AFC West Denver Broncos

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: AFC West Denver Broncos

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:06 pm

R8der113 wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
R8der113 wrote:Hey Utah....they have Carr with a fumble....he had an int, but no fumbles...I may need those 2 points

The. Bears? You want an adjustment against the Bears? Lmao. If the stats are wrong I'll fix them but it looks like you'll win anyway.

Yeah...Murray gave the game away...fumble and the int was in his hands...let it go and Chicago DB grabbed it mid air...was 10 points right there. Carr looked off all day and the D couldn't stop...wait the TE

I'll fix it if YAHOO doesn't.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Manning has had 7 4-0 starts with this offense. 1 SB win
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Peyton Vikings MVP so far[/quote

And we had 144 yards rushing"....

and they had 2 INT's That they shouldn't have . Manning made the game closer than it was. 10 points He gave them. This is the kind of game we like I guess. Take away the one run and we hold AP to under 40 we dominate the Vikings and the score would show it without Manning's INT's and we only run for 72 yards if Hilman didn't break the long one . Be more consistent and I have no Bitch. as for Peyton he has yet to prove me wrong. how many loses will we need for everyone to agree. Just wait and I hate saying a win is a win

4-0. With Manning instead of Bozoweiler. I'll take it.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:10 pm

This defense is something special.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:04 pm

OnlyInUtah wrote:This defense is something special.

It is every single game so far.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby Bigmac1979 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:
Hoppy wrote:Peyton Vikings MVP so far

and they had 2 INT's That they shouldn't have . Manning made the game closer than it was. 10 points He gave them. This is the kind of game we like I guess. Take away the one run and we hold AP to under 40 we dominate the Vikings and the score would show it without Manning's INT's and we only run for 72 yards if Hilman didn't break the long one . Be more consistent and I have no Bitch. as for Peyton he has yet to prove me wrong. how many loses will we need for everyone to agree. Just wait and I hate saying a win is a win

What can we do but try to tough it out and hope Manning and the line continue to improve? We aren't benching Manning at this point...that would take our modest chance to win the Super Bowl and render it virtually nil behind a first-year starter...I'd don't think you can waste a dominant defense like that.
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Bigmac1979 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

What can we do but try to tough it out and hope Manning and the line continue to improve? We aren't benching Manning at this point...that would take our modest chance to win the Super Bowl and render it virtually nil behind a first-year starter...I'd don't think you can waste a dominant defense like that.

I get it we're winning but no one is looking down the path. The last 3 seasons we all said the same thing . Peyton can lead us to the game . I see Brock making mistakes but he's not going to over throw every pass over 15 yards. I get it really I do. I just don't believe in Manning's system. and If your QB throws away the game in the playoffs. or a good team we will not be saying a win is a win. We haven't beaten a good team yet guys the records of the teams we have played tell the truth. Manning gave the Vikes 10 points a good team takes those 10 points and adds more to it and you are done.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Bigmac1979 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Hoppy wrote:
Bigmac1979 wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
OnlyInUtah wrote:

I get it we're winning but no one is looking down the path. The last 3 seasons we all said the same thing . Peyton can lead us to the game . I see Brock making mistakes but he's not going to over throw every pass over 15 yards. I get it really I do. I just don't believe in Manning's system. and If your QB throws away the game in the playoffs. or a good team we will not be saying a win is a win. We haven't beaten a good team yet guys the records of the teams we have played tell the truth. Manning gave the Vikes 10 points a good team takes those 10 points and adds more to it and you are done.

bottom line, do you think Denver's best chance for a Super Bowl THIS YEAR lies with Peyton or Brock?
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Manning. How could you cash in 4-0 and go with Oz?
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:46 pm

I need 7 points from Seattle tomorrow or DB wins.....lol
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:47 am

I would go with Brock Manning didn't get us to 4-0 the defense did. Manning has 6 TD's and 5 INT's doesn't sound ELITE to me. Brock is going to have to get in there and learn . No better team for him than a team with a great defense. Kubiak could run his zone blocking offense and we would see if we need a QB in the draft next season. We have two more games before the Bye Then Green Bay and Mr. Rodgers come to town. Any turnovers by Manning on our side of the field will turn into points. We get Manning out we play with the younger members of the team. Green and Latimer. Peyton doesn't like Green won't throw to him. He won't play with Latimer. Hasn't thrown to him in a regular season game in 2 seasons. Manning will force a pass into coverage to one of his favorite receivers even if there is a man open. We are 4-0 because we haven't played anyone yet. The tough games are coming. I know Manning gets credit for the victories because he starts but really we all know the defense won those games. They would do the same with Brock. One thing Brock will get better Manning is getting older he can't turn that around.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:56 am

