AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:48 am

Oh, and props to Anderson last night, dude was a beast. Just kept pumping the legs churning out yards after contact.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:50 am

Knew it, told my wife last night when Siemian left the game with a left shoulder injury he would be done for the season. Even though it was confirmed to be minor, that shoulder has been giving him issues for 2 years now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... li=BBnb7Kz
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:35 am

Looks like we are at the no. 8 pick now. I don't know that we will beat washington, but I see denver giving KC fits. I do hope we win that game if it spoils KC's playoff shot.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:14 pm

here we go the 5th overall pick lets get a QB with the 37th pick draft another need
https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/12/ ... k#comments
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:48 am

Hoppy wrote:here we go the 5th overall pick lets get a QB with the 37th pick draft another need
https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/12/ ... k#comments


5th is pretty good, I'm happy with that. Some of the other lower teams helped us out by winning a couple more down the stretch. Wasn't surprised to see that VJ got to keep his job. He will be on the hot seat to start next season though. He won't survive 2 seasons like this in Denver. I was surprised by the depth of the purging of assistants, including Studs who has been a fixture for a while now and through several different coaching changes at least back to McDaniels.

Hopefully this offseason we can go and make the necessary changes to right the ship. I think QB and o-line are the 2 biggest areas of need (again). The defense could use a few more pieces as well, and releasing Talib will free up some cash. DT is still on my radar to get cut loose as well, I guess we just have to wait and see.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Broncos are technically eligible for Hard Knocks next year. It's not really up to Elway and Co if all other eligible teams opt out as they can force it on one team eventually, but I see them fighting it tooth and nail if the NFL tries to push it on them. I know I don't want to see it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ra ... li=BBnba9I
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Bronco said to be interested in Mayfield.
https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/2 ... d#comments
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:59 am

Hoppy wrote:Bronco said to be interested in Mayfield.
https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/2 ... d#comments


Maybe it's me and our recent bad luck, but I hate drafting QBs :lol: Seems more often than not these guys taken so high don't live up to their potential. I'd almost be more willing to go out and spend the cash on somebody like Cousins who has proved himself. Is he a Peyton Manning, no, but a deal like that was very rare and hard to come by. We need some leadership on the field and it's not coming from the current vets. They need someone who has been around to look to, not a rookie. That being said, guys like Sanders on the O and Miller on the D, need to step it up and take some more control.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:18 pm

User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Bronco said to be interested in Mayfield.
https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/2 ... d#comments


Maybe it's me and our recent bad luck, but I hate drafting QBs :lol: Seems more often than not these guys taken so high don't live up to their potential. I'd almost be more willing to go out and spend the cash on somebody like Cousins who has proved himself. Is he a Peyton Manning, no, but a deal like that was very rare and hard to come by. We need some leadership on the field and it's not coming from the current vets. They need someone who has been around to look to, not a rookie. That being said, guys like Sanders on the O and Miller on the D, need to step it up and take some more control.


I'm not a Cousins fan. He hasn't won anything and is no where near the starter that Manning was. Cousins is a losing QB with a record of 26-30-1 if I remember right. his best season as a starter is 9-7. Doesn't set my heart beat up fast. I would rather get Bridgewater or vet that will cost us less money then pay that much money for a QB with a losing record. I'll be on the line screaming Fire Elway when we end up 8-8 next season and home from the playoffs. but we still will be better then the raiders :lol: . I saw a list of the teams we will play next season. We will have a chance to jump back into the playoffs. WE play the Bengals the 9er's the Cardinals and the Ravens on the road . but B/C of our poor record this season we play the Steelers the Rams the Seahawks and the Browns at home. Not going to be easy but I like our chances at home with anybody. We just need better QB play and Cousins is another Siemian who also has a losing record as a starter. Anyway the team goes I will still be a fan but I would like a QB with the first pick we have.
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Hoppy wrote:I'm not a Cousins fan. He hasn't won anything and is no where near the starter that Manning was. Cousins is a losing QB with a record of 26-30-1 if I remember right. his best season as a starter is 9-7. Doesn't set my heart beat up fast. I would rather get Bridgewater or vet that will cost us less money then pay that much money for a QB with a losing record. I'll be on the line screaming Fire Elway when we end up 8-8 next season and home from the playoffs. but we still will be better then the raiders :lol: . I saw a list of the teams we will play next season. We will have a chance to jump back into the playoffs. WE play the Bengals the 9er's the Cardinals and the Ravens on the road . but B/C of our poor record this season we play the Steelers the Rams the Seahawks and the Browns at home. Not going to be easy but I like our chances at home with anybody. We just need better QB play and Cousins is another Siemian who also has a losing record as a starter. Anyway the team goes I will still be a fan but I would like a QB with the first pick we have.


