AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:48 pm

cklaurence wrote:Hey Bronco friends and fans! Just wanted to thank you for keeping this place going in the offseason. Should get busier as the preseason approaches. It should be a very interesting year. Are you all disappointed that Peyton retired or are you hyped about your new QB?

I'm more excited about the running back we got (Booker) he may make Elway wish he let you team get CJ. as far as Manning I'm happy to see him retire. It was a year too late IMO. Good luck this season Gase will get the Offense going for you
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Hoppy wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Hey Bronco friends and fans! Just wanted to thank you for keeping this place going in the offseason. Should get busier as the preseason approaches. It should be a very interesting year. Are you all disappointed that Peyton retired or are you hyped about your new QB?

I'm more excited about the running back we got (Booker) he may make Elway wish he let you team get CJ. as far as Manning I'm happy to see him retire. It was a year too late IMO. Good luck this season Gase will get the Offense going for you

I don't think it was too late as far as the team goes. We needed Manning to get through the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. Did he play as big a part as the defense? No. But I seriously doubt we would have even made the playoffs had Oz played all year. The team got what they needed when they needed it and benched him when they had to. I think the whole thing was played very well by Elway and the coaching staff.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Are we hyped about Sanchez? Or Paxton Lynch? It's pretty to hard to get hyped about Dr. Butt fumble although he's probably our transition QB this year. I'm not sure Butt fumble isn't as good as OZ though. I was never an OZ fan and his stat numbers don't prove me wrong.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:17 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:

Are we hyped about Sanchez? Or Paxton Lynch? It's pretty to hard to get hyped about Dr. Butt fumble although he's probably our transition QB this year. I'm not sure Butt fumble isn't as good as OZ though. I was never an OZ fan and his stat numbers don't prove me wrong.

Hey Ute! Welcome to the world of lost QBs. My heart goes out to you, but sometimes they come in and surprise you (this from the old broad that keeps hoping Danny will come back to the Fins :lol: ). Hope all is well with you and yours. Give Paul my regards ;) , and here we go again.

Strange thing. Awhile back I was speaking with someone (I honestly don't remember who...) who was trying to recruit a female to Switzerland and she said she was friends with Paul and I did something(terrible, I guess) so she would never join our Swiss group. Strange, huh? And after all this time. Can you believe it's been years since we first opened at my old DEMONS site? I'm thinking that was around 2005. I was still practically a young broad... :roll: Big hugs, c.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:15 pm

cklaurence wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Hey Ute! Welcome to the world of lost QBs. My heart goes out to you, but sometimes they come in and surprise you (this from the old broad that keeps hoping Danny will come back to the Fins :lol: ). Hope all is well with you and yours. Give Paul my regards ;) , and here we go again.

Strange thing. Awhile back I was speaking with someone (I honestly don't remember who...) who was trying to recruit a female to Switzerland and she said she was friends with Paul and I did something(terrible, I guess) so she would never join our Swiss group. Strange, huh? And after all this time. Can you believe it's been years since we first opened at my old DEMONS site? I'm thinking that was around 2005. I was still practically a young broad... :roll: Big hugs, c.

I'll give Paul your regards. I still go to lunch with him occasionally. As far as what female that is.....I have no clue.

I have a Dolphin present to send to you as well. I have kept threatening to send it but shit always happens and I never have. I'm going to send it to the address I have unless you tell me to send it to another one. It's a teak wood dolphin I bought up in Lava Hot Springs Idaho. Plus a box with all of the Dolphin SB tickets I've bought you that never paid off.....lol.

And I'm no spring chicken myself anymore....lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:45 am

Eron, if you ever pop your head in, I found that shirt again. Here is the link
http://teestylepro.com/h51-broncos?var=ma
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:56 am

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:25 pm

I'd like to see him make it his year....if he doesn't he'll probably be done at least in Denver. He has the ability I think though.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:16 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:

I'd like to see him make it his year....if he doesn't he'll probably be done at least in Denver. He has the ability I think though.

when he came out I felt he was too inexperienced for the NFL. potential was there but one year of ball at CSU against bad teams, I wasn't a believer. He has had 2 years on the PS yes One year in Kubiak's system so I hope he does make it. That will assure me that Hillman will be saying goodbye. So I'm a fan this season. If not like you say he will be out of here.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:03 am

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:05 am

Training camp not far away Dates and times
https://t.co/a7LTlBS1Kn
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:08 am

