SWITZERLAND FORUM

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: SWITZERLAND FORUM

Postby Emeritus » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:45 am

I need a new pop-up blocker. I'm getting so many here that i can hardly read the posts, much less post anything. It's a shame that there are people working overtime to ruin our on-line experience.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:36 am

Em--I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't get any pop-ups here at all. I'll have my tekkie check and see if there is anything we can do from this end, but it would seem we'd all be getting it if it were from this site, no? This isn't a free blog, I pay to maintain it, so there certainly shouldn't be any pop-ups or graffiti of any kind screwing it up.

Anyone else having spam/pop-up problems here? Please let me know. This is actually paid for in addition to my website, not as part of it. If there is a glitch, I need to deal with it.

Sorry, Em...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:18 pm

I think that it is a problem with Firefox. I may have to delete it and download it and reinstall it again, which seems to cure problems. Everything that I'm doing, including hitting the Replay button, redirected me to something else. I'll get it fixed, somehow.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Phew!!! I was starting to get upset about it. I don't use Firefox, only the Google icon (I forget the name). I used Firefox on my MAC, but it died... :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:52 am

Where'd everyone go? You can't all be angry at me for rooting for the Broncos, I hope.

kicksie--I am so sorry about the outcome of that game. It didn't seem possible that what happened could happen. Hope you're recovering okay.

Hugs to everyone... <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:05 pm

[size=200]*****SIGH***** :cry: [/size]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:37 pm

I just don't know what else to say. Talking to myself anyway apparently. Miss you all... <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Sorry CK. Didn't mean to leave you here posting to yourself. I think I was still in shock about what happened to the Broncos. I never saw that coming. What a butt kicking. That reminded me of the 80's. After more than a week of reflection on it, I still have no answer. It showed an utter lack of preparedness. This team was the highest scoring offense in the history of the NFL. We held almost every offensive record. Most yards, most points, most TD by a QB. And we ran into a buzz saw. Well... I did promise myself after the 3 losses in the 80's that I would just like to see a Bronco SB victory in my lifetime and I got a back to back in the 90's. So, that might just have to be enough to tide me over. I am happy for the Seahawks though. Their fans were like me before 1997. Wondering if I would ever see it happen. So.. good for them. Hated that it had to be at our expense. But it is what it is. Hope all is well in your world.

I never have had a pop up from this site. Have a great day!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:39 pm

I did miss you terribly--feared you'd left because I lost my head and gone and rooted for your Broncos. Like you, I didn't see a way they could lose that game and still remain in a state of shock. Something is so wrong there! I wanted Peyton to have that ring too. Even Danny Marino was rooting for Peyton! I can't begin to imagine how distraught you've been...

]One good thing came of it, though. I had to send a note to our Seahawk Girlfriend telling her she owes me for accidentally rooting for the team I wanted to win rather than against it. She took that as an olive branch and sent me a friend request. It was a long time coming, but it lightens the load on my shoulders.

We've been preparing for our oldest to move back home. His suite downstairs has been open (save for guests and an occasional wino, lol) since he left a few years back. He and his roommate have decided they just would not pay one more rent increase, so I'm giving the guest house to his roommate, Ian, and Josh gets his old room back. We're completely renovating the room for him. It's huge--much bigger than our bedroom. We're carpeting it, painting and trying to make him comfy. I'm thrilled. To have a house this size with Peter and I only rambling around after all those wonderful years of it being filled with my four kids and their many, many friends, is a lonely proposition.

We're also turning my old office upstairs into a nursery/guestroom for when my grandchild comes to visit. It is right next to the room his mommy and daddy stay in when they come and right down the hall from me me me! Not that they will visit that often, but I want everything to be perfect for them when they do.

I could write a book on all the crap that's been going on here. The above is the good stuff. I've also got some really awful things going on that has me pretty rattled. Never mind the mess my Dolphins are in and will probably remain in for the rest of my life. (I bought a jersey that says "One More Before I Die" for games next year.

I actually have some things happening that ARE the stuff mystery stories are made of, and you can bet I'll be using a good portion to the sequel! I will say this, that's all coming at the cost of a full security system inside, outside and around Laurence Manor. They have really cool surveillance equipment now. When we first moved into this house some 30-plus years ago, we put in the best security system you could get. No cameras, but wires everywhere that were constantly tripping and bringing the police over here. Finally, the cops told us to ditch the alarm system and get a dog. We've had a doggie ever since (sometimes two or three of them). But I've gotten myself into a little situation that we'd all feel better knowing we were aware of what was going on whether we are here or out. The systems today are really, really different!! We'll have six color cameras that show us everything, any and everywhere in the house at any time--on our phones! We will also be able to see what's going on on our televisions. It's amazing how far things have come--what a schooling I've been getting. I will surely find a way to put a little something I've learned into the sequel.

