AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby kicks » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:08 am

I heard Panther tastes like chicken. I'll have to ask the defense. They were feasting on them all game. :lol:
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby CSpringsNSD » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:49 am

kicks wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:
kicks wrote:
CSpringsNSD wrote:Denver is doing pretty good in the big game since I became a fan in 1995. 3 wins out of 4 appearances. I know it was harder for fans before then though. 3 losses in 4 years stings. But like I said before, not many other teams can say they put themselves in the position to win it 8 times.

I became a fan in 82 when Elway came into the league. I was pretty young when they went in 77. But I suffered greatly in the 80's. Picture the Seahawks times 3. It was crushing. Having these 3 wins is about as good as it gets!!!

Agreed, the game against the seahawks was awful, couldn't imagine going through that year after year.

I had flashbacks after the Seattle SB. I'm sure a lot of us did. This win felt great. After that first defensive series, I knew we had it. We picked up right where we left off with New England. I wasn't sure if they could sustain that but they did.

Von Miller is a beast!!! I hope they keep most of this defense intact.

I could tell pretty early on the game was going to go our way also. The team just had this demeanor that they weren't going to lay down. Even though the first series only resulted in a FG, that was enough. It was what we did all year and then our defense took the field and battered the panthers just as we expected the no 1 defense to do.
CSpringsNSD
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:57 am

lol
Attachments
12646978_10207517003217608_3618941861643716155_n.jpg
12646978_10207517003217608_3618941861643716155_n.jpg (37.25 KiB) Viewed 5605 times
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:23 pm

kicks wrote:Question - Do you think Cam will go back to show boating next season? Doing all the dabing and the Superman move every 10 seconds or has he learned some humilty? I know he says he won't conform so I expect that he won't change much. My thought is that he will curb it for a bit. Maybe slow it down a little. I'm all for a little bit of celebrating but I'm thinking he might remember this game for a good long time.

The most objectionable thing to me was destroying fan signs and tearing down flags and banners. No need for that.

You call it showboating I think he's just having fun. But yes he will continue to have fun. I also don't think his tearing down posters in their house was so bad We didn't like Flacco on our stadium but the NFL put it up. They also put up Posters of Flacco on the 16th st. mall that were torn down and all the Broncos fans partied when it happened. I think he played well in the SB. He outplayed Manning. Where was Manning on the fumble that was lost both times he was not diving for the ball. I believe the public and Media are just hating on Cam. He is the best QB out there this season let's just hope he doesn't get better. and I think he will.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Newton is a very good QB. We won this year and that's all that matters.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:41 pm

And I don't like Flacco either.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Out of the available QB's this year, probably Oz is the most appealing. Stafford is an injury waiting to happen....Kap is a mess but Kelly will probably keep him.....Manziel is finished because of himself....and RG3 is the most intriguing one because of his talent but he'll need a good coach with patience to bring him back to his formal self. Shanny may have ruined RG3 unless he can sit behind a veteran QB and be coached back to his potential. He'll probably land in Dallas.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:16 pm

As far as us being ranked back aways in the power rankings, I think that's fair considering all of our free agents and cap space. I think we'll either keep Miller by tagging him or signing him to a somewhat friendly contract, Malik is gone, Oz is a big questionmark depending on what else he's offered, I think we'll keep Trevethan and most of the others. Our biggest challenge will be at QB and offensive line. If players agree to restructure (ware and Clady come to mind) we might have enough cap room to add talent and keep OZ. I agree with Hop on trading Thomas....he got his money and lost the reason we gave it to him in the first place. Trading him and moving up to the top of the draft could get is the QB of the future without having to throw him to the wolves out of the gate. Should be interesting.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:19 pm

What scares me is the Raiders have 71 million in cap space this year. They already have evolved into a handful. The Chiefs have 27 million in room as well with the Bolts at 26 million cap room..
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:24 pm

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

He's the cap numbers for all teams. Luckily the Pats are 3rd from the bottom.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IdahoBronco1 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Hoppy wrote:
kicks wrote:Question - Do you think Cam will go back to show boating next season? Doing all the dabing and the Superman move every 10 seconds or has he learned some humilty? I know he says he won't conform so I expect that he won't change much. My thought is that he will curb it for a bit. Maybe slow it down a little. I'm all for a little bit of celebrating but I'm thinking he might remember this game for a good long time.

