AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby cklaurence » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 pm

I have never in the life of the Fins EVER picked against them... :o
CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:CK, you are more than welcome to join the pickem league over on Yahoo as well. And don't worry, we won't hold it against you if you don't pick your fins every week!

I signed up.

Awesome!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:29 pm

cklaurence wrote:I have never in the life of the Fins EVER picked against them... :o

Lol, very good. :lol: Feel free to join up. A yahoo account is free if you don't already have one and this is all for fun. It's pretty easy and doesn't take much time to enter your picks each week. Sign-up info is below. :up:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:18 pm

I am far too much of a dunderhead to play fantasy football! As knowledgeable as I am about the real game, I'm damned stupid when it comes to fantasy. My son-in-law started a a family team this year and I think they are ready to dump me already. Every day I have a new inane question for them. I know I'd embarrass the hell out of myself--although I am tremendously flattered that you thought enough of me toinvite me to join your group!
Just remember to post results over here so I can see what it's like out there in the rest of the <3 world...
CSpringsNSD wrote:
cklaurence wrote:I have never in the life of the Fins EVER picked against them... :o

Lol, very good. :lol: Feel free to join up. A yahoo account is free if you don't already have one and this is all for fun. It's pretty easy and doesn't take much time to enter your picks each week. Sign-up info is below. :up:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby CSpringsNSD » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:25 pm

cklaurence wrote:I am far too much of a dunderhead to play fantasy football! As knowledgeable as I am about the real game, I'm damned stupid when it comes to fantasy. My son-in-law started a a family team this year and I think they are ready to dump me already. Every day I have a new inane question for them. I know I'd embarrass the hell out of myself--although I am tremendously flattered that you thought enough of me toinvite me to join your group!
Just remember to post results over here so I can see what it's like out there in the rest of the <3 world...
CSpringsNSD wrote:

I can't play full fantasy style football either, takes too much time and I don't tend to know players outside of Denver. This is just picking which team will win each game. Super easy! If you change your mind feel free to join. I tend to post updates here after the week is over for everyone to see. We also go through the playoffs and it usually gets pretty tight down to 2-3 players looking to seal it up.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:57 am

CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:06 pm

Got 5 total now in the pick'em, who is "oh no"?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:58 pm

well they look like a team headed for an 8-8 season in the first half. I think Lynch has a good shot at being the starter before week 6 at the rate the but fumbler played. would like to see lynch play with the 1's
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:20 am

Hoppy wrote:well they look like a team headed for an 8-8 season in the first half. I think Lynch has a good shot at being the starter before week 6 at the rate the but fumbler played. would like to see lynch play with the 1's

Based on Sanchez's and Siemian's performances you may get your wish this week. I'm sure that Kubiak is willing to give it to him at this point.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denv ... job-082116
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:11 pm

Broncos name Trevor Siemian Starter for next game. I like it B/C he is a rookie still as far as game experience so he can learn from his mistakes. Sanchez is what he is. Like the decision. Keep Mark around until Paxton gets up to speed and let Lynch be the #2 QB cut Sanchez.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Trevor-Si ... s-46904631
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Hoppy wrote:Broncos name Trevor Siemian Starter for next game. I like it B/C he is a rookie still as far as game experience so he can learn from his mistakes. Sanchez is what he is. Like the decision. Keep Mark around until Paxton gets up to speed and let Lynch be the #2 QB cut Sanchez.
http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Trevor-Si ... s-46904631

Glad he is starting again as well. And this gives him the whole week to mentally prepare for it instead of a couple days. I say Sanchez doesn't go in unless it's a complete disaster. Still hoping that Lynch can get some 1st team reps in during the game though.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Cameron Wolff of the Denver Post predicts the 53. I think they keep 4 running backs Thompson stays he can also play FB only 5 WR

https://t.co/b4A02DepeM
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:42 am

I think both Hillman and Butt Fumble get cut before this is all over with.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:47 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:I think both Hillman and Butt Fumble get cut before this is all over with.

Hillman is more likely, Butt Fumbler would be more of a surprise. He's only on a one year contract isn't he?
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:44 pm

CSpringsNSD wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:I think both Hillman and Butt Fumble get cut before this is all over with.

Hillman is more likely, Butt Fumbler would be more of a surprise. He's only on a one year contract isn't he?

