AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:16 am

I don't want Kap and all the junk and drama that comes with him. He's not worth it and hasn't been good in a while. He'll be even worse behind our o-line. I saw keep Lynch and Siemian and bring in real competition for them over the offseason. Use FA and the draft to rebuild the o-line. Most of the defense is locked up so we are good there, same with vital pieces on the offense.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:03 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:I don't want Kap and all the junk and drama that comes with him. He's not worth it and hasn't been good in a while. He'll be even worse behind our o-line. I saw keep Lynch and Siemian and bring in real competition for them over the offseason. Use FA and the draft to rebuild the o-line. Most of the defense is locked up so we are good there, same with vital pieces on the offense.

Agreed. Plus if the Texans gave Oz 72 million who knows what the Jets, Browns, and Jags will shell out for a mediocre QB like Kap next year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:42 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:I don't want Kap and all the junk and drama that comes with him. He's not worth it and hasn't been good in a while. He'll be even worse behind our o-line. I saw keep Lynch and Siemian and bring in real competition for them over the offseason. Use FA and the draft to rebuild the o-line. Most of the defense is locked up so we are good there, same with vital pieces on the offense.

Agreed. Plus if the Texans gave Oz 72 million who knows what the Jets, Browns, and Jags will shell out for a mediocre QB like Kap next year.

If both QBs were the same amount I would take Oz over Kap, but not at 72 million.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:22 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

If both QBs were the same amount I would take Oz over Kap, but not at 72 million.

First I'm not saying I want him here. Now I don't think he will be asking for that much remember he wasn't the starter at the beginning of the season and his numbers aren't that great now. Yes he will get more than a rookie would because of the way the contract language is with the league. But he doesn't have a strong leg to stand on unless he doesn't want to win. In other words he has to take less to go to a winning team. He may want to win he's made money and understands he was just at third down and 1 to go out of the league. Kap is not mediocre he has a big arm and can scramble. We may not like him for his off field politics but he can play. what changed from when John tried to sign him before the season when he was still injured. Most were all for him coming here if he restructured his deal. I was, Just have to let him know to tone his politics down some like Marshall has done.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:27 pm

Hoppy wrote:First I'm not saying I want him here. Now I don't think he will be asking for that much remember he wasn't the starter at the beginning of the season and his numbers aren't that great now. Yes he will get more than a rookie would because of the way the contract language is with the league. But he doesn't have a strong leg to stand on unless he doesn't want to win. In other words he has to take less to go to a winning team. He may want to win he's made money and understands he was just at third down and 1 to go out of the league. Kap is not mediocre he has a big arm and can scramble. We may not like him for his off field politics but he can play. what changed from when John tried to sign him before the season when he was still injured. Most were all for him coming here if he restructured his deal. I was, Just have to let him know to tone his politics down some like Marshall has done.

Personally, I could care less about his off field politics, everyone has a right to believe what the they do. It's when he brings it on the field that it's an issue for me. Want to get the word out and use your platform? Film a commercial supporting the appropriate cause and pay to air it. To me it is similar to how I feel about celebrities. I think Tom Cruise and Will Smith are crazy for their scientology stuff, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy going to see their newest movie that has nothing to do with their religious viewpoints.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:09 pm

Baggage aside....Kap isn't that good. He's immature and it effects his play. He'd have to take a hell of a paycut to make him worth picking up.

As far as OZ?....He made his bed and now he can lay in it. 72 million for a guy who played less than half a season in his career and was mediocre is a pretty steep price. That should keep the Texans from doing anything constructive for awhile. His cap hit next year is 25 million so the Texans are boxed in. We'll find some help at QB somewhere at a reasonable price.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:38 pm

Thought this would make everyone laugh
https://www.facebook.com/newsnercom/vid ... 678214913/
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:03 pm

D-line, O-line, Qbs, suck. I will be surprised if we make the play-offs! :(
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:06 pm

how bad can we look. can't stop the run and linebackers can't cover. QB can't get enough respect to keep their defense from stacking the box so we can't run and he can't pass to his right. can we all say home for the playoffs.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:07 pm

IckyIPA wrote:D-line, O-line, Qbs, suck. I will be surprised if we make the play-offs! :(

beat me to it Icky
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:34 pm

So what if it's 63 yards!!!! There would be no time left on the clock. So, why not atleast try the FG? Time to call it a career, and hang up the whistle Kubes :x I see no fire nor desire in him, and it shows in the teams body language too.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:17 pm

IckyIPA wrote:So what if it's 63 yards!!!! There would be no time left on the clock. So, why not atleast try the FG? Time to call it a career, and hang up the whistle Kubes :x I see no fire nor desire in him, and it shows in the teams body language too.