I understand the problem you have with Cousins, I don't think he's a great option and don't compare him anywhere near manning. I just don't know if I trust high first round draft QBs. I think with our schedule next year we should make the playoffs, if we don't then we failed. Yes we have 4 games against the cheifs and chargers, but we should win some of those. I guess we have to wait and see.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:11 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I'm not a Cousins fan. He hasn't won anything and is no where near the starter that Manning was. Cousins is a losing QB with a record of 26-30-1 if I remember right. his best season as a starter is 9-7. Doesn't set my heart beat up fast. I would rather get Bridgewater or vet that will cost us less money then pay that much money for a QB with a losing record. I'll be on the line screaming Fire Elway when we end up 8-8 next season and home from the playoffs. but we still will be better then the raiders :lol: . I saw a list of the teams we will play next season. We will have a chance to jump back into the playoffs. WE play the Bengals the 9er's the Cardinals and the Ravens on the road . but B/C of our poor record this season we play the Steelers the Rams the Seahawks and the Browns at home. Not going to be easy but I like our chances at home with anybody. We just need better QB play and Cousins is another Siemian who also has a losing record as a starter. Anyway the team goes I will still be a fan but I would like a QB with the first pick we have.


I understand the problem you have with Cousins, I don't think he's a great option and don't compare him anywhere near manning. I just don't know if I trust high first round draft QBs. I think with our schedule next year we should make the playoffs, if we don't then we failed. Yes we have 4 games against the cheifs and chargers, but we should win some of those. I guess we have to wait and see.


The only good things that come from a sorry season is a last place schedule and a high draft pick. We get the tough teams at home and we get to visit the weaker teams. The NFC west is still a tough division and the AFC central could be the next best we play both next season. My hope for QB is we draft one if we are lucky enough to have Darnold or Rosen fall to us I say great draft him and let him learn from day one. I think Cleveland will draft the top RB and a pass rusher with their first 2 picks. What order I don't know but they have a QB that Jackson likes so they may stick with him. If not we take the third QB on John's board. He could sit the first 7-8 games depending on how we are playing. but John should go after a QB in Free agency just not one that takes up all your money where you can't fill in the cracks with free agents. But I have a feeling that Brock will be the starter next season until the new QB gets his shot. Two words on rookie QB's Goff and Wentz. Both learned their first both have their teams in the playoffs the second season.
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:19 am

Lol, Elway isn't going to target Eli Manning :lol:

He hired a QB coach because he needed a QB coach. Not everything is related.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/do ... li=BBnbfcL
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:40 am

This is a never ending saga and is getting a bit embarrassing. Ownership doesn't seem to be prioritizing finding a new sponsor though. Maybe they don't care that much or don't feel they need one. If that's the case, they need to say so though. Instead this keeps dragging out. I'm fine with that. As far as sponsors I don't really know who would be out there. Maybe if Denver won the bid for the Amazon office that would be an option. I really like Under Armour but they don't seem to be doing that great right now. Dick's sporting goods would be near the bottom of my list haha :lol: Or name it after Bowlen and/or Mile High. Just figure out something. Still calling it by Sports Authority is stupid.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver- ... /506145450
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 pm

