LUCAS OIL ROOM - GO COLTS!

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

LUCAS OIL ROOM - GO COLTS!

Postby cklaurence » Sun May 08, 2011 3:26 pm

THIS ROOM IS TO REPLACE THE 'COLTS SET EXAMPLE' ROOM. Certain Colt fans were uncomfortable with the tone of the "set example" part of that room title, so after much consideration, I came up with this topic name with hope that it makes all Colt fans happy! :up:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Re: LUCAS OIL ROOM - GO COLTS!

Postby Emeritus » Tue May 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I see that the Colts are being sued by a cheerleader that they fired. If that is all that they have to worry about, it will be a good year for the team.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Wed May 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Sour grapes! Only make the cheerleader look bad...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Thu May 12, 2011 8:53 am

On that Colts cheerleader, geesh, hired a yr ago and suing for lost wages. At $100 per game / appearance, that's a whopping $2,000 - max. Not to diminish $2,000 and it was her only source of income at the time (wonder how you live on that :roll: ????) but I'd suggest she put her efforts into improving her job skills - just my opinion....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Thu May 12, 2011 8:58 am

CK, thanks for the effort with the 'new' topic to make "all" Colts fans comfortable. Hmmm, now I just need to find some - tough to do these days, awfully quiet on NFL sites....
Befitting the 'Lucas Oil Room' topic, thought I'd share an image a friend sent me of our stadium. Looks better in it's original (larger) size but this is all I could get to fit here.
Attachments
lucas oil 4.jpg
lucas oil 4.jpg (90.24 KiB) Viewed 27991 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri May 13, 2011 10:19 am

Baglady wrote:CK, thanks for the effort with the 'new' topic to make "all" Colts fans comfortable. Hmmm, now I just need to find some - tough to do these days, awfully quiet on NFL sites....
Befitting the 'Lucas Oil Room' topic, thought I'd share an image a friend sent me of our stadium. Looks better in it's original (larger) size but this is all I could get to fit here.

Thanks, Bags. If you don't like the new name though, feel free to change the name if it's not a good one--I just like your stadium so much, I thought this might work! That's an interesting rendering you posted--in 'real life' the stadium is awesome! (Unlike Sun Life--if it is still Sun Life--which looks like anything BUT a football stadium any more.)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Sat May 14, 2011 8:01 am

CK, the topic name is great - believe we have enough Colts topics now - lol! Appreciate the props on LOS - we like it :D Just hope the SB is played there.... in Feb, 2012 AFTER a full regular season

Colts fans will miss seeing Offensive Coordinator / consultant / advisor Tom Moore on the sidelines :( . Appreciate all his contributions to the Colts success.... Hope he does in fact "retire" and isn't tempted by the Jets or any other NFL team.
Attachments
moore - manning.jpg
moore - manning.jpg (54.84 KiB) Viewed 27988 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat May 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Just stopped by to say hey on a lazy Saturday.

It's always sad to see someone leave the organization, but infuriating when they move on to another team (with all the team secrets)!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat May 14, 2011 1:02 pm

I understand the sentiments, but it is hard to move up to a head coach position without changing teams. Head coaches are generally hired because they were top coordinators somewhere else. It's just the nature of the business. Think how the Giants must have felt when their offensive coordinator Vince Lombardi left to coach the Packers and their defensive coordinator Tom Landry left to coach the Cowboys. It seems to be the price of success in the NFL Then there's the matter of all of the other teams wanting to raid you for free agents.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:14 pm

I keep posting over here in the Colts room, hoping my dear friend Ms Bags will stop by and drop a hello. I miss you Bags! <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 pm

cklaurence wrote:I keep posting over here in the Colts room, hoping my dear friend Ms Bags will stop by and drop a hello. I miss you Bags! <3

Hi there CK, was in WI last week on biz, jury duty yesterday - what an adventure - lol! Hoping there's an NFL labor agreement before Peyton (and I) retire! The talks this week sound encouraging - we really need some good news...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:52 am

I am so ready for the REAL business of football to start--and by that, I mean THE GAMES!!! Have you decided which one you want to attend in Miami this year, Ms Bags?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:36 am

