¿ Rumor Mill ?

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

¿ Rumor Mill ?

Postby TryThinking » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm

:down: Titans QB Vince Young will be playing for the Vikings in 2011. :down:
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Re: ¿ Rumor Mill ?

Postby Baglady » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:09 am

TryThinking wrote: :down: Titans QB Vince Young will be playing for the Vikings in 2011. :down:

Believe V Young went on IR but is still on the Titans roster so w/ Fisher gone, I'll be surprised if V Young goes anywhere else. As a Colts fan :D

And, while I don't think much of T Jackson as a QB, Webb did impress me w/ his play ag the Eagles so I'm not sure the Vikings are in the market for another QB :?:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Baglady wrote:
TryThinking wrote: :down: Titans QB Vince Young will be playing for the Vikings in 2011. :down:

Believe V Young went on IR but is still on the Titans roster so w/ Fisher gone, I'll be surprised if V Young goes anywhere else. As a Colts fan :D

And, while I don't think much of T Jackson as a QB, Webb did impress me w/ his play ag the Eagles so I'm not sure the Vikings are in the market for another QB :?:

I'm not a VY fan by any means and don't really care where he ends up as long as it's not with the Dolphins. :shock:

My guess is that Adams will make Mike Munchak the new HC.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Bud Adams is the one who insisted that the Titans draft Vince Young, so I expect him to stay. I have nothing to support that belief, it's just my guess based on what I know about the two of them. Vince thrived at Texas, where Mack Brown really knows how to handle talented, but immature players. Unless he grows up, I don't think that Vince will ever amount to much in the NFL.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:48 pm

Emeritus wrote:Bud Adams is the one who insisted that the Titans draft Vince Young, so I expect him to stay. I have nothing to support that belief, it's just my guess based on what I know about the two of them. Vince thrived at Texas, where Mack Brown really knows how to handle talented, but immature players. Unless he grows up, I don't think that Vince will ever amount to much in the NFL.

I already put some of my thoughts on this here --> http://cklaurence.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=166#p10199
My opinion BEFORE VY came out of the draft was that I thought out of the three Leinart/Young/Cutler, Cutler would have the best NFL career. I think that has come to fruition so far.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:06 pm

TryThinking wrote:
Emeritus wrote:Bud Adams is the one who insisted that the Titans draft Vince Young, so I expect him to stay. I have nothing to support that belief, it's just my guess based on what I know about the two of them. Vince thrived at Texas, where Mack Brown really knows how to handle talented, but immature players. Unless he grows up, I don't think that Vince will ever amount to much in the NFL.

I already put some of my thoughts on this here --> http://cklaurence.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=166#p10199
My opinion BEFORE VY came out of the draft was that I thought out of the three Leinart/Young/Cutler, Cutler would have the best NFL career. I think that has come to fruition so far.

I sure think that you're right. I think that it will only get better for Cutler. He has landed in the right place and he has the maturity to let himself be taught by an offensive mastermind. If he gets better protection, he could tear up the NFL.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:00 am

TryThinking wrote:
Baglady wrote:

I'm not a VY fan by any means and don't really care where he ends up as long as it's not with the Dolphins. :shock:

TT, yes, Munchak is the anticipated choice to be the Titans new HC although to comply w/ the Rooney rule, word is the Titans will interview NYG DC P Fewell *.
However, the Titans are still expected to trade / release V Young and I've even heard speculation that he could end up in *gasp* Miami :o !!! But I don't know enough about the Dolphins new OC to know if that's realistic.... :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Baglady on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Baglady wrote:
TryThinking wrote:I'm not a VY fan by any means and don't really care where he ends up as long as it's not with the Dolphins. :shock:

TT, yes, Munchak is the anticipated choice to be the Titans new HC although to comply w/ the Rooney rule, word is the Titans will contact NO DC G Williams but he's expected to stay in NO.
However, the Titans are still expected to trade / release V Young and I've even heard speculation that he could end up in *gasp* Miami :o !!! But I don't know enough about the Dolphins new OC to know if that's realistic.... :?: :?: :?:

I may have to adopt a second team to pour all my emotions into next year if VY goes to the Phins. They've become a manage-mental joke with their actions in the past few years...
Disappointing to say the least..... of course that's IF there is a season next year..... CBA seems to be in stall mode at the moment and the testosterone is flowing.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:03 pm

TryThinking wrote:
Baglady wrote:
TryThinking wrote:I'm not a VY fan by any means and don't really care where he ends up as long as it's not with the Dolphins. :shock:

TT, yes, Munchak is the anticipated choice to be the Titans new HC although to comply w/ the Rooney rule, word is the Titans will contact NO DC G Williams but he's expected to stay in NO.

