SWITZERLAND FORUM

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: SWITZERLAND FORUM

Postby Baglady » Wed May 06, 2015 1:43 pm

cklaurence wrote:
Baglady wrote:G' Morning Swiss peeps, CK, kicks, YiRox (nice to *meet* you) et al.

CK, no disrespect but Philbin a "nothing assistant coach for years"???? He was the OC running one of the most prolific offenses in GB for 4 years prior to coming to MIA. He may not be the greatest NFL HC (N Turner was a great OC, HC not so much) but please don't diminish Philbin's tenure in GB...
Ummm, what kind of cheese would you prefer - ;) ! It's only May, keep the faith, Love ya <3

:D :D :D GOOD MORNING SWITZERLAND!!!!! ALTHOUGH MS. BAGS 501st POST IS PUTTING ME IN MY PLACE (EVEN THOUGH I STILL BELIEVE SHE'S GIVING PHILBIN MORE CREDIT THAN HE DESERVES :) ) IT IS NEVERTHELESS HER FORAY INTO VETERAN STATUS! CONGRATULATIONS DEAREST MS BAGS!!!! I KNEW IT WAS CLOSE, SO I'VE BEEN WATCHING CAREFULLY...

NATURALLY, WE ARE HAVING A VIRTUAL PARTY ALL DAY AND WELL INTO THE NIGHT TO CELEBRATE THIS MOMENTOUS OCCASION... sINCE THE DRAFT DAY FOODIES WENT OVER SO WELL, I'M ORDERING FROM THE SAME RESTAURANT. HOPE MS. BAGS LIKES SEAFOOD BECAUSE I GOT A WONDERFUL ARRAY OF VIRTUAL SEAFOOD; OF COURSE THE WILL BE A GRAND ASSORTMENT OF STEAKS AND CHOPS; PASTA AND CREPE BAR--AND DESSERTS THE LIKES OF WHICH I HAVE NEVER SEEN. (APOLOGIES TO ALL--I BROKE INTO THE BROWNIES WHEN THEY WERE DELIVERED THIS MORNING, ER, NOT TO MENTION JUST A TINY PIECE OF KEY LIME PIE--OH, AND THAT RED VELVET CAKE...TO DIE FOR)!!!

wHEN YOU ARRIVE, HELP YOURSELF TO A LIGHT BREAKFAST, OR IF YOU PREFER, THERE IS AN OMELET/CREPE BAR, ANY KIND OF EGG YOU DESIRE, SAUSAGES, NICE CRISP BACON--OH, YOU JUST HAVE TO SEE IT FOR YOURSELVES...

CONTRATS AGAIN TO MS BAGS, UTAH AND ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE REACHED VETERAN STATUS IN THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. (I'm heading over to the bar for a Bloody Mary or two to start my day.) PARTY ON SWISS FAMILY!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

CK, thank you dear friend, what a spread :up:
Think this may call for extra gym time today - and tomorrow!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Wed May 06, 2015 1:47 pm

YiRox wrote:https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/investigative-and-expert-reports-re-footballs-used-during-afc-championsh.pdf

The Wells Report

Glad the report is FINALLY out. That said, the final score was 45-7, the psi of the footballs used made NO difference in the outcome of the game and no one can convince me otherwise.
Punishment for Brady and other NE employees? Not for me to say but their rep is no doubt taking yet another hit, goes w/ the territory.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby kicks » Wed May 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Baglady wrote:
YiRox wrote:https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/investigative-and-expert-reports-re-footballs-used-during-afc-championsh.pdf

The Wells Report

Glad the report is FINALLY out. That said, the final score was 45-7, the psi of the footballs used made NO difference in the outcome of the game and no one can convince me otherwise.
Punishment for Brady and other NE employees? Not for me to say but their rep is no doubt taking yet another hit, goes w/ the territory.

