AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed May 03, 2017 6:58 pm

LOL
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed May 03, 2017 7:01 pm

I don't think Juwan "Howard" Thompson is all that good anyway. With Janovich back from injury he's expendable. Bibbs was more valuable that him but had trade value.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed May 03, 2017 7:19 pm

You know what I went to school with a Ron Howard close enough. Now back to the defense. The team released Bobby Richardson today when the resigned Billy Winn so Elway is trying to make the team better. He just needs a starting QB that not named Siemian.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-r ... n-52612887
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Hoppy wrote:You know what I went to school with a Ron Howard close enough. Now back to the defense. The team released Bobby Richardson today when the resigned Billy Winn so Elway is trying to make the team better. He just needs a starting QB that not named Siemian.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-r ... n-52612887

We'll see how it goes. I think whoever starts the season will be on a short leash and those after him. This wasn't a QB year either in free agency or especially the draft. If we make a move next year the menu is much better. Be patient Hop. Give the two youngsters a chance first and then you know we'll move on. Neither Cutler or Kap is more than a distraction and a panic decision. We need something much better and different than both of those two.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Wed May 03, 2017 8:43 pm

LOL... I think I know what happened Hop. You just have been around so long, that your brain is overloaded with info. I tell my kids, "It's not that I'm forgetful or senile, It's that I just have way to much knowledge up there". You just conjoined Juwan Thompson with Juwan Howard of Michigan's Fab Five fame. Easy to do with "Juwan" being a rare given name, and "Howard" and "Thompson" being common surnames. That would be my excuse and I would stick to it! :D
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 04, 2017 3:08 pm

IckyIPA wrote:LOL... I think I know what happened Hop. You just have been around so long, that your brain is overloaded with info. I tell my kids, "It's not that I'm forgetful or senile, It's that I just have way to much knowledge up there". You just conjoined Juwan Thompson with Juwan Howard of Michigan's Fab Five fame. Easy to do with "Juwan" being a rare given name, and "Howard" and "Thompson" being common surnames. That would be my excuse and I would stick to it! :D

Well there you have it That is what happened and I will pay you Dr. Icky as soon as you send me the bill. Thought I was slipping a little. Getting old as Utah. LOL!!
there is only one QB out there now By the way Jay is looking into broadcasting
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Ja ... r-52622303
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu May 04, 2017 3:43 pm

Hoppy wrote:Well there you have it That is what happened and I will pay you Dr. Icky as soon as you send me the bill. Thought I was slipping a little. Getting old as Utah. LOL!!
there is only one QB out there now By the way Jay is looking into broadcasting
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Ja ... r-52622303

Why would you want to watch or listen to Jay Cutler? The guy always looks stoned and out of it. That would be the most boring broadcast ever.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Cutler would be worse than most of the ones that got fired...lol

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:36 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Cutler would be worse than most of the ones that got fired...lol

** I would agree, We know that Tony Romo will be WAY better than Phil Simms. I'm not sure I could stomach Jay Cutler live color commentary. I mean doesn't he throw interceptions like whatshisname? Oh yeah, "I smile as I throw a game changing interception Tommy Maddox" formerly known as "Touchdown Tommy" I think there is a guy who "could" wear that moniker better, BUT I won't say his name. :down: :down:
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 04, 2017 6:54 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Cutler would be worse than most of the ones that got fired...lol

** I would agree, We know that Tony Romo will be WAY better than Phil Simms. I'm not sure I could stomach Jay Cutler live color commentary. I mean doesn't he throw interceptions like whatshisname? Oh yeah, "I smile as I throw a game changing interception Tommy Maddox" formerly known as "Touchdown Tommy" I think there is a guy who "could" wear that moniker better, BUT I won't say his name. :down: :down:

Romo has a personality. Cutler had to marry one......
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu May 04, 2017 6:58 pm

We'll put that one on the books as "Pro Bono", Hop. I think I get a tax break for assisting the elderly... :up: :D :up:
I bet that Cutler would have ratings through the roof on the radio. People wanting to call in and berate him on the air. Not sure what anybody would think he could bring to a broadcast booth though.
heh heh...."Old as Utah"....heh heh :twisted:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 04, 2017 7:01 pm

IckyIPA wrote:We'll put that one on the books as "Pro Bono", Hop. I think I get a tax break for assisting the elderly... :up: :D :up:
I bet that Cutler would have ratings through the roof on the radio. People wanting to call in and berate him on the air. Not sure what anybody would think he could bring to a broadcast booth though.

