APOLOGIES APOLOGIES APOLOGIES

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

APOLOGIES APOLOGIES APOLOGIES

Postby cklaurence » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:17 pm

FIRST, FOR THE GOOD NEWS...

THERE IS LIFE HERE IN SWITZERLAND! IT MAY NOT ALWAYS BE VISIBLE, BUT I KNOW IT EXISTS BECAUSE OF THE SEVENTEEN EMAILS AND SMAILS I RECEIVED BEGGING ME TO SHUT UP OR GET OUT :lol: . APPARENTLY, MY DEPRESSION GOT THE BEST OF ME AND MY DIATRIBE OF THE OTHER MORNING DEPRESSED EVERYONE WHO WAS HOOVERING AND/OR ON THE BOARDS.
I DEFINITELY GOT CARRIED AWAY, AND I FEEL JUST AWFUL ABOUT INFUSING MY POST WITH ALL MY TROUBLES. YOUR NOTES WERE SO SWEET THAT THEY (AND ANOTHER MEDICATION ADJUSTMENT ;) ) HELPED TO SHAKE ME OUT OF THE FUNK. NO MORE BITCHING EVER AGAIN, EVEN IF I GET DEPRESSED. I LOVE YOU ALL TOO MUCH TO DEPRESS YOU LIKE THAT, AND BESIDES, WE HAVE ENOUGH FOOTBALL DEPRESSION TO KEEP US GOING FOR QUITE SOME TIME IT WOULD APPEAR.

SO TELL ME--DOES ANYONE SEE AN END IN SIGHT TO THIS FASHLOOGANA NFL MESS????? I WANT FOOTBALL TO GET BACK ON TRACK SO WE CAN ENJOY THE DRAFT AND SEE THE SEASON START TO COME TOGETHER. AGAIN, MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES FOR MY LAPSE IN JUDGMENT AND INDULGENCE IN MY MISERY ON THE BOARDS. YOU HAVE MY WORD IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN! (BUT THANK YOU FOR CARING--EVEN THE 'TOUGH LOVE' NOTES. :shock: :P )
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Re: APOLOGIES APOLOGIES APOLOGIES

Postby Emeritus » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:01 pm

I can't speak for anybody else, but there is certainly no need to apologize to me, ck. I'm pleased that you trusted us enough to share it with us. It's been forever ago, but my parents used to say something like, "A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved; a joy shared is a joy doubled." It's what friends do.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:58 am

Thank you, Em. Next time I get the blues (which I hope is a long, long, long time away), I will smail you and vent privately. You are very kind. Meanwhile, I do feel much better and my coping skills are returning. Perfect timing too--my daughter and son-in-law arrive today for a ten day stay, and I want to be able to enjoy every second of the visit!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:25 am

Smail, ck.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:45 am

CK, no need to apologize.... hope you enjoyed your visit w/ your Dad and things are a bit better for you <3 . Thought it was Yogi Berra who said it but it could have been someone else :?: :?: :
"You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out but you gotta suit up for them all."
Applies to about everything in life and the dark days are what make the bright days a little brighter (imo)...

Em, I really like the expression from your parents, halfing the sorrows and doubling the joy :up: - good thought about friendship.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:19 am

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)