Happy Birthday!

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Happy Birthday!

Postby Emeritus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 am

Happy birthday to 16Forever!

images.jpg
images.jpg (10.51 KiB) Viewed 23014 times
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Re: Happy Birthday!

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 am

DITTO to Emeritus. HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY AND MANY RETURNS, 16!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby 16Forever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:09 am

Well thank you VERY much Em and CK...it was actually yesterday 4/10...better late than never. I appreciate the thoughts...so how'd you know it was my bday? :D
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 am

By the way WTH with the Russian spammers? How'd they get through Switzerland's stringent immigration process?
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 am

16Forever wrote:Well thank you VERY much Em and CK...it was actually yesterday 4/10...better late than never. I appreciate the thoughts...so how'd you know it was my bday? :D

A little birdie told me :lol: ... How've you been?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 am

16Forever wrote:By the way WTH with the Russian spammers? How'd they get through Switzerland's stringent immigration process?

I don't know what's going on with that. I'm pretty sure it's set up so that before a person is able to post now, they have to be approved by Peace. How they are able to jump through his hoops is beyond me. PEACE? What's happening? (Inquiring Swiss Family Members want to know... :o )
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 am

Somebody (Glenda?) on the Patriots page mentioned it last night. I didn't see it until this morning, which is why it's a belated Happy Birthday!
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 am

"Little Birds" - "Glenda"...my oh my big brother really does watch LOL...CK, I'm doing well. I just referred a big piece of business to the Diplomat which reminds me to remind you that you still need to get up there for some R&R, or anywhere else for that matter :D

EM - I never go over there anymore, I'm one of the many victims of Fux Auschwitz.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes. I turned 47 but have the mind and maturity of an 11 year old LOL.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:46 am

I can remember being that age. I can't remember my late twenties or early thirties. It wasn't because it was longer ago so much as it was my recreation of choice at the time.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 am

You know I've got a pretty good memory, I can remember back to specific events as far back as 5 or so...I guess that's true of any age in my opinion. I just popped into the Pats page to see who posted my bday. It was Wanker, not sure who that is.

EM you on Facebook? There is a page over there for Fux exiles to congregate and exchange pleasantries..also a page that serves as a doormat for the cartoon character that ran the gas chambers at Auschwitz.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:00 am

I tried Facebook, but I didn't like it. I'm not interested in having thousands of "friends" and getting every detail of their days. I'm also not convinced of the security there. It's just a personal preference of course, but I won't be going back.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:13 am

Emeritus wrote:I tried Facebook, but I didn't like it. I'm not interested in having thousands of "friends" and getting every detail of their days. I'm also not convinced of the security there. It's just a personal preference of course, but I won't be going back.

I understand about not wanting to hear about the minutiae of someone's life, I don't get why some people do that but you can adjust your settings in a way that you don't get all that crap and you can lock your profile down pretty well. It has allowed me to connect with old friends I would have otherwise lost total contact with.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:55 pm

I haven't gone near Faux in years now. As for FB, I have those who feel compelled to dialog every time they go to the bathroom tuned out completely and only a couple of hundred of the myriad of 'friends' I've accumulated make it through my news feed over there.

I'm a little sad that FB seems to have nearly closed down Switzerland, but that's the way things go. I'm happy over here, and when old (and new--sometimes) members of the family come by, I'm always happy to catch up on what has been happening in their lives. I really thought over here we'd have a lot more discussion about the fiasco that is the 'talks' going on in the NFL, but I guess not everyone is as interested in the negotiations (so-called) as I am.

I remember a couple of years back, in Switzerland's heydey, I could get on the computer if I woke up in the wee hours and couldn't get back to sleep, and there was always convo here to take my mind off of bad dreams and life's other aggravations. During the day--when we only had the one thread going on, you practically had to wait in line to make a comment! Now you have to wait a couple of days for a response to a comment. I decided I would keep the site open though, for those of us who die hard and still enjoy keeping up with one another's views on football and other trivia, regardless of the pace. Who knows. When (and if) things get settled in the NFL and the season is restored, people might come back to this forum and old friends. We'll see...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:59 pm

16Forever wrote:"Little Birds" - "Glenda"...my oh my big brother really does watch LOL...CK, I'm doing well. I just referred a big piece of business to the Diplomat which reminds me to remind you that you still need to get up there for some R&R, or anywhere else for that matter :D

EM - I never go over there anymore, I'm one of the many victims of Fux Auschwitz.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes. I turned 47 but have the mind and maturity of an 11 year old LOL.

A stay in the Diplomat is very much on my mind. Do they take pets? We're having our house tented for a couple of days in a month or so and we need a place that we can stay in, WITH kids and pets. Probably two rooms. Diplomat would be ideal.

Also, we're working on a reunion in a year or so where I would need a rate, a block of rooms and a room or two for functions. That I will DEFINITELY book at the Diplomat!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby 16Forever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:30 pm

CK - I really wasn't into any social media until someone suggested FB to me, it's pretty cool to have reconnected with old college friends, colleagues from my Royal Cruise Line days among other groups of friends. It's cool to see their kids, etc, etc, too.

I think Switzerland has always been a specialized place for a core group of friends to hang out with. I'm sure things will pick up again once this damn lockout is over - insert violent gagging here. This is just ridiculous.

