SWITZERLAND FORUM

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: SWITZERLAND FORUM

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Hey guys. trying to get more people for our pickem league over on yahoo. You guys are all invited to join if you want. tell others too. We are using confidence points so don't forget to assign a value to every pick.

Group ID: 9854
Name: Swiss Broncos
PW: manning
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Thank you so much Kicksie. You always make me happy. It's not my cup of tea much ether, but I gotta tell you this piece of erotica is funny, moving, loaded with sex and you know how I love those twists at the end. I won't send you one if you aren't interested my love, but if you change your mind, just let me know--I'll send you a copy post haste!
kicks wrote:
cklaurence wrote:
kicks wrote:Ok CK, I liked it. One question though, "Muffy"????

Muffy is my co-author, kicksie...my "cousin" Chrissy Laurence is me, lol. Muffy has written in the erotica genre for some years now, and asked if I would consider writing with her. I had written a draft of an erotica novel and the two of us collaborated and turned it into an EiYiYi, definitely bestseller material novel. It will be up in kindle form in the next two or so days and about a week or two later in book form...

Well, I threw a like your way to help the cause. Not really my cup o tea. But for a good friend, I will do what I can.

Hope you do well.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby rdrJoe » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:10 am

In case I don't get time tomorrow, hope you all have a great weekend. All the best, always.

Peace !
rdrJoe
Veteran

Postby kicks » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:30 am

New record set Monday Sept 14. There were 42 of us online at the same time. Smashed the old record. Good job.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby Keeping The Peace » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:22 pm

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

Reminder to everyone that uses this forum:

This was created for passionate football fans everywhere to be able to gather and talk/cheer for their respective teams.

It was created for a location to also meet new people that you may not otherwise have.

The owner of this website has paid for all the costs for many years now to be able to make that happen.

It has been an avenue that has enabled many over the years, in this location and the previous variations an opportunity to post your thoughts and opinions about football, (and other topics) free of trolls and ads.

We address them as soon as possible should they arise and handle them with appropriate actions. Those actions run from warnings and timeouts, all the way to banning and deletions.

For all those that choose this forum to use for your football fill, enjoy and be respectful for all the others that are here.

Thank you,

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Postby cklaurence » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:57 am

It really makes me happy to see we've acquired some new bloggers and to see the excitement of the season taking hold. As a Dolphin fan, I know angst, anger, humiliation, pain, hunger, famine and every other horrible feeling that can possibly go through your mind. Hell, the mere thought of Tom Brady and his creepy coach make me want to jump up and down, pull my hair out and shut that whole team down for their continuous, unrelenting, year after year cheating!
Thing is, here at Switzerland you're allowed to rant and rave till you get it all out of you, just not by attacking other fans. I haven't seen Peace come out so strongly in a long, long time. The last thing we want to do is give 'time outs' or take away your creativity. The only thing is, the best way to do it is to respect our fellow bloggers and beat the living crap out of their teams.

I want to thank all of you for choosing to blog here in Switzerland and in many cases bringing your friends. The more the merrier! (Special shout out to Utah and kicks for their loyalty over the years and to Peace for always keeping a quiet watch--though I always know he is there!) I'm also enormously impressed with how quickly some of the newbies are moving up the ranks from Rookie so quickly. We keep having to raise the levels to keep up with the ongoing posts.

RIP Yogi Berra...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:38 am

BEST OF LUCK TO FANS OF ALL TEAMS! HOPE NONE OF YOU ARE DOLPHIN FANS FACING A DAY IN THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY TO WATCH BUFFALO COME IN AND KICK OUR BUTTS. I CAN ONLY HOPE FOR A MIRACLE... :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:49 am

The Bleacher Reports are very disheartening since the coaching change. Chaos reigns. Players v. Players; Coaches v. Players; Players v. Coaches, and Tannehill losing ground.

At least they have a bye this week. I'm not sure we will ever recover from years and years of neglect, bad management, loser coaches and no forward thinking plan in place. It's tougher and tougher to be a devout Dolphin fan, but I never give up! :shock:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:13 pm

cklaurence wrote:The Bleacher Reports are very disheartening since the coaching change. Chaos reigns. Players v. Players; Coaches v. Players; Players v. Coaches, and Tannehill losing ground.

At least they have a bye this week. I'm not sure we will ever recover from years and years of neglect, bad management, loser coaches and no forward thinking plan in place. It's tougher and tougher to be a devout Dolphin fan, but I never give up! :shock:

I can feel your frustration CK. Yet another huge let down for the Fin Faithful. You all finally get rid of a going nowhere coach, only to be force fed the rest of the year with his regime still intact. Seems that the only solace you are afforded, is the the title" Interim " attached to the replacement coach. i'm raising my glass to you with hope and a wish for a brighter future. Hang in there Baby 8-)
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:43 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
cklaurence wrote:The Bleacher Reports are very disheartening since the coaching change. Chaos reigns. Players v. Players; Coaches v. Players; Players v. Coaches, and Tannehill losing ground.