Yes it ultimately didn't impact the finality of the score. But its the intent that is concerning. They try to cheat at everything. All their SB victories are tainted. History books will not be kind. I sound like a broken record. Intent is so powerful. I shot you but you didn't die. But my intent was to kill you. Obviously this is a metaphor.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Wed May 06, 2015 5:38 pm

kicks wrote:
Baglady wrote:

The Wells Report

Yes it ultimately didn't impact the finality of the score. But its the intent that is concerning. They try to cheat at everything. All their SB victories are tainted. History books will not be kind. I sound like a broken record. Intent is so powerful. I shot you but you didn't die. But my intent was to kill you. Obviously this is a metaphor.

Well said kicks, I agree. Punishments will likely be handed out soon. Interesting the report was announced just AFTER the draft...
Right or wrong, legacies will be forever changed imo
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Wed May 06, 2015 7:20 pm

The 'intent' to cheat is most bothersome to me. The Patriots have had far to many incidents (that they've been caught at), and who knows how many for which they have not been caught. Whether or not the cheating affects the outcome or a game is IMHO completely irrelevant--the fact is that the team has made the effort to win through the dishonesty of cheating.

Yes, probably other teams have had their shtick, and so it goes--but for a single team to have been caught as often as the Patriots, there should at lasst be serious sanctions. I don't believe BB should be allowed to coach in the NFL. He has proven himself dishonest and thumbed his nose at the rest of the league because he has gotten away with so much. Any players that we know have been involved (even the darling of QBs, Mr. Brady) need also to be cleaned up and thrown out of the NFL. DAMMIT!!!! This is a sport that is looked up to by children (and not just the adult children). If a player is caught doing something illegal and is found guilty--no second chances, OUT they go. If they tightened up their standards and didn't keep drawing lines in the sand and moving them back to accommodate the more popular, top players, then this insanity will never stop!

We need honest coaches and clean players. Drugs, domestic violence, drinking and driving, homicide and everything else that has continued to escalate in the past years has got to be stopped. I love football so much--it is a tremendous joy to me; however, I am an honest person and can't tolerate the cheating. For me, it goes back to the 60s or maybe the early 70s, when the Patriots pulled the snow plow stunt (which absolutely did change the outcome of the game). I was devastated, and quite certain that the final score would have been put back to 0-0 and considered a tie, or perhaps, the Fins should have been given the win because they had not cheated. All the Patriot fans I've dealt with think that incident was a real hoot. Well, cheating = in any form is dishonest and not the least bit funny.

I think the game should not have been given to the Patriots (the Superbowl) even though they were clearly the better team. Apparently, they weren't sure enough that they could win and cheated again. They did deserve to take home the Trophy for that one. Our beloved :roll: Commissioner is right at the top of the continuing dishonesty in football. He too should be removed from his position and thrown out of the NFL. Every time he went up to announce a draft pick and the fans booed him--I just wanted to knock that smirk off of his face. For him to be making a salary the size of his when the game has deteriorated in so many ways during his tenure is unfathomable, and if this mess from the top to the bottom of the cesspool that football has become is not finally cleaned up NOW, then there will be no honor left in the game...

Well, I'll toddle on down from my soap box--I know I've said more than enough, but I am so angry about MY game being made a sham of by those on the inside, I can't just sit back and ignore the path it has taken. :shock: :cry: [
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed May 06, 2015 9:10 pm

kicks wrote:
Baglady wrote:

The Wells Report

:up: :up: :up:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby YiRox » Thu May 07, 2015 6:14 am

Good Morning.

As far as the Wells report and "that" team, it went a lot farther in pointing blame at them than I thought it would. Yes there should be a tarnish on Tom Terrific and the organization. Course, living in a fly over state I'm a little predisposed against anything that supports that whole east coast bias :idea:
RED 98
YiRox
Starter

Postby dredwak » Thu May 07, 2015 2:07 pm

kicks wrote:
Baglady wrote:

The Wells Report

i cant even spell metaphor...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu May 07, 2015 2:11 pm

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/05/07/cowboys-add-top-ot-prospect-officially-sign-lsus-lael-collins

this is so unfair...looks like our offensive line just got some depth... :D
dredwak
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu May 07, 2015 3:23 pm

dredwak wrote:http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/05/07/cowboys-add-top-ot-prospect-officially-sign-lsus-lael-collins

this is so unfair...looks like our offensive line just got some depth... :D

Wow!!! Congrats Dred. This is reminiscent of two years ago for the Broncos. Got all the great FA out there. Looked unstoppable. Got smoked in the Superbowl. Don't read anything into that.