Cheer up a little. You know you'll have a chance to get back there next year, and Peyton won't miss twice! Hugs, c. <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:11 am

Security systems have come a long way from a little bell hanging on a trip wire I suppose. Its amazing what they can do. There is this current running commercial where a man arms his house from his cell from a different city. He actually locks the door and turns off the tv and running water as well. Technology is amazing. I can't help but worry that someone could deliver a virus to your phone that would corrupt that security system and actually open the house for a burglar. My former correctional officer mind is always thinking of things like this.

The Fins are in a state of disarray. I hope they eventually get things sorted out. Now it appears that this Incognito and Martin thing isn't over. There were two other guys on the team doing the same thing and another victim. These are grown men getting paid a pretty penny and acting like children. It amazes me.

Talk to you later. Glad you and V got reconnected.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:59 pm

I too am glad that Seahawkgirl and I reconnected. I don't know what happened to get between us, really--I just hope it doesn't happen again.

I wanted to just put in a dummy system, kicksie. You know, just let people see the cameras and figure between that (and the doggie barking while I'm here) would be enough of a deterrent, but once my hubby and I talked to the security expert who would be doing the installing, we changed our minds. Oddly enough--he didn't do anything to change our thoughts, lol. We talked ourselves up into the real thing. I like being able to focus in on the front door when the bell rings so I know who is down there too.There's nowhere in or outside of the house that we can't keep track of no matter where we are. We have lived in this house for 32 years without incident, but in that 32 years, the world has changed a whole lot more than I wanted...

Yes, this Incognito thing is a real mess and (check out my facebook page--I posted on this when the report came out) I am horrendously shocked and ashamed of a team that has so openly taken the side of the bad guys, with no remorse! They knew all along that these bastards had pushed Martin beyond the point of human acceptability and they closed ranks against him. That includes Tannehill, who I've lost all respect for now. I don't care about the "special culture" in the locker room. I know right from wrong and I can't condone wrong, regardless of the situation.

Peter and my oldest son unloaded both our attics today. Thirty-two years of storage--from 4 kids, baby to adult each; my schooling through my masters, my businesses, personal papers and the list goes on. My job is to go through each thing, box after box after miserable box and separate them out into "give to Veterans," toss 'em out and save. My Arachnoiditis is having a friggin' heyday with this. I finally had to stop, come upstairs about a half-hour ago, take some pain medication and lay down. Everything--mental and physical--affects and kicks up the pain. (No pun intended, tee hee.) Ain't life just full of fun and surprises, yes?!?

Have I told you lately how pleased I am that you're back here at Swiss, kicksie. Thanks so much for finding your way back--and I'm so glad you don't get pop-ups. I don't either, and because I pay for this space, NO ONE should! I hope Em's computer is okay!!!

I'm going to try to take a nap for a bit--hope it helps relax my back a little bit. Take care of yourself. Life is so yucky w/o footsieball!!! I want it back and more importantly, I want it back with a new owner,GM and team...I don't ask much...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:04 pm

Sounds like you have been busy CK.

I don't follow the Dolphins very closely but I remember they used to always be a contender for a number of years. They had a sense of pride. Something happened that turned them into a circus act. I suppose that is the owner's doing. I hope they cut Icognito. He was just suspended, right? I think he's still on the team. I could be wrong. Just before the report came out he piped up again and said the truth would come out and bury Martin. Then the next day the report comes out and he comes out all apologetic. Kind of like a little kid that just got yelled at by his parents. I think there are some mental issues with that young man. He might be bi-polar at the very least.

The combine is close by and all the teams have new hope. I hope your team can get a few key pickups and get rid of some dead weight and compete with the Pats for the division title. It would be nice to see someone else win your division. And not the Jets.

