*SUPERBOWL SUNDAY*

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

*SUPERBOWL SUNDAY*

Postby Pollster » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:46 am

Packers vs. Steelers

Pick your team and what you think the final score will be?
The winner (closest to final score) will get the Swiss trophy avatar to wear for a week. (yours to use whenever you wish also)

Good luck and it's been fun watching your weekly picks. :D
1 vote per person is all we ask!
Pollster

Re: *SUPERBOWL SUNDAY*

Postby Emeritus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:33 am

I'll take the Packers by 24-21.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:40 am

Packers - well I was going to predict 24-21, but Em beat me to it SO go with 20-17
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 pm

(Good morning Switzerland.)

I hate both teams (but I'm so, so happy the Jets are out of it, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA to that nasty-ass-pig-of-a-coach)--with very sincere apologies to my dear Jason Taylor. Would have been thrilled for him to have a chance... (Maybe he'll come home now? I'd be happy to have that 'old' guy on my team any day of the week!

OH, so WHO do I take for the Superbowl? In my thoughts--I'm still mad at that Coach and GM at Green Bay for driving Brett out. (Yes, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.) The damned Steelers? Cheaters. Don't really want to see them get ANOTHER ring--their fans are obnoxious enough already.

So it's the big eenie, meenie for me. (A few seconds pass while The Godmother does the eemie meenie minie moe thingy...))

STEELERS... :roll:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Oopsie. I need a score (if anyone picks the Steelers, that is)--chances are, we'll be the only 3 voting. Ms Bags might not have computer coverage for the next three weeks. Hopefully, she'll be checking in, but not 100% sure she'll get here.

Thinking.

Thinking...

Thinking.....

21-10
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Packers 27...Steelers 23
dredwak
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 am

I'm going to wait until the last minute to make my pick and see who all is healthy. Right now I'm leaning towards the Steelers though. :o
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 am

Am on a borrowed pc hoping to get an internet connection on mine soon.....
I'm w/ TT on waiting till closer to the SB to make my pick but am leaning toward GB.... Amazing how close both teams are in terms of points scored and points allowed. Am thinking it could be an OT game - can't remember seeing an OT SB????
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 pm

dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Baglady wrote:Am on a borrowed pc hoping to get an internet connection on mine soon.....
I'm w/ TT on waiting till closer to the SB to make my pick but am leaning toward GB.... Amazing how close both teams are in terms of points scored and points allowed. Am thinking it could be an OT game - can't remember seeing an OT SB????

Not to worry, Ms Bags--seems it's just me, dred, you, Em, TT, Peace and the Hooverers around right now any-old-way. Not that we don't rock the world all by our little old selves, but I'm just sayin'...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:24 pm

cklaurence wrote:
Baglady wrote:Am on a borrowed pc hoping to get an internet connection on mine soon.....

Not to worry, Ms Bags--seems it's just me, dred, you, Em, TT, Peace and the Hooverers around right now any-old-way. Not that we don't rock the world all by our little old selves, but I'm just sayin'...

Oooops! I forgot my attitude, size and color in that last post--well, here it is, back again! :up:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby 16Forever » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:01 pm

cklaurence wrote:
cklaurence wrote:

Oooops! I forgot my attitude, size and color in that last post--well, here it is, back again! :up:

I'm here too...
16Forever
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:42 pm

REVISED MY PREDICTION TO 24-17 PACKERS!
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:24 am

After much consideration and, Pouncey declared inactive.... I'll suggest Packers 28, Steelers 17 :?: :?: :?:

Hope everyone enjoys the game and, the pregame Obama interview. Both should be interesting - hope so :|
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:05 pm

I just got a feeling that Rodgers is going to get hurt and that would be a huge problem for GB. Even with Pouncey out, they've filled their holes time and again this year and I'm sure that Legursky will step up. They've had two weeks to work on the snap.
Steelers 27-24
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:12 pm

dredwak
All Pro

Postby Pollster » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:03 am

It looks like the guesses are in:

Emeritus = Packers 24-21
16Forever = Packers 24-17
cklaurence = Steelers 24-10
dredwak = Packers 27-23
Baglady = Packers 28-17
TryThinking = Steelers 27-24

Good luck
Pollster

Postby dredwak » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:38 pm

close call...for the Pack...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:01 pm

touchdown Packers...Image
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Image hahaha
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:46 pm

21-3...hahaha...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Pollster » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:33 am

Congratulations Dredwak for coming the closest to the correct score.
Missed by 6 points total!

