AFC East Miami Dolphins

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC East Miami Dolphins

Postby loutex » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:53 pm

hello JOE and CK...just a drive by to wish you all the best in the draft tomorrow...hope you get the players you need to feel your needs of the team!! :up:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:46 am

I can't even follow a few of these quoted quotes. It's easy for me to get lost. Being a dog with a short attention span leads to...

Hey look a squirrel!!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:05 am

loutex wrote:hello JOE and CK...just a drive by to wish you all the best in the draft tomorrow...hope you get the players you need to feel your needs of the team!! :up:

Thanks for the visit, loutex! It's pretty lonely over here because there are only two of us. Just goes to show you that a consistently losing team does NOT keep fans--save for the most loyal of all! It's looking like that boils down to Joe and me. :(

I'll probably be watching the draft from the Switzerland Forum. Closer to the food and booze, so I'm thinking people will be going in and out pretty frequently. I was glad to see that they finally broke down and gave Tannehill his money. Such a cowardly bunch of creeps. They've left this boy without protection (and I DON'T mean condoms), allowed him to take a ton of vicious hits in every game because of that, stringing him along for four years and then try to get out of giving him his full worth. I'm telling you, there is just no end to their lack of class!!! :x
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby HutOne » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Good luck in the draft CK, this is the starting point for turning things around.
GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO RAVENS!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:24 pm

HutOne wrote:Good luck in the draft CK, this is the starting point for turning things around.
GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO RAVENS!!!

Thanks so much, HutOne. The big party will be in Switzerland Forum--that way everyone can share and no one has to go from room to room to gauge fans' reactions. Of course, those who wish to stick with their fellow fans and aren't interested in the Forum room can do that as well.Hope it's a really great night for everyone--I suspect there will be a number of surprises for all of us... :lol: -- hope it's all good!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:03 pm

cklaurence wrote:
HutOne wrote:Good luck in the draft CK, this is the starting point for turning things around.
GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO RAVENS!!!

Thanks so much, HutOne. The big party will be in Switzerland Forum--that way everyone can share and no one has to go from room to room to gauge fans' reactions. Of course, those who wish to stick with their fellow fans and aren't interested in the Forum room can do that as well.Hope it's a really great night for everyone--I suspect there will be a number of surprises for all of us... :lol: -- hope it's all good!!!

I posted in all the rooms that are active. Well, I didn't post in this one because I figure you already know CK. And that's 50% of the fan base here. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat May 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Where oh where is my special dear Try Thinking? The only other Dolphin ffan. I miss you!!! :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Miami Dolphins
Matt Darr P Tennessee
Mickey Baucus OT Arizona
Andrew Franks K RPI
Mike Hull LB Penn State
Zach Vigil ILB Utah State
Jeff Luc ILB Cincinnati
Nigel King WR Kansas
Ray Drew DE Georgia
Damarr Aultman WR Maine
Neville Hewitt LB Marshall
Christion Jones WR Alabama
Ellis McCarthy DL UCLA

there's some undrafted Free Agents for you CK
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby loutex » Sun May 03, 2015 2:12 pm

HELLO JOE AND CK, looks like the phins have them self some good picks in the draft this year...only if nfl would allow to draft coaches and owners you would probably be set!! good luck this year..
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Sun May 03, 2015 3:43 pm

loutex wrote:HELLO JOE AND CK, looks like the phins have them self some good picks in the draft this year...only if nfl would allow to draft coaches and owners you would probably be set!! good luck this year..

Now that's EXACTLY what I've been bitching about, loutex! You can have the best players in the entire world but with out coaches AND owner, we will continue to be a bullshit team. Killer!!!

R8der--thanks for the list. I'll hide it from the powers that be at the Dolphin camp, because they'd just throw it out and pick some other worthless creeps. It's tough being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby loutex » Sun May 03, 2015 8:30 pm

C K , know how you feel about them sorry coaches...had our share or them with the oilers and a ego owner in bud adams who cost us some good coaches... hang in there...good things will happen despite the idiots in charge :)
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby rdrJoe » Fri May 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Good afternoon Fins.

