SWITZERLAND FORUM

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: SWITZERLAND FORUM

Postby cklaurence » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:36 pm

ABS (who I call Em now--"Emeritus" as he is) is around. He was having some problems with his computer and should be surfacing any time now. He's the only one (aside from Peace who was sort of put out of work) who stays regular here.

I hope that wasn't your swan song telling me you're off into the world again, never to be seen or heard from at Switzerland. Every now and gain Ms Bags has shown up--I do love her so much and wish she were here as she used to be...

Actually, I changed the website and the forum when I left my first publisher and the format change was all my idea. I thought it gave everyone a place AND offered the luxury of all posting on the same site, such as Switzerland Forum here. I can't remember the entire series of incidents that seemed to start the deterioration, but I know one of the earliest signs of trouble when that guy Orange somethingorother claimed he was dying and everyone was so gracious, collecting money and planning to do something really spectacular for him. Because it's my site, I am constantly vigilant for any little irregularities and there was some serious flirting going on between him and a couple of the regular females here (both of who left and took as many people as they could with them once I finally busted him). The flirting didn't fit for me when it came to a man who was allegedly dying and a deeply religious family person (married). I know what chronic pain is all about, and although I'm sure I'll appreciate a good looking guy taking interest in me until I die--no one takes precedent over the fabulous man I married, and certainly when I am in flares from my disease, I don't find much of anything but my next dose of medication titillating in any way.

Oddly enough, people were angry at me for calling him out and suggesting he take the back exit out of here while I locked him out of the front! Quite a bit of hostility--something which at one time the Swiss family thrived on--seemed to grow more and more out of hand and the harder I tried to bring it back it just continued dying a slow, but certain death.

The last straw, and I know this must sound really weird coming from me, was when Paulie left, He mad an announcement, which I kind of giggled over because he only came here to cause problems with me, but I couldn't help but enjoy his sense of humor and total lack of any remorse. I suppose I was stupid in that case as well because when he uttered his final good-bye swearing he would never be back again, I chuckled heartily and began my wait for him to once again come through here shouting about what a crappy author I am and making derogatory remarks aimed right at breaking my heart. So here't the deal with that one: He really did hate me, think I'm a crappy writer and was thoroughly finished with me and Switzerland and all who posted here. And then, sadly, there were only Em and I left...

As for the "Fins Up" sign, that was one of Ross's first follies. As everyone knows he brought in a bunch of 'star' owners (like of minuscule pieces of the team. Those owners walked in on the "Orange Carpet," another of his grande schemes and then he took our fight song away and replaced it with the perfect (hahahahahahahahha) football theme--a Jimmy Buffet song..."Fins to the left, Fins to the right, it's the only game in town while fans tried to figure out exactly what kind of a "fight" song that was, he did away with replays of great moments on the field and instead had cameras scanning the stadium to find the likes of J Lo, Mark Antony, Gloria Estephan, Jimmy Buffet and others known well for their love of football (NOT) with their hands over their heads in what was supposed to be the shape of a fin, shouting "Fins Up!" It was an abysmal failure and I'm reasonably sure the signs are nothing more than making mockery of one of Ross's many, many, many, many, many failures. He knows nothing about football and does not seem to care. He should have bought a movie studio because he clearly wants to rub shoulders (and whatever else) with the beautiful people...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:44 pm

At last! I finally have a computer again, with everything cleaned up and a different antivirus suite. I hope that it works. I was having everything redirected before, which made it impossible to do anything on my computer. It is great to see that Kicks was here. BBL.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby kicks » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Ck. I wasn't talking about Em when I mentioned ABS. I was talking about Absolute Truth. The Pats fan.

And no that wasn't my swan song. I am hoping that maybe I can get some new posters over here. Give me some time and I will see what I can do. I can't do anything about the old posters as that is out of my control of course.

I always thought that P9X (Paul) was kidding when he used to give you the business. I had no idea that he was serious. I remember the Orange Guy. I think his name was Orangeyouglad or something like that. I didn't follow the events that occurred here. People like to make stuff up on the internet. Why? Don't really know. Boredom I guess.

Em. Good to see you again. Glad you got your computer problems sorted out.

Carry on all.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:41 pm

I can't tell you how happy I am to see three of us here now! Thanks for offering to find us new blood, kicksie. I'd love to see this place liven up again!

Yes, yes--I'm so stupid, of course you meant Absolute Truth! We still keep in touch by private message, and although I've asked him many, many times to come back to Switzerland, he has never shown again. He and Em were always the anchors of sensibility. Em was from the left and Abs from the right, lol--I love them both!

Orange-u-Glad...that's him! He was a real trip. He had a very distinctive way of posting (and he was fairly illiterate). Once I booted him out of here (and whoever it was he was flirting with left), I'd see him around outside of Switzerland posting under another name. Everyone knew it was him and most avoided him.

