SWITZERLAND FORUM

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: SWITZERLAND FORUM

Postby loutex » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:32 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Wishing all a Happy Fathers Day

how true that is....my youngest daughter just turned 14 and the shotgun is in the closet waiting for that brave young lad to come and ask her for a date...... :lol: :lol:
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby loutex » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:37 pm

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL!!
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:07 pm

SLIGHTLY BELATED, BUT WITH LOVE AND WISHES FOR ALL YOU FATHERS IN SWITZERLAND TO (have had) A WONDERFUL FATHERS' DAY AND TO HAVE BEEN NEAR OR WITH THEIR KIDS TO ENJOY THE DAY. LOVE TO ALL...

(NO BRUNCH OR DINNER HERE, BECAUSE I FIGGER YOU'VE ALL GOT GREAT STUFF GOING WITH YOUR OWN FAMILIES. MEANWHILE, THE SEASON GROWS CLOSER EVERY DAY! WHOPEEEEEEEE!!!)
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:55 pm

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

AS SEASON DRAWS CLOSER AND THERE'S SO MUCH MORE TO TALK ABOUT, I'M ASKING THAT ROOKIES AND VETERANS ALIKE GET OUT THERE ON THE OTHER SPORT BOARDS AND TRY TO DO SOME RECRUITING--THE MORE, THE MERRIER (OF COURSE).

WE WILL (IN ADDITION TO REGULAR SPORT TALK) BE SEEING MORE OF THE POLLSTER AND GAMES FOR YOU TO ALL ENTER INTO RIGHT HERE, AND WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO PLENTY OF FESTIVITIES THAT THE NEWBIES HAVE YET TO SEE.

I KNOW KICKS AND UTAH HAVE ABOUT RUN THE ROUTE WHEN IT COMES TO RECRUITING, BUT I HOPE WE CAN BREAK THIS STAGNANT '131' MEMBERS THAT WE'VE BEEN STUCK AT FOR MONTHS. IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BE AN INCREDIBLY COMPETITIVE YEAR AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THINGS HERE JUMPING AND HAVING A GREAT YEAR. SO MANY TEAMS AND SO MANY WAYS TO GO... :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:50 am

Happy Birthday Try. Hope you have a great day!!!!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:21 am

HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS, TRY--AND A HUGE THANK YOU SHOUT OUT TO DEAR KICKS FOR PUTTING IT OUT THERE SO I KNOW ABOUT IT!!! <3 <3 <3

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT HAVE THE BENEFITS OF WORKING FROM HOME (AS I DO) YOU ARE SO VERY LUCKY NOT TO HAVE TO TO WATCH THE REPORTING OF THE BRADY/PATRIOT 'APPEAL', I WILL TRY TO KEEP YOU POSTED IF I CAN STOP VOMITING LONG ENOUGH...

THE UPSHOT OF THE WHOLE GIG (APPARENTLY) IS IF HE DOESN'T GET HIS OWN WAY AND GET HIS WAY, HE WILL ('HE' IS COLLECTIVE FOR THE ENTIRE PATRIOT ORGANIZATION IMHO) BE GOING TO THE FEDERAL COURT TO APPEAL. TALK ABOUT YOUR BASIC ABUSE OF THE COURT SYSTEM! JUST WHAT IT HAS TIME FOR - UH, DUH, DECIDING HOW LONG TOM BRADY NEEDS TO BE SUSPENDED - SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 0 AND 4 GAMES FOR ALLEGEDLY CHEATING! REALLY, THE NAUSEA IS OVERWHELMING ME!!! :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :oops: :oops: :oops: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:37 am

Sweet baby boy Brady believes he's been railroaded and claims to be innocent of everything. EVERYTHING!!! :twisted:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:26 am

He might get off. The organization is guilty as hell but it will be hard for them to prove that he ordered the deflation. That's why Kraft dropped his appeal. The team (yet again) got busted.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him found guilty. Because I believe he is, but it will be hard to prove.

Enjoy your day CK. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby HutOne » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Ha, Ha, Ha they really thought they had you this time Tom, to think they thought you were a cheetah!!!
Attachments
Dawgs 11.jpg
Dawgs 11.jpg (74.95 KiB) Viewed 17163 times
HutOne
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Really? It takes more than 30 seconds to figure out that Brady is a liar (even under oath) and he is guilty as f*ck??????A month to go through *ALL the evidence and make a decision? IMHO they are making all this fuss so they can justify letting that smug little bastard off AGAIN!!! :twisted:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:24 pm

FOR ANYONE WHO IS UNAWARE, TOM DALLAS LOST HIS WONDERFUL COMPANION KOKO A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO. HE POSTS ON FACEBOOK, BUT I'M NOT SURE WHETHER HE EVER COMES BY SWITZERLAND.
ANYONE WHO KNOWS TOM, KNOWS WHAT A KIND AND SPECIAL MAN HE IS (EVEN IF HE IS A DALLAS FAN :roll: )--SO I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO BE AWARE OF HIS LOSS.

*It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all... <3 :break: <3 <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:05 am

cklaurence wrote:FOR ANYONE WHO IS UNAWARE, TOM DALLAS LOST HIS WONDERFUL COMPANION KOKO A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO. HE POSTS ON FACEBOOK, BUT I'M NOT SURE WHETHER HE EVER COMES BY SWITZERLAND.
ANYONE WHO KNOWS TOM, KNOWS WHAT A KIND AND SPECIAL MAN HE IS (EVEN IF HE IS A DALLAS FAN :roll: )--SO I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO BE AWARE OF HIS LOSS.

