SWITZERLAND FORUM

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: SWITZERLAND FORUM

Postby HutOne » Sat May 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks Kicks, I'm making new friends and happy to post here!!! Denver is doing a bang up job in the draft so far, Hoping the draft will cheer up CK a bit. Walkers mother was ecstatic her son landed in Miami, not Cleveland!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sat May 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Alas...nothing would cheer me up short of Ross and Philbin quitting. I know it sounds really stupid of me, but all the greatest players in the world minus a decent coach leaves us NOTHING! I think of all the games we lost because that bonehead Philbin couldn't make a decision--just wandered around the sidelines like a fart in a blizzard. Making a decision was a constant problem for him--and by the time he finally made a decision it was not only too late, but the wrong one anyway. I'm just so frustrated...
HutOne wrote:Thanks Kicks, I'm making new friends and happy to post here!!! Denver is doing a bang up job in the draft so far, Hoping the draft will cheer up CK a bit. Walkers mother was ecstatic her son landed in Miami, not Cleveland!!!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby HutOne » Sat May 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Is everybody happy, come dance with me CK!
Attachments
DWTS 3.jpg
That's not me, over here!!!
DWTS 3.jpg (105.33 KiB) Viewed 13599 times
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Sat May 02, 2015 11:55 pm

HutOne wrote:Is everybody happy, come dance with me CK!

DAMN HUT LOOKS LIKE THAT MULE OF YOURS KICK YOUR ARSE AGAIN OR DID YOU FALL OFF AGAIN :lol: :lol: :lol:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby kicks » Sun May 03, 2015 6:38 am

Congrats UP. That was really quick to Veteran status. :D :up:
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sun May 03, 2015 10:47 am

Got my dancing shoes on, so I'd be happy to take a twirl around the dance floor, Hut! I'm so impressed with this new group of Swiss Family members. I don't think I've seen anyone jump to veteran in a long, long time. Y'all rock, big time!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: <3 <3 <3 <3
HutOne wrote:Is everybody happy, come dance with me CK!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun May 03, 2015 4:19 pm

So talk to me dearest members of my Swiss Family. Overall, is everyone happy with their teams' draft choices?

I was listening to the morning drive this a.m., and they were saying the JESTS now have the most powerful defensive line in the NFL. Had to pull over and throw-up on that one! Our AFC East is going to be pretty tough. (I can't speak for the Dolphins, but between the coaching changes and good drafts, even if we had decent coaches it'd be tough for us.) :oops:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun May 03, 2015 6:21 pm

[color=#008080]It's a ghost town here tonight--I guess everyone is relaxing after the rush of the past 2 days. Have a great evening everyone. I'm going to wind down myself rather than stay here talking to myself. See y'all tomorrow. Huge hugs to my Swiss Family... :up: <3 :D /color]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby HutOne » Sun May 03, 2015 9:49 pm

cklaurence wrote:[color=#008080]It's a ghost town here tonight--I guess everyone is relaxing after the rush of the past 2 days. Have a great evening everyone. I'm going to wind down myself rather than stay here talking to myself. See y'all tomorrow. Huge hugs to my Swiss Family... :up: <3 :D /color]

Most I'm sure are winding down to prepare for a new work week. Others like myself, are insatiable football freaks delving into the undrafted free agents our teams picked up. Of the 19 free agents the Ravens invited to camp, I believe 5 of those guys have a legitimate shot at making the team. Team in this case also includes the practice squad. The Ravens have a history of finding at least one gem that will make the 53 man squad! Take care CK!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby kicks » Mon May 04, 2015 10:05 am

cklaurence wrote:[color=#008080]It's a ghost town here tonight--I guess everyone is relaxing after the rush of the past 2 days. Have a great evening everyone. I'm going to wind down myself rather than stay here talking to myself. See y'all tomorrow. Huge hugs to my Swiss Family... :up: <3 :D /color]

It was a ghost town for about 14 months (save you and I, Ck) prior to the new group joining here. I'll take a few slow nights now and then.

Hope you had an excellent weekend. And everybody else as well.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Mon May 04, 2015 9:30 pm

UPYRS wrote:
Baglady wrote:
UPYRS wrote:Ready For The Draft To Start Back Up.....

UPYRS, KC fan? Have to figure your AV is a tribute to Lamar Hunt, my husband was from MO, Chiefs kind of a sentimental fav team (ex when playing the Colts or NYG) and Arrowhead one of my top NFL venues....

Yep Chiefs fan since a little before the Wolf Pack Days, It is my tribute to Lamar, who in my opinion took on the mighty NFL and kicked it's arse, the man was a Football visionary...Tell your husband to keep the faith. Peace Baglady

LH, totally agree w/ you on LH being a visionary, one of the true NFL pioneers. Keep the faith - always! A veteran in a month and I've been here 5 years, still working on it - lol! Peace to you as well ~
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby HutOne » Mon May 04, 2015 11:39 pm

Hey Kicks, what needs to be done in order to get the team logo next to the name on the Blog Rooms page?
HutOne
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Tue May 05, 2015 4:41 am

Ms Bags! Good morning--hope your day is special. Only 5 posts to go to hit Veteran. We will surely party down when you hit the magic number...