The most objectionable thing to me was destroying fan signs and tearing down flags and banners. No need for that.

You call it showboating I think he's just having fun. But yes he will continue to have fun. I also don't think his tearing down posters in their house was so bad We didn't like Flacco on our stadium but the NFL put it up. They also put up Posters of Flacco on the 16th st. mall that were torn down and all the Broncos fans partied when it happened. I think he played well in the SB. He outplayed Manning. Where was Manning on the fumble that was lost both times he was not diving for the ball. I believe the public and Media are just hating on Cam. He is the best QB out there this season let's just hope he doesn't get better. and I think he will.

Geez guy....this isn't about race. He lost the SB after "having so much fun".....History will show that he looked like a dumbazz, and the whole cat team for taking the SB so lightly. All the media showed was the cocky panthers being cocky during SB week. Denver sent home the practice squad dummy who got in trouble, and other than that....I believe the Broncos represented themselves well without the quirky cockiness. Cam showed some true colors and he went out classless. Manning and Elway have takin' it on the chin a few times and never looked like a spoiled rotten brat like Cam did...
IdahoBronco1
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Not sure where race came in but that shows how some of us think. anyway You could be right about the race thing. We grow up different. In my neighbor we played hard and talked stuff the whole day while we were winning. Good times until the other guy talked stuff. :lol: I didn't think about that thanks . I think you are wrong that the team took the SB lightly they were out coach and out played on defense. Their defense played well enough to win. The Broncos offense looked like Shit and we all know it. Don't put them down we had to take it to them on defense and we did. Cam Played better than most QB's who played the Broncos this season and he was great when speaking with Manning after the game. He was upset at the interview going on behind him and walked off. You call it what you want but He is the MVP and only the Media and the fans are making a big deal out of what happened. The players aren't. And next season he will be doing the same thing when he scores. Again I ask where was Peyton when he fumbled twice and why aren't you and everyone else making a big deal out of Him?
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 pm

That is not the ring Hop. It's a photoshopped version of the SB XXXIII ring. The design hasn't been finalized let alone released yet. I'm hoping the have a better looking theme this time
Attachments
download (14).jpg
download (14).jpg (13.39 KiB) Viewed 5602 times
download (13).jpg
download (13).jpg (6.48 KiB) Viewed 5602 times
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:39 am

I think those are to symbolize back to back SB's. This new one should be different and blingy.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:30 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:Out of the available QB's this year, probably Oz is the most appealing. Stafford is an injury waiting to happen....Kap is a mess but Kelly will probably keep him.....Manziel is finished because of himself....and RG3 is the most intriguing one because of his talent but he'll need a good coach with patience to bring him back to his formal self. Shanny may have ruined RG3 unless he can sit behind a veteran QB and be coached back to his potential. He'll probably land in Dallas.

We have to keep Brock that's all there is to it. RG3 showed he has grown up by sitting behind Cousins and not being a problem for the team but he may never be able to stand tall in the pocket. When you get hit as much as he has you may just be gun shy Kap wants out but he may never get back to glory days. Brock is the leader of this team and we need him here to get back to the SB. Yes I can see Dallas going for RG3 also and he would love sticking it to Washington.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:31 pm

IckyIPA wrote:

That is not the ring Hop. It's a photoshopped version of the SB XXXIII ring. The design hasn't been finalized let alone released yet. I'm hoping the have a better looking theme this time

:up: :up:
Hoppy
MVP

Postby kicks » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:42 pm

Hoppy wrote:

We can split the difference. How's this - he had fun show boating. Until we curb stomped him. :lol:

I think we keep this team largely intact once Manning retires and a few key players take pay cuts. Every team loses a player or two each year looking for a bigger deal. Next man up. Wonder how Decker and Julius Thomas like their new team?
kicks
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:32 pm

kicks wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

You call it showboating I think he's just having fun. But yes he will continue to have fun. I also don't think his tearing down posters in their house was so bad We didn't like Flacco on our stadium but the NFL put it up. They also put up Posters of Flacco on the 16th st. mall that were torn down and all the Broncos fans partied when it happened. I think he played well in the SB. He outplayed Manning. Where was Manning on the fumble that was lost both times he was not diving for the ball. I believe the public and Media are just hating on Cam. He is the best QB out there this season let's just hope he doesn't get better. and I think he will.[

We can split the difference. How's this - he had fun show boating. Until we curb stomped him. :lol:

I think we keep this team largely intact once Manning retires and a few key players take pay cuts. Every team loses a player or two each year looking for a bigger deal. Next man up. Wonder how Decker and Julius Thomas like their new team?