All those comment on Joe not liking the schedule? I'm a Raider 4 this lifer, so I am used to having the worst schedule every year. They send us to China if they could find any kind of excuse. Comes with the uniform. lol

All the best.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby loutex » Sat May 09, 2015 2:04 pm

HELLO C K...JUST A DRIVE BY TO SHOUT OUT A DAY EARLY.......
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby kicks » Mon May 11, 2015 2:30 pm

Ck!!! Hope you had a great Mothers Day there momma. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Fri May 15, 2015 3:13 pm

cklaurence wrote:Where oh where is my special dear Try Thinking? The only other Dolphin ffan. I miss you!!! :cry:

Working mega-tons of hours CK.
Got beat up a bit by some steel falling on me, mostly just flesh wounds..... maybe a tiny little fracture. ;)

As for our draft.....meh...... wasn't too bad, but we still have to deal with a POS coach that should have been long gone by now.
As we both know, that's not going to happen anytime soon..... unless we don't have a winning record this year, (setting the bar low) then he would FINALLY get the boot and we can turn the corner.

The one good thing I'm waiting to see is Brady having to look across the line and see Wake & Suh foaming at the mouth waiting to plant him in the ground. (I love seeing Brady get happy feet then go into meltdown whining mode on his line) If Jordan Phillips pans out, that could be a very ominous D-line coming after the QB. (hoping his previous back issues don't return)

I like Devante Parker for his ups and concentration, but he's not a world class burner, and we will need to see Tannehill get that ball DOWN FIELD!
We should have several quality wide out targets to choose from....

Jamil Douglas will need to step up and play hard if he's going to start for us. We did need a OG, I'm just not that excited yet about Douglas.

Bobby Mccain has lots of upside and should make the transition to the Phins right away. The only thing I see as a negative is his height.

Time will tell about our other picks.....

Go Dolphins!!
Last edited by TryThinking on Sat May 16, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby loutex » Sat May 16, 2015 8:11 pm

R I P GARO.......thanks for the great memories!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Wed May 20, 2015 12:54 am

So the Dolphins signed Tannehill through 2020........ (a closer look at why)

• Tannehill has improved every season, with his passer rating going from 76.1 as a rookie in 2012 to 81.7 and to 92.8 in 2014. He’s one of only four quarterbacks in the NFL whose passer rating improved each of the past three seasons. The others are Matthew Stafford of the Detroit Lions, Andrew Luck of the Indianapolis Colts and Tony Romo of the Dallas Cowboys.

• Tannehill passed for 11,252 yards in his first three seasons, the sixth-highest total in NFL history, behind only Luck (12,957), Peyton Manning (12,287), Dan Marino (11,431), Andy Dalton (11,360) and Cam Newton (11,299).

• Tannehill’s completion percentage of 61.9 so far in his NFL career is the second-highest in Dolphins history behind the 67.6 posted by Chad Pennington from 2008-10.

• Tannehill’s completion percentage of 66.4 last season was the second-highest in team history, behind only the 67.4 posted by Pennington in 2008.

• Tannehill became last season the first Dolphins quarterback other than Marino to pass for 4,000 yards in a season.

• Tannehill’s passer rating of 92.8 in 2014 was the fifth-highest in Dolphins history and the second-highest since 1993, behind only the 97.4 posted by Pennington in 2008.

• Even more impressive than his final numbers were Tannehill’s stats over the final 13 games of the regular season. He posted a passer rating of 97.8 from Weeks 4-17, which was the sixth-highest in the NFL during that span.

• Tannehill had six games with a passer rating of 100 or higher in 2014 (against San Diego, Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo at home, Oakland and Denver), two more than he did in his first two seasons combined.

• The Dolphins are 9-1 when Tannehill has a passer rating of 100 or higher. The only loss was the 39-36 decision against Denver last season.

• When he passed for 396 yards against Minnesota in Week 16, Tannehill took sole possession of second place on the Dolphins’ all-time list for most 300-yard passing games. Tannehill has eight such games, one more than Chad Henne.

• With 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 2014, Tannehill posted the third-best TD-INT differential in team history. Marino has the top two, with a plus-31 (48-17) in 1984 and a plus-21 (44-23) in 1986.

• Tannehill’s 392 completions in 2014 broke Marino’s franchise record of 385, which he had set in 1994.

