AFC East Miami Dolphins

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC East Miami Dolphins

Postby TryThinking » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:54 pm

dredwak wrote:i heard hes kind of a russel wilson type without the talent...

...and he's not a quarterback and doesn't have a ring.....
I'm not so sure I would say he doesn't have talent.
He's deadly on the cross, however that's where the problem with concussions come into play.
I'd sign him to an incentive contract, where he could make some decent bank if he plays the entire season, but the team covers their collective asses if he goes down again. I think that's the only way a team is going to take the risk on him now after having 3 concussions in a 10 month period.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:27 pm

We've looked at Welker, Crabtree, and Jennings now with no contracts offered, even though they're all still out there available. We need to add at least another WR threat. Our D looks like we should be solid top 10 this year I think, however we still need to give Tannenhill another second or two to get rid of the ball. Getting sacked over 100 times in the last two seasons has got to stop! No other QB out there's going to succeed with that much pressure on him every game, just sayin'
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:04 pm

TryThinking wrote:

He's deadly on the cross, however that's where the problem with concussions come into play.
I'd sign him to an incentive contract, where he could make some decent bank if he plays the entire season, but the team covers their collective asses if he goes down again. I think that's the only way a team is going to take the risk on him now after having 3 concussions in a 10 month period.

Josh Freeman?
dredwak
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:09 pm

dredwak wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

Josh Freeman?

CK was talking about Wes Welker. 8-)
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:11 pm

TryThinking wrote:
dredwak wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

Josh Freeman?

CK was talking about Wes Welker. 8-)

i didnt have a smart ass comment about welker...however freeman is easy...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:13 pm

welker will land somewhere...or get picked up when receivers start hitting the dl...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:20 pm

dredwak wrote:i didnt have a smart ass comment about welker...however freeman is easy...

Same old Dred, :D good to hear from you man.
You're right, Josh is/was easy......
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:02 pm

I don't think the AFC East will be a run away this year for the Pats, as the teams got shook up in the off season and I think they all got better.

Time will tell as to who will be the top dog this season, I'm hoping the Phins can keep our QB upright for less than 25 sacks this year, and hopefully the tag team of Suh & Wake will have Brady get Happy Feet, and not get in his comfort zone.

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:10 pm

TryThinking wrote:I don't think the AFC East will be a run away this year for the Pats, as the teams got shook up in the off season and I think they all got better.

Time will tell as to who will be the top dog this season, I'm hoping the Phins can keep our QB upright for less than 25 sacks this year, and hopefully the tag team of Suh & Wake will have Brady get Happy Feet, and not get in his comfort zone.

Go Dolphins!!

Shout out to Fin fanatics.

Yeah, youse guys been letting the Bhwaston's get away with tooooooooo much tooooooooooo long. hahaha time to take charge.

Also, long ago Chronik used to post here once in a while, does he ever show up? or what about FFF? We need all hands on deck.

Take care.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:18 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
TryThinking wrote:I don't think the AFC East will be a run away this year for the Pats, as the teams got shook up in the off season and I think they all got better.

Go Dolphins!!

Yeah, youse guys been letting the Bhwaston's get away with tooooooooo much tooooooooooo long. hahaha time to take charge.

Also, long ago Chronik used to post here once in a while, does he ever show up? or what about FFF? We need all hands on deck.

Take care.

Peace !

sparky and chron both have profiles here...next time i see chron on FB i'll tell him to stop by...sparky is MIA...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby rdrJoe » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:39 pm

dredwak wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:

Go Dolphins!!

Take care.

Peace !

sparky and chron both have profiles here...next time i see chron on FB i'll tell him to stop by...sparky is MIA...

Great news on Chron. I have not seen him or FFF in a very long time. Now is the time for all to stand up together.

Thanks and a great evening to all human beings.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:12 pm

rdrJoe wrote:
dredwak wrote:
rdrJoe wrote:Shout out to Fin fanatics.

Take care.

Peace !

Great news on Chron. I have not seen him or FFF in a very long time. Now is the time for all to stand up together.

Thanks and a great evening to all human beings.

Peace !

Yeah haven't seen either one of them in quite a while, maybe they'll venture back over this season?
I'm looking forward to seeing what the "Wake-Suh" duo is going to look like this year trashing the opposing quarterbacks.... This could be fun... just sayin'

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:55 am

Miami sched.png
Miami sched.png (50.56 KiB) Viewed 17624 times
dredwak
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:56 am

Man what a Bull Shit schedule we got!!
Seriously, we start the season with 4 of the first 5 games away from home?
(the England game is counted as a home game, but yeah, not really)

Man, I think that the powers that be sometimes just have it out for us Phin Phans.....just sayin'

Trying to lock up some seats for the Charger game, (I live in So Cal) for myself and daughters.
Both are die-hard Dolphin Phans, and my youngest has never been to a NFL game, let alone a Dolphin game.

