SWITZERLAND FORUM

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: SWITZERLAND FORUM

Postby cklaurence » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Me too, me too. Any ducks come my way, I'm sending them right along back to Em!

Everyone enjoying the playoffs? That was some comeback by the amazing Colts, no? Ms Bags? You paying attention? I was so happy for you! Things start to get really serious next week...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:11 am

I agree about the wild card round of the playoffs. All in all, the teams were very evenly matched and most of the games were in doubt up to the very end. Of course, the teams with the best records didn't play. It will interesting to see what happens when they are thrown into the mix. Given the weather up north, what do you think of the NFL's decision to play the Super Bowl in an open air stadium in the Northeast? I know that football is supposed to be played regardless of the weather, but I like to see games decided by superior play, not the weather.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby kicks » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:24 am

I wholeheartedly agree with you Em. I don't like the idea of a cold weather Superbowl AT ALL. If the weather plays a major factor it could be the deciding factor in the game. Can they give the Superbowl MVP trophy to the weather? That would be interesting. I want to see the best teams, without weather as a factor, showcasing their talent. And what about the people that pay thousands of dollars to watch the game? It is a fact that the average Joe can't afford to watch the game. Its pretty much corporations buying the tickets. I love watching a good old fashioned snow game. But not in the Superbowl.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 pm

I'm in total agreement with you both. I thought it was a lousy idea when it was announced and now, with this uber-crappy winter, disregarding the mess that the travelers (to the game) will be facing, the actual games could be nightmarishly cold! Hell, they won't even consider Joe Robbie Stadium until it meets all kinds of changes to make it more suitable for the SB crowd (the insanely wealthy); but they've now saddled themselves with a situation that might freeze out their hand-picked, hotsie totsie corporate attendees. I can't help but be somewhat tickled at the thought that they've taken the game from the middle classes (are there still any left in the middle class), done everything they can to kick-it-up a notch and now it's all out of their hands and left to Mother Nature. As I always say, "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature..." :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Well... CK... you got part of your wish. Looks like a little bit of housekeeping for the Dolphins. GM gone. I think an assistant coach was let go the other day too if I recall. You should be a little happier. 8-)
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:32 am

I hate sounding like someone who is just unhappy all the time, but unfortunately, in the case of the Dolphins--they were so badly screwed up, without a full sweep of the "leadership" (and I use that term loosely), it is as bad as if nothing at all had been done. Philbin is a bonehead of infinite proportions. For kicks (no pun intended) and giggles, Google up one of his locker room motivational speeches. The guy has the tenacity, inspirational quality and leadership of a dead person. He MUST go, and it looks as though (once again) he will be kept on as head coach. It's enough to make a grown man cry...

Other than that (I'm told there IS life after football, although I'm thinking that in my lifetime I won't see another championship team), all is well. My daughter is getting roly-poly and very anxious to deliver my grandson Evan Samuel to me. I don't know if it's as much that she wants to have the baby as just get back into her size zero, lol.

kicksie? Do you ever check out my facebook page? On Monday at 2:00 Authors on the Air is doing a blog radio interview with me. The link is on all of my facebook pages. If you can't listen to it at that time, it is available in Authors' archives to listen to at your convenience--if, of course you're interested.

Hope all is well with you. Big playoff weekend coming up. Man, I hope Indy can beat the odds and beat the crap out of NE! I'll bet I know who you're rooting for (but not in the Indy/Pats game). Will talk later, big hugs to everyone! <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:57 am

I was most disappointed to read that the Texans have fired Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator. His defense was the one bright spot this year. I don't know how anybody could have done better. With an offense that turned the ball over repeatedly, the defense played heroically, but had no chance. I will be interested to see if another team profits from this.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Just be relieved that apparently Ross is nuts enough to keep Philbin--the Lord only knows what team and what position he'll be coaching when the time comes. No one has to sweat until the end of next year when we've once again had a mediocre (at best) season and he'll have to let go of him. Nah, I take that back. Just because we continue to lose, he's cut the GM that chose Philbin and the fans (I have this from private info obtained by one of my team contacts) have actually been calling up and being verbally abusive--as they drop season tix they've held for years! Even I vacillate about my tickets and we're talking someone who's had them for over forty years!!! *sigh*

Redskins got Gruden today...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Aren't they, by far, the best thing to come out of Fox Sports ? <3
Adam & Kyle Nov 2013.jpeg
Adam & Kyle Nov 2013.jpeg (218.86 KiB) Viewed 12960 times

Sorry We have been MIA for so long. Life has been very busy with the little guys. They sure know how to eat up most of the day.
I think it's obvious who I'm cheering for in the playoffs . GOOOOOOOO PATS ! :D I'll try to pop on over a little more often. I'm mostly homebound for a while, so I have a little more time on my hands these days.
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 pm

Wow, what a pleasure to hear from you, mainegirl! I know what you mean about the kids. It's pretty easy to become preoccupied with them, especially over the holidays. I'm pulling for the Patriots to win the Super Bowl, too. Considering where it will be played, the Patriots cold weather experience should be an advantage, especially if it is a snow game.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Well hell and highwater! What a wonderful sight to see--my very special maineiacgirl!!! I would be thrilled to root for the Pats if I thought it would keep you and your magnificent boys coming around more often. How much I miss you, my special love.

The past couple of months have been a Bonanza! Visits from kicksie, you my dear Ms Bags...I adore coming over here, which has not been the case for a long, long time. Not to say I don't adore my Emeritus, who has been most faithful and kind to me over the past couple of sadly pathetic years! It's like that continuous dream I continue to have that suddenly, one day things would be back to the way they were a couple of short years ao. Hope springs eternal, and I never lost heart!

There was a radio interview of me this afternoon (which you are welcome to ignore), but that I'd love to have you take a listen, see how you like it. The sequel is finally in the works and although it is enormously difficult to keep the level of suspense, along with the twists and turns, but I am managing to get through it bit by bit. Check out this link, which you can listen to at your own time and conditions. If you should happen to take a listen, let me know how you like it (or not).

I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR COMING HOME TO SWITZERLAND AGAIN--YOU ROCK ME TO MY SOCKS,..,.,.,.,HUGE HUGS TO YOU ALL! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:52 am

Well.. I will have to be the sole Bronco supporter here then!

Broncos > Patriots. Should be a different outcome in Denver where Brady has always struggled. Kind of like we do at the Razor. Should be a good game.

GO BRONCOS!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:54 am

Whoo Hoo!
Attachments
Manning.jpg
Manning.jpg (10.22 KiB) Viewed 13081 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Kicksie my love--you are soooo WRONG about being the only Bronco supporter. You must have misunderstood my post. I may be the biggest Patriot hater EVER!!! In fact, check out my facebook page. I just posted 30 reasons to hate the Patriots, lol--true!
Here's my problem. I'm poison to the teams I root for. I've actually had to root for the Pats during the past two SBs they were in to assure they lost. I am all about the Broncos winning all the way through the SB--especially because of the Manning component (we should have had him). So even if I say[i] I'm rooting for the Patriots, in my heart of hearts, for the purposes of this season at this point, I'm your Bronco girl!!!

I don't know, Em--you're such a fair-minded person, how can you support cheaters like the Patriots? They have a history of it, even before BB. I will NEVER forget the snow plow incident--I will always hate the Patriots. Just when you thought it was safe to go out into the water again, they pulled the spy stunt. For my money, they got away with murder on that one. Lord knows how many games they won from that cheating incident--even with the great and wonderful Brady as the QB. We should discuss this. After all, with kicksie coming home, I want to make sure he feels secure and welcome, and really, the Broncos have struggled just as the Texans and the Dolphins. No cheating (save for the Fins' bad behavior)... <3
[/i]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Ahhh... Gotcha. In that case root for the Patriots with all your heart. :lol:
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:45 pm

I think you've got it now, kicksie. You have no idea how difficult it is for me to make these sacrifices for God and Country, but regardless--we must do what we must do to stop the Patriots from advancing to another SB. Just hope that creep BB and his right hand buddy TB haven't figured out a way to cheat this one through...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:25 am

Its game day. Get your popcorn ready. Whoo Hoo!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:35 pm

I haven't had a drink, but I'm drunk with happiness to see Peyton going to the SB. Truth to tell, any time any one beats Brady, nay, shows Brady for the freakin' crybaby he is when thins don't go his way, makes me drunk with happiness!!! Now I'm watching what seems to be a real shocker--SF is kicking Seattle's butt in Seattle! I don't have any strong feelings either way, but it'd be cool to have a team in the SB that's never been before. Their fans are awesome!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:25 am

Seattle has been to the Superbowl. Once. They lost to the Steelers. On February 2nd they will have their second loss. GO BRONCOS!!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Right there with you kicksie!!!

