COLTS SET EXAMPLE

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

COLTS SET EXAMPLE

Postby cklaurence » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:19 am

kUDOS to the players! They have behaved admirably and set an example for all the other teams to follow. In this web of greed and more greed, it is reassuring to see a team standing up and doing something other than whine "more, more, more." I'm proud to have chosen them as my second team...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Re: COLTS SET EXAMPLE

Postby Baglady » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm

CK, appreciate the Colts props although I'm not sure what the players have done to earn your praise! I will say I doubt any of them want to do anything that might pizz off Peyton .... And he is one of the 10 player litigants in the anti-trust suit.

Glad to hear Dallas Clark found a facility to rehab after the players were locked out. And, apparently he's always had an acting 'bug' and will have a 2 line cameo appearance on 'Criminal Minds' to air April 13. He figures it might land him a Allstate type commercial - "you're in good hands...." :roll:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Oh Bagsy! I love Criminal Minds--can't wait to see the big episode with Clark.

I was very impressed with the Colt players because they have all spoken up as a team in support of Peyton. I know they don't want to piss him off, but they didn't have to have a show of solidarity like they did. It speaks well for the team, the players and their positive attitudes to see the next season without stoppage. I am impressed.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:17 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEYTON :up:
Attachments
08.jpg
08.jpg (177.74 KiB) Viewed 21508 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:24 pm

Baglady wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEYTON :up:

And from me too, Peyton! Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy yourself--you've earned it. (From your most devoted honorary fan)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:59 pm

LOL, I thing that Reecey is Peyton's biggest fan.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:52 am

Congrats to Peyton and Ashley Manning on their first children, twins Mosley and Marshall born March 31 <3 . Sure was a surprise :o - to some of us. Not sure how they kept it a secret :shock: But Ashley, while successful in her own right in the Indy real estate biz has always tried to keep her private life with Peyton, well, private.... Wonder if Marshall is being recruited yet :?: :?: :?:

And, congrats to grandparents Archie and Olivia Manning, 3 new grandchildren including Eli's daughter born just days earlier.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 am

What are they trying to do, raise their own team? I'm happy for them, but I'm glad that I'm well past having to get up at all hours of the night to check on a baby. It's a good thing that they are adorable.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:56 am

I don't envy the sleep deprivation that goes w/ having newborns but I'm guessing Peyton and Ashley could have help - if they wanted. Heck, I'd babysit - for free :)
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Well, babies should be sleeping through the night by the time (if the time comes...) football season starts. Do you think Peyton will be getting up at all hours and helping with the diaper-changing and feedings?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:40 am

I didn't mind the getting up late at night and all that goes with that, it's part of the wonderful package.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:33 pm

One night when Tom was just a little baby, he just wouldn't quit crying. We had to dress and drive around the neighborhood with him until he fell asleep.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:02 pm

That was a routine with Josh, too Em. He was so hyper! Unfortunately, packing him into the car was unacceptable because that was one of his great dislikes--being belted into a car seat did not agree with him even a little. We had a swing in our bedroom. He would panic in the car seat, but fall immediately to sleep in the swing! Only thing is, the swing had 15 minutes and then it had to be re-wound. We knew the second the fifteen minutes ended because as soon as it stopped swinging, Josh would start crying all over again. Ah, but those were the good old days.... He was so cute and lovable <3 --even with the tears!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 pm

I so understand! It's a priceless experience.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:23 pm

ck, check your Smail.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Diaper duty and middle of the night feedings - I imagine Peyton is doing as much or, as little as he wants. Considering they kept the pregnancy a secret, I doubt we'll know very much about his 'participation'. And, sure it's part of the wonderful experience for new parents, but twins is double the pleasure as well as double everything else. At least it is the 'offseason' ....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:29 pm

I just don't know how people cope with twins.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:41 am

I have one sister and 5 brothers including a set of twins. Amazed today (in retrospect) at how well my parents managed all of it :o . And how all 9 of us survived with ONE full bathroom :shock: ???? The Mannings (all of them) live in a different world but I get the sense they're pretty grounded and have a much needed sense of humor :lol: . G' luck to both Eli and Peyton and their growing families.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 pm

I had one brother (we were never a prolific family) and the four of us lived in an old barn of a house with two bedrooms - one upstairs and one downstairs. That was considered plenty when the house was built in 1906-07. We had no problems. My dad said that a family needed one bathroom for each female and another for all of the males.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Baglady wrote:Diaper duty and middle of the night feedings - I imagine Peyton is doing as much or, as little as he wants. Considering they kept the pregnancy a secret, I doubt we'll know very much about his 'participation'. And, sure it's part of the wonderful experience for new parents, but twins is double the pleasure as well as double everything else. At least it is the 'offseason' ....

i'M BETTING WE HEAR LOTS ABOUT PEYTON'S PERFORMANCE AS A DAD. I THINK HE'LL BE A SUPER DAD TOO. JUST A GUT FEELING, BUT IT' A STRONG ONE!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Emeritus wrote:ck, check your Smail.

No new smail from you, Em...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Er, that was four days ago, ck.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:34 am

Emeritus wrote:Er, that was four days ago, ck.

Ooooops!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Sun May 01, 2011 8:37 am

Colts draft picks: OT Anthony Castonzo (first round), G/OT Ben Ijalana (second round), DT Drake Nevis (third round), RB Delone Carter (fourth round), CB Chris Rucker (sixth round). Overall :up:

LOVE the Castonzo pick - bet Peyton does too :D (never thought he'd still be available at 22). He and Ijalana - the next Glenn and Meadows???? T Glenn and A Meadows were the last 2 OT's the Colts selected in the 1st 2 rounds - a LONG time ago. Can only hope these rookies pan out nearly as well.... Personally liked the 1st 3 picks, the last 2 I'm not sure about. Was hoping the Colts would pick up a Safety but it's all about "value" and the talent available. Until a labor agreement is reached and FA begins it's tough to figure who will get signed / traded.

BTW, CK - believe you started this topic - any chance we can rename it??? "SET EXAMPLE" sounds just a little ah, pompous :oops: - wouldn't want folks getting the wrong impression :roll: ...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon May 02, 2011 10:56 am

Baglady wrote:Colts draft picks: OT Anthony Castonzo (first round), G/OT Ben Ijalana (second round), DT Drake Nevis (third round), RB Delone Carter (fourth round), CB Chris Rucker (sixth round). Overall :up:

LOVE the Castonzo pick - bet Peyton does too :D (never thought he'd still be available at 22). He and Ijalana - the next Glenn and Meadows???? T Glenn and A Meadows were the last 2 OT's the Colts selected in the 1st 2 rounds - a LONG time ago. Can only hope these rookies pan out nearly as well.... Personally liked the 1st 3 picks, the last 2 I'm not sure about. Was hoping the Colts would pick up a Safety but it's all about "value" and the talent available. Until a labor agreement is reached and FA begins it's tough to figure who will get signed / traded.

BTW, CK - believe you started this topic - any chance we can rename it??? "SET EXAMPLE" sounds just a little ah, pompous :oops: - wouldn't want folks getting the wrong impression :roll: ...

I defer to your wishes--and if you want to change it, then so be it; but let's say it like it is--they DID set an example!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Fri May 06, 2011 7:30 am

CK, I'm still not comfortable w/ the "set example" part of this topic - lol! But, it really isn't a big deal...

Goddell had a 1/2 hr 'conference call / fan forum' with.... about 4200 Colts fans earlier this week. The actual call is available to hear on Colts.com. I expected a free for all w/ irate fans but it was well organized w/ fan questions screened. The questions covered:
*Reimbursements of tickets costs in the event of cancelled games

*The # of games, setting aside preseason games and reducing ticket prices for those games
*Possibility of reverting to last season's labor rules while working on a new agreement - in a word, NO
*Drop dead date for getting a full NFL season
*SB status - esp important to Indy fans (because we're hosting it NOT because we're assuming the Colts will play in it for anyone wondering...)
*Rookie salary cap
*Just who is hindering progress (owners or players) - you can imagine his answer. Didn't like he totally threw the players under the bus on that one....
*Concussions and penalties
*SB ticket distribution
*League expansion and realignment based on potential team relocation.

My take was Goddell was in 'damage control' mode and offered predictable NFL spin. Would have been great to have had a Colts player (say J Saturday - one of the players on the negotiating team) participate to 'balance' the answers.... Was glad to hear Goddell say the NFL is committed to Indy hosting a SB - regardless of what happens this season.

I'm certain Goddell is doing this w/ all 32 teams so if interested, go to your teams website for when it's scheduled w/ your team's fans.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri May 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Baglady wrote:CK, I'm still not comfortable w/ the "set example" part of this topic - lol! But, it really isn't a big deal...

Goddell had a 1/2 hr 'conference call / fan forum' with.... about 4200 Colts fans earlier this week. The actual call is available to hear on Colts.com. I expected a free for all w/ irate fans but it was well organized w/ fan questions screened. The questions covered:
*Reimbursements of tickets costs in the event of cancelled games

*The # of games, setting aside preseason games and reducing ticket prices for those games
*Possibility of reverting to last season's labor rules while working on a new agreement - in a word, NO
*Drop dead date for getting a full NFL season
*SB status - esp important to Indy fans (because we're hosting it NOT because we're assuming the Colts will play in it for anyone wondering...)
*Rookie salary cap
*Just who is hindering progress (owners or players) - you can imagine his answer. Didn't like he totally threw the players under the bus on that one....
*Concussions and penaltiesWe had our fan call a few weeks back. I felt as though the questions were not only pre-screened, for info, but I felt as though the majority of them were designed by the commissioner and his staff to cover areas on behalf of the owners and clubs. Everything was just too perfectly set up and the thoughts were just too carefully worded and well, I think it was a set up, even though I was invited to be part of it. I did not try to ask a question, but now wish I had tried to just to see what the deal was!

*SB ticket distribution
*League expansion and realignment based on potential team relocation.

My take was Goddell was in 'damage control' mode and offered predictable NFL spin. Would have been great to have had a Colts player (say J Saturday - one of the players on the negotiating team) participate to 'balance' the answers.... Was glad to hear Goddell say the NFL is committed to Indy hosting a SB - regardless of what happens this season.

I'm certain Goddell is doing this w/ all 32 teams so if interested, go to your teams website for when it's scheduled w/ your team's fans.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Sat May 07, 2011 6:44 am

CK, just a little cynical? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You should have tried to ask a question. I was one of the first few callers to ask one. Had I known I'd actually get through, I might have tried to think of a better question - lol!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat May 07, 2011 8:55 am

Baglady wrote:CK, just a little cynical? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You should have tried to ask a question. I was one of the first few callers to ask one. Had I known I'd actually get through, I might have tried to think of a better question - lol!

I'm so glad to know I was was wrong, and I wish they would put all this garbage to rest!
cklaurence
Godmother

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)