I felt the same way when he called for the Field goal at the end of the Chiefs game. And the play calling sucks
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:50 pm

with 14:54 left they went for it on 4th down what is it with Kub why not kick the FG then and now we would be tied
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:05 pm

another bad game for the home team. That just about does it as far as the Playoffs. The run had to end sometime. Lets just be glad we're not the Browns
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:53 am

Hoppy wrote:another bad game for the home team. That just about does it as far as the Playoffs. The run had to end sometime. Lets just be glad we're not the Browns

Or San Fran or the Jags....lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:54 am

Hoppy wrote:
IckyIPA wrote:So what if it's 63 yards!!!! There would be no time left on the clock. So, why not atleast try the FG? Time to call it a career, and hang up the whistle Kubes :x I see no fire nor desire in him, and it shows in the teams body language too.

I felt the same way when he called for the Field goal at the end of the Chiefs game. And the play calling sucks

Yep. Weird play calling for a team that has trouble putting points up on offense.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:21 am

Overall it was a pretty disappointing game/season. The offense has been non-existent and the defense plays so much that they couldn't recover for the next game if they took the whole week off. I place most of my blame on the o-line unit. Seems that most everything can be traced back to those 5 guys on the field. Even play calling is effected when the coach knows he has no chance of running the ball or calling certain other plays.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:04 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:Overall it was a pretty disappointing game/season. The offense has been non-existent and the defense plays so much that they couldn't recover for the next game if they took the whole week off. I place most of my blame on the o-line unit. Seems that most everything can be traced back to those 5 guys on the field. Even play calling is effected when the coach knows he has no chance of running the ball or calling certain other plays.

We have neglected the offensive line for way too long now. Every year it gets a little worse than the previous year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:03 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Overall it was a pretty disappointing game/season. The offense has been non-existent and the defense plays so much that they couldn't recover for the next game if they took the whole week off. I place most of my blame on the o-line unit. Seems that most everything can be traced back to those 5 guys on the field. Even play calling is effected when the coach knows he has no chance of running the ball or calling certain other plays.

We have neglected the offensive line for way too long now. Every year it gets a little worse than the previous year.

Agreed. It has finally caught up with us. Need Shanny to come back and consult on the line lol.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:35 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:55 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Agreed. It has finally caught up with us. Need Shanny to come back and consult on the line lol.

I look at it different then you guys I guess. I think it's the QB play that hurts us. The ball should come out on time and the rush won't touch you. Next 5 guys can't block 8 we play against 8 in the box every game b/c they don't respect our QB. Last season Brock had a problem with timing at first then once he was on time with his passes the offense moved the ball with the run. The defense had to respect the pass. Yes we need help on the line but they also need help from the QB. Trevor ran into a sack twice yesterday. If he had stayed in the pocket the blocker would have pushed the defender away from him but he came out of the pocket because his first read wasn't there and he panicked and ran into the blocked defender. He is slow and can't throw to the right. He passes high or low ,too wide or behind the receiver when he passes to his right. Yesterday he missed Sanders wide open at the goal line and threw into coverage. You will see the receivers throw their hands up in disgust a lot. So it's more the QB that is hurting this team if they play better the team will. I bet we look for a QB this off season. That Romo talk may happen. He will at least get the ball out on time and make the right reads.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:56 am

Now that the Ravens lost we are back in the 6th seed. Like we'd make much noise in the playoffs this year. A Tony Romo deal is looking better by the minute....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:15 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Now that the Ravens lost we are back in the 6th seed. Like we'd make much noise in the playoffs this year. A Tony Romo deal is looking better by the minute....lol.

Not good enough to get far in the post season and too good to get a decent draft pick :(
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:41 am

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Now that the Ravens lost we are back in the 6th seed. Like we'd make much noise in the playoffs this year. A Tony Romo deal is looking better by the minute....lol.

Not good enough to get far in the post season and too good to get a decent draft pick :(

I think the offensive line studs will still be around mid to lower first round. A run stopper on defensive would be nice in the second round.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:31 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

I think the offensive line studs will still be around mid to lower first round. A run stopper on defensive would be nice in the second round.

True, let's just hope that Elway can look past "best player available" to a degree and focus on what we need. I don't see us making a big FA splash so needs won't be filled that way. I think the best chance for us to do something in FA starts with moving DT. He is the best player with the most valuable contact that is underperforming in my opinion. Moving him opens up a decent amount of money since his contract was never restructured.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:31 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

True, let's just hope that Elway can look past "best player available" to a degree and focus on what we need. I don't see us making a big FA splash so needs won't be filled that way. I think the best chance for us to do something in FA starts with moving DT. He is the best player with the most valuable contact that is underperforming in my opinion. Moving him opens up a decent amount of money since his contract was never restructured.

You can't move DT this season without taking a big Cap hit. It will cost 18 million on our cap If I remember right. Trading him last off season was the best and cheapest hit on our cap. That's one of the reasons I wanted to trade him last season.next season it will hurt us even more. This was a poor contract the way it's written.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Hoppy wrote:You can't move DT this season without taking a big Cap hit. It will cost 18 million on our cap If I remember right. Trading him last off season was the best and cheapest hit on our cap. That's one of the reasons I wanted to trade him last season.next season it will hurt us even more. This was a poor contract the way it's written.

Darn, I wasn't sure where it would be this year since we didn't do the signing bonus thing the last couple seasons. Doesn't make sense to get rid of him I guess.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:23 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:You can't move DT this season without taking a big Cap hit. It will cost 18 million on our cap If I remember right. Trading him last off season was the best and cheapest hit on our cap. That's one of the reasons I wanted to trade him last season.next season it will hurt us even more. This was a poor contract the way it's written.

Darn, I wasn't sure where it would be this year since we didn't do the signing bonus thing the last couple seasons. Doesn't make sense to get rid of him I guess.

I was wrong if we cut him he will cost us 19 million trading him will just save us 1.4 million his hit will be 10.6 million his cap number is 12 million. Where we will save money will be Talib. His cap is also 12 but to cut him it will cost us 2 million but if we wait until June 1st it will cost us 1 million.
Okung should be another June 1st cut he will cost us 200.000 then his cap number is 11.7 if he is on the team June 2nd. Cutting those two will save us 23 million in cap space. Here is a link to do the math

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... Fb9yPQRuAg
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 am

Hoppy wrote:I was wrong if we cut him he will cost us 19 million trading him will just save us 1.4 million his hit will be 10.6 million his cap number is 12 million. Where we will save money will be Talib. His cap is also 12 but to cut him it will cost us 2 million but if we wait until June 1st it will cost us 1 million.
Okung should be another June 1st cut he will cost us 200.000 then his cap number is 11.7 if he is on the team June 2nd. Cutting those two will save us 23 million in cap space. Here is a link to do the math

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... Fb9yPQRuAg

Yeah get rid of Okung for sure, talib on the other hand would be hard for me. The guy can be a punk but he's a good player that is producing at a high level. I hate to get rid of guys like that. That's the San Diego model and it doesn't work long term.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:28 pm

Well as far as free agents next season I don't see anyone who we just have to keep so no franchise tags next season unless we can't get McManus to sign. The tag for him should be around 3.6 and I think he's one of the best in the league. D. Ware will cost you 14+ million to tag and at 34 I wouldn't think Elway would do that, he may not even be here. We are projected to have 30 million keeping 12 million for rookies and injuries(if someone hast to be brought in during the season we keep about 7 million on the books) we only have 18 million to play with. Going to have to rely on draft picks more than free agency IMO. But John and I don't think alike that's why he make the big bucks. Do we Keep V. Walker or Sly Williams. We have to draft that position again this season Gotsis is a bust. I can't believe we are paying him 1 million next season If we cut him June 1st he will save us about 600.000. Kayvon Webster is a must keep. McManus, Paradis, Shaq Barrett,those 3 we need. Norwood, Tayler or Fowler we won't keep all. Zaire Anderson, Todd Davis,or Dekoda Watson. And those are just a few names. John has his work cut out for him don't have another off season like the last. Oh and get us an O-Line for Christmas John.
I can't believe I said what I did about Webster He has really panned out for the team.
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)