Here's one for you Peyton goes to the jets and they give him a one year deal to teach Geno and The two ex-Bronco WR welcome him with open arms
Archie said he was done in Denver but not Playing. We keep forgetting that the Jets are just a QB away from being a pretty good team. But Manning will keep them out of the Playoffs IMO.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Update on M. Jackson talks
https://t.co/nwQaG617dU
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Hoppy wrote:
kicks wrote:
Hoppy wrote:

You call it showboating I think he's just having fun. But yes he will continue to have fun. I also don't think his tearing down posters in their house was so bad We didn't like Flacco on our stadium but the NFL put it up. They also put up Posters of Flacco on the 16th st. mall that were torn down and all the Broncos fans partied when it happened. I think he played well in the SB. He outplayed Manning. Where was Manning on the fumble that was lost both times he was not diving for the ball. I believe the public and Media are just hating on Cam. He is the best QB out there this season let's just hope he doesn't get better. and I think he will.[

Here's one for you Peyton goes to the jets and they give him a one year deal to teach Geno and The two ex-Bronco WR welcome him with open arms
Archie said he was done in Denver but not Playing. We keep forgetting that the Jets are just a QB away from being a pretty good team. But Manning will keep them out of the Playoffs IMO.

Manning will retire. Archie is just saying the politically correct thing and dodging whether Manning comes back or not so Payton can announce it himself. Elway has also dodged the question. With as much bad press he's gotten lately Manning will retire. He won't play for the Rams or the Jets.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:41 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... li=BBnba9I

Waiting for Manning to decide before engaging in talks with Oz? This sounds too ridiculous to be true. Unless they are right about Cleveland wanting to trade for him.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Man.....Jacsonville has almost 75 million of cap room and the Raiders have almost 72 million. You can hire a pretty good team with that cap room to spend. The Jags will do like they did with JT and offer Jackson a mint....if the Raiders don't do it first. I think Malik Jackson isn't in our price range with others to sign him to that kind of spare change.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:42 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-broncos-waiting-on-manning-regarding-osweiler/ar-BBpuvo3?li=BBnba9I

Waiting for Manning to decide before engaging in talks with Oz? This sounds too ridiculous to be true. Unless they are right about Cleveland wanting to trade for him.

I'd have to agree with you if John is waiting this will be on his stupid things he did list. They say the talks will start around the combine not when Manning decides to retire or not. Manning has lost most of his physical talents The Broncos know that why would they wait. John isn't that stupid.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:11 pm

John wants to keep team together Defense
http://www.mail.denverpost.com/iymgvmcf ... hyggh.html
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:29 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-broncos-waiting-on-manning-regarding-osweiler/ar-BBpuvo3?li=BBnba9I

I'd have to agree with you if John is waiting this will be on his stupid things he did list. They say the talks will start around the combine not when Manning decides to retire or not. Manning has lost most of his physical talents The Broncos know that why would they wait. John isn't that stupid.

I would have to believe that this has all been discussed behind the scenes. I'm guessing John and Oz agreed to not go public with where they stand out of respect to Peyton. I am also guessing they both heard from Peyton, that he is hanging up the cleats, and just needs a bit of family time and to give the team time to enjoy this Championship, before the media blitz goes into full "Manning Retires" mode. That makes more sense to me than any other scenario. It also has me leaning towards, Brock aint going nowhere.
Last edited by IckyIPA on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:36 am

WOW!!! BEST WALKING DEAD EVER!!!
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:56 am

IckyIPA wrote:WOW!!! BEST WALKING DEAD EVER!!!

That was pretty damn intense. Haven't seen that much action on any show in a long time. They aren't afraid of shaking up developing story lines. Trying not to reveal much for others that haven't watched it yet.

Wow!!!
kicks
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)