Hopefully we can stay healthy and improve despite the ownership and management.

Yes, CK I'll still "try" to make a game out in your neck of the woods this season too.... (if at all possible)

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Wait? What? Miami has a football team? When did this happen? :lol:
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby loutex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:12 pm

TryThinking wrote:Man what a Bull Shit schedule we got!!
Seriously, we start the season with 4 of the first 5 games away from home?
(the England game is counted as a home game, but yeah, not really)

Man, I think that the powers that be sometimes just have it out for us Phin Phans.....just sayin'

Trying to lock up some seats for the Charger game, (I live in So Cal) for myself and daughters.
Both are die-hard Dolphin Phans, and my youngest has never been to a NFL game, let alone a Dolphin game.

Hopefully we can stay healthy and improve despite the ownership and management.

Yes, CK I'll still "try" to make a game out in your neck of the woods this season too.... (if at all possible)

Go Dolphins!!

HELLO JOE!! YOU SCHEDULE IS FUNKIE WITH 6 OUT FIRST NINE ON ROAD IF PHINS HOLD THEIR OWN IN THOSE NINE GAMES THEY FINISH 5 0UT NEXT 7 AT HOME......THAT FINISH OF SCHEDULE COULD SET THE RUN FOR THE PLAYOFFS!! :)
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby Baglady » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Joe, doesn't sound like you care much for your Dolphins schedule - lol! No team wants to play @ MIA in Sept / Oct - TOO HOT and - HUMID, Bills and Jets games, adv MIA.
Glad the Colts game isn't till late Dec. For the record I'm thinking that game's a W - for MIA, it's a long ways away, we'll see.

CK, the Colts @ MIA game is right between Christmas and New Year's, don't think that will work for me to be there - will let you know...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:20 pm

It is most interesting to me that during the 2 lousy months the Fins have any kind of advantage at all, they've removed from our home. I'm no fan of sitting out in that sun, and it hasn't been much help to us over the past several years; however, at least we had the opportunity. With this new schedule, they've pretty much cut the team's legs at the knee. Of course, who's to say that our bonehead owner didn't ask to have the games out of Miami. Between he and Philbin the Ridiculous, they do stuff like that (in lieu of keeping guns to shoot players in the knees--OUR players in the knees).

Ms Bags and Try, I hope you are able to find a way to make it for a game, but the first thing I thought when I saw the date of the Colt games was about the holidays. Well, hope springs eternal, as it should be a great game. Try--I'll keep my fingers crossed.
kicks wrote:Wait? What? Miami has a football team? When did this happen? :lol:

Hey kicksie--you looking for a kicksie in your butt? I'm just the one to give it to you, smart boy... :lol:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Heh heh heh!!! 8-)
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:43 pm

kicks wrote:Heh heh heh!!! 8-)

BAD DOGGIE!!! :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Thank You for inviting us here CK. My wife and I went to the game the last time my Raiders played in Miami, the parking lot was 50/50... Raider/Miami fans. We had a great time, Fin fans even bought us a round of beers. You and I also have something in common...Epidurals. I love to chat sometime about your experience with them.
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:30 pm

R8der113 wrote:Thank You for inviting us here CK. My wife and I went to the game the last time my Raiders played in Miami, the parking lot was 50/50... Raider/Miami fans. We had a great time, Fin fans even bought us a round of beers. You and I also have something in common...Epidurals. I love to chat sometime about your experience with them.

It's great to have you as a new member of our Swiss Family, R8der. Yes, Dolphin fans have learned to make as much peace as possible with fans of opposing teams. With a few exceptions (like f'rinstance NE, Jets, Buffalo, Philadelphia and a couple of others), we've found it's easier to leave the stadium after a loss if we haven't riled up our opposition. Less sh*t we have to eat :roll: !