Have a good one.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Oh kicksie--now that the news is all out we see (as I suspected) that the entire team--from Tannehill on down was involved, and THAT is why they all backed Incognito. I don't know what they'll do about Incognito. Pouncy is being suspended for sure. It's a mess in triplicate. If you want, send me your email address and I'll forward you the Bleacher Report that I get daily (I think). The Fins are in total disarray. I can't for the life of me figure out why Marino left CBS--or even whether it was his decision of the Network's, but something is very very strange when someone as popular as Danny AND Shannon Sharpe get thrown off the show. Hard to replace a Dan Marino. He looks good, sounds good, has a great grasp on what's going on. I would love to see him do what Elway did, but I have very, very little faith in Ross doing the right thing!

Denver will be fine...

<3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 am

Hi everyone--er, anyone? Heard from Emeritus over the weekend. He is having computer problems, hence, his absence from our little place. Hopefully he'll be back soon. It gets to be just a big echo when it's only me posting. Ah, how I long for the old days!!! :break:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:56 am

Good morning CK. I am shocked to hear about Marino and Sharpe. I wonder what the scoop is with that? Honestly, I rarely watch the CBS pre-show. Even though I am an AFC guy I prefer the Fox show. They are hilarious. They tend to focus more on the NFC for obvious reasons and I probably miss a lot of good AFC stories by watching the Fox pre-game but I am bored to death watching the group on CBS. I doubt they notice my absence. :lol:

I watched a little bit of the combine with a smattering of the Olympics. I never knew Russia had a sense of humor. If you watched the closing ceremony with the ring joke, you would understand. It was pretty funny. Have a great day.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Hey kicksie! I thought Danny was the most insightful person on that CBS panel, although I agree, they aren't the best entertainment in pre-game shows, lol. It's so weird that there's not a word about their dismissal. It just all of a sudden was done--no gossip, no nothing. If it was Danny alone, I'd hope (even pray) that it had to do with him coming to work for the Fins in ANY capacity (including QB), but because it is Marino and Sharpe, it's an enigma to me.

I didn't watch any of the Olympics, save for the daily reviews on The Daily Show and Colbert. The Fins continue their ridiculousness and folly. Ever so frustrating! And as they say...life goes on...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:32 am

Just thought I'd say "hey" to anyone who might be chilling here. Hey.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:53 pm

Speaking of "chill", I think that global warming is myth. Its been the coldest winter in years. Not for you Floridians, but the rest of the country is freezing. When is summer? Can you export some warm weather CK. Get everyone down there organized and wave some towels northward in unison.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:57 am

I believe the icy winters are part of the global warming situation, kicks. It's hotter here than ever before, the humidity is so thick you can wear it as a coat and even the hurricane patterns are changing. I don't think it's going to be pretty, this slow global warming, but I guess that at least gives me a reason not to fear death so strongly :lol: .

On Thursday at 2:50 p.m. my first grandson was born. Evan Samuel was delivered via natural childbirth. My daughter was a trooper, NO EPIDURAL!!!!! He weighed in at 7 pounds 2.4 ounces and was 19 inches long. Considering that he struggled so hard (she was pushing for nearly 2 hours), his face is quite beautiful. Of course, you can see pictures of him all over facebook.

The Phins continue to make ridiculous moves, which guarantees us another laughable season (shit!)... How're your Broncos doing?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Simply, Congrats CK, Peter and family, welcome Evan Samuel.... football is the passion that all of us at Swiss live by but special times deserve special acknowledgements. Indeed a special time for you, CK.
Em, kicks, anyone else, best regards, Happy Free Agency!
Attachments
baby_boy1.jpg
baby_boy1.jpg (29.26 KiB) Viewed 13096 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby kicks » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:10 am

Congrats CK on your first grandson. :up: I am sure you are very busy the last few days.

Hi to Bags! Hope all is well your way. Actually my new way is now pretty close to your way. Or at least I can drive to Indy in just over an hour.

CK, I have no idea the state of the Broncos. They looked great and then got smashed in the SB. Free agency starts today so it should be an exciting time for every one. The slates are clean and every team has a shot at the SB. Enjoy your new grand baby.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks for the congrats, Ms Bags and kicksie! I'm having a wonderful time here with Evan (who if I do say so myself is a saint, lol).
I'm sure they will root out whatever caused that collapse last year and will be nothing short of WINNER in next year's superbowl. I see that the 49ers got Jonathan Martin in a trade for next to nothing... I'll be he plays his butt off and (once again) makes the Dolphins look like the idiots they have become. Sadness. We'll probably hang on to Incognito. I think the whole bunch of instigators, including Tannehill and Pouncy, regardless of what it does to hurt the team ought to be thrown out of the game and made an example of once and for all. Won't happen, but I would be glad if it did!
Now, back to steal a peek at my Evan Samuel. I will keep you posted!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Evan sounds like a great name. Sounds very king like. Sir Evan. I like it. Hope you are having fun with your grandson. Grandchildren are the best in that you can give them back to your children when you have had enough or if they are acting up too much. lol

I saw that Martin when to the 9ers. Incognito needs to be cut. I hope he doesn't end up playing anywhere. He is a head case. Beat his own car up with a baseball bat? Really? Who does that?