You now have the SBS Champion av on for the next week, obviously you can change it before that if you desire. :up:
Pollster

Postby Baglady » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:52 am

Congrats dred :up: And the Packers :D

Have to say it was awful to see the National Anthem messed up :cry: .... think the gal from Glee could have done a better job. Half time show - ugh.... And where were all the good commercials???? Doritos - not sure I'll ever eat them again :down:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 am

Baglady wrote:Congrats dred :up: And the Packers :D

Have to say it was awful to see the National Anthem messed up :cry: .... think the gal from Glee could have done a better job. Half time show - ugh.... And where were all the good commercials???? Doritos - not sure I'll ever eat them again :down:

Yes congrats to dred on the pick :up: I enjoyed the game.
Yep too bad that Christina screwed up on the National anthem, she later apologized and explained why.

Aguilera opened up about the gaffe in a statement. "I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place," says the star. "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."
Prior to the performance, the veteran entertainer said she was psyched to sing the patriotic ditty before millions of viewers.
"I have been performing the anthem since I was seven years old and I must say the Super Bowl is a dream come true...I am really excited to be part of such an iconic event."

All I can say is I would never be able to go out there and perform something like that in front of so many people. The nerves must be incredible and I give her a pass for it. (even though I like the song sung traditionally without so much drama)
I think Lea Michele did a great job of America the beautiful. :up:

I think we disagree about the halftime show as the consensus there was pretty much unanimous that everyone loved it. I am a huge Black Eyed Peas fan too so I had to agree. The microphone problem that Fergie was having was unfortunate, but shit happens and she was a professional and performed through it. Everyone was glued to the TVs watching it or dancing in the restaurant at the same time. The only part I didn't really care for was with Usher as I'm not really a fan of his. I think sometimes we are influenced by the people that we are around at the time and there was a good mix from like 30s to 50s and the energy level was high. ;) It was kind of like being caught up at a concert atmosphere there, so I enjoyed it. :up:

Yes I have to agree about the commercials being sub-par, but I didn't really get to watch them until later when I got home, then I pulled them up online and re-watched them all. I was doing the Super Bowl party at my sisters new restaurant/pub and we were doing raffle give aways at each commercial as everyone was watching on the 6 different TVs. We also had two football pools going too, so there were the quarterly winners getting all excited at the same time. It was a pretty happy atmosphere with lots of food; beer, wine and champagne involved.

All in all I gave it a :up:
:up:

TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:29 am

as a football fan i thought the game was a good one...all you can ask for...with the outcome decided on the last drive of the team who is behind in the score...i didnt care for the halftime show...but it was entertaining...(but im old) i thought the snickers commercial...with roseanne getting clobbered was the best...followed by the doritos with the chinese pug...thank you for the congrats...but it was just a guess... Image
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:32 pm

I guess it's just me. I watched the first half at a party and left at commercial. Watched the rest alone at home in my bedroom. I thought (most of all in the 4th quarter) I was watching a BLOOPER commercial! I have never seen such a joke with the penalties and errors and mistakes by the two teams that were in the Super Bowl, dammit!

I am disillusioned to the nth degree by this past season. It was just plain weird, from start to finish. Yes, the biggest part was the major disappointment by my beloved Dolphins. Also, knowing that the offensive 'genius' they brought in to help fix the team's offensive problems, coached a team that was about five teams BELOW the Dolphins in offense. Boggles my mind!!!!!!!!!!

:down: TOP TEN DISAPPOINTMENTS OF 2010 NFL SEASON :break: :

1. Dolphins
2. Refereeing
3. Refereeing
4. Cheaters
5. Refereeing
6. Parity
7. Cheaters
8. Refereeing
9. Dolphins
10. Dolphins, Refereeing, Cheaters, Parity, Ben Ruthlessberger, Tom Brady and the entire Patriot organization, Ryan and the entire Jet organization, Steven Ross and his entire cast of movie and rock stars... Aw, Hell! I think you all get the idea :break: :break: :break: :down: ...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 pm

LOL, ck, did ANYTHING happen last year that you approved of? I admit that I wanted a do-over on the season myself, but I imagine that was just because my Texans were a disappointment.

On another note, I was highly impressed by how well the MVP performed in the face of unrelenting pressure. Aaron Rogers is the real thing.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Emeritus wrote:LOL, ck, did ANYTHING happen last year that you approved of? I admit that I wanted a do-over on the season myself, but I imagine that was just because my Texans were a disappointment.

On another note, I was highly impressed by how well the MVP performed in the face of unrelenting pressure. Aaron Rogers is the real thing.

Naw, Em--there was really NOTHING I approved of this past season. It really felt like disappointment after disappointment and the idiocy of 'we have more movie stars per square inch than any other team' (or that's how it seemed to me), drove me over the edge... :down: :down: :down:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:14 pm

LOL, I admit that it sounds like somebody needs to get their priorities straight. I've never understood the public fascination with "celebrities" - people who are famous for being famous. I have no interest in the latest infantile antics of some egocentric public spectacle.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:37 am

Please see 'BREAKING NEWS...' :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Next

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)