CK, I love your attitude and confidence we will have the NFL games as scheduled :up:
Looking at the schedule, I'm thinking wk 1 should be a great game in Miami - wanted to pick one where I could pull for your Dolphins :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unless there's a conflict w/ work I'm hoping to be in Miami then. As always, I appreciate the invite and your generous hospitality....
The TX's game @ Indy is Dec 22 (Thurs pm - hmmm, have to think the schedulers expect a good game - could determine the div winner). Hope that's an OK time for you to visit here.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:10 pm

You know I've always pulled for your Colts when I'm up there. I'd love to be there at the game that clinches your division!Phins are playing 'away' those two weeks, so it would be perfect. Thanks for the invite!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:16 am

What a week in the NFL - after nothing, nadda, zilch during the lock out, hard to keep up w/ all the personnel moves in just a few days :? ....

Colts resigned Vinatieri and Bullitt to 3 yr deals :D :up: Expect Manning's deal to be done soon. Believe we offered Ball State's (Muncie, IN) former QB Nate Davis a 2 yr deal - competition for Painter???? Would have liked to resign C Session but no way could we have matched the Jags 5 yr, $30 mil deal (think they might have overpaid there...). And why oh why do ALL the Colts leftovers seem to sign w/ the Jags / Titans :?: :?: :?: Hasn't worked out too well in most cases.
Will be interesting to see if we can retain Addai, C Johnson and a few others. While I like our draft picks, just not much time to get them 'game ready' which favors resigning the vets....

Expect the unexpected??? Shaping up to be quite an interesting season - aren't they all. Hey, the NFL is back :D :D :D :D
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:12 am

8 straight preseason Colts losses and fans gripe about paying full price for preseason game tics :o :o :o

9 straight Colts postseason appearances - versus the preseason losses - which streak will end first :?: :?: :?:

And just why is Curtis Painter still on the Colts roster :down: :down: :down:

Random Colts type thoughts... :?
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Are there any teams that actually charge less for the preseason (that don't just charge more for the regular season to compensate, Ms Bags? Then another question. Would you rather win in preseason as the Dolphins tend to do, or at least split the games and then float into regular season like farts in a blizzard losing game after game after game--regardless of price??? Think about it... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:25 pm

CK, I'm not aware of any teams that charge less for preseason games but I'm not familiar w/ the pricing structures of all the NFL teams... My gripe is w/ the full price charged for the 'product' provided. :down:

I have no problem losing EVERY preseason game as long as the Colts remember to turn on the "ON" button once the regular season starts :idea:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 am

LOL@Ms Bags. I understand what you're saying. As I said over at the Swiss Forum, I think Ross and Sparano are going for the wins in preseason to get fannies in the seats. They've turned up the noise (although they still haven't given me back my Dolphin song--even though from what I saw, it was just about unanimous to get rid of the stupid Jimmy Buffet 'Fins to the Left' singy-songy. Yet, once they've killed off the first string in in preseason, wtf are they going to do in regular season??? I mean, really... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:31 pm

I'll be watching tonight and rooting for your Colts Ms Bags. Don't you worry about Peyton, he says he'll be ready come start of the season, he'll be ready!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:03 am

CK, I had other plans and still haven't watched the entire game. Was suprised the Colts were competitive ag the SB Champs. While Painter had some good stats, 1 decent quarter doesn't convnce me he's worth keeping. Has Peyton set the bar unrealistically high - probably but Painter in his 3rd yr has just been a big disappointment imo... I like the Collins signing, he's tough, knows the div and is a better "what if" QB than our other options. I do think Peyton will start wk 1 IF he believes he's in a place physically to help the Colts win ag what looks to be a much improved TX D....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Oh Ms Bags, I just saw the news about Peyton. He's officially out for the game this week. I am just sick about it. One of the naysayers is calling the Colts a 3-13 team without Peyton, which I think is just plain bullshit! First of all, they are taking it just a game at a time--it's a nerve regeneration issue, no new surgeries or anything like that. I'm hearing the brighter commentators all saying it's just a matter of time, that he'll be back and he'll be 100%! Chin up woman--I promise to hold your hand and see you through till he's back and running the show again...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 pm

dredwak
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:07 am

cklaurence wrote:Oh Ms Bags, I just saw the news about Peyton. He's officially out for the game this week. I am just sick about it. One of the naysayers is calling the Colts a 3-13 team without Peyton, which I think is just plain bullshit! First of all, they are taking it just a game at a time--it's a nerve regeneration issue, no new surgeries or anything like that. I'm hearing the brighter commentators all saying it's just a matter of time, that he'll be back and he'll be 100%! Chin up woman--I promise to hold your hand and see you through till he's back and running the show again...