Swiss Family: Have a wonderful day all! Is everyone happy with your grades on the Draft? Do you believe they actually reflect the truth?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue May 05, 2015 4:45 am

kicks wrote:
cklaurence wrote:It's a ghost town here tonight--I guess everyone is relaxing after the rush of the past 2 days. Have a great evening everyone. I'm going to wind down myself rather than stay here talking to myself. See y'all tomorrow. Huge hugs to my Swiss Family... :up: <3 :D /color]

It was a ghost town for about 14 months (save you and I, Ck) prior to the new group joining here. I'll take a few slow nights now and then.

Hope you had an excellent weekend. And everybody else as well.

[color=#008080]So true kicksie! It didn't take long for me to get spoiled, lol. It sure is good to see the convos going on in the middle of the night, though. Love you--keep me in my place, babe. How quickly I forgot...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby YiRox » Tue May 05, 2015 5:34 am

Good Morning CK
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Tue May 05, 2015 5:39 am

Morning YiRox. How are you doing and most importantly, are you smiling about your draft picks?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby YiRox » Tue May 05, 2015 5:50 am

Little pessimistic about the totality of the selections. Really highs and really lows. I have to temper it with the fact of not many open roster spots and still a great number of returning starters.

'Fins looked like they are giving an effort, Or not?
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Tue May 05, 2015 6:25 am

Aw Yi, I keep saying it so you and everyone else must be super-tired of hearing it, but we could put together a team with Brett Favre in his peak years, and add all the best receivers you can think of--along with world class linemen and whoever else you can think of, but with Philbin coaching? We're going nowhere, FAST. What the Fins need is a cadre of new coaches (starting with the head coach) and a new owner to choose the new players. There must have been a helluva party (and please excuse my lack of respect) the day Green Bay pawned him off to the Fins. He'd been a nothing assistant coach for years, and I'm sure they were ready to dump him, but his son committed suicide and they had to keep him on at least another year, but the timing was perfect when his son killed himself. They convinced Bozo Ross he was practically the head coach at Green Bay, and Ross grabbed him. 1, 2, 3 years of losing teams later, Ross has given him a 2 year extension--like any other crazy person--keeps getting the same lousy results but keeps him regardless. Isn't that the definition of a truly crazy person? Keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. :roll:
YiRox wrote:Little pessimistic about the totality of the selections. Really highs and really lows. I have to temper it with the fact of not many open roster spots and still a great number of returning starters.

'Fins looked like they are giving an effort, Or not?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby YiRox » Tue May 05, 2015 6:34 am

Keep in mind CK, we hitched the wagon to Lil Hoodie for 25 games and it's taken a cast off HOFer and some serious hits in the draft, FA, and a change in management to get to where we are now. So I can feel your pain.

The previous was just a little try at a pick you up. But in those terms yeah I get you. F'in ownership doesn't even have a clue what damage is currently being done. Bring in brother Jeff Ross to do a roast of Dolphin management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Tue May 05, 2015 7:01 am

I would love to have a really nasty roast of the Head Bonehead on the Dolphin page! But it would just be me and Try Thinking--and we've made our feelings very clear (over and over again). Members of the other teams have enough to say about their own teams; but a roast here in Switzerland by all teams would be some good fun, yes? The only team that wouldn't have any complaints is the Patriots as they are always in ecstasy about their perfect team. Being in their Division, I hunger for the day they fall off the pedestal!!! I don't like cheating--and it goes back to the 60s (70s?) when their ex-con snow blower driver went out on the field and cleared a patch of snow for their kicker to take a 0-0 game to 0-3 so they could win--whereas when the Fins had a chance to kick, they left the snow there. Of course, there have been many more instances over the years since where they've beat other teams by unsavory methods. Life goes on though, and all they've ever received is a little smack on the hand.

Sorry. I apologize to any New England fans. I try to be objective and we have made it easy for all teams to beat us legitimately throughout the past 14 years, but that little thorn in my side. Any New England fans are welcome to throw a couple of rocks at my posts, tee hee. Love to everyone... <3 <3
YiRox wrote:Keep in mind CK, we hitched the wagon to Lil Hoodie for 25 games and it's taken a cast off HOFer and some serious hits in the draft, FA, and a change in management to get to where we are now. So I can feel your pain.

The previous was just a little try at a pick you up. But in those terms yeah I get you. F'in ownership doesn't even have a clue what damage is currently being done. Bring in brother Jeff Ross to do a roast of Dolphin management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue May 05, 2015 7:16 am

HutOne wrote:Hey Kicks, what needs to be done in order to get the team logo next to the name on the Blog Rooms page?