You guys are gonna give the Seahawks a run for the money this year for the NFC. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu May 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Personally, I'm fed up with the years and years of THAT team cheating. If they're that good, why do they feel they have to cheat, anyway? Their 'intent' was clear in the SuperBowl, and the intent is the heart of the matter. They want to clean up the league, really? Start at the top. I got sick to my stomach when the sport that (IMHO) is "America's" sport is continuously tainted (By the same team) cheating with no real punishment assessed against it. I'm sure other teams do stuff that isn't always on the up and up, but look at how many times the Pats have openly cheated and gotten caught--which leads me to believe there are other attempts they've made for which they were not caught!

I want to see our lying dog of a commissioner fired. He makes an astronomical amount of money and more crap has happened during his tenure to take football to hell than in the whole life of the game. I wanted to cut him when the fans booed every time he came onto stage to name the teams' picks, and he just stood there smirking. BB? Done! He needs to be thrown out of the game. Brady? Made to retire and put an asterisk by all his cheating wins. It's not the outcome of the game, INTENT is everything!

Okay, I've said it.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Thu May 07, 2015 7:23 pm

UPYRS wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Personally, I'm fed up with the years and years of THAT team cheating. If they're that good, why do they feel they have to cheat, anyway? Their 'intent' was clear in the SuperBowl, and the intent is the heart of the matter. They want to clean up the league, really? Start at the top. I got sick to my stomach when the sport that (IMHO) is "America's" sport is continuously tainted (By the same team) cheating with no real punishment assessed against it. I'm sure other teams do stuff that isn't always on the up and up, but look at how many times the Pats have openly cheated and gotten caught--which leads me to believe there are other attempts they've made for which they were not caught!

I want to see our lying dog of a commissioner fired. He makes an astronomical amount of money and more crap has happened during his tenure to take football to hell than in the whole life of the game. I wanted to cut him when the fans booed every time he came onto stage to name the teams' picks, and he just stood there smirking. BB? Done! He needs to be thrown out of the game. Brady? Made to retire and put an asterisk by all his cheating wins. It's not the outcome of the game, INTENT is everything!

Okay, I've said it.

You should be use to it by now ck, it's been that way what seems like forever, surprised NoGoodAtAll hasn't already changed the Official Air Pressure of the NFL Football to the pressure that Tom McLady and the Putz were having the locker boyz air it up to. They change the rules to cover the Putz

and their organization, remember a few years back when Bernard Pollard rolled into his knees and Tom went down like cheap lawn furniture, well by the end of season they had the new McLady Rule protecting QB's from being rolled into, pretty much sums it up, it also tells me what kind of person McLady is throwing the locker room boyz under the bus. It's Only A Matter Of Time

Don't forget the TUCK rule...they dug up from the depths of the rulebook for him.....I haven't
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby HutOne » Thu May 07, 2015 7:58 pm

cklaurence wrote:Personally, I'm fed up with the years and years of THAT team cheating. If they're that good, why do they feel they have to cheat, anyway? Their 'intent' was clear in the SuperBowl, and the intent is the heart of the matter. They want to clean up the league, really? Start at the top. I got sick to my stomach when the sport that (IMHO) is "America's" sport is continuously tainted (By the same team) cheating with no real punishment assessed against it. I'm sure other teams do stuff that isn't always on the up and up, but look at how many times the Pats have openly cheated and gotten caught--which leads me to believe there are other attempts they've made for which they were not caught!

Okay, I've said it.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: Needs to be said, shame nothings done about it :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
HutOne
Rookie

Postby kicks » Fri May 08, 2015 7:39 am

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29m02 ... y-eyes_fun

This was from last fall with all the ice bucket challenges. If you haven't seen it. Its sooo funny. And if you have, it still makes me laugh.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri May 08, 2015 8:42 am

R8der113 wrote:
UPYRS wrote:

Okay, I've said it.

