AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:32 am

Hoppy wrote:well they did it he's back
https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/9/2 ... r#comments


Just saw it and was coming here to post it. Can't believe that. I wasn't expecting that at all
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:04 pm

User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:09 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:And we lost Sloter to the Vikings :(

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/03/br ... ice-squad/


he left us we didn't lose him The Vikings were paying more money so he left for the same reason Brock did
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:20 am

Hoppy wrote:he left us we didn't lose him The Vikings were paying more money so he left for the same reason Brock did


I understand what happened. He got more money and a better chance to play in Minnesota. Still a loss for us. He would have been a great PS QB for us.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:24 pm

Life may seem f*cked up sometimes, but when Brock Osweiler throws his first pick-6 as a Bronco, everything will feel normal again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LOL...had to re do that one :roll: :roll: :roll:
carbs and broncos still suck
User avatar
R8der113
Veteran
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: We are Global...make that Universal

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:14 pm

R8der113 wrote:Life may seem f*cked up sometimes, but when Brock Osweiler throws his first pick-6 as a Bronco, everything will feel normal again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LOL...had to re do that one :roll: :roll: :roll:


Doubt he's going to make it off the bench lol
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Almost football time guys! Get your picks in on Yahoo! Don't forget Thursday night's game!
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 am

r8DER113 the only one left slacking and not getting all their picks in :lol: but he got tonight's pick in so it's ok. Good job everyone and great start to the season.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:30 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:r8DER113 the only one left slacking and not getting all their picks in :lol: but he got tonight's pick in so it's ok. Good job everyone and great start to the season.

Had a question for you about the points....do we still pick that Mia/TB game....and do we use 16 or 15 points if we don't? :roll:
carbs and broncos still suck
User avatar
R8der113
Veteran
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: We are Global...make that Universal

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:38 am

R8der113 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:r8DER113 the only one left slacking and not getting all their picks in :lol: but he got tonight's pick in so it's ok. Good job everyone and great start to the season.

Had a question for you about the points....do we still pick that Mia/TB game....and do we use 16 or 15 points if we don't? :roll:


Good question. Yahoo removed that game between today and yesterday, max points for a single game are now 15.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:00 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:r8DER113 the only one left slacking and not getting all their picks in :lol: but he got tonight's pick in so it's ok. Good job everyone and great start to the season.

Had a question for you about the points....do we still pick that Mia/TB game....and do we use 16 or 15 points if we don't? :roll:


Good question. Yahoo removed that game between today and yesterday, max points for a single game are now 15.

Thanks Springs...only reason I waited....not a dumb Raider fan, like youse think :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
carbs and broncos still suck
User avatar
R8der113
Veteran
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: We are Global...make that Universal

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

R8der113 wrote:Thanks Springs...only reason I waited....not a dumb Raider fan, like youse think :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Lol, no problem. :lol:
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:13 am

Wow, what happened to the pasties last night?! :lol: dudes got rolled! :lol:
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:33 am

what a game last night. Today you have NE fans asking to bench the goat. He had a good game with the talent he had to play with. When he get acquainted with his now new receivers he will be the same old goat. He threw some nice passes and some bad. He wanted a receiver to go left and the receiver went right. But I said the same with Manning the first part of his decline. so I'm still hoping for the worst for their team. :D I enjoyed seeing KC with their defense being beat. and enjoyed seeing that they couldn't stop the run. Both teams are behind our defense so I think with our defense we can If our offense can put up some points we can beat both in a close game. The trick will be stopping their running game in KC now we see why Charles was let go.
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:40 am

Hoppy wrote:what a game last night. Today you have NE fans asking to bench the goat. He had a good game with the talent he had to play with. When he get acquainted with his now new receivers he will be the same old goat. He threw some nice passes and some bad. He wanted a receiver to go left and the receiver went right. But I said the same with Manning the first part of his decline. so I'm still hoping for the worst for their team. :D I enjoyed seeing KC with their defense being beat. and enjoyed seeing that they couldn't stop the run. Both teams are behind our defense so I think with our defense we can If our offense can put up some points we can beat both in a close game. The trick will be stopping their running game in KC now we see why Charles was let go.