User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:32 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:This is a never ending saga and is getting a bit embarrassing. Ownership doesn't seem to be prioritizing finding a new sponsor though. Maybe they don't care that much or don't feel they need one. If that's the case, they need to say so though. Instead this keeps dragging out. I'm fine with that. As far as sponsors I don't really know who would be out there. Maybe if Denver won the bid for the Amazon office that would be an option. I really like Under Armour but they don't seem to be doing that great right now. Dick's sporting goods would be near the bottom of my list haha :lol: Or name it after Bowlen and/or Mile High. Just figure out something. Still calling it by Sports Authority is stupid.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denver- ... /506145450


I like Mile High myself and I agree Sports Authority is just dumb to keep calling it that.
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:39 pm

John was on the tube last night with an interview on one of the sports news. I think it was 4. He said the reason he didn't fire Joseph was B/C he thought some of the positions would play better and he was wrong and that's on him. I was proud that he took ownership of his mistake although he didn't name the position the news had all three QB throwing INT's as he was talking. Then the question are you going to draft or bring in a vet I'm still waiting on an answer from John as he didn't tip off what they plan to do.
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Hoppy wrote:John was on the tube last night with an interview on one of the sports news. I think it was 4. He said the reason he didn't fire Joseph was B/C he thought some of the positions would play better and he was wrong and that's on him. I was proud that he took ownership of his mistake although he didn't name the position the news had all three QB throwing INT's as he was talking. Then the question are you going to draft or bring in a vet I'm still waiting on an answer from John as he didn't tip off what they plan to do.


I did hear Elway mention last week that part of the problem was the roster he gave Joseph and that he didn't really get a fair shake in the first year. Specifically in the QB and o-line play.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:24 pm

I think it also helped Joseph that he was willing to make a major change in the middle of the year when things weren't working and fire McCoy. Elway could see the VJ was making needed adjustments to make the best with what he had.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:50 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I think it also helped Joseph that he was willing to make a major change in the middle of the year when things weren't working and fire McCoy. Elway could see the VJ was making needed adjustments to make the best with what he had.


I'm not so sure Joseph hired McCoy, I think it was an Elway hire and fire. John was sorry to see McCoy go when SD hired him as he had the offense at it's best with three different QB. He was good with Orton then changed the O in the middle of the season with Tebow. and help create with Manning the offense that manning played with the Broncos. I do respect Elway more for owning up to his mistakes. I would like to see Joseph own up to some of the ones he made.
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:30 pm

looking for a successor for Pat Bowlen
http://www.mail.denverpost.com/xdsghrcm ... jqrrj.html
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 am

Hoppy wrote:looking for a successor for Pat Bowlen
http://www.mail.denverpost.com/xdsghrcm ... jqrrj.html


I had heard a rumor that at least 1 child was expected to sell their share. I could see Elway jumping on that. I think once the team is handed down, the dramas with the previous owner would somewhat go obsolete, resulting in an easier path for Elway to buy in, without the previous owner being given an equal chance to buy. Thankfully, I feel that ownership in the team is one of the least worrisome things for them right now. The Bowlens and Ellis have done well over the years and I never feel like they cheap out. Yes, they make some poor choices, but they don't just sit back and let the team decay.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:38 am

Looks like Cousins could be a Bronco next year. Definitely not worth what he will cost, but is a big improvement. If we get him then the first pick goes to the o-line. Also heard some chatter about a certain o-tackle from NE may be an option. Nate Solder is getting older but is a heck of a player with some miles left. He's sure to cost a lot though. I don't think we can afford him and Cousins, but we could see.

Oh and what did I say before about Thomas and Talib? Both are standing on shaky ground right now and could very likely be gone next season.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby rdrJoe » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Good afternoon Broncs brethren.