I hope you've never been harmed by an epidural! As you can see on my epidural page at my website, I am one of the unfortunates who developed Arachnoiditis from a botched injection and spent years without a diagnosis, but with accusations from doctors that I was a drug addict prima donna, and a slew of other ugly things until one orthopedic surgeon finally ordered an MRI, where it clearly displayed a moderate to serious case of Arachnoiditis webbing through my spine. I am now an activist, joined with other Arachniacs whose stories are sadly similar to mine, attempting to stop the cover up by doctors. Arachniacs are supposed to be 'statistically insignificant'--yet right there in facebook just one of our little groups has ballooned from five concerned Arachniacs to over a thousand in a really short period of time. You can email me at cklaurence@gmail.com, and if you want to call, let me know and I'll give you my phone number via email. Over the years, I've become quite knowledgeable about epidurals and the enormous damage they can do to an otherwise healthy person. Let me hear from you... :up:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Now for my Dolphin rant of the day... Ross, Philbin and crew have spent the past two years trying to convince the public that Tannehill is the one and only QB for us--franchise material, yada yada yada. Well, in the way this group has of changing horses midstream, contradicting themselves and taking any security the players have about themselves away as soon as they can--today the bonehead crew is questioning Tannehill's leadership abilities--stealing any confidence the poor guy (who because of the consistently awful lines he has had, has probably set a sack record--although he's gotten back up each time and continued playing. Now the poor kid is back at square one--not knowing WTF is going on--worrying about his position and Oila!!! Another weak link caused by the inept owner and his hand-picked group of administrators. Who the f*ck continuously sabotages his own team? :twisted: :down:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:06 pm

BTW r8der...When we played in the Orange Bowl, the row behind me was held for injured reserve players of our opposing teams, and believe it or not, the Raider players were consistently the most polite and by far the most fun of any of the teams that visited. Just sayin'... :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:55 pm

cklaurence wrote:BTW r8der...When we played in the Orange Bowl, the row behind me was held for injured reserve players of our opposing teams, and believe it or not, the Raider players were consistently the most polite and by far the most fun of any of the teams that visited. Just sayin'... :D

Thanks CK..I'll e-mail you sometime next week about the epidurals...I have some medical procedures this week.
R8der113
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:04 pm

kicks wrote:Wait? What? Miami has a football team? When did this happen? :lol:

Well, they do have a team.... whether they show up or not is another matter all together....
Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:10 pm

loutex wrote:HELLO JOE!! YOU SCHEDULE IS FUNKIE WITH 6 OUT FIRST NINE ON ROAD IF PHINS HOLD THEIR OWN IN THOSE NINE GAMES THEY FINISH 5 0UT NEXT 7 AT HOME......THAT FINISH OF SCHEDULE COULD SET THE RUN FOR THE PLAYOFFS!! :)

Yeah, I hear you, but it makes no sense to handicap "any" team with that kind of a start to their season... just sayin

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Baglady wrote:Joe, doesn't sound like you care much for your Dolphins schedule - lol! No team wants to play @ MIA in Sept / Oct - TOO HOT and - HUMID, Bills and Jets games, adv MIA.
Glad the Colts game isn't till late Dec. For the record I'm thinking that game's a W - for MIA, it's a long ways away, we'll see.

CK, the Colts @ MIA game is right between Christmas and New Year's, don't think that will work for me to be there - will let you know...

Yeah the schedule this season is far from my favorite in recent history.
The weather could play a factor late in the season, but will it matter at that point if we're trying to play catch up from the 1st half schedule?

The health of the teams will come into play for both teams that late in the schedule with the Colts, however all things being equal, the nod would have to go to Luck and the Colts...... just sayin'

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 am

R8der113 wrote:
cklaurence wrote:BTW r8der...When we played in the Orange Bowl, the row behind me was held for injured reserve players of our opposing teams, and believe it or not, the Raider players were consistently the most polite and by far the most fun of any of the teams that visited. Just sayin'... :D

Thanks CK..I'll e-mail you sometime next week about the epidurals...I have some medical procedures this week.

R8der113--Please don't have an epidural before you check out the *Epidural* page on my website. You can get straight to my website from Switzerland. I know that when you are in pain, desperation trumps logic, but try not to let them perform any needle/spine procedures or anything with dyes until you read (at the very least) that page. Good luck with whatever you are having done...

TryThinking wrote:
Baglady wrote:[color=#0040FF][size=150][b]Joe, doesn't sound like you care much for your Dolphins schedule - lol! No team wants to play @ MIA in Sept / Oct - TOO HOT and - HUMID, Bills and Jets games, adv MIA.

