AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby kicks » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:26 am

Here is a place to chat about the Denver Broncos.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby kicks » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:16 am

Well, another season is approaching. Looking forward to being AFC West Champs again.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Oh and winning Super Bowl 50!!!!! Wooooooo!!!!!!
Last edited by kicks on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:10 am

We've already been up and out--the weather is exceptional. Low 60s, slight breeze, picked up my precious baby (30 yrs. old) and went to breakfast with him. Now we're home catching up on episodes of Hawaii 5-0, but it pisses me off that they are cancelling it for high production costs. They'd much rather stick us with lousy, low-cost programming than let us watch decent shows. They have enough advertising to support all programming with their hundreds of long-ass, (often disgusting) commercials.Ah, sorry kicks--I thought I was on Switzerland's page. Didn't mean to start bitching on the Bronco's page...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:12 pm

:up:
Attachments
555.png
555.png (210.98 KiB) Viewed 40237 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:07 pm

TRYING TO STOP BY AS EACH ROOM LIGHTS UP TO WELCOME EVERYONE TO OUR SWISS HOME--NEWBIES AND OLDIES--SO GLAD THE BRONCOS ARE HERE! GREAT TO SEE THIS PLACE ALIVE...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby IckyIPA » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Icky is in the house. Looks like I got me some learning to do
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby kicks » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Hey Icky! Welcome to Switzerland. Its a little slow but it will pick up. Have fun learning the ropes.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:45 pm

A lot of the folks post in the swiss forum.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:32 am

FOR THOSE TRYING TO POST PICTURES READ BELOW!!!!!

For pics, when you are posting look for the upload attachment folder down below the save/preview/submit button. Hit the button and then browse for the image (easiest to save to desktop and load from there). Watch the size. Too big and it wont load. Then hit the place inline button and viola. There ya be.
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:55 am

:D
Attachments
588.jpg
588.jpg (31.34 KiB) Viewed 40219 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 am

8-)
Attachments
de1b18c486d23550bd3b3ddefe603f2f.jpg
de1b18c486d23550bd3b3ddefe603f2f.jpg (25.42 KiB) Viewed 40219 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Nice car Utah! :up:
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:21 pm

kicks wrote:Nice car Utah! :up:

I like it!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Not much. Good to see you here 76

I want one of these......
Attachments
AA9jN38.img.jpg
AA9jN38.img.jpg (46.57 KiB) Viewed 40202 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby 4THERAIDERS » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:40 am

Kickster!
Utah-Ster!!

Made it!

Thanks for all of the help.
I will see how it goes with My Raider Brothers.

Have a good one Fellas.
Just getting Home from work...Crashing for a bit.
4THERAIDERS
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:52 am

4THERAIDERS wrote:Kickster!
Utah-Ster!!

Made it!

Thanks for all of the help.
I will see how it goes with My Raider Brothers.

Have a good one Fellas.
Just getting Home from work...Crashing for a bit.

Cool! Good to see you 4th!!!
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:16 am

OnlyInUtah wrote::up:

I made it to our new home
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:23 am

Hop! Good to see you buddy. Hey, its going to be slow at first of course. But I think you will like this place. Its got all the bells and whistles. Utah will be able to help you with an avatar. That's his specialty here. Well... not his only one. I deal with some picture posting instructions and promotion. The people here are great.
kicks
All Pro

Postby SouthStands » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 am

I am in...now I need to take some time to explore!

There goes my productivity...lol!
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:16 pm

SouthStands wrote:I am in...now I need to take some time to explore!

There goes my productivity...lol!

:P
kicks wrote:Hop! Good to see you buddy. Hey, its going to be slow at first of course. But I think you will like this place. Its got all the bells and whistles. Utah will be able to help you with an avatar. That's his specialty here. Well... not his only one. I deal with some picture posting instructions and promotion. The people here are great.
I'm still trying to find my way around. I keep bumping into the furniture.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:23 pm

kicks wrote:Here is a place to chat about the Denver Broncos.

http://t.co/qeTAKtsQFp My one vote counts
Hoppy
MVP

Postby SouthStands » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Denver really has a lot of ways they can go at #28. I think a trade back could be the best course of action as I think there will be some very talented players that fall. Of course trades are difficult to project, but if a team is wanting a crack at Grayson, Hundley, or even Petty, they could look at moving up...hopefully with Denver. That said, here are the OL guys I want Denver looking at:

TJ Clemmings - No clue why this guy is falling. He struggled with speed rushers at the combine...big deal. He's not a LT nor should he be considered there. He's a powerful, mobile RT in the NFL. Fits Kubiak's scheme very well.

DJ Humphries - Can play along the OL at a couple spots. Has LT ability, but not from day one. Would start at LG or RT.

Cameron Erving - One of my favorite guys. Another big, mobile, zone-blocking offensive lineman. What I like about Erving is his ability to play center. He's not necessarily a Pouncey, but he's very good.