10 more days sign the man john we can't afford to see Miller in a different color next season. and it will become a bidding war if you don't sign the man and please make him stop with the nude pics
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Hoppy wrote:10 more days sign the man john we can't afford to see Miller in a different color next season. and it will become a bidding war if you don't sign the man and please make him stop with the nude pics

He can post all the nude pics he wants if he signs, I don't care :lol:
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:19 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... 1-million/

The two sides are getting closer. Up to 61 million guaranteed from the original 38.5 million. Hopefully he doesn't get too greedy and they get a deal. As a fan I have no sympathy to someone scoffing at 61 million no matter how he plays from here on out. We common folk can only get that kind of cash by winning the lottery when it's up that high.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:22 am

Hoppy wrote:Talks kick back in for Miller
http://www.mail.denverpost.com/rgtjnglq ... hjddh.html

How about them Pirates Hoppy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
carbs and broncos still suck
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:23 am

Hey Guys...hope all is well.....finally fixed my computer to get in....silly Raider is back :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby R8der113 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:44 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:

Can't wait for Sanchez to meet Mr Mack :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
R8der113
Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:24 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/10/report-broncos-increase-guarantee-for-von-miller-to-61-million/

The two sides are getting closer. Up to 61 million guaranteed from the original 38.5 million. Hopefully he doesn't get too greedy and they get a deal. As a fan I have no sympathy to someone scoffing at 61 million no matter how he plays from here on out. We common folk can only get that kind of cash by winning the lottery when it's up that high.

That's just it he is not common He's the best defensive player in the NFL and you have to pay him like he is. Greedy ? the man won the super bowl. Both TD were because of him. His fumble when Jackson fell on it and the Fumble that Ward fell on at the 4 set up the other. With out him what would have been the score. Pay the man John this is not the time to be cheap He will leave next season if you don't
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:25 pm

R8der113 wrote:Hey Guys...hope all is well.....finally fixed my computer to get in....silly Raider is back :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Glad to see you old friend welcome back
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:27 pm

R8der113 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Talks kick back in for Miller
http://www.mail.denverpost.com/rgtjnglq ... hjddh.html

How about them Pirates Hoppy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pirates and the Cards have our work cut out for us this season. I still hate the Cubs more
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:33 pm

R8der113 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

Can't wait for Sanchez to meet Mr Mack :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Worry about Mr. Booker That's who I'm hyped about. With a good running and we bring back the defense we had we are right back into the SB. Remember we didn't have a QB last season. and Your team couldn't stop the run :lol:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Compared to flops on other teams, Rahim Moore being the most embarrassing Broncos jersey to own isn't that bad.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the ... 9I#page=30
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:32 pm

This is with Miller it will be untrue if he leaves
http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/7/11 ... o-football
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:00 pm

He won't leave for another year....if he sits out an opportunity to play. He has some to gain by sitting out a season.....but a ton to lose. Like his luster.....most people who take a year off from the sport lose their edge, a paycheck....even if it is like chump change at 15 million, the Broncos have ponied up 61 million years guaranteed in the latest offer even if he sucks from here on out.........come on now.....if he's that stupid (kinda like the suddenly famous rock star he's been acting like)....then let him do that......
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:27 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:He won't leave for another year....if he sits out an opportunity to play. He has some to gain by sitting out a season.....but a ton to lose. Like his luster.....most people who take a year off from the sport lose their edge, a paycheck....even if it is like chump change at 15 million, the Broncos have ponied up 61 million years guaranteed in the latest offer even if he sucks from here on out.........come on now.....if he's that stupid (kinda like the suddenly famous rock star he's been acting like)....then let him do that......

If Miller sit out this season his last game as a Bronco would be SB 50. This defense will be nothing like last. Miller was the biggest reason we were the defense we were. The pass rush was what it was because of him without him There are no TE staying in to help an already double team on Miller. No other player in this league gets that kind of attention. Give him the 3 or 4 million that will make him the highest paid Guaranteed player on the defense. The locker room wants him back they know The secondary know that the no fly zone is what it is B/C of Von. He makes everyone else on the line better. The Stupid move would be the front office if they don't pay the man in My opinion
Hoppy
MVP

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:55 pm

I think everyone agrees he should be paid. I honestly don't understand what's taking so long. From the beginning Elway needed to approach this from a locker room and public PR stance. Make a big deal about the Mega contract that Von earned and show the team and fans how Denver treats such an important player and pay the man. Elway took the cheap road on this one though, the same one he does for many other contracts. While that may be fitting in most other situations, it wasn't for this one.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:56 pm

If Miller isn't signed by the deadline on Friday it will be a big black eye for Elway and the Broncos, despite having done so well on these issues in the past.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)