Miami has fired Philbin. I were a coach in the NFL I would fight like crazy not to play overseas 2nd year in a roll a coach was fired for a bad showing for the Queen
Hoppy
MVP

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:03 pm

I know TJ forced the fumble and Von recovered it, but look at the play B Marsh made to allow Miller to get it. If it weren't for his hustle, we don't get the ball. I love how these guys swarm the ball. all of these big play, game winning plays the D has made, have been a result of solid team work.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Von_Miller_recovers_Bridgewaters_fumble/df3d9597-f4a4-431d-b498-1d1946c83c38
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:22 pm

RAIDER WEEK
You gotta admit Rich, looks way better than Black and Grey :o snap
Avi bet for a week ?
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Kubiak presser He doesn't sound happy about TO's
http://t.co/iRXL2jtmH2
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Hoppy
MVP

Postby Bigmac1979 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:03 pm

Hoppy wrote:I would go with Brock Manning didn't get us to 4-0 the defense did. Manning has 6 TD's and 5 INT's doesn't sound ELITE to me. Brock is going to have to get in there and learn . No better team for him than a team with a great defense. Kubiak could run his zone blocking offense and we would see if we need a QB in the draft next season. We have two more games before the Bye Then Green Bay and Mr. Rodgers come to town. Any turnovers by Manning on our side of the field will turn into points. We get Manning out we play with the younger members of the team. Green and Latimer. Peyton doesn't like Green won't throw to him. He won't play with Latimer. Hasn't thrown to him in a regular season game in 2 seasons. Manning will force a pass into coverage to one of his favorite receivers even if there is a man open. We are 4-0 because we haven't played anyone yet. The tough games are coming. I know Manning gets credit for the victories because he starts but really we all know the defense won those games. They would do the same with Brock. One thing Brock will get better Manning is getting older he can't turn that around.

Very well reasoned, and I think you might be right about the team actually improving with Brock...but I fear that's in the regular season. As much as I like Brock, I don't see him being the 4th ever first-year starting QB to win a Super Bowl...he's certainly no Brady! Neither Big Ben or Wilson could even get to the Superbowl with #1 defenses (and both had great running games to set them up). Manning at least has a better chance of adapting to the offensive struggles, and I trust him (a little) to make some clutch plays in a championship run. I would expect Brock to eventually succumb to the pressure and confusion of the big stage...because all rookies/first year starters do.
IMO, despite any immediate or even long-term benefit, a move to Brock dashes any hope we have of chasing a championship this year.
Bigmac1979
Rookie

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:17 pm

Hello all, below are my standard issue notes on Sunday’s sack-a-thon:
Best Manning audible of the night ‘Peyton, Peyton, I said Peyton!”
When Latimer was called for the flag, I thought “He’s on the field!?”
Wade Phillips has some stones for inserting Ray & Barrett in the final drive.
Teams should stop trying the DT bubble screen on us. We got that one down.
The ref who’s “flag got stuck” should get more reps in.
Standard heroes: Ware, Ward, Hillman, and Manning for getting our stars on the field.
I’m glad the Vikings didn’t know they had a star running back.
The whole stadium looked confused after Hillman’s big run.
Manning’s hard count strength is still looking strong.
McMANus is booming straightliners. We always believed in him* ** ***
In case any of you missed the humor in Miller’s no thrust sack dance:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10/4/9 ... elebration
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:43 am

Hoppy wrote:I would go with Brock Manning didn't get us to 4-0 the defense did. Manning has 6 TD's and 5 INT's doesn't sound ELITE to me. Brock is going to have to get in there and learn . No better team for him than a team with a great defense. Kubiak could run his zone blocking offense and we would see if we need a QB in the draft next season. We have two more games before the Bye Then Green Bay and Mr. Rodgers come to town. Any turnovers by Manning on our side of the field will turn into points. We get Manning out we play with the younger members of the team. Green and Latimer. Peyton doesn't like Green won't throw to him. He won't play with Latimer. Hasn't thrown to him in a regular season game in 2 seasons. Manning will force a pass into coverage to one of his favorite receivers even if there is a man open. We are 4-0 because we haven't played anyone yet. The tough games are coming. I know Manning gets credit for the victories because he starts but really we all know the defense won those games. They would do the same with Brock. One thing Brock will get better Manning is getting older he can't turn that around.