*It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all... <3 :break: <3 <3

Wow!!! Dred, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your best buddy. Damn, that's hard. I know how much you loved Koko. And yes, CK, he comes by here on a fairly consistent basis.

He was loved. And he gave you love. And the best gift he gave you was all the wonderful memories that you will have for the rest of your life.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:52 am

kicks wrote:
cklaurence wrote:FOR ANYONE WHO IS UNAWARE, TOM DALLAS LOST HIS WONDERFUL COMPANION KOKO A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO. HE POSTS ON FACEBOOK, BUT I'M NOT SURE WHETHER HE EVER COMES BY SWITZERLAND.

Wow!!! Dred, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your best buddy. Damn, that's hard. I know how much you loved Koko. And yes, CK, he comes by here on a fairly consistent basis.

He was loved. And he gave you love. And the best gift he gave you was all the wonderful memories that you will have for the rest of your life.

Thanks dear kicksie. Nothing more devastating than losing a family member and KoKo was just that for Tom. I think about him constantly and hope all the beautiful memories of his gorgeous pal help to sustain him through this dark period...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:42 am

Losing a pet is almost as bad as loving a human loved one. Not the same but there is an emotional attachment to both.
kicks
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:28 pm

thank you...

swiss.jpg
swiss.jpg (225.46 KiB) Viewed 17157 times
dredwak
All Pro

Postby loutex » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:54 pm

DRED ,sorry to hear about your lose of your best friend koko :( :(
GO TEXANS
loutex
Starter

Postby IckyIPA » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:13 am

Wanted to send this out to,
All the great people of the Switz :P
Attachments
images.png
images.png (18.72 KiB) Viewed 17150 times
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:28 am

A Special Happy 4th to,
A Special Doll Fan <3
Thanks for all YOU have given us CK !
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (13.61 KiB) Viewed 17150 times
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:37 am

I never knew Icky was a model????
kicks
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:43 am

If I were a model, I would look something like this Kicksy
Attachments
download (4).jpg
download (4).jpg (6.72 KiB) Viewed 17142 times
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:05 am

IckyIPA wrote:If I were a model, I would look something like this Kicksy

Ahem!!! Kicksy?

Ok.. On a serious note. It has been 3 months since Mel last posted anywhere. That was 4/3 on Facebook. If anyone has his email please try and get in touch with him.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:22 pm

IckyIPA wrote:A Special Happy 4th to,
A Special Doll Fan <3
Thanks for all YOU have given us CK !

Icky...that is sooooo sweet! When I first saw your post, I thought for a split second that the guy in the towel was that miserable, spoiled brat cheater, Tom Brady (excuse me for a second, I just threw up in my mouth). Then I realized it wasn't and I was overwhelmed with gratitude. Thank you so much for your good wishes and I hope your 4th of July weekend was every bit as wonderful as mine... <3 :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:40 pm

dredwak wrote:thank you...

swiss.jpg

Dred: I can't get your beautiful KoKo out of my mind. He was such a beauty--I'm sure his leaving this world has left many,, many holes in people's hearts. So many of us share your loss because we're so fond of you--and where there is you, there is KoKo, and it will always be that way.
Big, big hugs and much love! <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:56 pm

Dred...I know the feeling...I received this, when mine passed.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

R8der113.......
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:29 pm

R8der113 wrote:Dred...I know the feeling...I received this, when mine passed.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

R8der113.......

That is so sweet and loving!!! As I read it, I thought of all the little buddies of mine who I will hopefully see again when I reach the other side. I remember each and every one of my beloved pets--including Rebecca the Turtle, my Dalmatian (going back to when I was 3) my fish tank collections (both salt and freshwater) and Jaez, my very special Keeshond, who I rescued from her miserable owner.

I remember seeing some real cruelty to the most harmless little doggies and kitties, and I'd adopt as many as I could! I even have a Ball Python now who my baby wanted after seeing him hatch. When he went off to college, he left Football (snake's name) with me and my hubby and he's about 15 years old now!

Thank you so much for telling us about the Rainbow Bridge--it paints a beautiful picture of where all our friends are now and makes me smile thinking that perhaps that day will really come... :up: <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby R8der113 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks CK...don't tell anyone...don't want to ruin my Raider image...we are suppose to be the bad guys...LOL... Have a great weekend down there in Miami.
Rich
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby kicks » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Anyone following that Jared from Subway story? Messed up if its true. Subway will stop advertising its footlongs and focus on the 6 inchers now. Jared will give them out for free to any minors he finds.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Too soon? :lol:
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:49 am

R8der113 wrote:Thanks CK...don't tell anyone...don't want to ruin my Raider image...we are suppose to be the bad guys...LOL... Have a great weekend down there in Miami.
Rich

When we were in the Orange Bowl--oh those many years ago--the row behind me was for the opposing team's injured reserve players and families. Of all the teams, and this is the honest truth, the Raiders' players were the most polite of all teams! They were the most amiable, most decent group and we always looked forward to the years we played them.

I would say Philly, Jets and Buffalo (it was before the Patriots found their 'voice') were the worst rowdies and nastiest of fans. The Raiders were consistently great. So we here in Miami knew the truth about your team, long before you outted it here in Switzerland.

These last couple of months are torturous! Cannot wait for the games to begin!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:07 am

Philly fans threw snowballs at Santa, CK. That's hard core. Not surprised about the Jets fans either. Kind of shocked about Buffalo.

Rich is good peeps for sure.
kicks
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)