AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:53 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:I've always had a soft spot for the Cubs but my son in law is an Indians fan as he's from Cleveland so either way I'm good with it.

Pulling for the cubs for a Cardinal fan is the equivalent of a Broncos fan pulling for the Chiefs. Gives you heart burn. :lol:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:56 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Man....I'm getting killed in FFL again this week. I can't pick shit this year.

I thought I was doing good for the first time ever doing this but you say you are having a bad year that means I really suck at this B/C you are kicking me all over the place.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:I've always had a soft spot for the Cubs but my son in law is an Indians fan as he's from Cleveland so either way I'm good with it.

Pulling for the cubs for a Cardinal fan is the equivalent of a Broncos fan pulling for the Chiefs. Gives you heart burn. :lol:

I'm not a baseball fan so don't have much emotion invested...
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Man....I'm getting killed in FFL again this week. I can't pick shit this year.

I thought I was doing good for the first time ever doing this but you say you are having a bad year that means I really suck at this B/C you are kicking me all over the place.

I'm barely ahead.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:17 pm

Go Broncos WE need 6 sacks tonight and at least 15 hits on Brock. On Offense we need a 100 yard rusher. CJ or Booker makes me no difference who. No turnovers from our side 3 by them and we will give Brock just what he needs a nice welcome back.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Much Love to Jason Elam, Simon Fletcher, and John Lynch, the newest members of "The Broncos Ring of Fame"
On another note, nice to see the run game pounding the rock tonight. On another note, feeling gut punched by Kubiak, tabling the final timeout, and not trying to run the hurry up to try and score before half.Is John Fox still calling shit here? I am so F"N sick of the play not to lose mentality, with the lead. :evil: :break: :evil:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:44 pm

almost got everything I wanted we didn't get any sacks not sure why they didn't give Wolfe the sack on the fumbled snap. We had a 100 yard rusher. Booker brought the beast out of CJ and book almost had 100. good game running the ball have to keep it up. 5-2 better than 4-3 Go Broncos!!!
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:32 am

We win! To keep up in the AFC West we can't lose very many more games. This division is brutal this year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:04 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:We win! To keep up in the AFC West we can't lose very many more games. This division is brutal this year.

Yeah, gonna be a close race. Div wins will decide it and we are already lacking there. Can't drop next week against the chargers or at oakland the week after.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:37 am

Anybody else see the move that Miller put on Derek Newton last night? Literally broke the dude's legs. Tore both patellar tendons at once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJHcLWvEdw
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Hoppy wrote:almost got everything I wanted we didn't get any sacks not sure why they didn't give Wolfe the sack on the fumbled snap. We had a 100 yard rusher. Booker brought the beast out of CJ and book almost had 100. good game running the ball have to keep it up. 5-2 better than 4-3 Go Broncos!!!

What I noticed Hop, was Brock played the game not to be sacked. He didn't care about completing passes, keeping drives alive, or even winning. All he cared about was, not letting our rush having enough time to get to him. Punked his whole team to avoid being sacked.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:26 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Anybody else see the move that Miller put on Derek Newton last night? Literally broke the dude's legs. Tore both patellar tendons at once.

I feel bad for Newton, never want to see anyone hurt that bad, but it was a SWEET move!!!
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:47 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Anybody else see the move that Miller put on Derek Newton last night? Literally broke the dude's legs. Tore both patellar tendons at once.

I feel bad for Newton, never want to see anyone hurt that bad, but it was a SWEET move!!!

100% agreed, sad to see a guy go down, never wished him ill, just impressed with Miller's footwork. Those are RB/WR moves not seen often in guys like Miller.

On a similar note, I felt bad for the trainers and the cart that had to lift and carry him away. That was a big boy! Glad Wilfork didn't go down. The Texans might owe us a new cart today if he had :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:51 pm

The Broncos have made a trade to get a lineman I don't have the specifics yet will get to you or if you hear tell me
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:57 pm

It was not an OL they traded for It was a TE They traded a 2017 5th I think for TE AJ Derby from NE More trades my come
They have now released Keo to make room for Derby https://t.co/BP6Cg29EoE
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:12 am

Hoppy wrote:It was not an OL they traded for It was a TE They traded a 2017 5th I think for TE AJ Derby from NE More trades my come

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/10 ... -aj-derby/

Highlights of Derby.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:56 am

Bummer, hope they catch the guy that broke into Ware's house. maybe they could leave him alone in a room with the Denver Defense for a little while. Can't stand people that try to get ahead by taking from others, even if the other is wealthy and famous.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denv ... ing-102616
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:34 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:It was not an OL they traded for It was a TE They traded a 2017 5th I think for TE AJ Derby from NE More trades my come

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/10 ... -aj-derby/

Highlights of Derby.

