AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:23 am

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 5581143782

Well this should be good bye to Cody. I told you he likes to party too much and that could be why he didn't get along with Peyton. Didn't put the time in to be the best he could be at his craft. My son stopped hanging out and I'm happy he did.
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:30 am

Hoppy wrote:https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=683163068546392&id=100005581143782

Well this should be good bye to Cody. I told you he likes to party too much and that could be why he didn't get along with Peyton. Didn't put the time in to be the best he could be at his craft. My son stopped hanging out and I'm happy he did.



Yep. Just saw the article. I think he's history at this point and he never has been that good. I didn't think he'd make final cuts anyway.
Never pet a burning dog
User avatar
OnlyInUtah
All Pro
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:53 pm

2 outta 3 from the carbs...good series Hoppy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
R8der113
Veteran
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: We are Global...make that Universal

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:53 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Utah...how's things my friend?



Been a little rough lately but I'm muddling through it. And how are you my friend?


about the same...LOL
User avatar
R8der113
Veteran
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: We are Global...make that Universal

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:07 pm

R8der113 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Utah...how's things my friend?



Been a little rough lately but I'm muddling through it. And how are you my friend?


about the same...LOL



Hang in there...I'm hanging in there by my toenails.
Never pet a burning dog
User avatar
OnlyInUtah
All Pro
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:34 pm

meet the 36 new broncos
https://t.co/iO18Zu4K0K
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Any news on the passing camp that was maybe, possibly happening over the last week? The news was like "they're here" then it went silent.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:48 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Any news on the passing camp that was maybe, possibly happening over the last week? The news was like "they're here" then it went silent.


I don't think it happened. I never saw anything else. Camp starts this week and football from this week on till the Super Bowl. We made it another off season!!!!!! :P
User avatar
Hoppy
MVP
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Jarhead93 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:49 pm

**

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722 ... since-1978

SEE I told you guys he was overrated!!!

I agree with coach Dungy
SEMPER FIDELIS
User avatar
Jarhead93
Rookie
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:44 am

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:23 am

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 57?ref=yfp


Polish thinks Kelly is more talented than Seimian or Lynch.
Never pet a burning dog
User avatar
OnlyInUtah
All Pro
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bill_polian_chad_kelly_more_talented_than_trevor_siemian_paxton_lynch/s1_12680_24383257?ref=yfp


Polish thinks Kelly is more talented than Seimian or Lynch.


I don't think that's a horrible statement. It's very possible he is. He put up great numbers his final two years in college and wasn't knocked down the draft for his abilities. Also, the article asking about Elway and his decision making on Lynch vs Kelly is stupid because they were taken in different drafts and many teams would have loved to grab Lynch, it's not like he wasn't wanted. I think it is very possible at this point that Lynch starts this year backed by Siemian. Next year I think Kelly pushes Lynch and comes in No2. Not sure where this leaves Siemian, his contract may be up after that, can't remember, but he would make a decent low level trade.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:49 am

Von Miller to A&M Sports HoF! Congrats! Next stop Canton!

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/17/vo ... l-of-fame/
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:19 am

Granted, these are good secondaries, but 4th for Denver is a slap in the face considering their record over the past 2 years and the players we retained for this next season. Having Harris (No1) and Talib (No2) both on the same team should give you your results right there. I also believe Sherman is WAY overrated and will never have the long term success as a guy like Bailey had (he is my measuring stick for CBs due to so many years at the top). Harris and Talib are on that level and just need the time to catch Bailey, they have the talent. Our safeties are also awesome, there are really just no weak points in the No Fly Zone.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... 017-season
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Hoppy...Bucs are hot....get those carbs going against the cubbies :D
User avatar
R8der113
Veteran
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: We are Global...make that Universal

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:16 am

Miller and Ray are going to be a force this year. Miller is teaching Ray what Ware taught him. I see another top year for the Denver Defense. Would love to see both Miller and Ray over 12 sacks apiece, Wolfe with a handful as well.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2017/07 ... ike-beast/
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Hey Icky...Bucs vs Rockies this weekend....maybe for a WC spot :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
R8der113
Veteran
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: We are Global...make that Universal

