AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:10 am

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Greeting all. Got permanently hired by a trucking company running tankers. Just got back from Louisiana. Went down for training for a good long bit. About 10 minutes from Baton Rogue and 40 minutes from New Orleans. Had some great food. Back home finally. Kentucky side of the river just outside Cincinnati. My permanent home terminal is local. I somehow landed a dedicated route with a guaranteed minimum weekly pay. Almost unheard of for a new driver. I have a few days off before I start my first run to Rhode Island. I will be out 2 – 3 days at a time. A lot of the new truckers end up as system drivers, meaning no dedicated pay, (mileage pay only) and very long time away from home. I don’t know how I got this lucky, but I must have done something right.

Missed posting for the last 3 games. Hated losing those two games, especially a division game with San Diego. It was great to beat Houston though. I wished we had sacked Oz more but thanks to our defense, he had horrible stats. Enjoy Houston Oz. Lol

It seems that we can get physically violent when we need to be or have the motivation. The playoff game against the Patriots. The Superbowl and the Texans. I wish we could play that way every game. Should be an interesting year. All the teams in the AFC West look pretty good.

I head out Sunday at 3:00 pm EST so I won’t be able to watch the next game. Hoping for some revenge at home. GO Broncos!!!!
Last edited by kicks on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:58 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Hey Kicks you around?

Yes? :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:08 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
Hoppy wrote:almost got everything I wanted we didn't get any sacks not sure why they didn't give Wolfe the sack on the fumbled snap. We had a 100 yard rusher. Booker brought the beast out of CJ and book almost had 100. good game running the ball have to keep it up. 5-2 better than 4-3 Go Broncos!!!

What I noticed Hop, was Brock played the game not to be sacked. He didn't care about completing passes, keeping drives alive, or even winning. All he cared about was, not letting our rush having enough time to get to him. Punked his whole team to avoid being sacked.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I get an Amen!!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:47 pm

kicks wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Hey Kicks you around?

Yes? :D

Sending you a message...
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Crap, can't send messages either, everything is stuck in the outbox :/ I need a new password :lol: I can only access the site from my computer at work because it has it saved and it says I'm not authorized to change it. Plus, with any luck, I'll be gone from my current company soon and wont have access to this computer.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:05 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:Crap, can't send messages either, everything is stuck in the outbox :/ I need a new password :lol: I can only access the site from my computer at work because it has it saved and it says I'm not authorized to change it. Plus, with any luck, I'll be gone from my current company soon and wont have access to this computer.

Got your message. It will "sit" in the outbox until it is read. That's normal. I have a message I sent to someone back in March that is still in my outbox because he never read it.
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:17 pm

kicks wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Crap, can't send messages either, everything is stuck in the outbox :/ I need a new password :lol: I can only access the site from my computer at work because it has it saved and it says I'm not authorized to change it. Plus, with any luck, I'll be gone from my current company soon and wont have access to this computer.

Got your message. It will "sit" in the outbox until it is read. That's normal. I have a message I sent to someone back in March that is still in my outbox because he never read it.

Oh ok, thanks. That means peace isn't reading his mail :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:36 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
kicks wrote:

I'll have CK smack him around a little. :lol: 8-)
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:38 pm

kicks wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
kicks wrote:

Notice that I didn't say that I would smack him around. :mrgreen:
kicks
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

IckyIPA wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:I'm watching the Jags/Titans game and the color rush uniforms for the Jags looks like puke color.... .....

I'm over the color rush deal myself.

LOL...I was thinking, baby shit brown, myself

:up:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:38 pm

kicks wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
kicks wrote:

She smacked me all over the place one time long ago....lol.

No, she's actually always been nice to me.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Oh...and the "color Rush" uniforms and all of the retarded marketing "thowback/throwup" crap needs to end....soon. We want football.....not some marketing dipshirt trying to justify their new job. Ratings are down......ya think?

'Utah quietly steps off of the soapbox'
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Last thing we needed was a tie and the Bengals at that. May not hurt us if we play like we are capable of playing but who knows teams that are playing for a wild card at the end of the year It could be they don't get in by 1/2 a game. Do they randomly pick one of us to miss the first half of a Sunday DB missed last week Icky this week.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:58 pm

Another OT tie? Thats 2 so far this year. Usually we only get one every couple of years.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:34 pm

Hoppy wrote:Last thing we needed was a tie and the Bengals at that. May not hurt us if we play like we are capable of playing but who knows teams that are playing for a wild card at the end of the year It could be they don't get in by 1/2 a game. Do they randomly pick one of us to miss the first half of a Sunday DB missed last week Icky this week.

DB didn't get his picks in on time last week. I suspect the same happened to Icky. He put in Thursdays game meaning to come back and finish and didn't.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:49 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Last thing we needed was a tie and the Bengals at that. May not hurt us if we play like we are capable of playing but who knows teams that are playing for a wild card at the end of the year It could be they don't get in by 1/2 a game. Do they randomly pick one of us to miss the first half of a Sunday DB missed last week Icky this week.

DB didn't get his picks in on time last week. I suspect the same happened to Icky. He put in Thursdays game meaning to come back and finish and didn't.

Thanks Utah now tell me if okung can make a block this game
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Thanks Utah now tell me if okung can make a block this game

Nobody can. Two weeks ago or today. And our running game is nonexistent.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Roby is playing well today though.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:06 pm

We appear to have intercepted the ball. As bad as we are playing we're still in the lead. Now if we can milk it until SD's late game melt down sets in.....
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:07 pm

17-7
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Rivers is an interception king today...
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Thoughts and Prayers for Wade.....that was a nasty hit he took.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Good stop. Now chew the clock up as Rivers is dangerous....
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Denver wins!

This defense is beginning to hit it's stride. The offense is a work in progress but hopefully they jell.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:09 am

Well that was an interesting game. Little bit of everything there. Rivers took a ton of hits. You could see it all over his face in the 3rd quarter, he was tired and bruised. Defense finally showed up and did great, even without Talib which I worried about when I heard. Nice to have Ware back, I didn't feel there was enough to overturn that strip sack, but they did, and the football gods corrected it a few plays later. Glad to here Wade was out of the hospital last night, hope they gave him something for that headache I'm sure he has. Offense needs to do more. Seimian did better attacking downfield this game but a lot of balls were not thrown well, and DT alligator armed several as well. Seimian did get better protection this time and seemed to be releasing faster and tossing the ball away instead of going down with it. A W is always good though so I'll take it. We can't really afford to lose many in the division so this game was important.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:05 am

The Denver Post
https://t.co/U37iQoY80o
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:11 am

Trading deadline tomorrow 4 ET
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:25 pm

Hoppy wrote:The Denver Post

"Rivers recorded a 48.8 passer rating on 20-of-47 passing for 267 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions. The Broncos sacked him four times."

That's what this defense does. Rivers couldn't wait for this game to be over.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:36 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
Hoppy wrote:The Denver Post

"Rivers recorded a 48.8 passer rating on 20-of-47 passing for 267 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions. The Broncos sacked him four times."

That's what this defense does. Rivers couldn't wait for this game to be over.

His face told us that. He was in pain. Next week I see a better outcome to our running game. But we are playing a good running team so Our defense has to stop the run on the way to the Carr. Oakland is5th in the league in rushing averaging 116 yards a game just a little over that. If we stop the run and make them beat us by the pass I think we treat Carr much like Rivers. We on the other hand need to run the ball in order to win this game. The league knows by now that Siemian can't throw to his right. There will be teams that play him zone to one side and make him beat you on the right. He passes high, over throws his receivers. Not sure when the team will play someone else but IT'S COMING. We have to keep up with The pats or end up going to their house in the Championship game. I'd like to see them here. Carr is having a great year but I think it's more they are beating up on poor teams and this week if we run the ball our defense will open their eyes to where they are in the division(BEHIND THE ORANGE AND BLUE). Hope Rivers feels better tomorrow cause today I'm sure he's sore.
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)