I may have to adopt a second team to pour all my emotions into next year if VY goes to the Phins. They've become a manage-mental joke with their actions in the past few years...
Disappointing to say the least..... of course that's IF there is a season next year..... CBA seems to be in stall mode at the moment and the testosterone is flowing.

Need a second team??? Plenty of room on the COLTS bandwagon ;)
As much $$$$ is at stake I'll be shocked if we don't have a NFL season. It may be abbreviated but there sure is a lot of 'negotiating' to do to get to an agreement.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:59 pm

Baglady wrote:Need a second team??? Plenty of room on the COLTS bandwagon ;)
As much $$$$ is at stake I'll be shocked if we don't have a NFL season. It may be abbreviated but there sure is a lot of 'negotiating' to do to get to an agreement.

It sure looks like they're butting heads at the moment, but hopefully they can geter done before next season.
Yeah, I don't dislike the
Colts but that probably would not be the team that I would adopt for next season if it came to that. ;)
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 am

LOL, you could always become the other Texans fan. You sure wouldn't have to worry about anybody calling you a bandwagon fan!
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Don't forget me, Ms B! I know we are on the downside of Peyton's career, but I'm sure your owner and gm aren't going to throw the Colts off the cliff as has happened with my Fins. We have a friggin' revolving door of coaches, owners, players and same goes with our stadium. The joke here is who is going to own and what are they going to call the stadium(?) 'this' year! Owners: Robbie, Huizenga, Ross. Head Coaches: Johnson, Wannstadt, Saban, Cameron, (Parcells)Sparano, Sparano. STADIUM NAMES: Joe Robbie Stadium / Pro Player Park / Pro Player Stadium / Dolphins Stadium / Dolphin Stadium / Land Shark Stadium / Sun Life Stadium. QUARTERBACKS???? Danny M., Pat White, John Beck, Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper :down: -- How grand it would have been had we taken Devin Hester or Maurice Jones-Drew or Brandon Marshall, who were available with the No. 2 pick Miami traded to Minnesota for a guy who started all of four games here. Oh, and then there's that issue about some QB named Drew Brees--you know, the guy that led the Saints to the Lombardi Trophy last year? (whom Nick Saban shooed away from Davie), Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels, A.J. Feeley, Trent Green, Daman Huard, Brian Griese, Chad Henne, Jay Fiedler, Chad Pennington, Tyler Thigpen... :break:

Excuse me while I go find a box of Kleenex to wipe away my tears..
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:04 pm

CK, I could never forget your support for the COLTS <3 . I was just offering TT a 'suggestion' if he needs a 2nd team to pull for. Your list of Dolphin personnel is about as long as pre Dungy, pre Peyton in Indy - ugh :cry:

Read today where the Eagles are going to put the franchise tag on Vick (who would have thought that a yr ago.... :o ) and try to trade K Kolb. Anyone have a team looking for a decent (or better) QB who's only 26??? :?:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Not us. Our quarterback has thrown for over 9000 yards in the last two years.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Thank you, Em, for that wonderful, wonderful chuckle! I have had one of the worst days in a long time (and that's going some for me!)--and I really, really appreciate your note on your QB's dramatic statistics. BTW, what's his name again? ;)

Ms B: We (as I have often mentioned) were blessed in Miami. Shortly after the team was formed, Joe Robbie found Bob Griese. A short little period after his tenure as the Dolphins' QB followed, during which we hardly suffered through David Woodley (R.I.P.), Don Strock, Woodstrock and then, there he was, Griese's replacement, Dan Marino! Even though we only got to one SB with Dan, which (as everyone knows) we lost, there was rarely a season that we not only went to the playoffs, but fared well enough to get damned close to going back to the SB. They were very exciting for Miami Fans--and, of course, we had the National Championship Canes receiving rings on top of rings to make us proud. Unfortunately, the fall from Grace hit hard and fast! The rest is history, which I have documented in and around Switzerland today...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:05 pm

matt schaub.jpg
matt schaub.jpg (10.31 KiB) Viewed 26439 times

During the 2009 and 2010 seasons, Matt Schaub passed for a combined 9,140 yards. Not bad for a 90th pick.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:27 am

Baglady wrote:

Read today where the Eagles are going to put the franchise tag on Vick (who would have thought that a yr ago.... :o ) and try to trade K Kolb. Anyone have a team looking for a decent (or better) QB who's only 26??? :?:

~raises hand~
I'd take him over what we have at the moment..... of course there are others I would like more :D
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:32 am

We need a good backup quarterback. With Matt Schaub out, we're dead. We have Leinart to trade.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Emeritus wrote:
matt schaub.jpg

During the 2009 and 2010 seasons, Matt Schaub passed for a combined 9,140 yards. Not bad for a 90th pick.