I can see if the Dip takes pets, our Westin doesn't allow pets but it's a property to property call. The Dip would be an awesome place to get together. When you're ready I'll hook us up with the right person there. Anything over 10 rooms per night qualifies for a "group discount".
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:50 pm

16Forever wrote:CK - I really wasn't into any social media until someone suggested FB to me, it's pretty cool to have reconnected with old college friends, colleagues from my Royal Cruise Line days among other groups of friends. It's cool to see their kids, etc, etc, too.

I think Switzerland has always been a specialized place for a core group of friends to hang out with. I'm sure things will pick up again once this damn lockout is over - insert violent gagging here. This is just ridiculous.

I can see if the Dip takes pets, our Westin doesn't allow pets but it's a property to property call. The Dip would be an awesome place to get together. When you're ready I'll hook us up with the right person there. Anything over 10 rooms per night qualifies for a "group discount".

The reunion will definitely be over ten rooms--and I've already promised them The Diplomat. As for the 2-room stay with pets and kids, that will be the place if they take pets--and if you could check that out for me, it would be awesome. Much appreciation!

As for FB to connect with the past--nothing like it in the world. I keep that for just that reason, although I originally signed on because my publisher insisted. All links to the author, you know--that sort of thing. I was completely floored when I started hearing from my past, and although my kids are mortified that their MOTHER is on FB, they just have to deal with it. I am not connected with it as some others though. Some people are really freaks about it. I don't know what makes folks think that the entire world wants to know their every waking schedule! I use it for my own agenda--posting inflammatory stuff and the like :lol: , but if I miss checking in for a few days I don't feel as though life is passing me by :roll: .

Forty-seven, huh? You are coming into the best years of your life! Fifty was absolutely empowering...at least for me. I felt as though I hit my stride, and I finally embarked on my writing career during that decade. I can't overstate how much confidence I found (and I was no shrinking violet before 50 :twisted: ). Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! It is also a point where the clock starts to escalate speed. You hear people talk about it, but you can't imagine it until you get there, and oh! Each year it gets a little quicker. Right now I feel as though it is spinning out of control :shock: . It is a great ride, though--better and better... :up:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby 16Forever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:13 pm

I'll find out about the pet situation and will let you know. To me age is a state of mind for the most part. I'm just going to switch gears career wise, I don't want to be doing what I'm doing for the rest of my life, meaning maybe the same kind of business but not sales. Retirement? what's that? I'll probably be a little gray haired old man driving a shuttle at the Dip :lol:
16Forever
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 pm

The BASTAGES don't allow dogs at the Dip! Sorry CK...
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm

16Forever wrote:The BASTAGES don't allow dogs at the Dip! Sorry CK...

[color=#00BF40]Thanks, 16. I'm guessing if they don't allow dogs, they definitely won't be crazy about the cat and the snake... :roll:
I understand your career issues. I decided to try to do 'one of everything' before I die and have been starting, finishing and starting anew for most of my life. Keeps me challenged. I also have the thread of politics and have worked presidential, gubernatorial, House and Senate campaigns nearly every cycle. It's good to change things up now and again. Maybe not so frequently as I have, but yes, now and again is good. I would greatly appreciate if you would stay with your present corporation for a couple more years, as I definitely plan on calling you in at points during that time, though...
[/color]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby 16Forever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:55 pm

LOL, I'll be here..."you just call out my name, and you know where ever I am...I'll coming running...blah blah blah" :lol:
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:10 pm

16Forever wrote:LOL, I'll be here..."you just call out my name, and you know where ever I am...I'll coming running...blah blah blah" :lol:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Hope you had a great birthday 16F :!: In my world, no counting, just a good reason to celebrate...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:16 pm

If I make a few more birthdays it will be time to start checking on the Guinness record. I can remember the last ice age.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:51 pm

I stopped counting a few years back. Sometimes I forget that I'm old!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Sometimes I forget, too. Last Saturday night I went to a Cajun party and danced all night. On Sunday morning I remembered.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:45 am

Bags - Thanks for your bday wishes!

EM - Thanks for posting on the 9ers board - kind words from a kind man...Targash is the last of the old crew still standing there... Those guys know me as 16F and IPP. I lost contact with several of my exiled brothers when we were all permanently deleted for NO valid reason. I had real email addresses for a few 9ers buddies but lost most of them when we were all marched into the showers that fateful day at Auschwitz. Burly, a Fins fan found a contact at Fux, Mr. Lou D'Emerilio and there was a gound roots email campaign to alert him about the events unfolding. He responded to Burly but no one ever heard back...no suprise. Apathy runs deep there.

PS - Age is a state of mind until you lose your mind while stumbling down the sidewalk holding on to your walker for dear life :lol:

Have a great day Swissies!
16Forever
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:21 am

EM FYI - not sure how long that will live, found a way to mask my IP address via SD. Not real hip hanging out there but the underground has a covert mission planned.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:22 am

Cool! I'll be watching.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 am

EM - I can "suggest friends" for you on FB...There are many, many people you'd know.

http://www.facebook.com/update_security ... 1231263614
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:41 am

I would appreciate that. I'd really just like to reconnect with friends from a few years back.
Emeritus
MVP

Next

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)