The Lounge

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: The Lounge

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:02 pm

I'll drink to that== To all the Swiss Family. Past, present and future. *Hooverers, hoverers. sneak-peakers and stinking sneakers! May you all be healthy and visit Switzerland often, and may we have a football season to discuss!!! ((((((LOOKING WILDLY AROUND THE BAR FOR A MUG, CHAMPAGNE GLASS AND/OR A BOTTLE TO TOAST WITH...)))))
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Here's an extra fruit jar to drink from. After all, we're doing it Cajun style.

Looking at that first sentence, I'm reminded of the occasion when Winston Churchill, as a MP, was criticized in Parliament for ending a sentence with a preposition. He nailed his critic with a stare and declared, "This is nonsense up with which I refuse to put."
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:00 pm

cklaurence wrote:I'll drink to that== To all the Swiss Family. Past, present and future. *Hooverers, hoverers. sneak-peakers and stinking sneakers! May you all be healthy and visit Switzerland often, and may we have a football season to discuss!!! ((((((LOOKING WILDLY AROUND THE BAR FOR A MUG, CHAMPAGNE GLASS AND/OR A BOTTLE TO TOAST WITH...)))))

~raises glass~ I'll drink to that!!
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm agreeable. I'll drink to anything anybody else is drinking to.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:57 pm

So here we all are, ready to toast, with or without our prepositions at the ends of our sentences, and STILL no season to toast! Damn... I am noticing that the NFL radio talk is starting to get very positive--they seem to think it will all be settled by July 5th. Do you suppose there's something that they know, that we don't know???
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Previous

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)