Jake Fisher - May be too early to take Fisher, but he's an athlete. Experience at LT, but projects as a RT at the next level.

One scenario I like is Denver trading back to top of the second and taking Fisher. Figure Denver gets a 4th round pick in the process. Then at the bottom of the second, Denver gets Hroniss Grasu (C - Oregon). Denver gets two Oregon guys that can zone-block and know each other very well. Fisher at RT, Grasu at C along with Clady and Vasquez and then open the competition up for RG. Denver then has their 3rd along with three 4th Round picks. I'm a fan of the 4th Round...lots of good players go in that round.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:02 pm

;)
Attachments
cool-logo-denver-broncos-images-sports-picture-denver-broncos-wallpaper1.jpg
cool-logo-denver-broncos-images-sports-picture-denver-broncos-wallpaper1.jpg (29.68 KiB) Viewed 40143 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Welcome South. Enjoy.

Hop, don't hurt yourself on the furniture.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:55 pm

SouthStands wrote:Denver really has a lot of ways they can go at #28. I think a trade back could be the best course of action as I think there will be some very talented players that fall. Of course trades are difficult to project, but if a team is wanting a crack at Grayson, Hundley, or even Petty, they could look at moving up...hopefully with Denver. That said, here are the OL guys I want Denver looking at:

TJ Clemmings - No clue why this guy is falling. He struggled with speed rushers at the combine...big deal. He's not a LT nor should he be considered there. He's a powerful, mobile RT in the NFL. Fits Kubiak's scheme very well.

DJ Humphries - Can play along the OL at a couple spots. Has LT ability, but not from day one. Would start at LG or RT.

Cameron Erving - One of my favorite guys. Another big, mobile, zone-blocking offensive lineman. What I like about Erving is his ability to play center. He's not necessarily a Pouncey, but he's very good.

Jake Fisher - May be too early to take Fisher, but he's an athlete. Experience at LT, but projects as a RT at the next level.

One scenario I like is Denver trading back to top of the second and taking Fisher. Figure Denver gets a 4th round pick in the process. Then at the bottom of the second, Denver gets Hroniss Grasu (C - Oregon). Denver gets two Oregon guys that can zone-block and know each other very well. Fisher at RT, Grasu at C along with Clady and Vasquez and then open the competition up for RG. Denver then has their 3rd along with three 4th Round picks. I'm a fan of the 4th Round...lots of good players go in that round.

Fisher is the man I'd pick for the RT position. He is the most ready to play in Kubiak's system. Clemmings if the broncos thought franklin was too slow for RT Why would they go and draft Clemmings who is in the same mold as Franklin. I still like the MLB at 28 if one of the top 4 are there can't get over MLB being a need for the last 4 years and we haven't addressed it yet. Let's get a young MLB that will be there for years to come and work the linemen we drafted last season that everyone was so high on mind you. Draft a RT at 2 and a safety next. we are drafting for depth after we get past 1 I believe.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Still can't figure out what qualifies a person as a draft expert, I can tell you it is not someone who lists our top needs as TE and OLB. I think we all agree OL, S, ILB, and NT are most pressing. I personally think our first pick should be used on our future QB and draft Hundley, but I too am no expert.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby SouthStands » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Hoppy wrote:Fisher is the man I'd pick for the RT position. He is the most ready to play in Kubiak's system. Clemmings if the broncos thought franklin was too slow for RT Why would they go and draft Clemmings who is in the same mold as Franklin. I still like the MLB at 28 if one of the top 4 are there can't get over MLB being a need for the last 4 years and we haven't addressed it yet. Let's get a young MLB that will be there for years to come and work the linemen we drafted last season that everyone was so high on mind you. Draft a RT at 2 and a safety next. we are drafting for depth after we get past 1 I believe.

I agree about the ILB position as well hop...these were just my OL prospects. As for Clemmings...he's got good agility and can get to the next level in a zone-block scheme. I prefer Fisher as well, but would not be upset with Clemmings in the slightest. He's a very good player with the ability to get better.

ChiefGuy76 wrote:Welcome Hop and Southy......Glad to see you boys made it!

Thanks CG...good to see you in here!
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby SouthStands » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:57 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Still can't figure out what qualifies a person as a draft expert, I can tell you it is not someone who lists our top needs as TE and OLB. I think we all agree OL, S, ILB, and NT are most pressing. I personally think our first pick should be used on our future QB and draft Hundley, but I too am no expert.

Agreed with the whole 'expert' notion Icky...no such thing in my opinion. Top needs for me are C, RT, LG, RILB, FS, but I'm not reaching for any of those positions either. I'd love to see Denver come out of Rounds 1 and 2 with two offensive linemen or an offensive lineman and an inside backer. I'd be happy with that.

I do like Hundley a lot Icky, but I wouldn't take him at #28. My guy in this draft is Sean Mannion...and I think Denver can get him at the bottom of the 3rd.
SouthStands
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:40 pm

I like Grayson as well.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 pm

I'm Here!!
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Next

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)