Here's the deal Hop. Until we start losing....... taking out a 4-0 QB and replacing him with an unproven QB would be coaching suicide for Kubiak. Unless Manning concedes the team would be better off with OZ and/or Elway steps into the fray.......it isn't going to happen. We have too many defensive free agents this year on defense so this is probably the only year we'll have them all on our team. Denver is going to run with Manning until we start losing ugly instead of winning ugly.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:45 am

StandardIssueDenver wrote:Hello all, below are my standard issue notes on Sunday’s sack-a-thon:
Best Manning audible of the night ‘Peyton, Peyton, I said Peyton!”
When Latimer was called for the flag, I thought “He’s on the field!?”
Wade Phillips has some stones for inserting Ray & Barrett in the final drive.
Teams should stop trying the DT bubble screen on us. We got that one down.
The ref who’s “flag got stuck” should get more reps in.
Standard heroes: Ware, Ward, Hillman, and Manning for getting our stars on the field.
I’m glad the Vikings didn’t know they had a star running back.
The whole stadium looked confused after Hillman’s big run.
Manning’s hard count strength is still looking strong.
McMANus is booming straightliners. We always believed in him* ** ***
In case any of you missed the humor in Miller’s no thrust sack dance:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10/4/9 ... elebration

lol :lol:
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:58 am

With Wolfe coming back somebody heads to the practice squad.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:08 am

I'm lovin' these news reels. Mason's nasal voice with comments like "Run Ronnie Run" and "McManus is the Bees Knees" :lol:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos_Newsreel_Denver_vs_Minnesota/7f627f5b-20a6-4ea1-a94a-70319764ef0d
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:26 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:With Wolfe coming back somebody heads to the practice squad.

I believe it will be either Ferentz C or Henry TE that goes to the PS, with either Lynch TE, Uko NT, or Johnson T being waived to make room
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby IckyIPA » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:52 am

Speaking of the Bees Knees, The Yorkies are sitting atop the FF and the Pick"em standings. His bench creamed my starters this week
Attachments
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (9.07 KiB) Viewed 5706 times
IckyIPA
All Pro

Postby StandardIssueDenver » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:09 am

IckyIPA wrote:I'm lovin' these news reels. Mason's nasal voice with comments like "Run Ronnie Run" and "McManus is the Bees Knees" :lol:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Broncos_Newsreel_Denver_vs_Minnesota/7f627f5b-20a6-4ea1-a94a-70319764ef0d

That just made my day.
StandardIssueDenver
Rookie

Postby Hoppy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:58 am

Bigmac1979 wrote:

Very well reasoned, and I think you might be right about the team actually improving with Brock...but I fear that's in the regular season. As much as I like Brock, I don't see him being the 4th ever first-year starting QB to win a Super Bowl...he's certainly no Brady! Neither Big Ben or Wilson could even get to the Superbowl with #1 defenses (and both had great running games to set them up). Manning at least has a better chance of adapting to the offensive struggles, and I trust him (a little) to make some clutch plays in a championship run. I would expect Brock to eventually succumb to the pressure and confusion of the big stage...because all rookies/first year starters do.
IMO, despite any immediate or even long-term benefit, a move to Brock dashes any hope we have of chasing a championship this year.

I see your point only we don't know Brock yet. I can't say he can be a first year starter to win a SB. and I can't say he isn't. At this point no one can. But I can say Peyton will burn out before he gets to the playoffs just like last season and the season before. when he looked like the first year starter and Wilson looked as if he was the seasoned pro. I don't get it Every year we have dreams of a SB and that dies just like Irsay said. I see it now what will it take for everyone to see it. This defense will win games for us with Brock as QB too. only Brock will be gaining experience. Who knew who Tom Brady was before he became Tom Brady.
Hoppy
MVP

Postby Hoppy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Mile High Report; Manning should become game manager
http://t.co/bzJB1wkJ6E
Hoppy
MVP

Postby OnlyInUtah » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:06 pm

IckyIPA wrote:Speaking of the Bees Knees, The Yorkies are sitting atop the FF and the Pick"em standings. His bench creamed my starters this week

I barely beat DB...lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby Hoppy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Mc'd up Sanders
http://t.co/KgQjaPkJEc
Hoppy
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)