I like the way he isn't afraid to block the big boys in the line. He and Green should keep the run game going. By the way Green was back this week and it showed in the run game. Now maybe with Derby we may have a TE to pass to.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:03 pm

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:15 pm

Broncos Rumored to be talking to Cleveland about a left tackle or NYJ about a DT. Seattle released C.J.Spiller who could step in for the injured CJ Anderson who could be out for the year with the knee.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:09 pm

Hoppy wrote:Broncos Rumored to be talking to Cleveland about a left tackle or NYJ about a DT. Seattle released C.J.Spiller who could step in for the injured CJ Anderson who could be out for the year with the knee.

I agree with Ian Hensen, that Joe Thomas might be out of our price range. I would love to see us get Sheldon Richardson from the Jets though. Spiller could help out on special teams, but I don't see him supplanting Bibbs as Booker's backup, but I would rather see him than Juwan I think. Nice to see you and your knowledge on Ian's blog, Hop. Pretty informative show, don't you think? :D
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:02 pm

Bibbs should and could beat out Spiller. As far as as trading for Joe Thomas? He's really good but we don't have that much cash laying around these days.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:41 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Bummer, hope they catch the guy that broke into Ware's house. maybe they could leave him alone in a room with the Denver Defense for a little while. Can't stand people that try to get ahead by taking from others, even if the other is wealthy and famous.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denv ... ing-102616

They got them... and they recovered Ware's Super Bowl ring and other items stolen.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 7_22237972
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:41 am

Hey Kicks you around?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:45 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Broncos Rumored to be talking to Cleveland about a left tackle or NYJ about a DT. Seattle released C.J.Spiller who could step in for the injured CJ Anderson who could be out for the year with the knee.

I agree with Ian Hensen, that Joe Thomas might be out of our price range. I would love to see us get Sheldon Richardson from the Jets though. Spiller could help out on special teams, but I don't see him supplanting Bibbs as Booker's backup, but I would rather see him than Juwan I think. Nice to see you and your knowledge on Ian's blog, Hop. Pretty informative show, don't you think? :D

I've been following Ian for a couple of years now and find him fun and Informative. He is a insider and when He broke the trade for D.Ware I was right there on line giving you guys the news as he reported it. He's good with the players and like to share with you his insight. Good man. He's over at Dove Valley now maybe getting the news on what the Broncos are doing with a LT. I think Long is too old for this team. Okung is a bad signing IMO but he is cheap so we have to live with that . The player I would like to see from Cleveland is Austin Pasztor 4th year player RT from Virginia. We get that right side of the line fixed with good pass blocking I think we can complete more passes to the right side .Pasztor is 25 or 26 free agent next season but only making 1.6 this season. If we trade and he works he could be resigned cheap. Back to Ian he won't say it but his face when you ask about the Broncos 2nd round pick tells you he doesn't like the pick. He can't say it if he wants to keep his standing with the team. I thought Elway reached when he made the pick. and we need the help there to stop the run.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:10 pm

They can't break in a Bronco's house in Bronco's Country not and get away with it.
http://www.mail.denverpost.com/klrtmvpg ... gmllg.html
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:14 pm

CJ out Indefinitely with surgery Hate to see him out after the great day he had on one wheel. Impressive Get well CJ
http://www.mail.denverpost.com/pcmfjmvs ... jvccj.html
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm watching the Jags/Titans game and the color rush uniforms for the Jags looks like puke color.... .....

I'm over the color rush deal myself.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:32 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I'm watching the Jags/Titans game and the color rush uniforms for the Jags looks like puke color.... .....

I'm over the color rush deal myself.

LOL...I was thinking, baby shit brown, myself
IckyIPA
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)