For now, I'm very excited to see Em and kicksie around town--it bodes well for the future. Maybe Paulie will be next, lol. For sure I'll speak to Peace about coming around now that things here are looking brighter. Hugs for now, guys!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Hmmm... Peace, huh? Let me see what I can do.

Hey Peace...We all sprang from apes, but you didn't spring far enough.

:lol:
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Oops... did I say that out loud? Hee Hee
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:53 am

It's not that Peace is ignoring us, but he never really quit his day job. I'm going to tell him I have high hopes that Switzerland will live to breath another day. I know he'll be running back here to collect the $1.50 a day I paid him for his services!!!

It went all the way down to 60 last night (with a "feels like" temp of 57). Of course, at 9:45 a.m. it's already 70ish. We might go to my daughter's in Tampa Christmas time (they celebrate Christmas, I don't), and the temperature there has already gone into the 40s at night. I think I might like that...

My brother sent me an email today telling me that all the Fins have to do is win out the last two games and they are in the playoffs. Once I stopped laughing, I wrote back saying "That's ALL they have to do, huh?" As if!!! Our last game is here on the 29th--JETS. You know they are nasty when they're scorned and they are out of the race. They will be here with knives, guns and attitude, and if nothing else (if the Fins show up) it will be a real fight to the death. . .
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Em! So glad your computer problems are behind you and you are back here with us. It's so nice to see a bit of family back in place.
I spoke to a couple of other old family members and apparently there are glitches with sign ins, and they can't get back in with their old passwords--god help us all if I have an issue with this comp and need to find my way back in...big mess there! I have been advised that all people need to do is sign back in, change your username and password just enough (i.e., I would become "cklaurence1" then either use my old password should I remember it, or just make up a new one. It's that simple, so they say...

I have a strong, positive feeling for Switzerland and 2014, which I surely hope is correct. I've missed everyone so, so much. To all *hooverers, c'mon down, show yourselves and be part of our group once again! Much love to all, c.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:55 pm

We are expecting a temperature of 76 degrees on Christmas Day, so maybe we won't have a white Christmas. That's fine with me, since I hate cold weather and snow. It the only reason that I don't live in Vermont, where I would be in the political majority. It's beautiful country, too, but I would have to huddle by a fire six months per year. I want to congratulate you on the Dolphins season. They have surprised me as much as have my Texans, who took the season off. We will have a new head coach next year and perhaps a new general manager. It's a good thing that I don't get too emotionally involved in a team. Currently I'm involved in thinking about what I want to begin next year. I try to take up something that I've never done before every year. Some have been a waste of time, but some have become enjoyable hobbies. It keeps me from getting into too much of a rut.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:22 pm

My Phin emotions are so mixed. Of course I'd love to see my team get to the playoffs, but I am very much aware of the problems within the organization. It seems clear that Ross isn't going anywhere any time soon, but hope springs eternal that he'll sell it off for the right price should it drop into his lap. He can't seem to let that moron p.o.s. GM Ireland go, regardless of how dirty he is, so we keep them both and finally, the roster--which we know he will dump the best players from on a whim.
On the other hand, if the team does not win out the season, Ross might let Ireland and Philbin go. Ah, but that's another story for another day.
Big hugs everyone!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:07 am

I think that the Dolphins have their best years ahead of them. They have a lot of young players who will only get better. If Ross is smart enough to realize that winning sells tickets, he won't get rid of his talent for cash. Hopefully he realizes by now that there is a difference between owning an NFL team and the garbage business. If he can get over his obsession with celebrities he might eventually make a good owner. Time will tell. He's already better than Jerry Jones.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 pm

I sure do hope you're right, Em. We'll have to see what happens in the next two games and then off-season. He wuz robbed last off-season, with the helping hands of the GM and the Head Coach. We could be so much further along this year if they hadn't made so many STUPID moves.
I'm not going to invest my heart in next year so quickly--although, I will invest my funds into season tickets. If nothing else, I'm loyal! How're your holidays going? (That question is for everyone *hooverers included.) Hugs to all! <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 am

The holiday season is a little different for me. I'm a member of a liturgical church, so while everybody else is already into Christmas, I'm observing Advent. I'll light the fourth candle on my Advent wreath on Sunday and I won't put up a Christmas tree until Christmas Even. On the other hand, I celebrate the twelve days of Christmastide, but without turtledoves. Basically, Episcopalians observe English traditions, since we are not Church of England only because of the Revolutionary War. That's why we observe Shrove Tuesday instead of Mardi Gras, for example. Didn't Hanukkah end only a couple of days ago?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:22 pm

The first night of Chanukah was celebrated in the Laurence home on Thanksgiving. Josh was born on Thanksgiving, only the year he was born it fell on November 22nd, so we rarely have his birthday and/or Chanukah fall on Thanksgiving--just sometimes one and/or the other--such as this year. Anyway, it was good to have all four of the kids plus beeswiths together.

