Suck for Luck

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Suck for Luck

Postby TryThinking » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:06 am

Dolphins are well on their way..... oh wait we got Sage.... nevermind...
With the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins choose Andrew Luck!
suck4luck.jpg
suck4luck.jpg (18.92 KiB) Viewed 6519 times
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Re: Suck for Luck

Postby Emeritus » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:10 pm

They could use some luck.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Try and I disagree on this. I believe the Dolphins need a lot more than Luck (of any kind)... :cry:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:27 am

I agree. Remember Harry Truman's desk sign, "The buck stops here?" In pro football the buck stops at the owner, in more ways than one. I don't know if the Dolphin's problems are solvable as long as the current owner has the team.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:39 am

cklaurence wrote:Try and I disagree on this. I believe the Dolphins need a lot more than Luck (of any kind)... :cry:

I have no idea what we disagree on?
The owner sucks and hope that he would sell the team. (that ain't happening anytime soon from what I can see)
The management sucks and should be changed.
The coaching staff sucks and should be fired before the end of this season. (now would work for me, but don't see that happening)
Then we get to the players.... and back to my point... it is long past the time to get a REAL QB and we have had our chances over the years and dropped the proverbial ball time and again! There quite possibly may be a very NFL ready chance to get a long term QB in the draft if we should happen to be in that position come draft time and if we pass on it again, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!
Yes we need to address any an all positions that we are weak in, however to pass up the chance yet again to get a "possible" top QB of the future would just be another nail in the coffin of the Miami Dolphins......
SUCK for LUCK!
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Sometimes the ignorance of our owner just smacks me in the face. He has chosen our game against the Broncos to honor Gainesville (UF--one of the most widely hated teams in Miami) for the anniversary of its National Championship (has NEVER honored The U for ANY of its championships OR FSU) at half-time. That means, they will be honoring THE OTHER TEAMS' quarterback at half-time!!!! So, considering he can't get Dolphin fans into the seats, he will be filling the seats with Bronco fans to see Tebow honored. Once again he takes another step toward destroying the possibility of the '12th man' in the house. How creepy can an owner get????? :down:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)