AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 am

Man I hope Fowler III recovers ok. That was a nasty blow to the back of the head. Dude kept trying to get up but looked like he just came off a tilt-a-whirl. My wife, then my girlfriend, took a similar hit to the back of the head when we went snowboarding one time. She was wearing a helmet too and the fall didn't look all that bad, but when she tried to get up, everything went bad from there. Severe memory loss, had no idea where she was or who anyone was. Wasn't able to stand or even sit up. It messed her up for a while and over 10 years later she still gets migraines that are attributed to it. The head and spine are delicate and you have to be really careful with them. After Fowler's hit and his wobbling on tv, the league is going to keep a close eye on him, he won't be back until they are beyond positive he's ok.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:56 am

And a shoutout to the no-fly zone! Harris Jr and Talib, and Roby as well, all played great ball this weekend. Talib saved our butts in the end when the momentum was shifting towards the boys. 103 yards! I was screaming at the tv and praying there wouldn't be some stupid block in the back penalty half a field away.

And the d-line! They shut down elliot. That had to be his worst game in the last 2 seasons. He couldn't buy a yard. And Peko was fun to watch. Guy was a beast with his huge hair going all over the place. Looked like a lion out there. him and wolfe standing next to each other is a scary scene lol. Miller was a little jumpy but he wanted his sacks. It's hard to do when you get covered the way he does. I know "Denver pays him to sack the QB" (his words), but they also pay him to disrupt the offense. He does that simply by being on the field. When he's out there, the offense has to take special notice of him, usually freeing up someone else. One of my favorite Broncos of all time did the same - Champ Bailey. The guy didn't always get the stats, and it was because QBs, offenses and coaches feared him. They didn't dare test him because when they did, he made them pay. Miller is very similar in that regard.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:52 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:And a shoutout to the no-fly zone! Harris Jr and Talib, and Roby as well, all played great ball this weekend. Talib saved our butts in the end when the momentum was shifting towards the boys. 103 yards! I was screaming at the tv and praying there wouldn't be some stupid block in the back penalty half a field away.

And the d-line! They shut down elliot. That had to be his worst game in the last 2 seasons. He couldn't buy a yard. And Peko was fun to watch. Guy was a beast with his huge hair going all over the place. Looked like a lion out there. him and wolfe standing next to each other is a scary scene lol. Miller was a little jumpy but he wanted his sacks. It's hard to do when you get covered the way he does. I know "Denver pays him to sack the QB" (his words), but they also pay him to disrupt the offense. He does that simply by being on the field. When he's out there, the offense has to take special notice of him, usually freeing up someone else. One of my favorite Broncos of all time did the same - Champ Bailey. The guy didn't always get the stats, and it was because QBs, offenses and coaches feared him. They didn't dare test him because when they did, he made them pay. Miller is very similar in that regard.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... F8UiE-GL-u
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm

I really enjoyed the game yesterday. This offense has looked great with Siemian leading the way. I being me still don't like the high passes but he has and is giving them a chance to catch the ball. He made more plays then mistakes and that's what he has to do to win in this league. Next week we play the Bills in Buffalo. The way this team has played that should be a walk in the park if they don't look past it to the Raiders the week after. The Defense had a great game holding the best running back in the league down. Dez also was held down he scored once but the play he scored on they tried to do the second time and Talib took it back 103 yards. You may get lucky and fly a short flight once but this is a no fly zone here. I didn't think That we could score on them the way we did. not that they have a great defense but I just don't know about our QB not our offense. Happy I'm wrong so far.
Bolles is thought to have a high ankle sprain some reports say it's broken. Now Achilles has come in the conversation. let's hope for the high ankle it will get him back faster
https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/9/1 ... y#comments
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Hoppy wrote:I really enjoyed the game yesterday. This offense has looked great with Siemian leading the way. I being me still don't like the high passes but he has and is giving them a chance to catch the ball. He made more plays then mistakes and that's what he has to do to win in this league. Next week we play the Bills in Buffalo. The way this team has played that should be a walk in the park if they don't look past it to the Raiders the week after. The Defense had a great game holding the best running back in the league down. Dez also was held down he scored once but the play he scored on they tried to do the second time and Talib took it back 103 yards. You may get lucky and fly a short flight once but this is a no fly zone here. I didn't think That we could score on them the way we did. not that they have a great defense but I just don't know about our QB not our offense. Happy I'm wrong so far.
Bolles is thought to have a high ankle sprain some reports say it's broken. Now Achilles has come in the conversation. let's hope for the high ankle it will get him back faster
https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/9/1 ... y#comments