You should be use to it by now ck, it's been that way what seems like forever, surprised NoGoodAtAll hasn't already changed the Official Air Pressure of the NFL Football to the pressure that Tom McLady and the Putz were having the locker boyz air it up to. They change the rules to cover the Putz

and their organization, remember a few years back when Bernard Pollard rolled into his knees and Tom went down like cheap lawn furniture, well by the end of season they had the new McLady Rule protecting QB's from being rolled into, pretty much sums it up, it also tells me what kind of person McLady is throwing the locker room boyz under the bus. It's Only A Matter Of Time

Don't forget the TUCK rule...they dug up from the depths of the rulebook for him.....I haven't

Good morning to my Swiss family! Everyone but the NE fans feel as we do. The Tuck Rule was such a rubbish call!!! Brady the Lady has gotten more accommodations than any player I can recall throughout my lifetime. His unabashed acceptance of all the gimmicks in place just to protect him (I'd love to have seen Danny Marino play under the rules and behind the line the smiling little cheater has played. His records would never have been broken--least of all by this little worm--ever looked at his face when it appears he'll have to take a hit?). Brady has never stood up and told BB that he wants to play under the current rules, not make their own. That makes him every bit as bad as BB. My dream is to see him retire with asterisks all over his years of 'winning.'
I think maybe the Tuck Rule is one of the most obnoxious moves in his behalf of all. My question is: Where are the coaches of the other teams? Why have they not gotten together and protested the special treatment BB and his little girl QB have received? At least the coaches in our division that have to play them twice a year. It is unfathomable to me that they've been allowed to get away with all of it--going back to when the Dolphins were the lead dogs of our division and NE pulled the snow mobile bit. The INTENT was definitely to cheat, and it did affect the score of the game. NE got the win and it wasn't just that game that was ruined, but it impacted on the entire season as well.
I have no respect for the Kraft family. They are greedy punks that have condoned the cheating from day one. They're all getting richer while the game goes to hell. :cry: :roll: :break: :down:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Fri May 08, 2015 8:47 am

Funny-Picture-Spirit-of-Baby.jpg
Funny-Picture-Spirit-of-Baby.jpg (52.57 KiB) Viewed 18370 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri May 08, 2015 8:49 am

kicks wrote:
Funny-Picture-Spirit-of-Baby.jpg

Waittaminute!!! That's not MY grandson. :roll: It's a great picture though... :up:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Fri May 08, 2015 8:52 am

Just trying to lighten the mood a little.

:D :D :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri May 08, 2015 8:57 am

Yeah kicksie... We get to talking about THAT team and it does darken the mood. We should name you "Mood Man," keep you in charge of keeping spirits high. You're great, as always! :up: <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby loutex » Fri May 08, 2015 10:50 am

ON THIS DAY THE 8'TH OF MAY IN THE YEAR 2015 WILL NOW BE KNOWN FOR SWITZERLAND VETERANS DAY!! SO GONGRATS TOO ALL THE VERTERANS OF SWITERLAND :D :D :D
HAPPY VETERANS DAY!! :up: :up:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby kicks » Fri May 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Ooooh... Holiday? I'm at work. I want holiday pay for this. :lol:
kicks
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Ok, soapbox time.

I am a veteran. US Marines. I must put this out there so all the others that have served this country honorably get the recognition they so richly deserve.
I want to complain about the healthcare system in your local VA hospital. IT IS PITIFUL! if these men & women are to be treated like the heroes they are why do you have to wait 3 months for an appointment?

Has anyone gone down to your local VA hospital recently? The conditions are intolerable. Most of the facilities are out of date and in desperate need of renovation by bulldozer. I am in Colorado. Our new VA hospital is under construction. It is also ridiculously over budget and behind schedule. It is like the builder is looking for ways to delay the project and the VA executive board isn't handing out the money needed to complete the project. WHAT?

If your congressman/woman is a person of substance they should be outraged. I know that this is primarily a "Colorado" issue with this hospital BUT if this was a hospital where the senator or congressperson got treated it would not be sitting there incomplete. I suggest we write our legislators and tell them to get off the pot and get busy.

