's what Jackson said now....after he said Denver might not be able to afford him because it's strictly business before free agency. He's whining about Denver not showing enough interest? What does he consider interest? 80 million dollar contract instead of 90? To date in the season he has 11 tackles...two assists...and 1.5 sacks. And the Jags have spent money they don't have on their defense. Do you believe what he said then or now Hop?

And as far as Oz......the team offering him 13 million is too much for what he is much less the Texans paying him Brady money.

Their is a salary cap, Hop....it's like a budget. You offer what you can to stay under it. If you restructure and defer payments until later you end up like the Raiders were 5-6 years ago in cap hell. The only player we lost that was worth the money is Trevethon. Clady played 8 games for 6 million and is out on IR....as usual. He played 18 games in the last three years in Denver as soon as he got his money.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:18 pm

And I agree with Springs on Oz...no matter what he says he had one foot out the door after he was benched last year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:13 pm

I believe Jackson He said he would have given Denver a better deal then he gave Jacksonville. But Elway wanted to see what the market was on him. He's not the only player who said John wanted to see what the Market was. so yeah I believe them. The media will always make the front office look good so they will keep their path to the team clear. They won't say John had a bad offseason he's human. Danny said the same John didn't give an offer he went out to see what the market would pay and teams who had money paid more. He gave CJ DeMarco Murray money and there is no way I could see them matching that. I would have said good bye to Anderson and gave the money to the defense. CJ is no Murray. So John just had a bad off season the first for him. Now as far as Drafts He get a C+. Jackson was great in this system He got better every year. All players take time learning a new system.They may get better next season after they're in their system but Jackson was a leader on this team so was Danny and so was Brock and this team lacks leadership. They don't have the same drive they had last season or the season before. But mostly we need a QB I can't say anything about Lynch we have to see him play. Maybe after the BYE
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:45 pm

They also don't have Manning anymore either Hop....there was more leadership in him than all the ones you named together. Players move on every year and we were up against the cap. Why do you keep dodging the cap thing? You think you can blow by it and the league will let you get away with it?

And the press is publishing Jackson AND Oz both whining ...right?...You printed the links..... so I can't fathom what point you're making there.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Jackson wasn't worth Von Miller money....period.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:43 pm

I haven't forgot the cap My point is Elway didn't make an offer he didn't try to do the numbers Maybe he could have gotten them under the cap. Maybe Von could have taken less if his friends were still on the team We don't know because Elway didn't try . All three players say he didn't offer anything. It's all water under the bridge but I hope he doesn't forget how he screwed the team this off season.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Hoppy wrote:I haven't forgot the cap My point is Elway didn't make an offer he didn't try to do the numbers Maybe he could have gotten them under the cap. Maybe Von could have taken less if his friends were still on the team We don't know because Elway didn't try . All three players say he didn't offer anything. It's all water under the bridge but I hope he doesn't forget how he screwed the team this off season.

I think the point is that John knew based on their cap situation they he could not offer a competitive contract to certain players. At this point, instead of low balling them and offending them that way, he let them seek out the best available money. I don't think Miller could have been signed for much less than he ended up getting and when he rejected the first contract that sealed the fate of other players.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:39 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:Good afternoon Broncs.

Good to see everyone seems to be enjoying the important parts of life, as in family health and well being of getting that new job. Congrats especially on the little ones health getting better.

This is a big week for both our teams, your boys being the defending champs and all. Our defense has been mismanaged badly IMO and some slackers also IMO. But the OC is also not that good and inhibits the team until they are in panic mode and behind, then he gets his azz out of Carr and the guys way and lets them work. You guys do still have an outstanding defense so it is what it is. Although that guy Stewart? dude should sthu really and let the play show how good he is. Ward saying Raiders WRs are not elite? In a way I'm glad they said that stuff, it should be up on the board for extra motivation. Though why you would need any is hard to figure and they better not need any. Our O line is very very beaten up. Shuffled every week, every game really. D line is the same deal, with the two best players not named Mack having not played at all this year. They should show up week 10. We'll see.

