AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:58 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... li=BBnb7Kz

According to this Romo doesn't want to leave the state of Texas....
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:40 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-tony-romo-believes-its-texans-or-retirement/ar-BByI5XK?li=BBnb7Kz

** I'm thinking the announcer's booth personally. Much less chance of getting run into by Joey Bosa, Von Miller, or the Mack Truck headed to Vegas
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-tony-romo-believes-its-texans-or-retirement/ar-BByI5XK?li=BBnb7Kz

** I'm thinking the announcer's booth personally. Much less chance of getting run into by Joey Bosa, Von Miller, or the Mack Truck headed to Vegas

Me too... :up:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Why would you submit yourself to that if you can make pretty good cash sitting in a chair and throwing your two cents on stuff? Look at Gruden and Cowher.....they'd be idiots to go back to coaching.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 pm

Shannon Sharpe has made more money announcing than he did as a football player.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Why would you submit yourself to that if you can make pretty good cash sitting in a chair and throwing your two cents on stuff? Look at Gruden and Cowher.....they'd be idiots to go back to coaching.

I think it is that drive for competition. He still has a good arm and okay QB intelligence [double coverage to Dez interceptions]
otherwise he is a bit better than Rivers, way better than Cutler and I'd consider him on the same level as Eli minus the championships. Which is why he still wants to play. If I was him and I just came off of 2 injuries back to back I'd be thinking ESPN or CBS will pay me almost as much as Houston and I don't have to play in the cold in Green Bay. Or against the crowd in Seattle.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Why would you submit yourself to that if you can make pretty good cash sitting in a chair and throwing your two cents on stuff? Look at Gruden and Cowher.....they'd be idiots to go back to coaching.

I think it is that drive for competition. He still has a good arm and okay QB intelligence [double coverage to Dez interceptions]
otherwise he is a bit better than Rivers, way better than Cutler and I'd consider him on the same level as Eli minus the championships. Which is why he still wants to play. If I was him and I just came off of 2 injuries back to back I'd be thinking ESPN or CBS will pay me almost as much as Houston and I don't have to play in the cold in Green Bay. Or against the crowd in Seattle.

I think he's done. I would be.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:59 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I think he's done. I would be.

Romo and the cowboys don't really seem to be in a rush. The longer they wait the colder the market gets. I think we should just take our $20 mil or whatever it is now and move along. I'm sure there are still some good FAs out there that can help the team.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:33 pm

The Vegas Raiders...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spo ... fcbe7c16b8

half our division has now moved in the past 2 years.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:04 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... li=BBnb7Kz

Looks like Kap wants 9-10 million and a chance to start
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:21 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-kaepernick-wants-dollar9-million-chance-to-start/ar-BByTUT1?li=BBnb7Kz

Yeah, maybe if he lowers that to 5-6 he'll have a chance.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:36 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-kaepernick-wants-dollar9-million-chance-to-start/ar-BByTUT1?li=BBnb7Kz

There was a little known rock and roll band that sang a song about Kap

"Dream On"...

I've heard tell it's a catchy little tune.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:27 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:

For 5-6 million someone will pick him up ...most likely as a backup to start with. I think Kap could be molded into a decent QB if he puts his ego away and let the coaches coach him. So far he hasn't demonstrated that lately.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:01 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Shannon Sharpe has made more money announcing than he did as a football player.

and he isn't half the announcer he was as a football player
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:08 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:I think he's done. I would be.

Romo and the cowboys don't really seem to be in a rush. The longer they wait the colder the market gets. I think we should just take our $20 mil or whatever it is now and move along. I'm sure there are still some good FAs out there that can help the team.

I hope so I was moving and off the grid for the past 4 days but glad we don't have Tony myself. I hope we find a QB in the draft and bring in a vet to be there. we don't need a big name to play QB just one who can hold on to the football and not lose games. Our defense can win still. And For my first pick at 20 I will stay with an inside backer Watt
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:23 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:

Not so sure this isn't a try from the owners to keep us from knowing that they are blackballing him. They are sending a message to every player that if you bring anything that makes the league look bad you will have hell to pay. Kaep gave the league a black eye and they are punishing him. He will take 5 million with incentives just to keep his career at this point. Can't believe Grey Papke scooped the world with Kaepernick's contract demands.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:29 am

players to report 4/10/17
https://t.co/K9k2V51vuO
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:33 am

for the record Elway not interested in Kaep
https://t.co/E5zv5vuioF
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:38 am

Romo never came up between Jones and Elway per Klis
https://t.co/Q6EXivZZ5P
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:38 am

Elway is keeping his cards close to his vest, as usual.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:52 am

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

Not so sure this isn't a try from the owners to keep us from knowing that they are blackballing him. They are sending a message to every player that if you bring anything that makes the league look bad you will have hell to pay. Kaep gave the league a black eye and they are punishing him. He will take 5 million with incentives just to keep his career at this point. Can't believe Grey Papke scooped the world with Kaepernick's contract demands.

Seattle looks to be his best chance for a home if he'll drop his asking price. Boykin's arrest should spell the end for him there and Pete Caroll is used to outspoken players. I personally think Kap was a product of Harbaugh's system and listened to him since he had chosen Kap over Alice Smith. Since Harbaugh left Kap has been a loose cannon and has the rep of being uncoachable. As far as Denver goes, Elway still remembers Kap being unwilling to restructure his contract last year when Denver and San Fran all but had a trade done. Elway holds grudges and I doubt he'll forgive and forget that fiasco. It doesn't surprise me that Kap thinks he's worth 9-10 million as he wouldn't budge from 15 million last year. Incentives or not Kap's over inflated ego will probably keep him from accepting a 5-6 million contract heavy on incentives unless he gets hungry enough. Kap has some serious flaws in his game despite his talent so a team has to think he'll be receptive to coaching to pull the trigger on him. Pete Carroll might be that guy or at least think he is.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:58 am

I guess Romo is getting impatient now. Jones has strung him along far enough. Nobody is going to trade for him because nobody was bluffing like Jones thought they were. Just release the poor guy and move on. I know he wants to prevent Romo from going to certain teams but you can't always control that.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ton ... li=BBnb7Kz
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:45 am

I don't think the Broncos can afford Romo any longer. In 2011 2012 the teams were allowed to borrow from the future cap and the Broncos just paid back 4.5 million that drops their cap space to 16.5 million. If we pay for a good LT when one is cut which I hope happens. then our draft we will be done.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Hoppy wrote:I don't think the Broncos can afford Romo any longer. In 2011 2012 the teams were allowed to borrow from the future cap and the Broncos just paid back 4.5 million that drops their cap space to 16.5 million. If we pay for a good LT when one is cut which I hope happens. then our draft we will be done.

I'm fine with that. The better our o-line is the better it will make our QBs and RBs. I'm interested to see how long Romo makes it if he signs with another team.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:05 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:I don't think the Broncos can afford Romo any longer. In 2011 2012 the teams were allowed to borrow from the future cap and the Broncos just paid back 4.5 million that drops their cap space to 16.5 million. If we pay for a good LT when one is cut which I hope happens. then our draft we will be done.

I'm fine with that. The better our o-line is the better it will make our QBs and RBs. I'm interested to see how long Romo makes it if he signs with another team.

more room news http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/John-Elwa ... o-52000890
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:40 pm

Looks like we are moving on. I don't think Elway would have to sell smoke and mirrors this much. He tends to move on when he's not getting his way and that appears to be what is happening here, just like last year with Kap. That's fine, go find us a left tackle! I don't care if we trade some picks this year for one as long as they are a long term option. The draft tends to be a crap shoot anyways. Keep the 1st and 2nd rounders and the rest can be bargaining chips.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:48 pm

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:11 pm

I don't think DT can get away from the Drops . His head isn't always in the game. I've been down on him for 2 years now and would have traded him to Cleveland 2 years ago for the second pick in the draft and came away with Elliott. Now we have a chance to draft another back who is capable of being a great back Mixon is my man in the second round. When a man can give you his leg and before you grab it he takes it away that TD greatness. Elliott has that TD had that before Griese did him in trying to make that tackle on a pick. Jim Brown had it. OJ and Jim Kick sure I missed some but the list will be way too long. I'm happy Coach called DT out should have been done before. I hate to say it but maybe he needs a father image to kick him in the rear.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

more room news http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/John-Elwa ... o-52000890

Romo will end up in Houston or retire and go into broadcasting. That ship has sailed for the Broncos. Elway doesn't mess around with negotiations very long. If you don't act like you want to really join the team or stay on the team you'll probably be playing for someone else sooner than later.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)