QUESTION FOR THE DAY

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: QUESTION FOR THE DAY

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:17 pm

As I understand it--correct me if I'm wrong, please--if they don't come to an agreement at the July 21st meeting, there will be a game or games lost. Whether it will affect the exhibition season only or rip into the regular season, I'm not sure at all...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:02 am

As I understand it, all of the teams who play each other in the first regular season game have the same bye weeks, so they can make up those games if necessary. There is also talk of moving everything back and eliminating the week off before the Super Bowl. Personally, I'm going to be out of sorts if one exhibition game is missed.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 am

I agree with you, Em. All this B.S. over quadrillions--while we shmucks sit outside the 'closed doors' holding our breaths about how many games we'll be able to give them give our money for via television (cable or direct tv) or ticket. I'm sorely tempted to throw the tickets back in their faces! Oh, and they incentives the are using to bring in new season ticket holders into the fold--dizzzusting! Infuriating! Downright demeaning to long-time season ticket holders like me... :evil:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 am

LOL, but look at all of the celebrities that the owners get to meet. The fascination with celebrities - people who are famous for being famous - is a mystery to me. Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about their trashy doings, but some people have nothing better to do than keep up with them.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Previous

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)