I think so and only part of it is guaranteed. The dude has a long history of turnovers.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:05 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

I think so and only part of it is guaranteed. The dude has a long history of turnovers.

there is talk today that Sanchez is out of here

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-w ... z-46922235
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:09 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:

there is talk today that Sanchez is out of here

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-w ... z-46922235

What a bust. At least we have something to gain from letting him go. The 7th round pick isn't much but the money is nice.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:33 pm

Howdy gang. Just wanted to give a shout to my homie, B Marsh. Looking forward to another ALL-PRO performance this year (he got unduly snubbed last year). He is the clear and present leader, of what is undoubtedly one of the best defenses the NFL has ever fielded. On a team full of stars, Brandon, you get my love brother. My 54 jersey is here, and I will be honoring you on game days.GO BRONCOS
https://youtu.be/UO05T_Iefz4
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:43 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/kae ... li=BBnba9I

I think we dodged a bullet here not trading for this guy. Between his "arm fatigue" and irrational reasoning to make "statements" about everything all of the time, he's nothing but trouble.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:58 am

I watched the Browns and Tampa game last night. The new slimmed down Winston is pretty impressive. Although one TD pass and a couple of of throws were under thrown..(Evans bailed him out on those)...he looks sharp in his passing and seems to scramble well in the appropriate times unlike RGIII. RG III on the other hand seems to be up to his old self taking off out of the pocket after he makes one read to his primary receiver. If Josh Gordon wasn't back he'd have looked worse than he did. Speaking of Josh Gordon.....that dude didn't miss a beat after being out of for over a season. If it weren't for the ridiculous pot smoking rules in the NFL.....he'd be in the top two receivers without a doubt. Pot isn't a performance enhancing drug....I think the NFL should get a clue and stop penalizing kids for smoking a joint now and again. But with "King Goodell" and an ownership that rivals the ages of our Supreme Court Justices.....this will continue even though it's been either legalized or decriminalized in half of the states. I hate to go off on a rant but what effect on football does smoking pot occasionally have?

Anyway.....I wish we had Josh Gordon. He may be Cleveland's only hope at looking somewhat respectable. RG III was sacked 5 times in a half last night. Between his ineptness, the offensive line, and his ridiculous tendency to try to run all the time is going to pretty much guarantee he won't finish the year upright. Winston, on the other hand, looks to be one of the top QB's out there this year.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:16 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sp ... li=BBnba9I

Another reason to watch the Lingerie Football League......lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:23 am

I'm going to try and analyze the live draft league tomorrow. If we only have a couple of teams actually playing this year I'm going to shut it down. If anyone wants to play or knows people that do I'll open it up to them and we'll proceed. At this point it's probably too late in the game for that. Anyone's input is more than welcomed but Icky warned me of this weeks ago and I have been too busy to do anything about it. Not anyone's fault but mine but life has been a bit of a challenge lately for me.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:08 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma/van ... li=BBnb7Kz

Paige Vant Zant knocked the living shit out of this gal with one kick...lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:33 pm

They played Seimian and Lynch tonight....no Sanchez. If Butt Fumble doesn't get cut next week he'll be playing for a job next week. I think the Sanchez experiment is over and done myself......
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Colquitt and Butt Fumble should get cut tomorrow.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:27 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Colquitt and Butt Fumble should get cut tomorrow.

Kubiak said he told sanchez he wasn't going to play last week and told him that his reason was because he needed to see what the two young guys had in games . He told Mark he has enough film on him from years back. Now that's what he said after the game if you believe that I have some ocean view property he in Denver I can let you have cheap. Rumor has it that they ask Colquitt to take a pay cut from almost 4 million to 1.6. He is thinking about it
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:45 am

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:46 am

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:Colquitt and Butt Fumble should get cut tomorrow.

Kubiak said he told sanchez he wasn't going to play last week and told him that his reason was because he needed to see what the two young guys had in games . He told Mark he has enough film on him from years back. Now that's what he said after the game if you believe that I have some ocean view property he in Denver I can let you have cheap. Rumor has it that they ask Colquitt to take a pay cut from almost 4 million to 1.6. He is thinking about it

If I were him I'd think real hard about it...lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:13 am

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/08 ... to-be-cut/

Sanchez expected to be cut. We save 4.5 million and a draft pick.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:27 am

Time is running out. Be sure to join the pickem league over on yahoo!

Yahoo Pick'em Info:

Name: Swiss Broncos
PW: Millertime
Group ID: 1374
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:47 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/28/mark-sanchez-denver-broncos-qb-expected-to-be-cut/

Sanchez expected to be cut. We save 4.5 million and a draft pick.

"It’s not just about poor performance with Sanchez. He’s the highest paid quarterback on the roster."

At 4.5 million a year :lol: :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)