Looks like your Texans will be sitting pretty for the draft this year, eh? Dolphins can actually make the playoffs and possibly even have a home game. How totally screwy is that??? Killer. If that happens, I don't have the guts to think about it. We will be right where the Texans were this year. Out of luck, dealing with a coach who...OMG! Someone shoot me--I can't face another year of mediocrity and going nowhere fast...

Hope you are well. I am exhausted! Hugs to all--hey, where'd kicks go???
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:29 pm

So I can finally let my breath out now. The Dolphins' season is most assuredly over and done.

Regarding business: PEACE! PEACE, PLEASE--IF YOU STOP BY, PLEASE NOTE THAT ON THE HOME PAGE OF THE FORUM, THE ICON FOR MY WEBSITE IS THE NOVEL 'THE QUARTERBACK'S DEMONS,' AND IT SENDS ONE TO THE NOW DEFUNCT QUARTERBACK'S DEMONS' WEBSITE. WE NEED 'THE MYSTERY OF JESSICA BENSON' NOVEL PLACED UP THERE TO HAVE THE CURRENT NOVEL DISPLAYED, AS HOPEFULLY, WITHIN THE NEXT SIX TO EIGHT MONTHS THE SEQUEL SHOULD BE OUT. :oops: Can't believe I'm just now seeing that!!!

Looking forward to hearing from any and everyone who might be around, and if I don't see or hear from anyonE until after Christmas, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Should I be alone here until the New Year, HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS, WITH ALL MY LOVE, c. <3 :up:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:48 am

Happy Monday, happy holidays to all who *hoover, and those who have moved away; to those who come here regularly and irregularly and to anyone who shows up by accident!!!

I'll be streaky with my visits for the next few days, but I will be checking in to see what's going on (or not, lol). If people are writing, I will write. If not, I won't; but you can bet I'll be thinking of everyone.

It's hard to believe that no matter how hard they try, the Fins still haven't totally beat themselves out of the playoffs. I'm not a big fan of parity to begin with--who's the genius that figured a bunch of 8/8 teams would be most attractive to playoff fans??? Sorry about the Texans, but I know a Denver fan who must have a big fat smile on his face right about now...

Love to all who walk this way, c.k. <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:32 pm

Who me? Smiling? :D Yes!!!

I do like the Texans. They are like family in a way. Not as much now with Kubiak gone. But I always wish them well. Unless they are playing the Broncos of course. I am stunned that they have fallen so far this season. I thought they would be in the mix for the SB this year. Its literally quite unexplainable. Hope they bounce back next year Em!!!

Sorry about the Dolphins loss CK. They still aren't out of it yet. There is always hope. I wouldn't count them out yet.

Happy Holidays to all!!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks, kicksie! I appreciate your kind words about the Phins, but my gut is really twisted about what the best thing for the Phins is. I can't help but think that the only way we are going to ever see the team cleaned up and a get total reorganization will be if they lose out the season. The problem with that is, I believe Ross is the beginning of the problems and until he leaves, it's only going to be more of the same with sub-par coaching and players. If we wangle our way into the playoffs on the backs of others losses, well, you know the drill...

Have a very Merry Christmas kicks. That goes for everyone else as well, regardless of the holiday that's celebrated. <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:44 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS CK and all the Swiss folks, hope everyone and your family is enjoying a wonderful holiday season!
Just a quick stop and a little Christmas NFL humor (if my attachment shows up). Merry Merry all ~
Attachments
Christmas NFL.jpg
Christmas NFL.jpg (53.21 KiB) Viewed 11187 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:42 pm

As usual I ate too much and today I'm taking the day off. It's early afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas. I'm pretty sure that Christmas isn't supposed to be about gluttony, but we tend to abuse it. At least have the rest of Christmastide - up until January 6 and the start of Epiphany - to get it right. I just wish that had a football team to watch.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Ms Bags! What a wonderful holiday surprise--and I love love love your Christmas humor!!! You should be making your yearly pilgrimage in the not too distant future, yes? Perhaps this year we'll find a way to see one another. I do so miss you and our wonderful chats...