Thanks CK, the thing that most bothered me were suggestions that Peyton would take a snap just to keep the start streak alive - grrrr :x :x :x . I'm not sure even Peyton knows when he'll return - hopefully sooner rather than later. No one is more disappointed and frustrated than Peyton at not starting. While Peyton is an awesome QB, he is one player on the team. I am a Colts fan and not going to bail on them because Peyton can't start one game. 3-13??? Could be but it's a long season. Injuries, luck (good and bad) all play a part.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:52 am

I can see someone like Brady (J/K and with apologies to all our Swiss friends past and present) doing something sleezy like taking a snap to keep the string alive, but I can't see Peyton doing it. Listening to Peyton talk about his neck the other day, in terms of "humpty dumpty,' he clearly understands the importance of taking care and letting it heal well enough before he sets foot against another team. The Texans want the crown in their division badly, and while I am in no way suggesting that they would be bush enough to intentionally hurt Peyton, tempers flare and once the heat is on, defensive players aren't necessarily thinking about anything but getting the ball back. Shit happens, we've seen it time and time again. I never understood players who (literally) took their lives in their own hands by going onto the field with a neck or head injury, against medical advice. Nothing is worth giving up your future (or your present for that matter).
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:03 am

Rough start for the Colts. :down: Even though I didn't get to see the game and expected the TX's to win, I had hoped the Colts would at least make it competitive :( - ugh.... Props to the TX's though - what a 1st half to start the season!
Lots of Colts fans are blasting Polian for not having a better QB option behind Peyton but no one expected we'd need it. HC Caldwell is getting plenty of criticism as well. We'll see how they respond this Sun in our home opener. Has to be better, right????
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:26 pm

I shall root for the opposing team, Ms B--just to make sure you have a fighting chance to win your home opener. I sure do feel as though you have a solid chance of winning this one. Intelligent coaches will be checking out the errors made in the first game and making sure they aren't repeated. On the other hand, you have seen the past several years at (as it is called this year) Sun Life Stadium a/k/a The House of DeJaVu, adjustments are out of the question and getting beaten at home is a pattern. As PAO would say, "God help us all!" :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 am

Ms. Bags: I am so so very sorry about the game last night. I watched till the bitter end and I was so sure you had it! Even with me pulling for you, it looked to be the game that was bringing the confidence back.
I don't know, but I do think that Peyton would be much better down on the field with his team. I understand why they might want him up in the booth, but his spirit is so important that it would seem to me having him with his guys, encouraging them and infusing his incredible will to win would be so much more important than having him up there. What's your take on that?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:06 am

CK, it's a different season in Indy than we've seen in a long time :( .... Loved that the Colts played the Steelers competitively and have improved each week. :)
Collins just hasn't been able to release the ball fast enough and hasn't had the timing right (or the time needed to develop it) w/ the WR's compared to Peyton and could not get it into the end zone.... Painter will likely start @TB next Mon which will be a big test ag a great D. Loved his 80 yd drive late in the game, hated his miss on a WIDE OPEN Garcon for a sure TD... we'll see how he develops. Peyton either thought he might be a distraction on the sideline or would have been tempted to grab a helmet and play but there's no one more frustrated than him this season. Love he's helping coach and he may move from the booth to the sideline as the season progresses....
And, I was especially impressed with how the Colts D played (without Bracket or Bullitt) in the Sun game. Angerer - 20 tackles alone! Addai getting more yards than Mendenhall :D
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:20 am

The Colts defense played heroically against the Steelers and the offense did all that it could without its leader. If the only thing that mattered was heart, the Colts would be undefeated.
Emeritus
MVP

Next

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)