Happy Birthday!

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: Happy Birthday!

Postby 16Forever » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:53 am

EM - click the link, that's my profile...send me a friends request. I'll add you and then I can send you friend suggestions...TT, CK, Bags, Reecey, Dred, and lots of other friends.
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:00 pm

LOL. I already sent you one.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:07 pm

I was under the impression that Em had already tried FB and withdrew. Alas, don't forget Switzerland when you get back into it, Em--through thick and thin, we're always here.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:49 pm

LOL, don't worry, ck. I have no intention of hanging out there. I found that I still had a profile there, although it was covered with cobwebs. I'm just going to use it to get in touch with friends when I can't find them here. Frankly, I don't like the format there and strangers are always wanting to be my "friend." I still haven't been able to locate any groups that talk about football. But if the mountain won't come to Mahomet, Mahomet must go to the mountain.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:04 pm

I find (even though my settings are set to private) it puts you out there pretty well. Think about it. Even though you are set at 'private,' you continuously get friend requests from strangers :lol: ! How do they find you if you are 'private.' :roll:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:15 pm

LOL! You're asking the wrong guy. I don't even know how to contact the people at Facebook who actually ARE my friends! I can't even find a list of them, although I got about two dozen e-mails saying that they were. I'm afraid that you'll have to ask somebody else.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Yes I too stayed away from FB for a long time and then got in it to post some pics to friends from Faux because I was one of the early ones to bail on that hell hole. I kept the TryThinking name for there because that's the people I was talking to from Faux, it expanded a bit over time but I'm not exactly a friend collector on there so I try and keep it simple and small.

My family members talked me into doing one for them and I have used it over time to reconnect with old friends from the past. Coincidentally just 3 days ago I did a search on an old GF's name on FB and a group of them popped up with her name and I just sent the same msg to all of them if they had lived in my home town.... got an answer back in about an hour from her and we've been emailing back and forth for the last couple of days. Some time things just work out that way.... :up:
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:31 pm

I went back and tried to change settings so that I would quit getting e-mails saying that somebody had posted on my wall or whatever, but it didn't work. I found the Old Fox Sports Bashers II, a group that really doesn't like the current Fox Sports moderators, but their language is a little too lurid for me.
Emeritus
MVP

Previous

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)