ANYONE INTERESTED IN DOING A SWISS FAMILY LEAGUE?

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

ANYONE INTERESTED IN DOING A SWISS FAMILY LEAGUE?

Postby cklaurence » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:33 pm

WE'VE BEEN TWO-STEPPING AROUND THE IDEA OF A SWISS FAMILY FANTASY LEAGUE THIS YEAR. LAST YEAR WE CHOSE TO SIT IT OUT, BUT OUR TWO PREVIOUS YEARS WERE QUITE SUCCESSFUL.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN EITHER CO-SPONSORING OR TAKING THE JOB ON THEIR OWN, STAND UP AND SPEAK UP, PLEASE. REECEY, ARE YOU OUT THERE? HOOVERER, SPIES, THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEANING TO SPEAK UP OR HAVE BEEN TRYING TO THINK OF A REASON TO COME BACK? NOW'S A GREAT TIME TO JUMP IN AND HELP US PUT OUR 2011 FANTASY TEAM TOGETHER.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Re: ANYONE INTERESTED IN DOING A SWISS FAMILY LEAGUE?

Postby Emeritus » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks, ck, but I'm unwilling to do the research necessary to do well at fantasy football. Besides, my fantasies are usually about being competent. Did you ever read The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, by James Thurber? One of the reasons that I picked Snoopy for an avatar is that he's the canine Water Mitty. In his imagination he's a flying ace, a world famous attorney, etc. All of that while lying on top of his doghouse. Thurber was one of my favorite authors. I recommend the Columbus Days stories. A Thurber Carnival is great!
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)