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:58 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Miller and Ray are going to be a force this year. Miller is teaching Ray what Ware taught him. I see another top year for the Denver Defense. Would love to see both Miller and Ray over 12 sacks apiece, Wolfe with a handful as well.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2017/07 ... ike-beast/


you have a sub par secondary now...LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
R8der113
Veteran
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: We are Global...make that Universal

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:56 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mal ... li=BBnb7Kz

Right Malik. Bortles will win the SB....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
User avatar
OnlyInUtah
All Pro
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:57 am

R8der113 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Miller and Ray are going to be a force this year. Miller is teaching Ray what Ware taught him. I see another top year for the Denver Defense. Would love to see both Miller and Ray over 12 sacks apiece, Wolfe with a handful as well.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2017/07 ... ike-beast/


you have a sub par secondary now...LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:



Only in your dreams...lol.
Never pet a burning dog
User avatar
OnlyInUtah
All Pro
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby R8der113 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:21 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Miller and Ray are going to be a force this year. Miller is teaching Ray what Ware taught him. I see another top year for the Denver Defense. Would love to see both Miller and Ray over 12 sacks apiece, Wolfe with a handful as well.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2017/07 ... ike-beast/


you have a sub par secondary now...LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:



Only in your dreams...lol.


only going by what Springs said...ranked 4th only
User avatar
R8der113
Veteran
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Location: We are Global...make that Universal

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:39 pm

R8der113 wrote:only going by what Springs said...ranked 4th only


Ranked 4th by people who ignored their own numbers and research :lol: This is a top 1-2 unit and everyone knows it. They could have a bunch of nobodies on the field beside Miller and we could be #4. Add Talib, Harris, Wolfe, Ray, Ward, Marshall and backups like Roby, Parks and Barrett and you have an incredible defense.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:22 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
R8der113 wrote:only going by what Springs said...ranked 4th only


Ranked 4th by people who ignored their own numbers and research :lol: This is a top 1-2 unit and everyone knows it. They could have a bunch of nobodies on the field beside Miller and we could be #4. Add Talib, Harris, Wolfe, Ray, Ward, Marshall and backups like Roby, Parks and Barrett and you have an incredible defense.


:up:
Never pet a burning dog
User avatar
OnlyInUtah
All Pro
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:55 pm

No love for Denver. They are expected to go 7-9 and 4th in the division. I don't see that happening with either Siemian or Lynch under center. I guess all we can do is wait and see, but Denver doesn't have losing seasons with Elway in the house.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/201 ... li=BBnba9I
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:13 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:No love for Denver. They are expected to go 7-9 and 4th in the division. I don't see that happening with either Siemian or Lynch under center. I guess all we can do is wait and see, but Denver doesn't have losing seasons with Elway in the house.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/201 ... li=BBnba9I



I think 10-6 will be more like it.
Never pet a burning dog
User avatar
OnlyInUtah
All Pro
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:26 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:No love for Denver. They are expected to go 7-9 and 4th in the division. I don't see that happening with either Siemian or Lynch under center. I guess all we can do is wait and see, but Denver doesn't have losing seasons with Elway in the house.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/201 ... li=BBnba9I



I think 10-6 will be more like it.


That's along the lines of where I was thinking.
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:07 am

The press writing the Broncos off before the season actually suits me fine. I like the underdog status and I think they will surprise people this season.
Never pet a burning dog
User avatar
OnlyInUtah
All Pro
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:14 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:The press writing the Broncos off before the season actually suits me fine. I like the underdog status and I think they will surprise people this season.


That and the defense plays with that much fire when they know they aren't respected lol. Wolfe in particular hates that :lol:
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:57 am

Interesting, Kubiak is back in the house

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bron ... ole-072517
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:51 am

It's the time of year for pick'em! Yahoo just opened this up again I have renewed the group from last year and and email should have gone out to the address from before. Details are below. Let me know if there is any trouble joining. All fans who visit here are welcome to join.

Group Name: Swiss Broncos
Group ID: 3430
Password: denverswiss
User avatar
CSpringsNSD
All Pro
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:54 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:It's the time of year for pick'em! Yahoo just opened this up again I have renewed the group from last year and and email should have gone out to the address from before. Details are below. Let me know if there is any trouble joining. All fans who visit here are welcome to join.

Group Name: Swiss Broncos
Group ID: 3430
Password: denverswiss



Sounds good!
Never pet a burning dog
User avatar
OnlyInUtah
All Pro
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron