Dolphan Central

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Dolphan Central

Postby TryThinking » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:16 am

Here's to hoping that 2011 Dolphins can surprise me in a positive way!
Last edited by TryThinking on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Re: Dolphan Central

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:01 am

Sincerest wishes that my friend Try Thinking is correct. Welcome 2011...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Hmmmmmm where the heck are these seats located? I don't think I've ever had football seats for only $25. :?

FACEBOOK FINATICS: Dolphins 2011 season tickets are now on sale! For a very limited time, purchase full-season tickets for just $25 per game! Don't miss the exciting home schedule featuring the Patriots, Jets, Bills, Eagles, Broncos, Raiders, Texans and Redskins
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 pm

TryThinking wrote:Hmmmmmm where the heck are these seats located? I don't think I've ever had football seats for only $25. :?

FACEBOOK FINATICS: Dolphins 2011 season tickets are now on sale! For a very limited time, purchase full-season tickets for just $25 per game! Don't miss the exciting home schedule featuring the Patriots, Jets, Bills, Eagles, Broncos, Raiders, Texans and Redskins

I know EXACTLY where those seats are, Try. Trust me--you'd be much happier paying nothing and coming to the games as my guest. Seats on about the 45 yard line...

BTW. What are your thoughts about the new Offensive Coordinator? Taken from Cleveland, which had the 29th ranked offense to the Dolphins' 22nd. WTF????? :x
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:53 am

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:Hmmmmmm where the heck are these seats located? I don't think I've ever had football seats for only $25. :?

I know EXACTLY where those seats are, Try. Trust me--you'd be much happier paying nothing and coming to the games as my guest. Seats on about the 45 yard line...

BTW. What are your thoughts about the new Offensive Coordinator? Taken from Cleveland, which had the 29th ranked offense to the Dolphins' 22nd. WTF????? :x

I'm still numb from them resigning Sparano & Ireland..... :shock:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Just out of curiousity why is Dolphin spelled incorrectly? If it's a reference to Fin fans shouldn't it be DolFan Central? Thanks in advance for your time.
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:58 pm

16Forever wrote:Just out of curiousity why is Dolphin spelled incorrectly? If it's a reference to Fin fans shouldn't it be DolFan Central? Thanks in advance for your time.

Been using "ph" instead of "f" for many a year, I use it quite frequently when I say phunny instead of funny too. ;)
~snickers at curiosity~ :P
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:13 pm

:up: Miami Interested in DeAngelo Williams :up:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:30 am

TryThinking wrote:
16Forever wrote:Just out of curiousity why is Dolphin spelled incorrectly? If it's a reference to Fin fans shouldn't it be DolFan Central? Thanks in advance for your time.

Been using "ph" instead of "f" for many a year, I use it quite frequently when I say phunny instead of funny too. ;)
~snickers at curiosity~ :P

Thank you TT...Have a great weekend.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:45 am

Saw this write up on the Dolphins and thought CK, TT and any other Dolphins fans might find it ... interesting esp the idea of V Young as QB :?: :?: :?: (already anticipating the thumb icon here - lol!)

"Down in Miami, Bill Parcells has bailed on hand-picked GM Jeff Ireland, who is definitely under the gun with owner Stephen Ross. This is year four in the Ireland-Tony Sparano marriage and with Ross demanding a more creative offense, Ireland better turn into a magician pretty quickly. He also has to make a decision on whether or not to retain running back Ronnie Brown or simply draft a new one like Alabama’s Mark Ingram with the No. 15 pick in the first round. Brian Daboll, whose Cleveland’s offense was actually statistically worse than Miami’s last season, has been charged with fixing Chad Henne, now 13-14 as a starter, while devising schemes to get expensive Brandon Marshall more touches.
Ireland can fix his team’s interior offensive line ills if there is a free-agency period, but when is that going to happen? Ireland does have capable lieutenants like Brian Gaine, the assistant director of player personnel, to help save his job. It’s never good, though, working for an impatient owner. It will be imperative that Ireland sign a quarterback to compete with Henne — and you have to wonder if Vince Young is on his radar."
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:38 am

CK, thought my comments for your Dolphins focus group might be best here….
Glad you had a positive experience at Lucas Oil Stadium. The product put on the field imo hugely impacts our impression of our stadiums. At Land Shark (think that’s the current name?), they need to lose the baseball diamond :down: once the NFL season begins. And, yes, I agree w/ you, less emphasis the Hollywood types :down: and more on the players, staff and the folks creating all the revenue brought in – FANS! The food concessions could use an overhaul imo – better selection and quantity (they ran out of a number of food selections at the SB last yr – before halftime).
Lucas host family oriented events before all the home games – not sure if Land Shark does? And, as a season ticket holder I receive weekly email updates throughout the season – do you? I can send you examples of each if needed.
I have read Miami will not host another SB until the stadium is upgraded or replaced – just sayin….

Also, CK, I think I mentioned to you TB did not sell out a single home game in spite a winning season. They are reducing season ticket prices by 40% as well as parking fees. I think preseason tic prices should be a fraction of reg season game prices for ALL NFL teams.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks for article, Bags. Vince Young? There's a reason he's out for hire (again), and haven't we just picked up enough washed up QBs to try to patch it up over the past ten years. Puh-lease! Something radical needs to be done here--radical AND great! The article touches on all the basic garbage at Dolphin camp, and the coach is one of the biggies. You can't keep the same coach on (Wannstadt?) when he has 4 years already and still hasn't put a solid team together. So why do we still have Sparano--and now an offensive coordinator who ran an offense that was considerably worse than ours??? Grrrrr... :down: :down: :down:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 am

Baglady wrote:CK, thought my comments for your Dolphins focus group might be best here….
Glad you had a positive experience at Lucas Oil Stadium. The product put on the field imo hugely impacts our impression of our stadiums. At Land Shark (think that’s the current name?), they need to lose the baseball diamond :down: once the NFL season begins. And, yes, I agree w/ you, less emphasis the Hollywood types :down: and more on the players, staff and the folks creating all the revenue brought in – FANS! The food concessions could use an overhaul imo – better selection and quantity (they ran out of a number of food selections at the SB last yr – before halftime).
Lucas host family oriented events before all the home games – not sure if Land Shark does? And, as a season ticket holder I receive weekly email updates throughout the season – do you? I can send you examples of each if needed.
I have read Miami will not host another SB until the stadium is upgraded or replaced – just sayin….

Also, CK, I think I mentioned to you TB did not sell out a single home game in spite a winning season. They are reducing season ticket prices by 40% as well as parking fees. I think preseason tic prices should be a fraction of reg season game prices for ALL NFL teams.

Agreed, agreed, agreed! BTW, they do have all kinds of stuff going on before the games and they even gave season ticket holders those electronic thingies that allow us to check everything from news, to replays and scores around the NFL while Dolphins are playingl I've never known them to run out of food during a regular game, though. They must have messed up the count for the SB. Baseball stadium, I'm pretty sure, is already built and that's where they'll be playing this year. I hated that Robbie built it for 2 sports, but thank goodness, that's in the past now. They have been working on major renovations for a couple of years now. I can't imagine then building a new one--after all, ours opened in 1991, I believe. Our ticket prices were not raised (how benevolent)--but Ross would probably sell the team before lowering prices. Hmmmm--I would love to lose him most of all!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby 16Forever » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:18 am

Shockey will look good in teal.
16Forever
Veteran

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)