I can feel your frustration CK. Yet another huge let down for the Fin Faithful. You all finally get rid of a going nowhere coach, only to be force fed the rest of the year with his regime still intact. Seems that the only solace you are afforded, is the the title" Interim " attached to the replacement coach. i'm raising my glass to you with hope and a wish for a brighter future. Hang in there Baby 8-)

Thanks for the shoulder to cry on, doll. It's been many years of unhappiness; however, on sports radio this afternoon--for the first time ever--The talking heads agreed with all that I've been saying, but more importantly, for the first time ever, they brought out the over-riding problem. After they finished taking apart the 'interim' coach (along with all the rest of the do-nothings), the players problems and basically stagnant situation, the brought up the #1 problem--bad ownership. We've been a losing team since the day Ross bought the team, and as I've said over and over again, there's no cure in sight until we get an owner that knows/understands/cares about and lives for football, nothing will change... :down: :twisted: :roll: :break:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby IckyIPA » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:53 pm

cklaurence wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:

Thanks for the shoulder to cry on, doll. It's been many years of unhappiness; however, on sports radio this afternoon--for the first time ever--The talking heads agreed with all that I've been saying, but more importantly, for the first time ever, they brought out the over-riding problem. After they finished taking apart the 'interim' coach (along with all the rest of the do-nothings), the players problems and basically stagnant situation, the brought up the #1 problem--bad ownership. We've been a losing team since the day Ross bought the team, and as I've said over and over again, there's no cure in sight until we get an owner that knows/understands/cares about and lives for football, nothing will change... :down: :twisted: :roll: :break:

LOL... Ross reminds me of the spoiled little rich kid that cries and throws a fit until he gets the toy he wants. When he gets it, he plays with it once and puts it in the closet and forgets all about it. :roll:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:48 pm

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

Dolphins fired their Defensive coordinator too!!!

Maybe now we can let Suh do what he does best , and get after the QB's!

Maybe now we put the talent we have on both sides of the ball to good use and still try and salvage this season.... maybe, just maybe we can finally get on the right track of building the winning tradition that I grew up with...

one can only hope that the ship can be set sail on the proper course....
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:38 am

TryThinking wrote:YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

Maybe now we put the talent we have on both sides of the ball to good use and still try and salvage this season.... maybe, just maybe we can finally get on the right track of building the winning tradition that I grew up with...

They say it gets darkest before the dawn. I hope things get better. I imagine they will. Good luck to my Phin pals.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:01 am

IckyIPA wrote:
cklaurence wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:

LOL... Ross reminds me of the spoiled little rich kid that cries and throws a fit until he gets the toy he wants. When he gets it, he plays with it once and puts it in the closet and forgets all about it. :roll:

SO TRUE, ICKY!!!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:05 am

kicks wrote:
TryThinking wrote:YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

They say it gets darkest before the dawn. I hope things get better. I imagine they will. Good luck to my Phin pals.

Sorry guys...I have no hope yet... That whole group of so-called coaches needs to go (FAR AWAY--PERHAPS TO THE PATS =-with apologies to my NE friends) and most importantly, the creep that owns the team needs to gtfoot!!!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:33 am

Getting rid of coaches and players is a piece of cake. Getting rid of an owner? Not so much.

Get a bunch of people together and offer to buy the team. Or assassinate Ross. Which ever appeals more to you. I, of course, will be on the record as stating that I am not encouraging anyone to assassinate. O_o
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:00 am

kicks wrote:Getting rid of coaches and players is a piece of cake. Getting rid of an owner? Not so much.

Get a bunch of people together and offer to buy the team. Or assassinate Ross. Which ever appeals more to you. I, of course, will be on the record as stating that I am not encouraging anyone to assassinate. O_o

I refuse to confirm or deny your comments, kicksie--on the grounds that it may incriminate me... :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:11 am

Winter is approaching. I think the birds have it figured out. Fly south.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:17 pm

kicks wrote:Winter is approaching. I think the birds have it figured out. Fly south.

I hope the birdies tell South Florida that winter is setting in--it's hot and humid here with no relief in sight!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:26 pm

Had some time to visit and chat, but for the first time in I don't know how long NO rooms were in use. Figures.Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend and that all your teams win (except the Cheatriots)... :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:59 am

cklaurence wrote:Had some time to visit and chat, but for the first time in I don't know how long NO rooms were in use. Figures.Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend and that all your teams win (except the Cheatriots)... :lol:

The Broncos room is usually moving a bit.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend CK. My favorite holiday. Usually a long weekend. 5 days for me this year. Family, food, friends, and football. The best 4 "f's" there are. There is another "f" but I'll keep it PG-13 in here. Ha ha.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:36 am

kicks wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Had some time to visit and chat, but for the first time in I don't know how long NO rooms were in use. Figures.Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend and that all your teams win (except the Cheatriots)... :lol:

The Broncos room is usually moving a bit.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend CK. My favorite holiday. Usually a long weekend. 5 days for me this year. Family, food, friends, and football. The best 4 "f's" there are. There is another "f" but I'll keep it PG-13 in here. Ha ha.

Thank you so much for your good wishes, sweet Kicksie! We'll be in NY for a big Cousins/Family Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I'll be separated from all my kids but Josh and Selma (his wife). Abigail's boyfriend lives in NY, but is heading to Orlando to celebrate with his family, and whither he goes, goeth she. Emily, Craig and my precious grandson sold their home in preparation for moving to NY and they will be celebrating with my best friend in Plant City. My baby Zachary is in Australia visiting a friend for the month.
So I will be celebrating with all my paternal cousins with a bit of a hole in my heart that my kids can't be there...

As for football, well, I guess it's clear that I predicted correctly about the team's year and sadly, we're having another cursed year. This Ross is the dumbest owner in the history of the game. Finally, though, I'm seeing articles that are putting the blame on him where it belongs. From his first season when he changed the fight song to a Jimmy Buffet piece, brought in a bunch of so-called movie stars and singers and an "orange" carpet for them to enter the stadium on and clearly exhibited that he was a groupie and should have bought a movie studio, NOT a football team, I've been fussing and hollering that he was worthless as an owner/leader or anything else to do with football.

I have to go on an airplane tonight and I'm already a nervous wreck. I will close by saying HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF MY SWISS FAMILY. WISHING ALL OF YOU A HEALTHY, DELICIOUS, HOLIDAY WEEKEND. MAY ALL YOUR TEAMS BE WINNERS AND I HOPE YOU'RE ALL TOGETHER WITH THOSE YOU LOVE! PEACE...ck <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:54 pm

th-1.jpeg
th-1.jpeg (9.49 KiB) Viewed 21255 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:26 am

It seems this always happens when I write a long post--which it did. Did what? I somehow hit a button that wiped out my entire post just as I finished it. DAMMIT!!

The upshot of it was to wish all of you the very best (belatedly) holidays and the happiest, healthiest new year possible. I am so sorry I haven't been on, but I've had an awful time of it the past few weeks and haven't been in touch with anyone, really--except for my sweet Kicksie who actually texted me to make sure I was alive and kicking. Many thanks dearest kicks--it meant a great deal to me. Also spoke briefly with Try Thinking who sends his regards to all of you as well.

As a Fin fan, I am of course thrilled to see the season end for us tomorrow. I'm going with my hubby, oldest son and my daughter-in-law to a) either finally wipe the years since Ross bought the team completely out of my mind--with hopes that now that media is throwing rocks at him and putting the blame for the fiasco that once was the Dolphins square on his much-too-rich lap, he'll sell the team and spare us any further humiliation; and b) my other just as unrealistic dream that the team can rally tomorrow and send the Pats home with the game in the "L" column. Hope springs eternal. :roll:

Finally, A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO MY GREAT SWISS FAMILY with thanks for your choosing to blog here. I so enjoy reading your posts and always look forward to seeing what you have to say as the season progresses. I do hope you will continue throughout the play-offs and hang out in the off season chewing on thoughts of what might be for us all next year. Did I say "Hope springs eternal," lol. Much love, and I'm back, just in case you care... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:12 am

Hi CK!!! Great to see you post. Things will get better for you. Happy New Year!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Thanks so much kicksie. Things here are looking awfully grim, though I continue to hope they'll get better... :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:26 am

Simply a note towards those of you who have teams in the playoffs. Hope you're all doing well (and your teams as well)--wishing everyone could be winners! Hugs from the Godmother... <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:35 am

Interesting slate of games this last weekend. I had 3 of 4 games. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I picked the Skins to win. Shows how weak that division is. That division used to be a powerhouse. Ebb and flow of time I guess.

Hope things are better CK.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:20 am

Hey kicksie! Things are looking up here--thank you for caring.

Although the Fins are once again doomed by Ross' lack of football knowledge, it sure felt good to watch the pretty boy get his butt kicked in our last game. I've always said (and I don't care how many titles and records he holds)--if he isn't very carefully guarded, he rattles so easily! He goes right down when he sees he's going to have to take a hit. He is also as sore a loser as I've ever seen. He's a whiner and a creep, with no grace at all. when he has to take some of what his team gives out, he's downright rude! Plus, just like his coach, he's a cheater!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:06 am

Glad things are improving.

Not much new for me. Sometimes that is good. Just waiting for Sunday!!!
kicks
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)