HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND OTHER THOUGHTS FROM MY HEART, C.K.

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND OTHER THOUGHTS FROM MY HEART, C.K.

Postby cklaurence » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Over the years of Switzerland--good, bad, but never indifferent as far as I am concerned, I have enjoyed visiting everyone. We've shared so many stories, personal, political, football for the most part--at least it was supposed to be that way--and I've loved and laughed, hated (not for long) and pouted, smiled (a lot) and always always had fun.

Not a day goes by that I don't come over and see who has come by to visit. Peace stays ready to deal with any crises should they arise (oh how I wish someone would sneeze too many times, something--anything?), but alas, it's been damn well near dead for the past several months.

I'll bet you think I'm going to yell "UNCLE" now, don't you (if anyone is there thinking anything at all). Well, hell, no! This southern woman is not bowing out. "Never say die," was my mama and daddy's motto (both are gone now, but I'm still carrying the banner). This 'hood is staying open. Fauxs and facebooks can come and go, but so long as my dollars hold up, I'm keeping Switzerland alive.

To Emeritus, dred, Try and The Lady, who with the exception of Emeritus come around less and less frequently--although I know Try is socked in with business (all work and no play makes Try a dull guy--I'm just sayin', Try ;-)--I thankful for your visits, regardless of when or how many. I love to see you whenever and wherever. Oh, and a special thanks to monec, who stopped by just the other day--it was a sight for my very sore eyes, and I hope you'll visit more often. I know it's happy times for you, as your Pats are pretty much a given (yawn) for the division (again) ;-).

To others who may still hoover, but choose not to say anything, thank you for caring, and any time you want to say hello, will be a very happy day for me.

For those of you who don't know, DEMONS will be released in the next few months by a new publisher, updated and with some changes, and the sequel has been taken by this publisher, so I do have a purpose to finish it and at last, I am working on it as well. I have that to be thankful for this Thanksgiving..

And now for my special Thanksgiving poem to all my Swiss Family--from the very beginning, to the good guys and gals, and the bad, to the troublemakers and peacemakers, to the haters and lovers, to those who made me laugh and those who made me cry:

ONE TIME A YEAR IS JUST FOR THANKS,
NO TEARS, NO WHINES, NO SMACKS, NO SPANKS.
NO PAIN, NO CRITICS, NO HUNGER, NO HURT
EVERYONE WEARS TO DINNER A SHIRT.

EVEN TO THOSE WHO WE MIGHT BE MAD
WE HOPE THAT ON THIS DAY THEY ARE GLAD
WE WISH NO ILL, NO HARM, NOT ONE THING UNKIND
THE TIES OF LOVE ARE ALL THAT MIGHT BIND.

FROM ME TO YOU ON THIS SPECIAL DAY
FROM MY HOUSE TO YOURS, MAY I FIND THE WAY
TO LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW DEAR YOU ARE TO ME
AND HOW MUCH I HOPE I WILL AGAIN HERE YOU SEE...

MY LOVE TO YOU ALL! <3
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND OTHER THOUGHTS FROM MY HEART, C.K

Postby PatsAsOne » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:24 pm

What a great message on a special day.

Life gets in the way sometimes, but I for one, will always be a friend to Swiss.

Godspeed to all!
PatsAsOne
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:02 pm

PatsAsOne wrote:What a great message on a special day.

Life gets in the way sometimes, but I for one, will always be a friend to Swiss.

Godspeed to all!

My dear PAO--I can't tell you what it means to me for you to have taken the time to come by and comment. It means so much to me to hear from you wonderful people who brightened so much of my time. I miss all the craziness and laughter terribly, and get so silly-sentimental on holidays! Thank you for stepping up and saying hello--you must be smiling from ear to ear because it looks like your insufferable Pats are coming in for the kill and going to be representing our damned division once again this year... Well, one thing for sure, we know it isn't going to be the Dolphins, lol. I'm so over it, I can even smile when I say it!
Have an amazing Thanksgiving, only the the very best to you and yours, m'love!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Yes you are correct, as you know I am and have been burried big time with work and life. Sometimes it 's a bit like swimming uphill against the current, but alas I have learned the lessons of treading water.
I look forward to the sequel as I'm sure that it will be as edge of the seat as the original.

I look forward to my next visit to Laurence manor.

Happiest of wishes to you and your family on this Thanksgiving day!
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Happy Thanksgivingeveryone. I hope yall have a good one.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:43 pm

I hope that everybody and their families have much to be grateful for today. Be thankful for the gift of those that you love. Happy Thanksgiving!
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Reecey wrote:Happy Thanksgivingeveryone. I hope yall have a good one.

Ah, my most darling Reecey...I must do one of my quick-poems to my first love of Switzerland, my Reeceykins:

Reecey oh Reecey, my dear Reeceykins,
How I miss you hear in lonely Swizzerlins,
Your smart alecky mouth and your warm, wonderful laugh
What a sad, sad, lonely, awful little gaff.

Each day I visit with the Reester in my heart
Keep hoping the Reeseman my day will start
Oh the tears, the crying, the hurt
To have seen he and Em chatting--I'd have given my shirt.

Perhaps tomorrow (it's another day)
Reecey will remember to come my way--
We know Switzerland will surely be here
Will you be visiting, Reecy my dear?????

HAPPY WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING, AND BEST TO YOUR DEAR TEAM, MY LOVE! <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:27 pm

[size=150]It was nice to see some of our old friends stop by and say hello in response to my poems placed throughout facebook yesterday. Thanks to anyone whose hangovers bring them over here today to visit here still. Thank you especially to those of you who were kind enough to leave a note to say hello and let us know you came by. It was great to see the little flurry of action--did this old broad's heart good! Love to all you hooverers as well!!! You made my day... <3

[/size]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby luko65 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:52 am

I am still alive!!! Just very busy and well, lots of personal things going on in life. Havent been this down since my mom passed away but it has to get better at some point!! Doesnt it. I am hoping so but wanted to stop by and say hello to anyone that may see this!!
luko65
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:12 am

Luko--how wonderful to see you! Thank you so much for coming by and visiting and I truly hope you'll make a habit of it (and bring some of the old gang back with you). It's been awfully quiet here for such a long time--Em and I have been holding the place together all on our own!
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been down. I had quite bout with depression myself this year, which seems to be inevitable with arachnoiditis. I tried to battle it on my own, but months went by and it just got worse, so my pain doctor finally gave me a medication specifically for a depression of that magnitude that wouldn't kill me in conjunction with the pain meds I take for the arachnoiditis. I don't really believe there is anything worse than depression, so I feel your pain, and I hope you can find a way past it. Don't be afraid to get counseling or to take something for it. No shame in getting help, and no reason to live with the agony of depression.
I'm here for you--you can always call (305-528-0036), and of course, I'm always around here at Switzerland to visit! I love you, kind sir... <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)