Danny-Boy was 27th. I'm thinking, "look past the first and highest draft choices for the better QBs," till I think of Henne.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Emeritus wrote:We need a good backup quarterback. With Matt Schaub out, we're dead. We have Leinart to trade.

Em, I'm not sure any NFL franchise depends as much on one player as the Colts do on Peyton Manning. Fortunately he's only missed one snap his entire NFL career due to injury :up: . But, you never know. Hmmm, wonder if you'd want Painter for Leinart - throw in A Foster and I'll be sure Polian makes the trade - lol!

CK, I have no idea what your new OC is gonna do about the Dolphin's QB (thought I heard Pennington was coming back :?: :?: ) or any of your offensive players :? (ah, no pun intended....)
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:44 pm

* on my previous post, the Titans are interviewing Atlanta's OC M Mularkey, NO's DC G Williams and the NYG DC P Fewell. The Titans would comply w/ the NFL's Rooney Rule by interviewing Fewell (NOT Williams - my bad earlier).
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:26 am

Damn, was watching a great Superbowl with the Dolphins winning it in spectacular fashion in Overtime! Then I farted and woke myself up to realize I was just dreaming.......... :roll:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:00 am

You need to watch your diet. I have to avoid beans and cabbage, since both cause flatulence. Naturally they are two of the foods that I most love.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:17 am

Emeritus wrote:You need to watch your diet. I have to avoid beans and cabbage, since both cause flatulence. Naturally they are two of the foods that I most love.

LMBO, Em!

Meanwhile, I'm off to the Mystery Writers of America annual "Sleuthfest," (the FL division's series of workshops, etc.), and I'm not going to take my laptop, so will be out of commission for a few days. This is the first one I've attended without my dear friend and mentor Barbara Parker--so it is bittersweet. I'll be doing today by myself, but tomorrow my brother and another friend of mine will be with me. I'm really looking forward to it on some levels because I'm going to be in a couple of workshops with Dennis Lehane, who is one of my favorite writers.

I'll be thinking of everyone...take care! (I'm glad I have this going on to take my mind off of the (so-called) 'talks' between owners and players. Really? During a period of time when the economy is in the tank and most Americans are worrying about food for their tables and gas for their cars--I think the owners and players both need a reality check! My concerns (were I a player) would be health care for life (helloooo????) and retirement. As much as I believe that players deserve a lot of special consideration because they offer their bodies up every time they walk onto the field, and never know when or if that LAST hit will come, I also believe that as rookies, they should have to prove themselves up and not be paid more than most veterans just because they were great in college.

Oh well, see you Sunday evening or Monday some time. Have a great (football-less) weekend (if you can). I'm glad I have this diversion...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby 16Forever » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:52 am

TryThinking wrote:Damn, was watching a great Superbowl with the Dolphins winning it in spectacular fashion in Overtime! Then I farted and woke myself up to realize I was just dreaming.......... :roll:

Uhhhh more of a nightmare huh? Sorry...16Forever baby!!!!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bow ... r-Bowl-XIX

NINERS!
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:28 am

Bad trip, man! You need to smoke some better stuff!
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:17 pm

16Forever wrote:
TryThinking wrote:Damn, was watching a great Superbowl with the Dolphins winning it in spectacular fashion in Overtime! Then I farted and woke myself up to realize I was just dreaming.......... :roll:

NINERS!

I won't bring back any bad memories of 13 not getting his ring.... I'm sure that is what that wonderful link is :roll:
They just plain got out played on that day..... Now if we could only just get some football this year ..... :(
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Emeritus wrote:Bad trip, man! You need to smoke some better stuff!

Seriously, I guy from California needs better stuff? LOL I'll match anything across the country NOT from here! :lol:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:14 pm

How 'bout that Charlie Sheen, huh? Late at night, when no one was around in my hotel room (but me, ha ha), I planted myself in front of the television (I'll deny this if you dare tell anyone!!!)how much I was enjoying his interviews with media-folk. I'm not sure where the truth of any of his babble was (if any at all), but I am a child of the '60s/'70s, so I consider myself expert enough to tell you all that he was definitely ON SOMETHING very hallucen-o-genic most all of the time. That man is A MESS!!!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby 16Forever » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 am

TT it's a crying shame that #16 never got a ring, he certainly deserved it...On the other hand "memories" are all I have of the glory days. I think we're in a 3 decade rebuilding mode. I'm glad we have a new coach however one must ponder the rumor that Harby is going to keep Ahole Smith? Have a nice day - 16

TryThinking wrote:
16Forever wrote:

NINERS!

I won't bring back any bad memories of 13 not getting his ring.... I'm sure that is what that wonderful link is :roll:
They just plain got out played on that day..... Now if we could only just get some football this year ..... :(
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Next

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)