OLD BLOOD, NEW YEAR!

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

OLD BLOOD, NEW YEAR!

Postby cklaurence » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Just heard from an old, old friend of ours, and he's signed up and ready to blog!

SCOTTPRS goes way back to my earliest days at Faux, and was one of the first to arrive at The Olde Switzerland. Unfortunately, he was ill for quite some time, but I'm happy to tell you he is well, his old feisty self and ready to talk football back here in The New Switzerland!

He has one shortcoming, but he was always "one of the god ones...." Yes folks, Scott is a Patriot fan. Alas, I believe at this point he will be the only one left here, but we do accommodate and welcome fans of all teams so long as the fans are respectful, and Scott has always been respectful of all and I can't wait! I feel like this is our new beginning--WELCOME BACK, SCOTT! :up:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Re: OLD BLOOD, NEW YEAR!

Postby Emeritus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:22 am

Wow, that's good news! Let me join in the welcome. Scott is a knowledgeable fan. Our Patriots fans were some of the most fun people that we had and it's great to have one back.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby scottpsr » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:01 am

Don't be hating on the Pats fan. We can't help it if we are one of the best teams in the NFL today. Evan if we can't get the job done in the playoffs
scottpsr
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:20 am

scottpsr wrote:Don't be hating on the Pats fan. We can't help it if we are one of the best teams in the NFL today. Evan if we can't get the job done in the playoffs

HA! Great to see a loyal NE fan back :up: - the NFL and Switzerland would have a big void without the Pats and their fans. An incredibly talented team and witty, tough fans. Playoff wins??? We Colts fans know the feeling - I'm sure Peyton would be happy to share that 'choke artist' tag - lol!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:49 pm

I can't believe I forgot Maine! She's a loyal Patriot fan and I still consider her 'active' here. Not so much now that the world's most beautiful baby has entered shadow and her lives, but I can't picture her ever really leaving...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Baglady wrote:
scottpsr wrote:Don't be hating on the Pats fan. We can't help it if we are one of the best teams in the NFL today. Evan if we can't get the job done in the playoffs

HA! Great to see a loyal NE fan back :up: - the NFL and Switzerland would have a big void without the Pats and their fans. An incredibly talented team and witty, tough fans. Playoff wins??? We Colts fans know the feeling - I'm sure Peyton would be happy to share that 'choke artist' tag - lol!

Yeah, Scott. That's how it started with the decline of the Dolphins. First they weren't getting it done in post season, and then after awhile, there was no post season... :break:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:53 pm

"Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!"

Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:41 am

Emeritus wrote:

"Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!"

I feel your pain, Em.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:51 pm

That Jim Mora rant was the funniest post-game interview that I ever saw.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:27 pm

dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 am

LOL. Just seeing the photo makes me laugh.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 am

dredwak wrote:Image

Too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: - now.... Images like this are what make me appreciate some of the seasons and esp the HC that followed Mora in Indy.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:04 pm

I do wish we could get back to the business of football, and stop all the greedy little goings on...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Unfortunately, football is a business. I love the game, but hate everything about the business.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Emeritus wrote:Unfortunately, football is a business. I love the game, but hate everything about the business.

Agreed. Although, I would be appeased by there being a bit less greed attached to it! :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)