Hop's a year old than me. Don't let him shit you.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu May 04, 2017 7:04 pm

Howdy Jarhead! Good to see ya stop by. I think I'd take Romo over Simms, and definitely over Bratler. One thing about Tony, you never really heard him bitch or brag. I think he handled all the media scrutiny about him, pretty well over the years. They rode him early and often. That kind of demeanor would be welcome on my screen.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 04, 2017 7:04 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:We'll put that one on the books as "Pro Bono", Hop. I think I get a tax break for assisting the elderly... :up: :D :up:

Hop's a year old than me. Don't let him shit you.

Oh yeah That's right I guess I am getting old but just remember Dirt is a few day older than I am.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Then dirt must a couple of years older than me too....lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu May 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Yup Ute, he's got you by a bit age wise, but you guys are dead even on "Crusty Old Fart" scale.That's a title I wear proudly too.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 04, 2017 7:07 pm

The team released 3 no name players today making roo for their UDFA.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-r ... s-52627987
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 04, 2017 7:08 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Yup Ute, he's got you by a bit age wise, but you guys are dead even on "Crusty Old Fart" scale.That's a title I wear proudly too.

I call that wisdom You don't grow old being a fool
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Thu May 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Hoppy wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:Yup Ute, he's got you by a bit age wise, but you guys are dead even on "Crusty Old Fart" scale.That's a title I wear proudly too.

:up: :D :up:
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 04, 2017 7:12 pm

Hoppy wrote:

8-) :up:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Thu May 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Wow! 19 UDFAs? They are scrapping the heap from the bottom this year, big time! I Like that Coach Joseph is thinking about the future, by getting kids in that fit his plan, rather than making do with Kubes leftover stockpile.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 04, 2017 7:18 pm

I am going through an old life crisis though...(not to be confused with a middle life crisis). I've bought a Vette, guitars, a drone, and other assorted toys for my impending retirement..(In about 1-2 years). I want plenty of shit to play with when I'm not working 50-60 hours a week. 8-) :D
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu May 04, 2017 7:21 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Wow! 19 UDFAs? They are scrapping the heap from the bottom this year, big time! I Like that Coach Joseph is thinking about the future, by getting kids in that fit his plan, rather than making do with Kubes leftover stockpile.

He's leaving most of the defense alone and severely "tweaking" the offense with what's out there. Plus he's bringing in break or bust talent to see if he can pick up a couple of diamonds out of the coal. I'm not displeased with this transition so far. We needed something.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 04, 2017 7:23 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I am going through an old life crisis though...(not to be confused with a middle life crisis). I've bought a Vette, guitars, a drone, and other assorted toys for my impending retirement..(In about 1-2 years). I want plenty of shit to play with when I'm not working 50-60 hours a week. 8-) :D

I guess I am older I been retired for 4 years and I started writing as you all know. My first book hits the stores Oct. 17 LESSONS OF FREEDOM You just have to keep your mind working
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Thu May 04, 2017 7:23 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I am going through an old life crisis though...(not to be confused with a middle life crisis). I've bought a Vette, guitars, a drone, and other assorted toys for my impending retirement..(In about 1-2 years). I want plenty of shit to play with when I'm not working 50-60 hours a week. 8-) :D

You've had that game plan for as long as I've known you. I admire how true you've stuck to it!
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 04, 2017 7:25 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:Wow! 19 UDFAs? They are scrapping the heap from the bottom this year, big time! I Like that Coach Joseph is thinking about the future, by getting kids in that fit his plan, rather than making do with Kubes leftover stockpile.

He's leaving most of the defense alone and severely "tweaking" the offense with what's out there. Plus he's bringing in break or bust talent to see if he can pick up a couple of diamonds out of the coal. I'm not displeased with this transition so far. We needed something.

you have to remember that they have a new offense and the team was built for the West Coast. They have to change and do it quickly so yes bring them in
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Thu May 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Hoppy wrote:

I guess I am older I been retired for 4 years and I started writing as you all know. My first book hits the stores Oct. 17 LESSONS OF FREEDOM You just have to keep your mind working

I'm looking forward to reading it Hop. Let me know when, and I will pre-order it
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu May 04, 2017 7:28 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

I'm looking forward to reading it Hop. Let me know when, and I will pre-order it[/quote

I tried to share the cove but they won't let me yet but I'll send it as soon as They let me
Last edited by Hoppy on Thu May 04, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Thu May 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Hey Hey Hey!!! [in my best "Fat Albert" voice] I got promoted to "All-Pro". Got there just in time to sit there with Hop and Utah for a minute, before they both turn "MVP" here shortly :mrgreen:
IckyIPA
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)