Yesterday was a catch-22, I didn't want either team to win. In the end I guess NE was going to be the harder one to catch so happy they lost. Still think a tie would have been better :lol:
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:18 am

May have beat the pats, but they probably lost Berry for the year...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eri ... li=BBnba9I
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:42 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:what a game last night. Today you have NE fans asking to bench the goat. He had a good game with the talent he had to play with. When he get acquainted with his now new receivers he will be the same old goat. He threw some nice passes and some bad. He wanted a receiver to go left and the receiver went right. But I said the same with Manning the first part of his decline. so I'm still hoping for the worst for their team. :D I enjoyed seeing KC with their defense being beat. and enjoyed seeing that they couldn't stop the run. Both teams are behind our defense so I think with our defense we can If our offense can put up some points we can beat both in a close game. The trick will be stopping their running game in KC now we see why Charles was let go.


Yesterday was a catch-22, I didn't want either team to win. In the end I guess NE was going to be the harder one to catch so happy they lost. Still think a tie would have been better :lol:


I hate ties they always come back to hurt us in the long run. If we win 12 games and are tied with wins with both KC and NE we would be the third seed If 12 wins were the best in the AFC. KC would be the 1 seed and NE the 2nd seed 12 -3-1 Trumps 12-4 all day pun intended :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Broncos wave Kyle Peko Sat. must be going to sign another DL but not going to be a big help for Monday night
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-b ... ools-share
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Broncos wave Kyle Peko Sat. must be going to sign another DL but not going to be a big help for Monday night
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-b ... ools-share
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:19 am

Got close at the end, but Denver squeaked out with a W in the first game! Couldn't watch the game live, but tracking in on gametracs it seemed the offense moved the chains. They just didn't seem to do much in the 4th.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:06 am

This is a pretty good one. Bosa got duped by Siemain :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tre ... li=BBnb7Kz
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Up to #9 in the power rankings. Pats at 7 which I think is a bit of a knee jerk, with the accompanying knee jerk of placing KC first. Oak comes in at 3 which is a little high I think, but they are good. LAC sitting at the bottom of the division ranked at 17.

I would say that the order of the rankings in the division is good for now, based on what we have seen, but the placement for KC and Oak both are high. Placement of Denver and SD is fair for now.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl ... z#image=24
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:27 pm

if we could go get Luck would that make us contenders for the #1 seed in the AFC?
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Talk-radi ... s107376312
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 am

Hoppy wrote:if we could go get Luck would that make us contenders for the #1 seed in the AFC?
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Talk-radi ... s107376312


That could be a very interesting scenario. Luck is definitely better than what we have, but the cost would also be very high. Even if he cut a deal just to get out, the next contract would likely break the bank. He is a good QB, and as I said, better than ours, but is he good enough to pay that sum of money? It's hard to tell. I do think we would be thrust to the top of the AFC West with him though.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:31 am

Looking to this Sunday, the cowboys worry me. Afraid we may take a loss in this game. Elliot needs to be controlled and I don't know if we are up to that challenge at this point in the season. I have full confidence in our secondary that we can control the airspace and keep their QB and WRs in check. It's the ground game that could kill us in the end. On our offensive side, Siemian just needs to play like he did the first 3 quarters last week the whole game this week. We have great WRs, just need to get them the ball. Pass protection needs to get better but o-lines take some time to gel. In the end, if Denver wins, I think it will be close and the defense will be who keeps us in the game.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 pm

two things that say the cowboys win Sunday. The running game and the lack of a pass rush. We have to have a pass rush or they will block Von with 2 or 3 as the Chargers did. The team that runs the ball the best wins the game and yes if we can't stop Elliot Game over. We don't have a QB I don't know why everyone was so happy with Siemian's play he wasn't that good. His passes were all low some needed to be but the ones that weren't he threw high. He overthrew a wide open Sanders in the End zone. again he left people hung out to dry with some. The first TD by Fowler was a great diving catch. yes he placed the ball where his receivers can catch it I guess that's what counts but sooner than later luck changes. I hope it doesn't beat us down.
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Signed another d-lineman, Crick to IR.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bron ... bin-091517
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Sloter made the 53-man roster in Minnesota. I think we lost a gem there
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:56 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Sloter made the 53-man roster in Minnesota. I think we lost a gem there

Bradford is hurt (knee) so they will start Case Keenum tomorrow and he will be backup. Signed him for 3 years 1.6 million.no guarantee on any of it. That speaks for itself. If Bradford is ok How long will he stay on the 53?
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:40 am

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Sloter made the 53-man roster in Minnesota. I think we lost a gem there

Bradford is hurt (knee) so they will start Case Keenum tomorrow and he will be backup. Signed him for 3 years 1.6 million.no guarantee on any of it. That speaks for itself. If Bradford is ok How long will he stay on the 53?


Being that Bradford seems to be hurt more often than not, I think his chances are good :lol: that and Keenum doesn't raise the bar all that high :lol:
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jarhead93 and 3 guests