SWITZERLAND FORUM

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: SWITZERLAND FORUM

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:02 pm

FOOTBALL IS BACK! I KNOW THIS BECAUSE OUR ESTEEMED OWNER WROTE TO ME AND TOLD ME THEY ARE NOW IN THE PROCESS OF PUTTING TOGETHER A SUPERBOWL CALIBER TEAM... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NO, I SWEAR, THAT'S WHAT HE SAID!!!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 am

I think that the owners are aware that the fans are angry and they are trying to placate the fans. Some will be offering special deals and others will be relying on their usual BS.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:08 am

Dolphins' owner, Jackass as he continues to be, offers special deals and prices to bring in new season ticket holders and nothing-at-all but the bullshit to the rest of us who have held tickets forEVER. He's a real piece of work... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 am

What do you think about the Dolphins grabbing Kyle Orton?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:33 am

Em, I hadn't heard anything about that, but I did hear they took Reggie Bush from the Saints. I just don't get it. They let Ricky Williams go--our last RB sensation from the Saints, who has done nothing but show loyalty and a winning spirit for the Dolphins and pay a bundle to acquire Reggie Bush, who is on the way down, knows nothing about our team or scheme, has no feelings or loyalty to it; refuses to take Jason Taylor back, who is worth his asking price in heart and leadership alone and we're still STILL STILL in the damned QB/Wide Receiver quandary. I've already received TWO letters from Stephen Ross (our idiot owner) assuring me that we are on track for a Superbowl Win. This man is simply delusional, out of touch or downright crazy!!! (((((((((( :lol: :lol: :lol: Porky Pig Laugh rings Loud and Clear throughout the neighborhood :lol: :lol: :lol: )))))
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:11 am

LOL, it's hard to interpret your posts about the Dolphins owner as indicating anything but dislike. All that I have observed about him is that he seems more interested in hobnobbing with celebrities than improving the team.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:09 am

Emeritus wrote:LOL, it's hard to interpret your posts about the Dolphins owner as indicating anything but dislike. All that I have observed about him is that he seems more interested in hobnobbing with celebrities than improving the team.

You've got him pretty much pegged. You'd think that he'd want to have a winning team--even 'stars' want to be associated with winners and to attract the "A" stars, you've got to have an "A" team. That's why we've got Jimmy Buffet, Big Papa Pump, Jay-Lo and Marc Antony and no one with any real class--and well, I went on my loyalty rant yesterday on his treatment of players, which will eventually turn the team into a Buffalo forever. Such a sad obituary for a team that Joe Robbie gave his all to make a powerhouse... :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 pm

ImageImage
haha...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:39 am

dred, thanks for the 'url' info... love the pics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BB loading the roster to keep pace w/ the Jets? :|

CK, not sure why the Orton trade got stalled - Denver may still have to cut him to get under the cap. Matt Moore??? Based on your already ah, not so happy attitude :evil: bout your Dolphins ownership / coaches decisions :?: I hope someone has removed sharp objects from within your reach.

Hard to keep up w/ all the personnel moves this week....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 am

LOL, he ought to be smiling. He just parted a fool from a pile of gold.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:45 am

The Eagles snapped up the cornerback with the unpronounceable name that everybody was throwing money at. Since they were already loaded at the position, it means that they will have to bench a Pro Bowl defensive back. I don't know if they were just trying to corner the market, or if they just wanted to deny the Cowboys or Jets getting him.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:54 pm

If I get one more note from Bonehead Ross telling me about the team that he's putting together for the Superbowl run this year, I can't be responsible for my response... :evil:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:08 am

LOL. We're all testify that you were driven to desperate action.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:02 am

cklaurence wrote:If I get one more note from Bonehead Ross telling me about the team that he's putting together for the Superbowl run this year, I can't be responsible for my response... :evil:

dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 pm

IN any other circumstance switching allegiance from the Sea Eagles to the Cowboys would border on heresy.

But cheerleader Angela Nicoteri isn't heading to Manly 's northern NRL rivals - she's made history by becoming the first Australian woman accepted into the world-famous Dallas Cowboys cheer squad.

glad to see williams and barber released...im not sure what happened to barber...but williams just never fit...a big jones booboo...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:04 am

I think that Barber just wore out, as running backs usually do. The ones like Smith who last are really rare. As for Williams, he was a leak in the payroll. I agree that it was a good move in both cases. I really hate that the Texans let Vonte Leach get away in free agency. He is a rare blocking back who just destroys linebackers. He is part of the reason that we had the leading rusher last season.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 am

dred, you always seem to find the perfect pics to post here! Still (not so subtly) working on that cheerleader day here ;)
Always thought R Williams was overrated, we'll see how it works out w/ the Bears.... Some suggest a breakout season for D Bryant???
NYG haven't done much (kind of a stretch since about the only thing is resign Bradshaw....), S Smith not likely to play till Oct, O'Hara and Seubert cut and Osi likely gone :cry: :cry: :cry:

Em, I was shocked the TX's let V Leach go - bet A Foster didn't care for it much but might be good news for R Rice

Everyone seems to just want to hand the Lombardi to the ugh, Eagles... Vick is just an injury waiting to happen w/ his style of play and then they have V Young - he and the Philly fans should get along great :lol: :lol: :lol: ! But have to admit the Eagles D should be awesome...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 am

I'm not ready to concede the championship to the Eagles quite yet. In my opinion the free agency moves are really over hyped at this time of the year simply because there is no other news. Dan Snyder has won the free agency battles more often than any other owners, but how many championships has that brought the Redskins? I doubt that Samuels is going to like being a substitute cornerback, which could cause problems. Of course, the Eagles as the consensus choice will be disputed by Rex Ryan. His twin, now with Dallas, has already been mouthing off about it.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:08 am

the Giants passed on burress...Imagethats news... :D
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Didn't I hear that Plaxico was picked up by a NY team? :?: :?:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Rex Ryan, Jets offer Plaxico Burress a chance to start over with 1-year deal

dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Considering the fact that Vick is starting for the Eagles, taking a guy who served time for carrying a gun doesn't seem so bad. That the Giants didn't want him back speaks volumes about him.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 am

Yep. I knew it was ONE of those NY teams...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Dolphins Work Out Tiki Barber
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:09 am

dredwak wrote:Image

Dolphins Work Out Tiki Barber

Just when I think they can't get any dumber... (Hi Dred! Great to see you. Things seem to be picking up a bit here at last, thank Goodness. I was hoping once things got settled and it got closer to season we'd see a little more happening here...

Anyway, the Owner/Coaching team that I have begun referring to as Dumb and Dumber just keeps dazzling me with the idiocy of their moves. Just because Ricky Williams made a viable criticism (in an interview) of Sporano--and apologized immediately following, which there was no call for--they refuse to hire him back (even at a discount as Ricky offered), even though he has worked his guts out for this team for nearly his entire career, behaved admirably, been paid at the bottom wrung of salary scales, well, I've said it all often enough before--they've decided to spend ten million to get Reggie end-of-the-career Bush, get rid of Ricky and now, now they are working out Tiki Barber--who at the height of his career takes his good looks and sets out to Noo Yawk City to be Stahhhhrrrr. Turns out he shouda stayed in the game, but it takes him what? Five years to figure it out? What is the ONLY team that decides to work him out when they have Ricky right in their laps? Damn! Enter Dumb and Dumber--When the Fins are desperate for a QB, Receivers, a tougher line and has already blown the running back thing all to hell, they are still going to roll around the with running backs. I am so, so ready for this season to be OVER!!!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:39 pm

The Texans have five good running backs, including the one who led the NFL in rushing last season. If we only had a defense!
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:58 am

On Burress, HC Coughlin met w/ him privately about a possible return and guess it just wasn't a 'fit' for him to come back to the Giants. Coughlin has always been a pretty strict disciplinarian (going back to his BC days). Who knows what kind of shape Burress is in having just been released after spending 2 yrs in jail. And, let's not forget why he was in jail :down: (here is where "dumb and dumber" might be appropriate) .... Yeah, the Jets and R Ryan seem about right for him.

CK, you ready for the season to be "OVER" before it's even started - geeezuz, maybe you need a new team? Even though I really hesitate to give you any encouragement on this.... XM Sports Radio this week suggested Miami was interested in bringing in ah, yep, the guy that won't go away, B Favre - ugh. His agent says he is "retired" but we've heard that how many times :roll: :roll: :roll: ??? They went on to compare Favre to Elvis sightings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:31 am

Lady, congratulations on getting Peyton Manning signed to a new contract. I know that there wasn't any doubt about it, but it's good to have that out of the way so the team can focus on preparation. How do you think the division will do this season? I haven't checked all of the schedules.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:54 am

Em, some were surprised Peyton took LESS than what the Colts offered and will only count $16 mil ag the cap versus $23 mil under the franchise tag. Believe most could get by on $16 mil - lol! Just not sure why it wasn't done BEFORE the lockout???

On the AFC South, div games are always the toughest as we play each other so often. Objectively (if that's possible...), I hope to at least split our games w/ your TX's. A Johnson and A Foster both getting dinged this wk??? Sure hope we ALL have healthy squads going into the season. Titans w/ both C Johnson and Finnegan holding out, Britt either in trouble or injured - could be a total trainwreck in TN for new HC Munchak. Saw Garrard got hurt this wk so while always tough on D, not sure what to expect from the Jags. Your take on our div????
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:51 am

"You're from Miami?" Favre asked. "Don't you have anything better to do?"

obviously...not...
dredwak
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)