I saw the x-ray came back negative. If that's the case, then a break is unlikely. I'm hoping it's just a sprain and he can be back for Raiders, or if he misses that week, he gets an extra week with the bye to get better. Fowler is my bigger concern, however, Thomas and Sanders got a lot more love once he came out.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Bolles has high ankle sprain Good news
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Ga ... s107624504
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Poor Fowler...video after falling if you missed it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sca ... li=BBnba9I
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Howdy Gents,
Sorry I haven't been around much,you know life and stuff. Just wanted to let Hop and Springs know, I do pop in and read, and enjoy, your posts. Not sure on the latest on Bolles as I write this, but I can tell you from personal and fantasy football experience, that a high ankle sprain can be anywhere between 3-6 weeks. Highly doubt he makes the Raider game. I'm not as worried about our tackle situation as much as some right now. The guys know the offense, and Trevor is doing a great job most of the time, of getting rid of it quick. He's still got room to improve, but he is making people notice now. I'm impressed with his growth from last year, and he's light years ahead of Lynch.
I'm loving the middle of both lines. Paradis,Leary, and the Barbre/Garcia combo, they beat people up.The D- line won that game yesterday. Peko, Wolfe, Gotsis, and Harris dominated the best O-line in football. We finally found two players that can go at it as fierce as Wolfe does. Harris and Peko are on the same intensity level as Derek, and it has rubbed off on Gotsis too. The Aussie is miles ahead of last year. You can tell Kollar is coaching these guys.
Some many positives so far this year. I couldn't be happier :up: :D :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:27 am

Hey Icky, good to hear from you.

New power rankings are out. Here's the rundown of the division: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl ... z#image=29

#1 Chiefs
#3 Raiders
#4 Broncos
#20 Chargers

That's a pretty good showing by the AFC West. I still think the top 3 are a little inflated, but same as last week, I think the order is good. It's still really early in the season to tell for sure who is better, hoping that we can go to 3-0 after the Bills game and then stuff the Raiders before heading into our bye week. 4-0 at the bye is quite a bit better than anyone here honestly expected. I think at this point it's possible. It's a long hard stretch after the bye though with 4 more division games.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:11 pm

McCoy pissed he didn't hang 50 on the boys :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... roncos-win
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Hey Icky, good to hear from you.

New power rankings are out. Here's the rundown of the division: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl ... z#image=29

#1 Chiefs
#3 Raiders
#4 Broncos
#20 Chargers

That's a pretty good showing by the AFC West. I still think the top 3 are a little inflated, but same as last week, I think the order is good. It's still really early in the season to tell for sure who is better, hoping that we can go to 3-0 after the Bills game and then stuff the Raiders before heading into our bye week. 4-0 at the bye is quite a bit better than anyone here honestly expected. I think at this point it's possible. It's a long hard stretch after the bye though with 4 more division games.

You'll like these standings better Springs

https://t.co/0wfVc42hEr
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Hoppy wrote:

Haha, those are standings. They change week to week based on wins-losses and tie breakers. Fox has different standings when you look at the conference level, with Ravens 1 and Denver 2, but it's close enough. I do like it though. Hopefully Denver can stay there through the end of the year.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:27 pm

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/201 ... -in-denver

Great read. told youse guys you'd love Menlik Watson...or was it, we'd love it youse guys picked him up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope all is well and see you guys next week for some donkey week fun :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

Haha, those are standings. They change week to week based on wins-losses and tie breakers. Fox has different standings when you look at the conference level, with Ravens 1 and Denver 2, but it's close enough. I do like it though. Hopefully Denver can stay there through the end of the year.

Hoppy's a homer Springs....what would you expect, some unbiased rankings? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Took a Raider to save that game against LAC...your welcome ;)
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:26 am

R8der113 wrote:Took a Raider to save that game against LAC...your welcome ;)

All that matters is he's wearing orange now :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Looking ahead, hard to find a ton of games we will lose based on our current play. Thinking best case we split with the Raiders and Chiefs, lose to the Pats. I figured we would lose to the Cowboys, but that only left me at 12-4, which seems high but I definitely won't complain if that turns out lol. The Bills, Giants, Bengals, Dolphins, Jets and Colts don't really worry my much. The Redskins could be a tough win and the Chargers always play up against us. This schedule just doesn't appear to be as rough as first thought, especially outside our division.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:20 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Took a Raider to save that game against LAC...your welcome ;)

All that matters is he's wearing orange now :lol:
Sorry the raiders didn't know a good thing when they had it. Harris could start anywhere on their D-Line today. Can't wait for him to blow up Chokeland's vaunted O-line and stuff least mode. :o
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Hoppy wrote:Bolles returns to practice
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Stunner-G ... s107747261

Wow! This is great news! I still don't really expect him to start this week. Maybe next week against Oakland.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:07 am

Hoppy wrote:which Brandon Marshall are you?
https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/9/2 ... t#comments :lol:

I saw that lol. He's a good sport for messing with the people who couldn't get it right. But this happens every year when the other B.Marsh does something stupid so I'm sure he's used to it. :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Sad that Phil "The Bronco Hater" Simms is the first to say this. Or, maybe his love for Trevor will make him finally show Denver some love.
https://www.facebook.com/broncos247/vid ... 643176773/
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Injury Report
Bolles and Fowler listed as, questionable. Great news on Bolles, but Benny the Jet is still on concussion protocol. He can be cleared at any time, up to game time. Like Leary last week.
I think they sit Bolles this week unless we get an injury at Tackle. Barbre can hold down the fort in Buffalo, and Garret can heal more for Oakland. I expect McGovern to spell Garcia, so we won't be hurting there.
If Fowler can't go, Jordan Taylor will be making his 2017 debut. Latimer will take over in the slot for Fowler, but Sunshine will be dressed, and McCoy knows the chemistry between him and Trevor. Watch for Siemian to stretch the field when Taylor is spelling DT.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-l ... -107783944
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:25 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Sad that Phil "The Bronco Hater" Simms is the first to say this. Or, maybe his love for Trevor will make him finally show Denver some love.

I saw this and my first thought was Simms was hoping that we all fall in on Siemian then around the 5th game after the league catches up and he starts being the Siemian of last season he will have the last laugh. Remember last season guys this same thing happened until the league saw enough film on him and the team to get a defense for him and the Broncos. The thing will be if he can make the adjustments then to show he has grown into the position. I'm still not a fan. But Go Broncos If it works I'm in. if it breaks well we'll see. I don't agree with all he said anyway. Siemian throws accurately he said and I don't see that on my set. He is high with more passes then not. If a receiver has to reach up and expose his ribs the pass is high. If he slows down to catch a pass the pass is behind and is he has to dive the pass is too far in front. Yes he gets the pass out there but low high wide or behind isn't accurate. Not imo. but he is doing a good job for now hope he gets better.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Hoppy wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:Sad that Phil "The Bronco Hater" Simms is the first to say this. Or, maybe his love for Trevor will make him finally show Denver some love.

I saw this and my first thought was Simms was hoping that we all fall in on Siemian then around the 5th game after the league catches up and he starts being the Siemian of last season he will have the last laugh. Remember last season guys this same thing happened until the league saw enough film on him and the team to get a defense for him and the Broncos. The thing will be if he can make the adjustments then to show he has grown into the position. I'm still not a fan. But Go Broncos If it works I'm in. if it breaks well we'll see. I don't agree with all he said anyway. Siemian throws accurately he said and I don't see that on my set. He is high with more passes then not. If a receiver has to reach up and expose his ribs the pass is high. If he slows down to catch a pass the pass is behind and is he has to dive the pass is too far in front. Yes he gets the pass out there but low high wide or behind isn't accurate. Not imo. but he is doing a good job for now hope he gets better.

I don't think teams will have the same edge they had last year, watching Siemian film. McCoy is not as black and white as Kubiak was. Trevor is doing a great job of adjusting to defenses at the line. You can see that he was paying attention to what Peyton was teaching him.Yes he needs to improve his accuracy on his quick releases, but the key is, he is getting those quick releases now. He is spreading the field better, and using more of his receivers. He is more aware of what defenses are doing, and taking more advantage of mismatches. He is keeping drives alive with his legs. He has a much better running game this year, and is using the play action well. Bottom line Hop, he is much improved over last year. Does he need to get better? Yes, but what QB with literally one season worth of playing time doesn't? :D
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Here is what it looks like when Trevor is on. I see a lot of accurate passing. I especially like his ball placement on the first Sanders touchdown. The two roll outs to Sanders and Green are perfect placements too, and on the run. The play to CJ isn't a check down, but a designed route, that Siemian placed perfectly to allow Anderson to separate and score. Not on this video, but Siemian Omaha'd both of CJs scores, the run and the pass.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... hts-Week-2
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:05 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:21 am

Well that sucked :(
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:05 am

What are everyone's thoughts on Miller's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the 4th? I think the refs needed to feel the room and see that it was meant as a joke between two players who had been joking together all game. This doesn't mean that Miller is without blame, he should be more aware and careful, as he said in his interview afterwards, but I think the refs went too far calling the penalty. Both players were laughing and smiling when it happened and you can see Taylor pointing and smiling at Miller as if he was saying "you got me!". Then the flag flew in immediately. I didn't interpret Taylor's body language as begging for the foul, I don't think he had anything to do with it, and you can't expect him to plead Miller's case to the ref when it literally closed the game for Denver. Miller said it best when he said that he teaches the younger players to be heads up and careful about how they act on the field and he went out and did the very thing he cautions them against. He knows he shouldn't have done that and I respect him more for taking the responsibility with no excuses. I still think the refs overstepped though.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)