• Moving to Tannehill’s rushing numbers, he will enter the 2015 season within striking distance of the franchise record for career rushing yards by a quarterback. Tannehill sits in fourth place with 760 yards, and trails only Bob Griese (994), Jay Fiedler (834) and David Woodley (771).

• Tannehill was the only quarterback in the NFL in 2014 to pass for at least 4,000 yards and rush for at least 300.

• Tannehill had four consecutive games last season with a run of 20 yards or longer, as he joined Steve Young and Michael Vick as the only quarterbacks in 25 years to accomplish that feat.

• After only three seasons, Tannehill already ranks third in franchise history behind Marino and Griese for pass attempts (1662), completions (1029) and passing yards (11,252).

• Tannehill needs only four touchdown passes to move past Fiedler into third place on the all-time franchise list for TD passes. Tannehill will enter the 2015 season with 63 touchdown passes.

• With 12 more starts, Tannehill will pass Fiedler for third place on the Dolphins all-time list behind Marino and Griese.

Now if we can hopefully cut the sacks down substantially, we just might have a shot at the division... (staying positive)

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby kicks » Wed May 20, 2015 7:51 am

39-36 decision against Denver? What is this boxing? :lol:

Hope all is well Try.
kicks
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 am

kicks wrote:39-36 decision against Denver? What is this boxing? :lol:

Hope all is well Try.

The game seemed like it! ;)

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby rdrJoe » Fri May 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Happy Memorial Day to all human beings.

We can never forget the cost of freedom and those who have and continue to pay the price for all Americans.

God bless.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Fri May 29, 2015 9:34 am

AFC East champs has a nice ring. Make it happen.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:03 am

kicks wrote:AFC East champs has a nice ring. Make it happen.

Sadly kicksie, the team is beginning the season the same exact way it has since Bonehead bought the team. They are hyping themselves constantly, looking toward and expecting to be in the playoffs again (((((she chokes on her words))))). Can't they just STFU and wait to see how it goes? They are beating their chests and still show a lack of class, much less any comprehension about building themselves up before they have shown any growth or improvement at all. So many years of starting off like this, then perhaps having one decent game (or not) and believing they are Supermen and go off predicting SB. Jeeeeesh! Just once, once only--all I ask is that they hold their tongues, er, maybe till they have 12 wins under their belt (hopefully the Pats won't have 13) and then say something like, "We are encouraged by the play by our team to date and hope it continues..."Too much to ask????????? :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:51 am

cklaurence wrote: Just once, once only--all I ask is that they hold their tongues, er, maybe till they have 12 wins under their belt (hopefully the Pats won't have 13) and then say something like, "We are encouraged by the play by our team to date and hope it continues..."Too much to ask????????? :roll:

I'm encouraged by the possibilities this year... ;)
How's that?

Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby kicks » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:47 pm

TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote: Just once, once only--all I ask is that they hold their tongues, er, maybe till they have 12 wins under their belt (hopefully the Pats won't have 13) and then say something like, "We are encouraged by the play by our team to date and hope it continues..."Too much to ask????????? :roll:

How's that?

Go Dolphins!!

You'se guys have a real shot this year to make some noise. (Using my gangster voice)
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:51 pm

kicks wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

How's that?

Go Dolphins!!

You'se guys have a real shot this year to make some noise. (Using my gangster voice)

You had me right up to "Youse guys have a real shot this year..." :?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:09 am

cklaurence wrote:
kicks wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

How's that?

Go Dolphins!!

You had me right up to "Youse guys have a real shot this year..." :?

I still think you will be better than you think.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:20 pm

[size=150]Kicksie--I surely do hope you're right! It would certainly give me a big lift! :up: [/size]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:26 am

cklaurence wrote:[size=150]Kicksie--I surely do hope you're right! It would certainly give me a big lift! :up: [/size]

I can't make a bold guarantee. But you guys look much improved.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:29 pm

kicks wrote:
cklaurence wrote:[size=150]Kicksie--I surely do hope you're right! It would certainly give me a big lift! :up: [/size]

I can't make a bold guarantee. But you guys look much improved.

Trying not to get my hopes raised--the let down every year is just too damned much... :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby loutex » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:43 am

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)