A tragic week in the lives of all human beings, especially all of us Americans, as the sick events in Fla. wreaked such an awful cost and the heart breaking sorrow for those family's hit the hardest.

The following post is not some off the wall political rant, but its basically what I've been saying since I found out the FBI never bothered scanning every single option for our protection, and in fact had been notified by a concerned civilian on the murderer's stated intentions and actually vowing to become a "School Shooter" I saw this today from Levin and its pretty doggone spot on. I have no idea WTH we are paying these creeps for as they are either incompetent or grossly negligent. Or even worse pure evil. IDK but there is no freaking excuse whatsoever.
https://www.conservativereview.com/arti ... -fbi-blew/

Stay strong, times of trouble are times like all times we need prayer and turn to God.
Peace !
User avatar
rdrJoe
Veteran
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:51 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 am

Hey Joe, it was a horrible event. Everyone is quick to point fingers at whoever they can after something like this. The main culprit in the end is the guy pulling the trigger though. I'm sure the FBI receives countless tips on creeps just like this guy, and they have no way to check every single one. Didn't seem like he had any actual history of crime and little to no psych history, even though those around him knew he was troubled. My guess is that because of this, his file went to the bottom. That leaves us with how do we prevent these mass killings. I'm in the camp that gun laws won't fix the problems. They are already set on breaking the current laws as they intend to murder, a few counts of firearms charges aren't going to slow them down. This guy isn't even being charged with anything but murder at this point. Many of these guns in the mass shootings seem to be purchased through legal means. This means that the current system is broken. I'm an engineer and part of what I do is investigating WHY something happened, often going to 5 levels deep, called the "5 Whys". When you do this you don't stop at we shouldn't be allowed to purchase certain types of weapons, you end somewhere closer on, why don't these troubled people receive the help they need, and the associated red flag on their background check to prevent this? Sometimes it is hard to identify these individuals and even harder to get them into talk to someone. Psychiatric care is hard to convince people to attend. I do think that for certain troubled people, doctors should be able to place temporary to permanent restrictions on. The hard part is due process and not abusing the system. There is no easy fix to these problems as there are detractors on every side, each with their own opinion. I can't hardly stand to see another school shooting. I've got 2 kids in elementary school that I worry about when I drop off. I can't live my life in fear of what might happen, but it is always there in the back of my mind. I do think there needs to be education among school officials, teachers and even students on how to better react to these situations. We have fire drills, earthquake drills, used to do nuclear and air raid drills. We need active shooter drills. We need 2-3 plainclothes, possibly teachers, per school with a concealed weapon. I can almost guarantee that local gun ranges would step up and offer free training and license classes for these individuals selected by school administrators. We need an offense and a defense, one or the other won't work by itself. Sorry for the long post, this has been rolling around in my head since Sandy Hook.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Dilligaf » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Hahaha beaches, how u be
User avatar
Dilligaf
Rookie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:43 am

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:20 am

Dilligaf wrote:Hahaha beaches, how u be


Wow, been a while! How have you been? Seems to be just me holding the down the fort right now. Been pretty quiet since even before the season ended. Kicks checks in every now and then though.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:02 am

Looks like Keenum is coming to Denver. Not sure if this will be the fix we need. At least it won't be quite as expensive as some other options.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... li=BBnbfcL
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:22 am

Honestly, my biggest excitement for the Keenum coming in is that we likely won't waste our #5 pick on a QB that hasn't proven anything yet. I would much rather get an O or D lineman than a QB. QBs and RBs that high in the draft always seem to be the biggest risk in my opinion. I think more often than not you end up getting burned and the pick is essentially wasted.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:31 am

The dominoes are falling. Shortly after Broncos and Keenum agree, Cousins firms up his plans with Minn. and Saints and Brees agree. It's looking like even if Keenum wanted to keep his options open, doors around the league are closing. Browns and Jets still have needs and money to burn, but who wants to play there on purpose?
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron