AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Jarhead93 wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Too many Tony Romo to Denver rumors going around again. I'm not liking this :x

** I don't think you need worry Springs, I saw something during the game yesterday that said WE were not interested.
I can agree with that. Tony is done. Any team that thinks his "veteran" leadership is valuable is crazy, Yes, he is a veteran, but he is better relegated to being the back up to the back up on the sideline. He is way too fragile. I saw the touchdown he threw in that game. I must say he looked good. But that was advertising only. Does anybody really think he can salvage a team that needs a QB?

San Fran - New HC is not hired yet, Josh McDummy declined - Kaepernick is prolly gone
Rams - New HC is on board, But I think he will try to fix Goff
Chicago - John "really conservative" Fox still on the sidelines, and Jay Cutler is out the door (Maybe?)
Jets - These guys will go into the next season with Christian Hackenburg under center and everyone else getting their walking papers
Jags - Maybe Tom Coughlin as VP will finally fix the culture down there, they seem to be satisfied with barely mediocre.
Houston - The only thing I liked about the Texans game over the weekend was how many times Tommy got up from being knocked down.

If they had Savage on the field they mighta' won. Cause Broke Osweiler aint gonna cut it. #7 looking like a GM Genius again.

Kaepernick is gone and don't be surprised if there is a bidding war over the guy. His team mates loved him and that says more then what the media spreads on the guy. Don't hate his on the field game because of his off the field thing. which I still kneel with him No disrespect to anyone. I wouldn't want Cutler or Romo but we will be in the market for a QB if we are to return to the playoffs next season. Most of all IMO as I've said all season Elway screwed up last off season. His first downfall was two off seasons ago when he hired Kubiak I just don't like the WC offense I said it then and I stand by it now. Glad he didn't hire Shanahan but My choice was Throw a lot of money at Jim Haubaugh and have him drop out of school. Coughlin was a great hire. and last of all I'm a fan of the team first and always will be no matter who's pulling the strings. can't wait till the offseason starts.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:48 am

Brock Osweiler HOU QB 301 510 59.0 34.0 2,957 5.8 197.1 15 16 153 30.0 53 29 4 27 72.2

Trevor Siemian DEN QB 289 486 59.5 34.7 3,401 7.0 242.9 18 10 155 31.9 76T 37 8 31 84.6

The NFL ranked Oz 14th and Siemian 11th. Oz had a 72.2 passer rating, Siemian 84.6. Siemian also passed for 450 more yards. Siemian had a 59.5 completion percentage to Oz's 59 and Siemian passed for 7 yards a play to Oz's 5.8. The stats don't agree with you Hop.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:26 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Brock Osweiler HOU QB 301 510 59.0 34.0 2,957 5.8 197.1 15 16 153 30.0 53 29 4 27 72.2

Trevor Siemian DEN QB 289 486 59.5 34.7 3,401 7.0 242.9 18 10 155 31.9 76T 37 8 31 84.6

The NFL ranked Oz 14th and Siemian 11th. Oz had a 72.2 passer rating, Siemian 84.6. Siemian also passed for 450 more yards. Siemian had a 59.5 completion percentage to Oz's 59 and Siemian passed for 7 yards a play to Oz's 5.8. The stats don't agree with you Hop.

I would be willing to bet that Houston's o-line was ranked higher than ours as well lol.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:32 am

Yep, Houston ranked 18 and Denver 24 for o-line. Oz did less with more in that area. I would say that Denver has the better receivers of the two teams but that doesn't do you much good if you don't have time to throw the ball.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ra ... is-season/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Jarhead93 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:18 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Brock Osweiler HOU QB 301 510 59.0 34.0 2,957 5.8 197.1 15 16 153 30.0 53 29 4 27 72.2

I agree with Utah, I dont think Oxweiler is the answer for the Texans. Savage looked way better in his relief, I know that a lot of the time the backup is fresh and hasnt been subjected to Terrell Suggs chasing you around the field but if Ox is only throwing the ball 5 yards down the field that aint gonna cut it, I thought Siemian looked more poised right before he got ran over.
Look, it comes down to this, those QB's who have earned the "Elite label" have been around at least 5years, have been to a playoff game and won at least 1. Look at the final 4 only 1 doesn't have a ring. And based on the way the birds have been playing, I'm not so sure Mr. Magic Rogers gets past them. {They have an awesome offensive line BLOCKING} not traffic cones

Steelers have a good chance of sending Tommy home - Field goals wont get the job done against Tommy boy.

IF Ben gets HOT and Bell and Brown are rolling, look out, they will need at least a 3 score lead to win over Mr. Wonderful (thippt)
yuk that tasted awful.
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:20 pm

[quote="OnlyInUtah"]Brock Osweiler HOU QB 301 510 59.0 34.0 2,957 5.8 197.1 15 16 153 30.0 53 29 4 27 72.2

The NFL ranked Oz 14th and Siemian 11th. Oz had a 72.2 passer rating, Siemian 84.6. Siemian also passed for 450 more yards. Siemian had a 59.5 completion percentage to Oz's 59 and Siemian passed for 7 yards a play to Oz's 5.8. The stats don't agree with you Hop.[/quote

Stats never do agree with me. Still Brock will be the QB next season and should lead his team back to the playoffs. Siemian if he plays at all couldn't lead us to the playoffs. Brock won his division weak one but won. we ended up in 3rd in a very strong division. Siemian has better talent at WR don't you think? What would Brock have done with that talent this season working with them again this year. Much better then Trevor. Now neither one is elite and may never be but Trevor can't pass to his right at all. High and outside , low and away. I know Baseball right but he hangs receivers out 9 1/2 times out of ten when throwing to his right. the learning part of the game is what worries me. All the time he has had playing the game and he still can't pass to the right. If he was on another team would you think as highly of him ? every time you hear Elway talk about who will start next season he's sounding like he did when Tebow was our QB. I don't think John likes Trevor as much as the fans do or Gary did we'll have to wait and see. I still think we will get another QB in and I'm thinking he will be from the Jets. One of the has been that play there and not Fretz. They have too many to pay. IMO
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:44 am

Oz can't hit anyone except by mistake. He has no touch and sub par accuracy.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:45 am

And their defense will lead them to the playoffs.....just like this year. Oz won't.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:04 am

I'm not saying Siemian is much better than Oz.....I'm saying at best both are back up material. Hopefully Lynch progresses or we need to be looking for a new QB. And Houston won't cut Oz this year as it would be like throwing 25 million in the trash. They'll go with Savage and cut Oz the next year for a 5 million cap hit. But with that defense and in that weak division, they'll probably make the playoffs despite Oz.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:31 am

Well, this is a nice distraction for the team...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... resurface/
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:I'm not saying Siemian is much better than Oz.....I'm saying at best both are back up material. Hopefully Lynch progresses or we need to be looking for a new QB. And Houston won't cut Oz this year as it would be like throwing 25 million in the trash. They'll go with Savage and cut Oz the next year for a 5 million cap hit. But with that defense and in that weak division, they'll probably make the playoffs despite Oz.

:up: :up:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:14 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Well, this is a nice distraction for the team...

I don't think it will be a distraction. Every man on the team knows someone at their college that went through the same thing and knows that it may have happened. These allegations are 12 years old and older. Nothing will come of them like Donald Trump he may run for president if this team wins 2 or 3 Super Bowls. Now don't get me wrong I'm sorry that it happened if it did, and I hope that it didn't mess up their lives. But they should have filed charges then they didn't so it's not news now. This too will pass
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Hoppy wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Well, this is a nice distraction for the team...

I don't think it will be a distraction. Every man on the team knows someone at their college that went through the same thing and knows that it may have happened. These allegations are 12 years old and older. Nothing will come of them like Donald Trump he may run for president if this team wins 2 or 3 Super Bowls. Now don't get me wrong I'm sorry that it happened if it did, and I hope that it didn't mess up their lives. But they should have filed charges then they didn't so it's not news now. This too will pass

Oh I agree, the proper channels were not followed years ago and now it is really a non-issue. It's more or less noise, I just prefer peaceful silence :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:34 pm

According to Conner Byrne Jon Robinson of the titans says he may not keep his fifth pick in the first round this year he traded down last year and he is without a second round this year and would like to have one. Is it too early to talk trade? How about the 20th pick and a 2nd and one of our compensation picks. The Broncos have 10 picks That is if there is a QB coming out that we could grab. That would be the only position I would trade up for.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Hoppy wrote:According to Conner Byrne Jon Robinson of the titans says he may not keep his fifth pick in the first round this year he traded down last year and he is without a second round this year and would like to have one. Is it too early to talk trade? How about the 20th pick and a 2nd and one of our compensation picks. The Broncos have 10 picks That is if there is a QB coming out that we could grab. That would be the only position I would trade up for.

A lot of the "experts" have most of the better QBs dropping pretty late in the first. I don't think this year is a really great one for that position. I don't really see Elway trading that far up for any position at this point.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Riley Dixon Honored
https://t.co/bp0gw439l7
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:According to Conner Byrne Jon Robinson of the titans says he may not keep his fifth pick in the first round this year he traded down last year and he is without a second round this year and would like to have one. Is it too early to talk trade? How about the 20th pick and a 2nd and one of our compensation picks. The Broncos have 10 picks That is if there is a QB coming out that we could grab. That would be the only position I would trade up for.

A lot of the "experts" have most of the better QBs dropping pretty late in the first. I don't think this year is a really great one for that position. I don't really see Elway trading that far up for any position at this point.

The names of the best 3 IMO that are coming out. all are an upgrade from what we have. Not sure if our new coaches would want to go get one but they have to see what we have first and if they can come up with a new offense to fit either one
Deshone Kizer ND
Mitch Trueisky N. Carolina
Deshaun Watson Clem.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:06 pm

around the league notes. If the Broncos go by what this says they will have another 15 million to work with Okung will cost them 11 million if he stays and Stephenson 4 mill. 55 million could get us a pretty good O-Line and some other needs
https://t.co/T1wGd5VOLr
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:17 pm

a fast pace offense Coach Joseph said he wants that will give Paxton Lynch his chance to start. he played a fast pace in college.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Hoppy wrote:around the league notes. If the Broncos go by what this says they will have another 15 million to work with Okung will cost them 11 million if he stays and Stephenson 4 mill. 55 million could get us a pretty good O-Line and some other needs

The only person I see staying on the o-line is Matt Paradis. He was tops or near tops in the league at center, it was just hard to tell since everyone around him sucked lol
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:10 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:around the league notes. If the Broncos go by what this says they will have another 15 million to work with Okung will cost them 11 million if he stays and Stephenson 4 mill. 55 million could get us a pretty good O-Line and some other needs

The only person I see staying on the o-line is Matt Paradis. He was tops or near tops in the league at center, it was just hard to tell since everyone around him sucked lol

:up:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm

a little something about Kaepernick most didn't know please watch
https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks/ ... 512784205/
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Denver Post Brock Olivo Hired as ST coach rounding out the staff. What a change the Broncos taking from all the AFC west teams instead of the other way around. https://t.co/fECnhzdAx7
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Kiszla https://t.co/gdNxHf0MqX I agree with this not who to bring in but Ware is done and should think about coaching somewhere
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Jarhead93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Hoppy wrote:Kiszla https://t.co/gdNxHf0MqX I agree with this not who to bring in but Ware is done and should think about coaching somewhere

I can think of a place where his coaching career can get off to an outstanding start. I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. I'm sure someone from the organization / media can see the serious no brainer here. :up: :up:
SEMPER FIDELIS
Jarhead93
Rookie

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:48 am

Jarhead93 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Kiszla https://t.co/gdNxHf0MqX I agree with this not who to bring in but Ware is done and should think about coaching somewhere

I can think of a place where his coaching career can get off to an outstanding start. I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. I'm sure someone from the organization / media can see the serious no brainer here. :up: :up:

Dallas? :D
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:25 pm

what on the radio
https://t.co/AMtNceXQci
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Broncos talk to WR but I don't think they draft him the highlights are low I didn't see any speed and I don't like the way he carries the ball (Thoughts)
https://t.co/TvzKzb5TpR
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Hoppy wrote:Broncos talk to WR but I don't think they draft him the highlights are low I didn't see any speed and I don't like the way he carries the ball (Thoughts)
https://t.co/TvzKzb5TpR

That is about the worst highlight video I have ever seen lol :lol: The very first clip is his QB getting sacked, sure he was wide open, but it was a blown coverage, nothing he did. Other plays like that where the ball wasn't even thrown to him or was tipped away yards before it reached him are irrelevant. He does carry the ball funny and will be easily stripped in the pros. Maybe a late 6-7th round pick but I didn't see anything super special. Most plays had no YAC and most of his catches were when he was wide open, only a couple while actually being covered.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Hoppy wrote:what on the radio
https://t.co/AMtNceXQci

Most of the mock drafts I have seen have us going with an OT in the first round also. Not sure how/if that will work out. If Elway sees another player that he values highly dropping down the board he may trade up and go that route instead, no matter what position it is. There are too many variables to know at all what is going to happen that day and Elway likes to get the best bang/player for his buck. That is how he has always drafted.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)