I was reading my last post here on the morning of free agency before it all started and have to chuckle now as I had no idea that the Broncos would go nuts and make all the huge deals that they did. Sounds like they are planning on going all in this year. Should be interesting. On paper they look unstoppable. Only problem is that the games aren't played on paper. I just love football and even if my team doesn't win it all, I still enjoy watching the good matchups each week.

Have fun with Evan!!!! :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:56 am

I feel the same about football, kicks. I love it with a passion. I bet the Fins keep Incognito. They are so fucked up. He really is a head case.

Evan is better than narcotics for me. I'm loving every second I'm here. Dread leaving because I won't see him again until they visit at the end of April. By then he'll already be another child.

Happy there's a little football news going on. I've already paid for next season's tickets... :P
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:31 pm

Well, I'm home from babyland and all the sadder for it. I was hoping this place would be hopping and I'd have all kinds of posts to respond to, but it seems my calculations were a little off (did I say "a little?" lol). Anyway, I had an incredible time and found out my maternal instinct is every bit as strong for my grandchild as it was for my birth children.

Well, no sense going on and on if no one is paying attention. I'll keep checking in and hopefully someone will have posted. I'm looking at the coming attractions (do they still call them that?) for the movie "Draft Day." That's one I won't miss. Anything off-season that's about football and I'm there! Love to all...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Since March 16th it's only been me posting. Makes me so sad... :break:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:14 am

As much pain as it causes me, I'm thinking Switzerland has run its course. It's had a really super run it makes me really proud to have been a part of it's been so much fun. I've met and bonded with so many amazing people and so many times I've laughed until I cried. Never could have done it without such a terrific group of people. and I never really thought it would end.

Paid up through 2016, so I won't close things down. I'll just monitor it occasionally and visit with anyone who might come by to say hey. Love to all, c. <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Sorry CK. I started a new job last month and I haven't had any free time at all. I feel like all I am doing is working and sleeping. Free time is very limited and I feel bad that I haven't checked in here or at Fox either. Not that you are a fan of Fox I know. I hope others come here to post from time to time. And I hope that you have been spending some good quality time with Evan. And the rest of your family as well. Hope all is well with you as well from a health perspective. Much love to you and yours.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:31 pm

kicks...my wish for you is that this job is for the best and will make you wiser and richer and more comfortable with your life.
I am loving everything about Evan EXCEPT for the 283 miles that separates us. I miss him something awful. As you know, I left Faux when I formed Switzerland, so I don't miss you there, but wow! do I miss you here!!!! What with the loss of Try Thinking, and then Em, it's not hard to see what a ghost town this is. As I said a few days back, though, so long as I'm paid up through 2016, I might as well leave it running in case any of the old Swiss family *hoovers and recognizes how sad I am at losing them one and all. (That old Jewish guilt--always showing its ugly face, lol.)

Don't work too hard, kicks--hope you're still in the doctor field rather than the other profession you dabbled in for some time. I used to worry about you constantly then.... <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Oh yeah, just one more silly laugh on my Fins. I get several newsletters, not the least of which is as a zillion year season ticket holder. Even I had to laugh at the foolishness of what they must consider "promotion." Big headline reads: Dolphins Hire Aaron Rogers' brother! I just had to laugh. That's how well known this guy is. They call him "QB Aaron Rogers' brother," and then go on with some mumblejumble about how our new GM worked for 12 years on a team affiliated with someone who had breakfast once with a cousin who knew the brother..." Well, no, it wasn't quite that obscure, but pretty bad. He's apparently been on some practice squad (for a fabulous team like, day, maybe the Bucks). Had anyone EVER heard his name before? Till today, I didn't even know that Aaron Rogers had a brother for goodness sake!!!Then the article goes on to say that the outlook for the Dolphins in 2014 is great. They must surely have their heads up their butts... :lol: :oops:
cklaurence
Godmother

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)