Can you believe that p.o.s. BB opening his big fat mouth and accusing WW of "deliberately" attempting to take his man out? He makes me sick to the core. The biggest cheater in the NFL calling his own ex-player a cheater (from what Welker had learned from BB perhaps). What a class act Peyton was before, during and after the game. What a pissant BB was and is; but best of all, Brady once again did his crybaby thing. Not only is he a wimp and a crybaby, but one of the worst losers in the NFL. Like Coach like QB, lol.
I've already got my popcorn for the game, and it looks like I'm going to have to root for Seattle, now the The Curse of C.K. is 3 for 3 with keeping NE from getting into/winning SBs. Such a powerful feeling... :up: :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:10 pm

BTW kicksie--I must have figured that Seattle had never been in a SB before because their performance was so lackluster, I forgot, lol... To bad Victoria no longer posts here, we could have such fun teasing her (with all good intentions). As it stands now, you and I are the only active Swiss Family that feels strongly one way or the other about this SB. I remember what a great fan Victoria was and miss the rivalry...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:57 pm

That Superbowl (Seattle v Pitt) was pretty easy to forget. Probably not as much for the Seattle fans though. I did think the refs favored the Steelers and there were some very questionable calls. I believe that they gave the game to the Steelers. I hate when the game comes down to the officiating. But it happens. Victoria did drop off the radar quite a long time ago. We used to e-mail a bit. She was always very pleasant. I never had an issue with her. When people left here, they were still posting somewhere. Whether it was Fox or Facebook or both. But as far as I can tell, she left everywhere. I don't know the story but I suppose she had her reasons.

As for Pats coach... that rant against Welker is just sour grapes. There is no way that Denver would send a 5'9" guy with two concussions out to be an enforcer (to borrow a hockey term). It just wouldn't happen. He is just bitter. Bah on him I say. Brady has always been a poor sport. Although he seemed gracious after the game. He came over and shook Mannings hand in defeat. That is not something that he always does. I have watched him shun the traditional after game handshake. He said the correct things in the post game interview. But BB is something else.

Now I have to suffer for two weeks until the game. I don't consider the Pro Bowl real football. Back in the day they used to ball. But its just a joke now. I do admit to watching it just for the antics and the beautiful Hawaiian scenery. But as far as football goes, it is far from compelling to watch.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Well, I must admit to knowing a bit about Victoria's disappearance from Switzerland. It went back to that mess with Orange U Glad. It was V and another female, who's name I can't remember who were flirting with Orange. Peace had to come down pretty hard on that mess because it was getting as bad as Faux and after I found out that Orange's "cancer" was a ruse and outted him--there was a lot of anger directed at me. Victoria left in a bit of a huff (I may be screwing this up, because my memory is a bit distorted). Next thing I know she has de-friended me at fb--something that silly, naive me thought to be an error. I contacted her privately pointing out that I had been accidentally removed from her friends' list and she told me it was no accident, she was just cleaning off those she no longer had anything in common with or some such thing. So, after having that amazing Diva weekend here at my home and thinking I had a friend for life, I found that I was wrong. Only Maineiacgirl, Bags and I remain friends from that weekend that we laughed and played and bonded together. Lindadito had issues and kind of fell off the map; Victoria chose to dump me, but remains quite close to Bags, and I often see her posting on Ms Bags' page. Of course, I'd welcome any and all of them back should they want to re-enter the family. I think I'd just not be so naive next time...

Yes, BB is a jerk of dramatic proportions and he just reminded us with his totally off-the-wall rant toward Welker!!! :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:30 pm

After his performance Sunday, if Peyton Manning isn't MVP I'm going to demand a recount. He was totally in control of the game. I was disappointed when that easy catch in the end zone was dropped, but the Broncos really didn't need it. I'm sure that the Seahawks observed that you can't play coverage and not pressure Manning. The Patriots keep trying to disguise their coverage, but he was the one fooling people.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:19 pm

I agree with you 100%, Em. The games were great, but some of the behavior following them was repulsive. Someone on facebook just did a big piece on Sherman and how we should admire and respect him because of his credentials "despite the odds," from the neighborhood he grew up in to making it through Stanford. I believe we define ourselves by the moment and his ME ME ME outburst immediately after his team's exciting win, defined him very clearly--as did BB's rant about Welker. Big fat cheater yelling that his old wide receiver is a cheater. Yeah, sure; every team uses their smallest player (just coming off of two concussions) to "take out" the biggest player on the opposing team. Incredible.

Last edited by cklaurence on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:52 pm

I am not looking to re-connect with her. I respect a person's desire for privacy. You might want to clear her last name off that post. Just for the sake of privacy as I know she had some issues with that in the past. Glad to know she is doing well. Enough on that subject.

I fully agree with you on Sherman and on BB. Sherman reminded me of a crazy person. Glad he is trying to make amends and is saying the right things now. Don't detract from the team. As for BB, would he apologize? I would say never. Everyone knows its sour grapes. He can turn that into sour wine for all I care. Or should that be sour whine? lol

Looking forward to a great Superbowl. Very excited. I don't get paid if they win or lose so it doesn't change my life much. But having another trophy on the wall would sure be nice. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Kicks--I deleted the part of that post that said you-know-who's name, but I figured since she posts openly under her true name on facebook, no harm no foul to say her name here. I will defer to your judgment, as it is probably much better than mine about this stuff. I may be a bit sour grapes because of the way I was 'disposed of.'

Yes, it should be a great SB if neither team chokes. I don't anticipate Peyton or any part of his organization to do that, but stranger things have happened. I can't help but remember a playoff game years and years ago when Pete Carroll was an Asst. Coach for the Jets. Our kicker missed a crucial field goal, and I guess he didn't know the camera was on him, or it was simply his gut reaction, but he made the choke sign with his hand across his throat. He apologized afterwards, but I'm a patient woman and I've waited for the day I can do that to him, lol.

The strangest thing has happened. I've become invisible on facebook. No matter what I post I get no responses at all--nothing, nada, zilch. That's never happened to me before, even when I said asinine things that don't deserve a response I used to get tons of "likes" and comments. So weird. It's a good thing though, as it keeps me working harder on my sequel and off the social media. So long as I have Switzerland, I'm a happy camper.

And now, back to the factory, lol.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:47 am

ck, I'm having Facebook problems, too. Somebody seems to have hijacked my profile, avatar and all. I don't see the hijacker's posts, but I get questions about them from friends. I sent a "this is not me" message to Facebook, but I have received no response.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:57 pm

IDK what is going on with fb, but it is frustrating. I know what my usual comment and response level is post posts, and to have dropped from the level of comments and "likes" I had gotten regularly to absolutely NOTHING, it seems that something has to be amiss. Of course, there's the alternative, perhaps I'm over saturated or have become one of those people that everyone just rolls their eyes about, grunt and move on away from--or worse, have taken me out of their news feeds and/or blocked my posts completely from their page. I don't think I've said anything seriously worse than I have in the past; but for sure, something has changed and not for the better.

I am so sick over what has happened with the Fins of late, I am seriously thinking about cancelling my tickets after all these years. It's degrading enough that so many decent candidates for GM turned us down --main reasons being they would have no power AND all, to a man, wanted Philbin fired. If Philbin had a shred of decency, what with having seen the players' statements regarding his flat personality and coaching style have (in their opinions) been a huge factor in their lack of the winning spirit on the field, the loss any chance for a decent GM and the futureless future for the Fins, he would resign. It is the only thing that can give the Fins half-a-chance. Besides, he gives me the creeps ;-).

Meanwhile, this pure loser of a GM choice was with the Bucs for 18 years. The just appointed a new GM and he was not even considered for the post. Huh? Was that you, kicksie? Wondering WHY he wasn't be considered for the GM position? Ms Bags--you hoovering? I know I heard someone ask that question for sure! The answer is, because they were planning on firing him !!!!! So that's who the brilliant (but much too busy to stay in Miami to finish a deal--or even look for the right man/woman for the deal by staying put for a couple of weeks and act like he gave a crap, chose and who we are stuck with for who knows how long. We are now the only team in the League that has a Triple F Leadership Team. Yes, they can start calling us Loser, Loser & Loser...for a long, long time to come. :cry: :roll: :break:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Friends, Romans and Swiss Countrymen/Family--lend me your ears...

I am so bummed about what's happened to my Fins. There is no doubt (short of a miracle--like maybe Danny Marino riding in on a white horse with an entourage), buying out Ross and doing a full and complete makeover, we will simply fall deeper and deeper into disarray and finally, Ross will either take my team away or it will die of misuse.

kicksie--you have a SB title that is yours for the taking. Emeritus, the Texans will rise again. Ms Bags--you have Andrew Luck and a great operation, along with an extra team (Giants) as a cushion. All Fin Fans have is gloom, doom and desperation... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :break: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)