Yeah. I asked about that before. Something about a limited amount of room. Trust me, as a Bronco fan, we don't have one either. Send a PM to Peace and maybe he can talk to the web person. I think we could replace a bunch of them with just football team icons. Hope that helps Hut.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue May 05, 2015 7:26 am

CK, I think everything the Patriots do is suspect. This is the thing. History will not be kind to them. Years from now, generations from now, kids will be reading about all the things that are wrong with sports. They will talk of steroids for baseball. And the Patriots will have an asterisk next to all their accomplishments. All you have after death is your legacy. And it won't reflect well. I mean no disrespect to the fans. I know a lot of Patriot fans. I'm just calling it like I and many others see it.

My name is kicks and I endorse this message.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Tue May 05, 2015 10:00 am

G' Morning Swiss peeps, CK, kicks, YiRox (nice to *meet* you) et al.

CK, no disrespect but Philbin a "nothing assistant coach for years"???? He was the OC running one of the most prolific offenses in GB for 4 years prior to coming to MIA. He may not be the greatest NFL HC (N Turner was a great OC, HC not so much) but please don't diminish Philbin's tenure in GB...
Ummm, what kind of cheese would you prefer - ;) ! It's only May, keep the faith, Love ya <3
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Justice » Tue May 05, 2015 10:30 am

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

Justice

Postby Baglady » Tue May 05, 2015 5:37 pm

Justice wrote:Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

:up: :up: :up: :up:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby HutOne » Tue May 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Baglady wrote:

Happy 500dreth Bags!!! You've been a vet since day one! Darn, misplaced my kazoo!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby loutex » Tue May 05, 2015 9:54 pm

HutOne wrote:
Baglady wrote:

Happy 500dreth Bags!!! You've been a vet since day one! Darn, misplaced my kazoo!!!

betcha that damn mule ate it!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Wed May 06, 2015 6:36 am

Baglady wrote:G' Morning Swiss peeps, CK, kicks, YiRox (nice to *meet* you) et al.

CK, no disrespect but Philbin a "nothing assistant coach for years"???? He was the OC running one of the most prolific offenses in GB for 4 years prior to coming to MIA. He may not be the greatest NFL HC (N Turner was a great OC, HC not so much) but please don't diminish Philbin's tenure in GB...
Ummm, what kind of cheese would you prefer - ;) ! It's only May, keep the faith, Love ya <3

:D :D :D GOOD MORNING SWITZERLAND!!!!! ALTHOUGH MS. BAGS 501st POST IS PUTTING ME IN MY PLACE (EVEN THOUGH I STILL BELIEVE SHE'S GIVING PHILBIN MORE CREDIT THAN HE DESERVES :) ) IT IS NEVERTHELESS HER FORAY INTO VETERAN STATUS! CONGRATULATIONS DEAREST MS BAGS!!!! I KNEW IT WAS CLOSE, SO I'VE BEEN WATCHING CAREFULLY...

NATURALLY, WE ARE HAVING A VIRTUAL PARTY ALL DAY AND WELL INTO THE NIGHT TO CELEBRATE THIS MOMENTOUS OCCASION... sINCE THE DRAFT DAY FOODIES WENT OVER SO WELL, I'M ORDERING FROM THE SAME RESTAURANT. HOPE MS. BAGS LIKES SEAFOOD BECAUSE I GOT A WONDERFUL ARRAY OF VIRTUAL SEAFOOD; OF COURSE THE WILL BE A GRAND ASSORTMENT OF STEAKS AND CHOPS; PASTA AND CREPE BAR--AND DESSERTS THE LIKES OF WHICH I HAVE NEVER SEEN. (APOLOGIES TO ALL--I BROKE INTO THE BROWNIES WHEN THEY WERE DELIVERED THIS MORNING, ER, NOT TO MENTION JUST A TINY PIECE OF KEY LIME PIE--OH, AND THAT RED VELVET CAKE...TO DIE FOR)!!!

wHEN YOU ARRIVE, HELP YOURSELF TO A LIGHT BREAKFAST, OR IF YOU PREFER, THERE IS AN OMELET/CREPE BAR, ANY KIND OF EGG YOU DESIRE, SAUSAGES, NICE CRISP BACON--OH, YOU JUST HAVE TO SEE IT FOR YOURSELVES...

CONTRATS AGAIN TO MS BAGS, UTAH AND ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE REACHED VETERAN STATUS IN THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. (I'm heading over to the bar for a Bloody Mary or two to start my day.) PARTY ON SWISS FAMILY!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed May 06, 2015 6:38 am

kicks wrote:CK, I think everything the Patriots do is suspect. This is the thing. History will not be kind to them. Years from now, generations from now, kids will be reading about all the things that are wrong with sports. They will talk of steroids for baseball. And the Patriots will have an asterisk next to all their accomplishments. All you have after death is your legacy. And it won't reflect well. I mean no disrespect to the fans. I know a lot of Patriot fans. I'm just calling it like I and many others see it.

My name is kicks and I endorse this message.

AMEN!!!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby YiRox » Wed May 06, 2015 12:57 pm

RED 98
YiRox
Starter

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)