We had Christmas in Tampa with Em and Craig and might even stay for the New Year. It's been wonderful and I've loved every holiday minute. Kicks, Em--no drinking and driving on New Year's Eve--I want to see everyone safely return in the new year. With bundles of hugs and loads of love to any *hooverers, and all of the Swiss Family, past, present and future, c. (f/k/a THE GODMOTHER :-) .)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Sorry CK. I really thought you guys would get that #6 seed. Well... now the pressure is off I guess and you can just enjoy the games without the emotional investment. Have a great New Years yourself!!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Happy New Year 2014.png
Happy New Year 2014.png (71.54 KiB) Viewed 11269 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:54 am

I really wasn't counting on that seed or any playoff spots. In fact, in my own messy mind I was hoping we would do poorly and that some magic would occur that would cause that p.o.s. Ross to take immediate action. I should have known better. All the firings and progress being made by other teams has done nothing to light a fire beneath Ross. All I've heard is more rhetoric with no action--the same end-of-season routine of the past several years. By the time he gets around to looking for a GM, Coaches and whatever else we need, they will all be taken and the ones that are left won't want to come to Florida anyway. So totally depressing!

The good news is that I have so many other friends with teams in the race that I get to watch their games and really enjoy them without the misery of worrying about the Fins (as you pointed out to me). Lots of time to get on to my writing and finally get the sequel out as well. Tons of knitting for grandson due in March is the only other thing on my agenda. Alas, and the long wait to a new season with no bright expectations...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:48 pm

I'm just going to watch the rest of the games as a football fan, without really pulling for anybody. Hey, it's better than no football at all. The Texans have a new head coach and, since they will have the first pick in the draft, it is assumed that they will take a quarterback. I'm sure that there will be pressure to take Johnny Football, since he is the local favorite, but I don't know if he would be the best fit, in spite of his gaudy statistics. System quarterbacks are what are sought now, and I don't know how he would fit with the system of the new coach and his offensive coordinator. I still haven't figured out what caused the sudden meltdown of the Texans, who had shown so much promise.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:07 pm

I understand how you feel about the meltdown. To see a team zooming up the charts as the Texans were, drop like a bomb.
Football has grown curiouser and curiouser. Aside from the fact that the game has changed so dramatically, what with the constant calling of penalties, the annoying slowdowns from replay and so-called parity. It has become something to watch between lengthy commercials--and don't worry if you miss it the first time, they will play it over and over while the talking heads bore us to tears with their constant babbling. Unfortunately, they really are babbling--there's very little information given about the game. Oh, and worse yet! All of a sudden the commentators are home boys. When I listen to the game locally, I do it because I want to hear my homies rooting along with me as well as calling the game;however, when I watch a nationally televised broadcast, I get really pissed off when the announcers are rooting against my Fins.
Then there's that niggling guilt running through my mind because I really wanted the Fins to lose those last two games. I was in no way convinced that their phenomenal come-back (barely beating lousy teams by a couple of points) was anything near phenomenal. I saw a struggling team froml the first game to the last, with no uniformity or sense of winning throughout even a game, much less a season. Now all we're hearing is babbling from the media about a big shake-up, that is sounding less like a shake-up and more like a tweak as time ticks by...
Happy new year all. Kicksie and Ms Bags are in the playoffs, so that's a good thing. Someone just has to do away with the darn Patriots!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:21 pm

I am going to assume that the Pats will travel to the Broncos for the AFC Championship. (No offense to Bags of course but I gotta believe in my team). And I am going to assume that @ the Broncos the Pats will fall. Heck, if it wasn't for a muffed play in overtime, we shoulda beat the Pats at NE. I am thinking Bronco vs Seattle in the SB. Seattle is great at home but that won't help them in a neutral site in the SB. Broncos over Seattle. That's my New Years wish.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Hey kicksie! Ms Bags feels the same about the Patriots as the rest of us. She's an Indianapolis fan, a Giants fan and when (if?) all else fails, she's a Peyton Manning fan. I believe she's stuck on Indy right now.

We're all waiting for the "big shake-up" in Miami, lol. How many other teams have already fired and replaced coaches and GMs, while Ross is still spinning his wheels while fans squirm in their seats. I made the joke on facebook about a couple of janitors worrying about their jobs because the big shake-up is coming, but it's not really very funny. By the time Ross gets his wealthy butt into gear, it will be too late (again) to find decent people available, and should he find someone decent, they will run for their lives--just like last time. How many people have turned Miami down already? I've lost count! I know Harbaugh told him to go far away and leave him alone, as did Peyton. One after another they pulled their covers over their heads and refused his phone calls. What a gawd-awful mess he's made of my dear team... :roll:

Looking forward to watching the playoffs with absolutely no pressure AGAIN--as I have for years now...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:48 am

Just a quick drive-by to say "Hi!" I'll be back when I get my ducks in a row.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby kicks » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:35 pm

I hate when my ducks aren't in a row. Running around all hither and tither. If I see any of your ducks this way Em, I will send them back your way.
kicks
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)