FURTHER TOWARD OUR SCHEDULE--more of the boneheads' ridiculousness. Ross offered the Fins up for London game second year in a row. So he gets more money, but we lose a home game AGAIN. The rest of the schedule is just plain screwed up and totally frustrating for any Dolfan (never mind the team). Our ONLY advantage is the heat during the beginning of season. So now we not only lose a home game to London, but we lose most of our hot weather games as well. I won't even address the problems with getting decent players! I am so frustrated. Football is my diversion from real life (or do I mean to say that football IS my real life), but with this goofball owner and his merry band of total idiots, I am terribly discouraged and rapidly losing hope. Goodness only knows how they'll f*ck up the draft.

BTW--to the entire Swiss Family--there will be a virtual feast throughout the draft here at Switzerland. Unlimited food and drink--including top shelf liquor, kegs of beer and a buffet with selections you've only dreamed about. In the morning we will have omelet stations, an assortment of breads (including bagels, croissant, rye and wheat breads); smoked salmon, cream cheese plain, with chives and with veggies; pancakes, and crepes. Luncheon will have several soups, sandwiches, tuna tartar and numerous hot meal choices. Dinner will be served throughout the late afternoon to midnight (and possibly beyond if the Family is still blogging. Various appetizers--hot and cold, a smorgasbord of seafood (including lobsters and stone crabs from world famous Joe's on Miami Beach), and of course, steaks--from filet mignon to NY Strip--all for your dining pleasure! You can eat to celebrate your team's selections or to bury your woes. Either way, you'll be able to chill with your team buddies AND eat virtually everything your hearts desire. Compliments of The Godmother, Keeping the Peace and good ol' Justice. Thank you so much for choosing to blog in Switzerland!!!

The weather could play a factor late in the season, but will it matter at that point if we're trying to play catch up from the 1st half schedule?

The health of the teams will come into play for both teams that late in the schedule with the Colts, however all things being equal, the nod would have to go to Luck and the Colts...... just sayin'

[i]Go Dolphins!!
[/color][/size][/i][/b]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:49 am

cklaurence wrote:
R8der113 wrote:

R8der113--Please don't have an epidural before you check out the *Epidural* page on my website. You can get straight to my website from Switzerland. I know that when you are in pain, desperation trumps logic, but try not to let them perform any needle/spine procedures or anything with dyes until you read (at the very least) that page. Good luck with whatever you are having done...

TryThinking wrote:
Baglady wrote:[color=#0040FF][size=150][b]Joe, doesn't sound like you care much for your Dolphins schedule - lol! No team wants to play @ MIA in Sept / Oct - TOO HOT and - HUMID, Bills and Jets games, adv MIA.

Thanks for looking out for me CK...no this procedure is dental...I have multiple problems with my health. I've read some of you pages on epidurals...I've had them done for 3 years...10 years ago. And I have some of the problems you do. I just had another MRI done...and they want to do more epidurals...too get me off the pain meds...like you...they think your a druggy, for wanting relief.
FURTHER TOWARD OUR SCHEDULE--more of the boneheads' ridiculousness. Ross offered the Fins up for London game second year in a row. So he gets more money, but we lose a home game AGAIN. The rest of the schedule is just plain screwed up and totally frustrating for any Dolfan (never mind the team). Our ONLY advantage is the heat during the beginning of season. So now we not only lose a home game to London, but we lose most of our hot weather games as well. I won't even address the problems with getting decent players! I am so frustrated. Football is my diversion from real life (or do I mean to say that football IS my real life), but with this goofball owner and his merry band of total idiots, I am terribly discouraged and rapidly losing hope. Goodness only knows how they'll f*ck up the draft.

BTW--to the entire Swiss Family--there will be a virtual feast throughout the draft here at Switzerland. Unlimited food and drink--including top shelf liquor, kegs of beer and a buffet with selections you've only dreamed about. In the morning we will have omelet stations, an assortment of breads (including bagels, croissant, rye and wheat breads); smoked salmon, cream cheese plain, with chives and with veggies; pancakes, and crepes. Luncheon will have several soups, sandwiches, tuna tartar and numerous hot meal choices. Dinner will be served throughout the late afternoon to midnight (and possibly beyond if the Family is still blogging. Various appetizers--hot and cold, a smorgasbord of seafood (including lobsters and stone crabs from world famous Joe's on Miami Beach), and of course, steaks--from filet mignon to NY Strip--all for your dining pleasure! You can eat to celebrate your team's selections or to bury your woes. Either way, you'll be able to chill with your team buddies AND eat virtually everything your hearts desire. Compliments of The Godmother, Keeping the Peace and good ol' Justice. Thank you so much for choosing to blog in Switzerland!!!

[i]Go Dolphins!!
[/color][/size][/i][/b]
R8der113
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)