Its your board and I don't mean to lay anything on your players. No insults intended. About Rivers, dude is still excellent but his team as we all know has been toast for at least 4 years and he carries them all the way. They did finally make a quality draft pick in Bosa. But other than that Rivers gets no help. You get the division handed to you for years with the Raiders vanishing after that SB and no one else doing much, have some HOFs at RB and TE and very very good lines and WRs you better win one of those. Way too late now. All them cats are gone. Well Gates is still playing but..... hes got lots of hard mileage.

Have a blast this weekend at least until the start of the game until the end. lol Its all rock and roll. Life goes on.

All the best, always and
Peace !

Always good to hear from you R.J. and on Raider week It's bigger than Life here in Denver for the first time in years like you said. I like it this way when the team that you really respect (Raiders) are playing well and the game is important for the standings. I hope we have a safe game for both teams although I feel Our defense will play well enough to win but It could be our offense If they run the ball will win the game for us. We have to run the ball on the leagues 29 defense against the run. If not You win big. Enjoy the game go Broncos and all that Jazz!!!!! But Most important God Bless

As always, good luck, no injuries, and may the best team win.

All the best fellas as always. I don't think there were any serious injuries last week? What a great division the AFC West is again. Outstanding!
Take care. Oh ask Jar93 for me "where is David Carr?" lol All kidding aside, Drew has been great for a long time and I always liked him on and off the field. But at this stage I am extremely glad to have Derek instead of Drew. David too for that matter. hahaha

See you guys and may God bless.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Miller signed his lucrative contract and hasn't missed a beat. Denver better not let him leave ever. Sanders....same thing DT took a season off and still isn't the same as he was pre contract. Tells you a lot about character and whether or not to throw big money at these guys unless you think you'll get it back.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Jackson has done nothing in Jacksonville...(probably because he doesn't have Millar, Ware, Wolfe, and Ray on the line and Denver's secondary. Julius Thomas has done nothing but get hurt.......Clady has played his usual half a season since leaving Denver.....CJ was a reach....a big one. Hillman had one or two good games so far.............We have a salary budget....Elway did what he could with the money available. Booker and Bibbs will be lights out better than Hillman....DT looks like a bust and maybe CJ. Elway went all in to win a SB and we got one. Next year we will be in a better cap situation than this year. This year was brutal. We may not win the SB but we'll still be in the mix. This team is built to last. Now to fix the offensive line.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Hoppy wrote:I haven't forgot the cap My point is Elway didn't make an offer he didn't try to do the numbers Maybe he could have gotten them under the cap. Maybe Von could have taken less if his friends were still on the team We don't know because Elway didn't try . All three players say he didn't offer anything. It's all water under the bridge but I hope he doesn't forget how he screwed the team this off season.

Hop? You don't know if Miller would have taken less if his buddies were still on the team...wtf? We should have kept Trevethan be fore signing CJ but that is all history. You are frustrated with the team....I am too but quit trying to place the blame on Elway because of his greediness. You were advocating all along to pay all these players to keep them....with what? The players need to get paid... Remember? It's all business with the players as well. The knife cuts both ways my friend.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Siemian is not very good, too many very poor decisions, and our offense is anemic with him in. Nobody can tell me we wouldn't be better and continue to grow our offense, under Lynch :evil:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:10 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Siemian is not very good, too many very poor decisions, and our offense is anemic with him in. Nobody can tell me we wouldn't be better and continue to grow our offense, under Lynch :evil:

I'd put Lynch in and let him learn...
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:12 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:Siemian is not very good, too many very poor decisions, and our offense is anemic with him in. Nobody can tell me we wouldn't be better and continue to grow our offense, under Lynch :evil:

I'd put Lynch in and let him learn...

They have a bye next week Maybe then after the bye.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:48 pm

we have had some great one handed catches today. 4 if my count is right
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:30 pm

DT showed up for a change.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:34 pm

Oz had 99 yards today with a 52% completion rate...and they still won thanks to 181 yards rushing and 2 interceptions.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Green Bay looks awful this year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)