This is a SAD state of affairs. Our heroes deserve better.

off my soapbox now.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby kicks » Fri May 08, 2015 1:57 pm

That is awful. I know I have heard complaints from veterans all across the country that it takes way too long to get an appointment at a VA facility. That's just sad.
kicks
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Fri May 08, 2015 2:36 pm

kicks wrote:That is awful. I know I have heard complaints from veterans all across the country that it takes way too long to get an appointment at a VA facility. That's just sad.

This isn't a new issue, say six months ago a vet couldn't get admitted in a timely fashion for their various ailments and it's been reported some have died waiting for treatment. A halestorm of public opinion was raised, people were replaced and ............................ politics prevail. The bureaucrats appoint unqualified people to handle these positions and the veterans and civilians suffer.
HutOne
Rookie

Postby HutOne » Fri May 08, 2015 2:40 pm

kicks wrote:Ooooh... Holiday? I'm at work. I want holiday pay for this. :lol:

Don't be greedy Kicks, you know your work on this site is priceless!!!
HutOne
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri May 08, 2015 6:01 pm

loutex wrote:ON THIS DAY THE 8'TH OF MAY IN THE YEAR 2015 WILL NOW BE KNOWN FOR SWITZERLAND VETERANS DAY!! SO GONGRATS TOO ALL THE VERTERANS OF SWITERLAND :D :D :D
HAPPY VETERANS DAY!! :up: :up:

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby loutex » Fri May 08, 2015 6:53 pm

HutOne wrote:
kicks wrote:That is awful. I know I have heard complaints from veterans all across the country that it takes way too long to get an appointment at a VA facility. That's just sad.

This isn't a new issue, say six months ago a vet couldn't get admitted in a timely fashion for their various ailments and it's been reported some have died waiting for treatment. A halestorm of public opinion was raised, people were replaced and ............................ politics prevail. The bureaucrats appoint unqualified people to handle these positions and the veterans and civilians suffer.

:up: :up: :up: :up:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby dredwak » Sat May 09, 2015 3:24 pm

UPYRS wrote:
Jarhead93 wrote:Ok, soapbox time.

I am a veteran. US Marines. I must put this out there so all the others that have served this country honorably get the recognition they so richly deserve.
I want to complain about the healthcare system in your local VA hospital. IT IS PITIFUL! if these men & women are to be treated like the heroes they are why do you have to wait 3 months for an appointment?

Has anyone gone down to your local VA hospital recently? The conditions are intolerable. Most of the facilities are out of date and in desperate need of renovation by bulldozer. I am in Colorado. Our new VA hospital is under construction. It is also ridiculously over budget and behind schedule. It is like the builder is looking for ways to delay the project and the VA executive board isn't handing out the money needed to complete the project. WHAT?

If your congressman/woman is a person of substance they should be outraged. I know that this is primarily a "Colorado" issue with this hospital BUT if this was a hospital where the senator or congressperson got treated it would not be sitting there incomplete. I suggest we write our legislators and tell them to get off the pot and get busy.

This is a SAD state of affairs. Our heroes deserve better.

off my soapbox now.

Semper Fi

i guess its a crapshoot...the va care at the dayton va medical center is excellent...or i should say mine has been...the trick is to say "my knee is giving me chest pain" or "my sinus's are making my chest hurt" anything they might think your dying from gets you moved to the head of the line...if your prime care team isnt getting the job done go to the emergency room...the squeaky wheel gets the grease...sign up with https://www.myhealth.va.gov/index.html thank you for your service sir...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Sat May 09, 2015 3:29 pm

150122-tom-brady-presser-653p_c38834a20d791898e6fd0c7ad9033eb1.jpg
150122-tom-brady-presser-653p_c38834a20d791898e6fd0c7ad9033eb1.jpg (74.97 KiB) Viewed 18384 times
dredwak
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Sun May 10, 2015 7:09 pm

Patriots Super Bowl and AFC Championship rings are in.
Attachments
5ZmwJSC.jpg
5ZmwJSC.jpg (14.29 KiB) Viewed 18372 times
B8zrn3SCQAU-eTp.jpg
B8zrn3SCQAU-eTp.jpg (32.6 KiB) Viewed 18372 times
IckyIPA
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)